Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Strix Nebulosa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:35 am 

Hi guys,

This band doesn't really have original material, just re-releases of music from Aragorn. Please wait until there is an original release.

Sure I will, but I don't really understand this argumentation because of the following:

The band has material that could not be more original. I wrote it, I am Aragorn, I never released it officially what I did in 2014, it is officially (and notarially) copyrighted since 2014 and not earlier and it has been re-mastered with some weeks of effort in 2014.

Nevertheless - new stuff to follow.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:51 am 

It means that Strix Nebulosa doesn't have any original (or new if you may) material to that name since the anthology are two EP's that were released under the previous name (Aragorn), not that the material itself isn't originally yours.

I don't how else to explain this.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:37 am 

Strix Nebulosa wrote:
I never released it officially what I did in 2014, it is officially (and notarially) copyrighted since 2014 and not earlier and it has been re-mastered with some weeks of effort in 2014.

Hang on, ... so these were never released/distributed, only recorded?
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ar ... holy/34238
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ar ... ions/52549

There's one review, though it mentions only a download.

Strix Nebulosa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:57 am 

Yes, there was only a download. Check the last modification of the tracklist - how can it be that the track "Apocalyptic Battles" which is 4:43 long was mentioned in the tracklist named "Apocalypt" and has a length of 0:09 ? This is for sure a corrupted Napster, Soulseek or whatever tracks

This material was never released on not even one physical output - and the ones that tell something different are kindly asked to show me this output. Then we have 2 Aragorns and someone has exactly the same master tapes an I have...!

If bands with no physical Output shall not be listed here Aragorn has to be deleted but Strix Nebulosa has to be mentioned. Aragorn was available on Mp3.com and Mp3.de.

Nevertheless - "I behold, I declare ... WAR!" will be officially released with label in early 2015, so I will show up again then. CHeers

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm 

Strix Nebulosa wrote:
This material was never released[..] Aragorn was available on Mp3.com and Mp3.de.

:scratch:

teh_Foxx0rz
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:52 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Strix Nebulosa wrote:
This material was never released[..] Aragorn was available on Mp3.com and Mp3.de.

:scratch:
I just have to say:
Strix Nebulosa wrote:
This material was never released on not even one physical output

Think he means it just wasn't released physically; only distributed on those sites.

Strix Nebulosa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:20 am 

Quote:
Think he means it just wasn't released physically; only distributed on those sites.

This is exactly what I meant and a download is no release in my opinion - I might be too old school for this.

Nevertheless I will today distibute this release on several different sites and for sure someone will will post the new output here when released.

cya

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:51 am 

Right, that syntax was a bit confusing.

The band might not have been acceptable in 2003, but since 2013 we also accept certain digital-only bands. I'd say Aragorn would have been alright in that regard, so it stays. Once the new incarnation has its own release, you can resubmit it.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.