Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LordSeth MMT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:46 pm 

Hello.

It seems until release type set to "Boxed set" it is impossible to split tracks between A: and B: side, even its correctly indicated as 7" vinyl 33 rpm (as it is for this Asphyx release).

As soon as I change release type to (for example) "Compilation", I have an ability to split every disk on A: and B: side, but when switch it back to "Boxed Set" it disappearing again. Would anybody advise what release type should be correct in this case?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:58 pm 

You're using the release type wrong.
For boxed sets, you will not have to enter the tracklisting, but rather, the name of each disc, and their total playing time (optional as always). In place of the lyrics field, you can add notes about each disc (including the tracklisting, if the disc has some special tracks). Note that boxed sets should apply to bundles of previously released albums, and not special multi-disc compilations with assorted tracks that happen to be released in a box. E.g. this is a valid boxed set, but this is not.

Check the entry again, I've edited it to its intended form.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:13 pm 

Although the more I think about it, the more this seems like a multi-component release in a box. It's only partly consistent of previous albums, and seems more like a demo comp. I'll check with some other mods.

Anyway, the main issue is that some people assume the "boxed set" category is basically for anything compilation-y that comes in a box. The intended use is actually for a set of previously released albums compiled into one product. In that sense it is less about the physical "box" part and more about the idea of a "set" of albums.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:15 pm 

Pretty much what Azmodes said, it is more about confusion surrounding the term "boxed set" itself. If taken too literally, we run into these problems. This was brought up some time ago and Morrigan basically stated what we are now echoing here. If she wants to comment...
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

LordSeth MMT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:47 pm 

Azmodes, thank you for explanation.

I review help section before posting, but was just a bit confused because this particular box includes never before released (at least officially) "Live in Holland '89".

Please keep posted if any decisions made about the subj.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:15 am 

I have changed the category to a compilation. It seems more fitting and offers a more detailed and elegant display of the included material. Please adjust the sides for each vinyl, if you know them.

LordSeth MMT
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:54 am 

Ok, I will.

Thank you for help.

Reply to topic