Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The_Beyond
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:42 am 

Am I able to add a review written by someone else WHO CLEARLY GAVE ME THE PERMISSION to add it on here?

I traded demos with the finnish band Sammohan, and I wrote a review for it on here, and they wrote one for my band in return, but when i went to add it for him I left the author's name below it and so I was warned and the review rejected. Can someone please clear this up for me? Or can I just re-submit it without his name?

Thanks.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:31 am 

This is currently clearly forbidden by the rules, and we are expected to enforce that. So, unless the Gods decree otherwise, no.

It may be that the fact that you put the author's name below the review saved you from dursting; without credits, any stolen/borrowed-with-permission/recycled reviews written by someone else will invariably lead to banning. Don't resubmit it without the credits, either, you will get caught and I'll have to stencil another Limp Bizkit rapper stick figure on my already crowded PC box.

I suggest you ask the original author to register on the site, maybe just to submit the review and do nothing else. That's the most secure and easiest way to accomplish what you want, and even quite fair, I think. Besides, it's so easily done that the computer-literate Finns will not spend more than five minutes on it. If one of the Gods grants you the right to do this otherwise, it of course changes the situation, but unless that happens, don't.

The_Beyond
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:13 pm 

Yes, hopefully a Sammohan member will sign up, but its alot of work to do just for a favour. I'd write one myself, but that would obviously possess bias.
I'll see what I can do.

Reply to topic