Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GrindingBlackness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:21 pm 

I now have 3 usernames on this site but I am only going to use the current one.

Either I am doing something wrong or there is a problem with this site because the following has happened twice now:

I will have a screen name and password but I will log out at some point and then I am unable to sign in to my account again.

I will try to use my password to log back in, which I know for a 100% FACT is the correct one I used to sign up with, but on the login page it will keep telling me over and over again that it's the wrong password so I won't be able to sign in.

Then I will try to email one of the mods using the link for if you have any problems and I will successfully email a mod, but no matter how many emails I send a mod will never get back to me, so the only way I will have to get back on the forum and post again is to create a new email account with a different email somewhere like google or yahoo or wherever, and then use that account to create a new user name and password.

So I'm starting this thread because I don't want this to ever happen again if I accidentally log out because I am guessing that if that happens i will once again not be able to log back in even if I use the correct password, nor can I be sure whether or not a mod will return my emails if I can't log back in.

My past two accounts were Illstarredson and Idolsofchagrin.

If it's not cool to have more than one account you can delete the others but I just want to make sure it's POSSIBLE for me to log in again before you do so.

Is there something wrong with this website and if not, why has this happened twice now?

What can I do if it happens again?

Thank you

GrindingBlackness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:46 pm 

Could one of the mods please respond to this?

Thanks

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:17 pm 

We're not really sure what your problem is.

Have you tried using the "forgot your password" option and doing the steps it asks? You seem convinced that the password you're trying is correct, but if it's not working then it's not.

This is very likely not a site problem.

MetalPeas
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:12 pm 

It sounds like a browser problem. What browser are you using?

GrindingBlackness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:45 am 

Derigin wrote:
We're not really sure what your problem is.

Have you tried using the "forgot your password" option and doing the steps it asks? You seem convinced that the password you're trying is correct, but if it's not working then it's not.

This is very likely not a site problem.

Yes I've used the "forgot my password" option and I know the password I was using is correct.

That's the problem, that even using the correct password never works and I also can't reach moderators when I can't get on the site.

Of course now that I registered with another email it's not a problem but I just wanted to figure out what the problem was so that if I ever sign off and can't get back on again I know how to do so.

Maybe the problem is my browser.

I use Google chrome right now.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:23 pm 

I use Google Chrome and have never had a problem staying logged in, or logging in if I accidentally log out. So Chrome itself works fine with the login.

GrindingBlackness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:43 pm 

Hmm, well, I don't think I dare log out to try to figure out what the problem is or test out whether or not I can get back on cause last time I did that I couldn't get back on and had to create a new password on yahoo to do so.

I guess the answer is to never log out again lol, but sooner or later I'll probably do it accidentally and need to start a new account on Yahoo or wherever to get back in...oh well.

If you or any of the mods can think of what the problem might have been please let me know.

Also, do mods here usually respond to most emails?

Because in my situation I found you guys didn't get back to me.

Thanks anyways

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:17 am 

Err, who did you mail? Some people actually get lots of mail, could be still there.

Also, could be an ISP/proxy thing. Or a case of keyboard layouts, where the way you need to type your password changes.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:50 pm 

The only e-mails that I can see I received from you are: one asking to change your username to "Ill-Starred Son" in late 2012, and one asking about a rejected review in early 2013. I replied to both.

There should be no issue logging back in when you log out. Note that passwords are case-sensitive though, so make sure you capitalize correctly. Also, are you talking about logging in on the main site, on the forum, or both?

GrindingBlackness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:39 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
The only e-mails that I can see I received from you are: one asking to change your username to "Ill-Starred Son" in late 2012, and one asking about a rejected review in early 2013. I replied to both.

There should be no issue logging back in when you log out. Note that passwords are case-sensitive though, so make sure you capitalize correctly. Also, are you talking about logging in on the main site, on the forum, or both?

I'm talking about logging in on the forum.

Logging in on the main site seemed to work in that nothing came up saying I'd gotten the wrong password but then when I tried to on the forum it said I was using the wrong password.

So what does that indicate if I was able to log in to the main forum?

I don't think I've ever had trouble logging in to the main site, it's the forum that gives me a problem.

Not sure why you or no one else ever got my other messages as I sent them to the web master, which I am assuming is you?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:35 am 

Try sending me an email to [email protected]

GrindingBlackness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:42 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Try sending me an email to [email protected]

I just emailed you.

Let me know whether or not you got it.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:49 pm 

I got it.

GrindingBlackness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:25 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
I got it.

Ok good.

So if I have problems again I'll just email someone.

Thanks

Reply to topic