Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
todesengel_hell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:53 am 

I am all of a sudden receiving the below error whenever trying to submit an album with more than 1 track. I had added several valid albums with multiple tracks in a row immediately prior to this error.

Internal error: Request was blocked by automated security. If you're filling out a new form, try entering only the minimum required fields and see if that helps. Otherwise, report this problem to the webmaster.

todesengel_hell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:18 pm 

Here's some additional info from some further experimentation. The link below is the specific release I seem to be having issues with. I'm not sure if it's the name of the release that is the problem or something else. I am able to add releases with more than 1 track to other bands. I have also successfully added another album with more than 1 track to this same band after receiving this error. If I try to modify this specific album (Corrode) to have more than 1 track, I receive the same "automated security" error. If I try to add another album of this same name (Corrode), I receive the same "automated security" error.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/N ... de/1182191

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:21 pm 

The title of track 2 is literally a Unix command line... Understandably, the server security system finds that pretty suspicious. In rare cases like this, you can use HTML entities like I did to escape problematic characters.

todesengel_hell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:40 am 

Fair enough. I'll keep that solution in mind if I ever encounter a similar issue. Thanks for your help.

Reply to topic