Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bakbik1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:45 pm 

My report (https://www.metal-archives.com/report/v ... /show/mine) was closed by the moderator Porman, who argued that "Antisemitism" is redundant because "Blasphemy" and "Anti-religion" are already mentioned. This argument makes no sense. Antisemitism is not a religious discrimination; this would be anti-Judaism. Antisemitism is a form of racism; discrimination against ethnic Jews, regardless of their religious beliefs. The belief that the Jewish race is inferior led Nazis to murder six million ethnic Jews in the Holocaust. I'm ethnically Jewish myself, but I'm still an atheist and hold anti-religious views. You have probably heard of many non-religious Jews yourself, all the way from Albert Einstein and Oppenheimer to Karl Marx.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J ... _agnostics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_secularism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiloni
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_antisemitism

Regarding Impiety, some of their lyrics are clearly antisemitic and racist towards ethnic Jews. One song ("Carbonized") even praises the Holocaust and takes a pro-Nazi stance. The artwork (https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/I ... Evil/58893) is inspired by Auschwitz. I'll give some examples of their antisemitic lyrics:

Carbonized:
"Baptized cold in Zyklon,
Celebrate the extermination,
A relentless Sadistic Ritual,
Forward march to Annihilation...

See their stinking corpses.
Left to rot and pile up high,
Another hundred thousand,
Awaiting their cruel demise...

Experiments conducted on the young,
Twins carved twisted into form,
The pregnant dissected in pain,
Aborting all innocence to death...

Castrate proud bearers of the star,
Electrocute those who so deserve,
Lethally inject with petrol,
Lethally infect with all virus...

And so, is this all a heinous crime
Against humanity?
We applaud the wanton brutality,
Anti-Jewish Supremacy!"

Adonai Made Excrement:
"Crushing your hordes,
Your fool sty of swines must die,
What good does bring your Sabbath?
And lies preached by your rabbis?
Exterminating your flock,
Enough has this world endured,
Let's cleanse what seems unchaste,
And that is you and your unholy grace"

As Judea Burns:
"Shalom... we greet upon our descent
To impurify the land where war had pit stands
Exterminate the flock of Abrahamir pride
Birthplace of Adam, swines of a kind"

Kaos Kommand 696:
"Incinerate glorious
Filthy Jewish cunts
I give kommand for eternal world genocide!"

Aten... Once Upon:
"Exodus to Sinai, all sounds the same,
Was it Moses did you, became?
Archaeological evidence proves,
a fact to be true,
Jewish liars refute the truth..."

Vomit Jehovah Vomit:
"Blessed be O' Annointed One...
You still are King of Jews,
Urine flows upon your throne..."

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:59 am 

good luck bro, that band has a good reputation on the trve metal community, you think that's gonna change? it will only have antisemitism if it's some "muh far right!!!" band. why do you think cannibal corpse doesn't have "misogyny" but infester has a whole telephone list on their lyrical themes? lol

Bakbik1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:19 pm 

MDL wrote:
good luck bro, that band has a good reputation on the trve metal community, you think that's gonna change? it will only have antisemitism if it's some "muh far right!!!" band. why do you think cannibal corpse doesn't have "misogyny" but infester has a whole telephone list on their lyrical themes? lol

To be fair bands like Cannibal Corpse have distanced themselves from the misogynistic themes of their earlier lyrics. However, I agree that "Misgoyny" is another one that many are afraid to mention. A few days ago I've reported someone for removing the "Misogyny" theme for bands with explicit misogynistic themes and lyrics (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64976&start=4760).

Last edited by Bakbik1234 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bakbik1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:27 pm 

Regarding Impiety, I want to mention that I'm not the first person to notice the antisemitic nature of some of their lyrics. Here is a copy paste from an old (2005) review of the album Paramount Evil (https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/ ... sphere/462):

"There's also plenty of anti-Judaic sentiments to befuddle the politically correct types, particularly in Carbonized – really, no one's going to mistake lines like 'we hail the wanton brutality – anti-Jewish supremacy!' as belonging in a sympathetic account of the Holocaust – and Adonai Made Excrement. Add to this the artwork – mostly consisting of ovens, mass graves and the gates of Auschwitz proudly displayed under the CD tray, not to mention a blueprint map of the camp on the back cover – and it becomes fairly obvious Impiety are making no plans to tour Israel any time soon."

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:24 am 

I only closed it because of previous claims and denies by Impiety that they aren't antisemitic, but plain anti-religious. Perhaps in their mindset, it is true or they simply don't see the difference. We're currently discussing this in private and a decision will be made soon.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:31 pm 

After review, we've added the theme back to Impiety.

MDL wrote:

Except Cannical Corpse did have it... twice, added by mods or ex-mods. Some dipshits (including one who is banned for having been caught doing exactly this kind of whitewashing recently) reverted them:
Spoiler: show

Sometimes "edit wars" do happen, so we're looking at more efficient ways to lock down some fields for cases like this. But kindly stay out of these threads if all you have to contribute are useless "gotchas".

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Bakbik1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:43 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
After review, we've added the theme back to Impiety.

MDL wrote:

Except Cannical Corpse did have it... twice, added by mods or ex-mods. Some dipshits (including one who is banned for having been caught doing exactly this kind of whitewashing recently) reverted them:
Spoiler: show

Sometimes "edit wars" do happen, so we're looking at more efficient ways to lock down some fields for cases like this. But kindly stay out of these threads if all you have to contribute are useless "gotchas".

Thanks! GuardAwakening did the same thing with early Devourment, so I'll add "Misogyny" back.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:37 am 

Yes, unfortunately he did a lot of these despite repeated warnings... Feel free to revert similar edits of his wherever you see them.

Reply to topic