Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Darkwinterdweller
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:52 pm 

Why is it so difficult to hold a debate on this forum without people being immature fucks? Users like Droneriot, who seems to be a complete douchebag, claim that I do not hold an argument of any substance, yet he is the one responding with no real discussion, just stupid arrogant remarks. Why can't I have any intelligent discussions and debates? Or even respect, at the least. I post something against the majority opinion, and all I get childish posts. Metal fans seem to be no better then any other subculture, those who aren't pussy followers of accepted opinions are not even considered. Just figured I'd put this out there, as it is a complaints section.

Dronedeath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:14 pm 

Because we hate you.

Darkwinterdweller
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:14 pm 

Wow, your cool aren't you?

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:28 pm 

No offense, but isn't this an issue with every single community on the internet?

Its the internet.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:39 pm 

It seems that I get caught up with the same bullshit.

Though Drone has gone against some of my opinions, I will say that he does hold a good discussion/debate. Looking at this Picture thread "crisis", he's far more mature than others here.

There are immature people here, but none I've had to deal with (exeption of blockman)

Darkwinterdweller
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:57 pm 

It is a problem in all online communities, but I just thought I would put it out there regardless.

Drone does seem more mature then most, I just dislike some of the responses he's given me in certain threads, recently the Devildriver one. No reason to act that way, really. I have no problem with anyone that disagrees with me, I just don't like when it's done in such a childish manner.

erickg13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:22 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
No offense, but isn't this an issue with every single community on the internet?

Its the internet.

yeah pretty much, you're gonna have your assholes, no matter where you go...

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:06 pm 

Very prophetic, Erick.

An apex of evolution wrote:
I've always wondered about this as well. I would think that it is because they are on a major label and are fairly popular, therefore, anything that is even slightly popular, despite it's quality, is always automatically hated by the so called true metal fans. Devildriver is very different from Coal Chamber despite what some of these users are saying, but probably because of it's close association with Coal Chamber, it is probably not accepted. Don't care for Coal Chamber at all, but I do think Devildriver is decent. I bet the majority of these people haven't even listened to Devildriver, but know they are somewhat popular, and therefore dislike them.

His Eminence also wrote:
Why is it so difficult to hold a debate on this forum without people being immature fucks? Users like Droneriot, who seems to be a complete douchebag, claim that I do not hold an argument of any substance, yet he is the one responding with no real discussion, just stupid arrogant remarks. Why can't I have any intelligent discussions and debates? Or even respect, at the least. I post something against the majority opinion, and all I get childish posts. Metal fans seem to be no better then any other subculture, those who aren't pussy followers of accepted opinions are not even considered. Just figured I'd put this out there, as it is a complaints section.

You make broad, sweeping generalizations concerning the thoughts and actions of all who (you assume) disagree with you, and yet this is not childish? You casually and with nary a second thought tar an entire group of individuals with the epithet of "stupid elitist/ tr00 kvlt kiddie/poser/" with a few deft keystrokes, and yet it is others who are arrogant?

"Oh my stars and garters, HEAVENS no, I didn't mean it like that! I would never think of doing such a thing. You've clearly misunderstood me, you poor sava...I mean, Nightgaunt!" Of course! How could I ever doubt one such as you? And so, I somehow managed to pull myself away from my cave paintings (and gleefully-undertaken genocide of every popular band on the Archive--work in progress) long enough to rethink and reinterpret the matter. Unfortunately, shameful though it is, the truth is that I still don't get it (Big surprise, I know).

Ah, to be enlightened. I'd ask you to explain it to me, but I know that would only be a waste of your valuable time (and my undeserved time). Not that I doubt that you, in your benevolence, would gladly try to explain it to a fool like me--oh, goodness, no. Rather, I suspect that I'd be far too primitive to ever understand. Further, 'twouldn't be fair--all of the 'give' would be yours, and all of the 'take' would be mine.

It has just dawned on me that perhaps I can give you something of value, after all--perhaps I can arrange it so that you won't have to waste your time with or suffer the juvenile insults of my ilk ever again. As you might expect from a Stone Age cretin such as myself, it's a large, blunt bludgeon of minor reknown, and I offer it on behalf of all my wretched ilk (which normally might seem a mite presumptuous, but not here--after all, we are all exactly the same).

Sir, it is with humbleness in whatever passes for mine shriveled little barbarian's heart that I offer you the Banhammer.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.