Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
googooboogie666
Mallcore Kid

Location: The Land Where Serpent Guardians Protect the Cadavers of the Undead Kings
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:55 am 

Well, as my second post in this forum, I had posted something in the Suggestions and Complaints thread regarding the changing nature of truth and the changing definition of heavy metal. It also received a couple of replies if I remember correctly, and the next time I came looking for that post, it was nowhere to be seen.

Again, my thread regarding immigration in The Tavern got lost the same way.

If they were bad ideas for the thread, I'm sure the mods would lock them instead of erasing them altogether.

Can someone explain me what the hell happened to those posts?

Thanks
Googooboogie666

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:28 am 

I didn't moderate your Tavern thread, I'll let the mod who did comment on that, but the S&C post (thread?) you're referring to is nowhere to be found. We don't really delete posts or topics, unless they're obvious duplicates or automated spam, so not sure what happened there. Was it more recent or older? It seems passingly familiar. EDIT: Oh, found it. It was moved to an invisible section for certain locked topics, like your other thread, though I'd say that wasn't appropriate for either. (not for the reasons you might think, though)

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:16 pm 

Your thread in the Tavern is there:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107875

It's locked. We're not against people bringing up any topic, but some topics almost always turn out to be shit. That was one of them. Intentions aside, maybe it's best to avoid creating threads like that which may knowingly devolve into being a train wreck. If it seems like a bad idea - like you said in that thread - it probably is.

googooboogie666
Mallcore Kid

Location: The Land Where Serpent Guardians Protect the Cadavers of the Undead Kings
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:10 pm 

Ah okay, so there is an invisible thread for such posts as well, eh? Haha cool.
okay, was just wondering where the posts had disappeared.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:16 pm 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but... I noticed a few weeks ago that my status changed to "metal freak" I don't know if I lost points since I really don't care about the points, I care about the band info being correct. Today I logged in and noticed that I was demoted back to "veteran". I just want to know if I did something wrong that caused this to happen.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:42 am 

I decided to dock some points because you seem unable to stop with your unacceptable goregrind bands despite multiple requests and warnings to think twice before submitting something.

Reply to topic