Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CoB
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:17 pm 

First of all, don't shoot me now. I read the rules, but I'm still not sure at all. And I'm a new user of the forum and poster of anything here, ever since I know the site for more than a year.

I want to submit Cock and Ball Torture, since it's goregrind and I saw that Regurgitate (same country, same genre) is there. But in the rules it says no grindcore. I'm still kinda... mixed up.

So, someone, knowing about the bands I'm talking about and knowing the rules more than me, can help me with this?

Thanks =]

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:18 pm 

They dont want to have grindcore that is way to much "punk" influenced.

example: See you next tuesday

however, if you come across/know a band that isn't in the archives that has a sound that is more similar to bands like Nasum, Napalm Death, or Gorgasm, then that will be accepted.. I believe.

CoB
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:28 pm 

Thank you =]

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:28 pm 

Your confusion is understandable. Cock and Ball Torture was on the Archive for a period, but was removed for having too little metal content some time ago. At this time, I wouldn't recommend that you submit them.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:04 pm 

CoB wrote:
I want to submit Cock and Ball Torture, since it's goregrind and I saw that Regurgitate (same country, same genre) is there.

CBT is from Germany, as Regurgitate is a swedish band ;)

Regurgitate is Death Metal mixed with Grindcore, not really far from old Carcass (at least in their beginning)

CBT is Punk/Rock mixed with Grindcore, using only a Death Metal sound, no DM compos. So it's not a Metal band, even if labelled the same as Regurgitate.
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

Disfigurator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 am 

Heh, Im listening right now Cock And Ball Torture, and imho it is more metal than other grind band submitted here, like:
Cadaveric Hunter (imho more punk sound than grind sound); Clotted Symmetric Sexual Organ, etc.

Cock And Ball Torture, in my oppinion, is more metal because of downtuned guitars, extreme vocals (doesn't matter how they are made - electronicaly or from your own gutts), lyrics.
In fact - I don't hear any punk in C&BT, and this band should take respectfully their place in MA.

Same oppinion for Last Days Of Humanity.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:19 am 

Do you see the admin's opinion above you?
However. latest Cock and Ball Torture album Egoleech seems to contain groovy death metal instead of grindcore, so it could be further discussed in the rejected thread above with a download.

http://www.cockandball.de/media.htm
http://www.disagreement.net/reviews/coc ... leech.html
Forum mods, please move this post and the question there, if possible and lock this old thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.