Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EvanOfEvil666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:59 pm 

First thing:
I understand a lot of metalcore bands aren't allowed on Metal Archives because they're not "metal enough" (i.e. Asking Alexandria, As I Lay Dying, etc.). That's understandable, but why are bands like Trivium or Killswitch Engage allowed? They sound exactly the same as the other bands, like some I mentioned, and also have those crappy "Disney movie" soft-sung choruses, which RUIN the point of being an extremely heavy band! They should be taken off.

Secondly:
Why aren't hardcore bands like Hatebreed or Converge on the Archives? Sure they might have slight similarities to the metalcore you don't allow, but they're far better and more intense. Have any of you even listened to bands like Nails? They're hellishly fast and grinding but can also have bludgeoning riffs that melt your face off, but what's that? Oh, they're Blacklisted! I don't understand why these kinds of hardcore/powerviolence bands aren't allowed.

So long story short:
It would be nice of you could take off any and all sing-songy metalcore bands off Archives, but make room for more bands like Nails or Converge. It really annoys me, and I'm sure it annoys others apart of this website as well. Please consider this. Thanks.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:15 pm 

EvanOfEvil666 wrote:
why are bands like Trivium or Killswitch Engage allowed? They sound exactly the same as the other bands

No they're not, they have at least one album with predominantly metal riffing. You clearly haven't heard Ember to Inferno.

Quote:
...and also have those crappy "Disney movie" soft-sung choruses, which RUIN the point of being an extremely heavy band!

That's your opinion, I happen to enjoy Disney movie soft-sung choruses if used competently.

EvanOfEvil666 wrote:
Why aren't hardcore bands like Hatebreed or Converge on the Archives? Sure they might have slight similarities to the metalcore you don't allow, but they're far better and more intense.

Intensity means nothing, metal riffing does. Did you read our guidelines?

Quote:
It really annoys me, and I'm sure it annoys others apart of this website as well.

Then go somewhere else. Our site, our rules.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:16 pm 

Quote:
They sound exactly the same as the other bands

No, they don't. Trivium has obvious metal influences, there's a big thrash metal influence on The Crusade for instance. Killswitch Engage is also much more metal than bands like Bullet for my Valentine, it's all about metal riffs and KSE do have some. We don't care how "soft" the choruses are...

Quote:
Why aren't hardcore bands like Hatebreed or Converge on the Archives?

"hardcore"

Quote:
Have any of you even listened to bands like Nails? They're hellishly fast and grinding but can also have bludgeoning riffs that melt your face off, but what's that? Oh, they're Blacklisted!

Yes, hardcore/pv/grind riffs, not metal ones.

Quote:
It really annoys me

We are truly sorry.

Next time, use the search function and you'll see that these subjects were tackled quite often in the past and use these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65721

Well, damn you to hell, Diamhea!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.