Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ctrl_Del_Esc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:17 am 

Hey all, as a newb (this is my first post) I'm sorry if this in the wrong forum or a stupid question. What can I say? Every gets a few stupid questions right?

I was looking through the bands in the encyclopedia and was thinking of adding Head Control System (they're not in the submission queue). For those who don't know them, they're a duo signed to Jester. It's Trickster G/Garm/Kristofferous G Rygg/whatever else and Daniel Cardoso. They have an album out, Murder Nature; it's great but I'm not sure if it's appropriate because I'm shit at picking genres. If I had to describe it I'd say, maybe, a metal A Perfect Circle but less bland so I don't know what genre that would be.

Thoughts anyone? Do you think they're appropriate? What genre do you think they are? If you're interested in hearing them I'm pretty confident they have a myspace page with samples (doesn't everyone?).

blackmage
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:30 am 

If they were able to be added then they would have been already.
I guess the admins don't think they are metal enough
oh, and wrong forum

That sounds plausible.

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:58 am 

Great band, not metal, so if they were ever accepted it'd have to be on the grounds of them being a side project. Since it's not a project formed by Kris I'm not sure if they count.

Though I don't think they're any less metal than Stolen Babies, Devil Doll or Estradasphere (who were removed from this site apparently).

deviant_messiah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:29 am 

Yes, they should be added, because everything Garm touches turns into gold.

...except Teachings in Silence.

I <3 this band.

Chaosmonger
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:49 pm 

Teachings In Silence was great. I say they shouldn't be added but then, I'd also say that Faith No More should be removed. Isn't Alice In Chains in here too? Too lazy to check.

JoeCapricorn
Needs to stop pissing off the mods

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:31 pm 

Yep, they are.

Mieresch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:49 pm 

Sokaris wrote:
Great band, not metal, so if they were ever accepted it'd have to be on the grounds of them being a side project. Since it's not a project formed by Kris I'm not sure if they count.

Though I don't think they're any less metal than Stolen Babies, Devil Doll or Estradasphere (who were removed from this site apparently).

Yeah but Daniel Cardoso is also active in a metal band, Oblique Rain. So you could accept it, based on being his side-project. If Wellwater Conspiracy are here, Head Control System should be too.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:52 pm 

dust666 wrote:
Sokaris wrote:

Yeah but Daniel Cardoso is also active in a metal band, Oblique Rain. So you could accept it, based on being his side-project. If Wellwater Conspiracy are here, Head Control System should be too.

According to their page, he is only a session drummer, not a regular member, so that does not count.

Head Control is on the rejected list for not being metal - it is some kind of alternative rock in style.

mad_arab
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:26 am 

reviving this topic, now Daniel Cardoso is a member of Anathema. Does that count for Head Control System to be added to m-a?

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:08 am 

Sorry, but in the 16 years since this thread was last active, our rules around side-projects have been pretty drastically curtailed. Head Control System will not be getting in based on Daniel Cardoso's membership.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Reply to topic