Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Consul of the Wolf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:01 pm 

Hello! I'm new here!

I've found what could be a leaked Lucifer's Heritage song from a leaked album which has never been released or mentioned publicly until it's leak onto YouTube on 10 Mar 2012. It was uploaded by a guy who uploads or leaks rare or unreleased songs, albums and demos by the thrash metal band "Last Rites".

A few things I would like to clear up and perhaps have help with:

1. The reason why I haven't mentioned some names or given links is because I'm not sure whether uploading links to leaked songs is allowed on this website. I'm new and I don't want to get banned. I'll mention names and links if I'm told that I'm allowed to.

2. I'm not entirely sure that the song is genuine, but I think it is since the uploader has uploaded very genuine sounding stuff by Last Rites before, and Last Rites and Lucifer's Heritage both came from Krefeld so I'm assuming the uploader lives in Krefeld. But the images in the video are probably edited and the second/last image is the cover image for a fantasy book that was released in 1992. I need to find out if it is genuine enough to be uploaded.

3. The song was made and record in 1984-1988 and I date it to 1984, but I'm no expert.

4. I've tried to contact the uploader, but it seems like he's been inactive for 3 years.

5. The song could be from a live album.

6. This song and album have not been mentioned anywhere at all online until now.

7. There is an unpublished song and instrumental in the album.

8. The contents of the album are shown in image 2.

So could you please tell me if adding this song and album is OK and perhaps give me some help in contacting the uploader and getting more information about the song and album.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:50 pm 

No, only albums officially released by the band should be added.

Consul of the Wolf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:13 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
No, only albums officially released by the band should be added.

Then how come the there is a bootlegged, unofficially released Blind Guardian(the successor to Lucifer's Heritage) album on the encyclopaedia called "Return of the Elven Kings"?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:28 pm 

Because it's an other version of an official album.

Hmm, allow me to explain. Albums added to band discographies must be "valid" albums. We consider an "album" to be acceptable, or "valid," if it is a complete and official work which has been released and distributed to the public.

A work is complete if it's presented as the finished version of that album. In other words, it's the intended final form of the album, with a fixed tracklist released together in a shared package. A work is official if it is or was clearly sanctioned or authorized by the band or its agent. In other words, we run on the mentality that in order for something to be official it needs to originate from the band. And, lastly, a work is considered released and distributed if it is or was clearly and openly made available to a public audience physically or as a full digital download (streaming does not count).

We have these guidelines because we want to ensure (a) that what we include is held to consistent standards and (b) that those standards recognize what we consider to be meaningful musical works. We expect valid albums to be complete because we expect the album to be done. We expect valid albums to be official because we expect the album to be something the band wanted to publish. We expect valid albums to be released and distributed publicly because we expect the band intended for the album to be widely available.

Other versions of valid albums are treated differently. We do include bootleg/disputed versions of valid albums because we want people to be aware that the version of an official album that they've come across is authentic or not. We don't extend this to band discographies because it is not in our interests to list unofficial albums. The ONLY exception to this rule is Mayhem's "The Dawn of the Black Hearts," which we've included because it has substantial historical value to the metal scene at-large. You can't say that for 99.9% of the bootlegs out there, let alone 99.9% of the metal albums ever released. :P

EDIT: One last point that's extremely important. Information added to the site MUST be verifiable. If you don't know for certain about something, and can't back it up with a source if requested, then that information should not be added. We don't tolerate guesswork/assumptions, and anything that is guesswork/assumption would be removed. We understand that it's sometimes impossible to find the truth about something, but it's better to be cautious and keep information off the site than to include something that is guessed and possibly false/wrong.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Consul of the Wolf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:48 am 

Ok. I understand now. The only bootlegs you allow are those that are a different version of an album(and those are allowed only to make sure people know the official version from the unofficial version). The album I wanted to add was an album in it's own and was unofficial and not a version of an official album(though the records were genuinely of the band, three being completely unique to the album). So I can't add this album to The Encyclopaedia and now I know that. Thank you for informing me about the rules behind bootlegged albums. :)

Reply to topic