Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sean16
Moody Tabulator of Torn Hymens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:47 pm 

Napero wrote:

I had realized just after having finished typing my post.

Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:54 pm 

FINALLY! I had the greatest sleep of my life last night.

A great challenge from a personal and collective perspective. Quality has improved and we've got a few new regulars, so hats off to iamntbatman and sushiman specifically for their efforts. :)

I think I won by the biggest margin in MA history. :P I beat hells_unicorn's record from February 2007 by 1 measly review. I wasn't aware of that until just now. First time hells_unicorn hasn't featured in the top three since 2006, which is a phenomenal testament to his performances on these challenges. I imagine the next challenge will be monumental!

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:59 pm 

gosh, hopefully next time ill be able to write more - i had no idea i was that close to being in the top three!

Cheers to Napero et al for accepting the submissions so quickly, and of course to Sean16 for his tireless statistical efforts.

Congrats to perplexed and the other top spots! bring on next reiew challenge! i hope to beat my record from may this year

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:07 pm 

Thank you all for the pleasant submissions. It's always nice to mod reviews which are nearly unanimously high quality.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:25 pm 

Napero wrote:
That was nice! A good result in any case, and having been modding this thing every single time, I can guarantee you people that the quality has been the best among all the challenges so far. And by a wide margin.

:beer:

Well that's good to hear. After all, that's the most important part. Very impressive result I'd say, that's a dickload of new reviews for the site.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:01 pm 

Fuck man, I was knocked out of the top 3 by only a few reviews :nono:

I could have easily reviewed the 2 Animae Capronii albums oneyoudontknow gave me and a couple others, but I focused on stupid projects. Damn; well, better luck next time - that's when the real challenge will come.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:14 pm 

Awesome prize by the way Sean16 :grin: and yes now the challenge is over I can get back to reviewing some doom from this year that's already been broken in!

Well done to Perplexed_Sjel and iamntbatman, I can tell the results have got a bit of a competitive streak going amongst everyone now. I'm guessing next challenge in May the magic number will be hit and beaten. I look forward to it with gusto!

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:37 pm 

Gratz to everyone who participated in this challenge! The number of unique albums reviewed in MA grew by 2% in one week. :thumbsup:

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:49 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Fuck man, I was knocked out of the top 3 by only a few reviews :nono:

I could have easily reviewed the 2 Animae Capronii albums oneyoudontknow gave me and a couple others, but I focused on stupid projects. Damn; well, better luck next time - that's when the real challenge will come.

x2! i wrote about 5 more, then called it quits and went to bed. i shoulda kept going! if only i knew i was just a couple off the pace. dammit!

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:47 am 

Damn, disappointed in myself but congratulations to Perplexed_Sjel, damn!

Great job to everyone as usual, it was obviously hard to beat last years total. I can only imagine what the numbers would have looked like if we had the regular reviewers who submit so much like hells_unicorn, Noktorn, caspian at the top form instead of not submitting really at all.

Looking forward to next challenge as well, time to start collecting up again as well.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:10 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Man, those May numbers are mind-blowing. I've gotta start collecting more virgins starting now if I'm going to compete with that come next May.

It was great fun though, and I'm really looking forward to the next challenge.

I'm honored to win such a prize, thanks!

Congrats on stealing my horn, but don't get too attached to it, I'm stocking up for my next harem and I'm planning on 3 digits, assuming all goes as planned. :evil:

But on a less competitive note, this was a good challenge for well thought out reviews. I think I need to do some genre exploring and broaden my horizons so that I can get into a better groove next time around.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

EntilZha
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 am 

Next challenge...

The rules: Review anything, no matter if virgins or non-virgins, singles, compilations, old reviews cross-posted from your blog, doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that the review needs to be good, obviously.

The objective: The total number of reviews on the site is getting close to 50k, and there are a few days of November left...

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:18 pm 

EntilZha wrote:
The objective: The total number of reviews on the site is getting close to 50k, and there are a few days of November left...

*pets an ugly cat*

"Unleash the Autothrall!"

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:51 am 

Napero wrote:
EntilZha wrote:

*pets an ugly cat*

"Unleash the Autothrall!"

"You...you wouldn't."

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10