Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Caligo_Frontman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:50 am 

Going to up this again, seeing that no answer was given.

Caligo_Frontman wrote:
Greetings!

Can the band Theoroth (Russia) be whitelisted again? Previously named Зимний Дракон (Winter Dragon), it was blacklisted for not having enough metal in it, although it is an Epic Atmospheric Black Metal band with ambient influences. Since the band has been blacklisted a few albums and a split have been digitaly released. I think the new stuff has enough metal in it to be approved on Metal Archives.

Theoroth bandcamp: https://theoroth.bandcamp.com/music

A big thanks for all your work!

fokkertism
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:06 pm 

Would you be able to whitelist the American band the Raunchous Brothers? I remember reading in this thread that they were blacklisted for being too punk. Their recently released album does not sound like punk at all - it is 100% metal. I will upload the record to YouTube and link it here.

fokkertism
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:57 pm 

https://youtu.be/-fcvZ9X45F4 (the band's new album, Hail Metal - Destroy Faggotry)

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:27 am 

Why is Sacrilegious Crown on black-list? Due to genre (https://defiledlight.bandcamp.com/album ... ous-ritual) or due to digital only (https://www.discogs.com/Sacrilegious-Cr ... se/8542176)?

Zaephar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:27 am 

Well, let's try again with The Raunchous Brothers. Now they got an album, you can hear the whole album on youtube, and they are nearer to thrash metal than punk. Take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L0Q6-IBTQ8

Juan97
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:02 pm 

Have you guys listened to the new Oathbreaker's album 'Rheia'? I think that band should be added to the archives because this new record sounds like black metal. How can we try to convince admins to listen to that record?

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:13 pm 

Juan97 wrote:
Have you guys listened to the new Oathbreaker's album 'Rheia'? I think that band should be added to the archives because this new record sounds like black metal. How can we try to convince admins to listen to that record?

Just providing this to help speed things up, https://oathbreakerband.bandcamp.com

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:17 pm 

It's already being discussed in the mod forum. Patience is a virtue.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:48 pm 

odium wrote:
Why is Sacrilegious Crown on black-list?

Blacklisted in June this year for being more Noise-based than actual Raw Black Metal (so yeah, we mean that album).
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Juan97
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:51 pm 

BastardHead wrote:

Ahhh ok man thanks, I didn't know. Hope this band gets added. They deserve it.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:52 pm 

Juan97 wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

Ahhh ok man thanks, I didn't know. Hope this band gets added. They deserve it.

Yeah there's no way for regular users to know, so no worries. My memory could be way off but I'm pretty sure their last album was briefly discussed and I know at least one or two mods are fans of the band so they were bound to be brought up again when this album came out.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Pinkgreen666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:56 am 

Hey just wondering why King Woman was blacklisted. Their full length "Doubt" is definitely well within the Doom Metal realm with some shoegazing elements in it. Some of their other releases are more akin to the frontwoman's solo project Miserable (which is definitely not metal), but I don't think that deserves blacklisting. It says in the rules that bands who's sound have changed would be included. I don't know, if my friend screaming into a mic in his basement isn't blacklisted then I'd think a doom band that toured with Pentagram wouldn't be either. BUT if it really isn't metal enough to you then I guess that's ok dude.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:52 am 

King Woman was listed as Post-rock back in early 2015. Why don't you post a link to Doubt and maybe some mods can take a listen?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:40 am 

I've listened to the majority of the album, one metallish song, the rest is Post-rock made out to seem metal. It isn't really a full length also, it's only like 18 minutes long. I'd say wait for the new album, it should be out soon.

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
Why is My Cold Depression (Russia) blacklisted?

The blacklist doesn't go into full details, but I'm guessing because it was "DSBM" more on the ambient/atmospheric side or the crappy strumming ds"bm". The blacklist was made in 2014 though, so if there are any new albums, you know where to post them.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:21 pm 

PDS wrote:
Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
Why is My Cold Depression (Russia) blacklisted?

The blacklist doesn't go into full details, but I'm guessing because it was "DSBM" more on the ambient/atmospheric side or the crappy strumming ds"bm". The blacklist was made in 2014 though, so if there are any new albums, you know where to post them.

They do have a new album, but only three of the six songs on it can be listened to on bandcamp, and one of the three is a Hypothermia cover. Anyway, here is the link to their new album http://mycolddepression.bandcamp.com/al ... depression

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:37 pm 

Sorry to post here so soon again, just seems to have gotten lost in the mix - curious about Dark Sarah and Leah (McHenry) are blacklisted.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

Mikhail95
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:30 pm 

Why was I banned a couple of months ago? All I asked was why was this band not accepted? Isn't that the purpose of this thread? The thread is literally called "Why was band X rejected/deleted/blacklisted?"

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:04 am 

Hi,

Is this the band blacklisted from US with the name Sentinel?

https://www.amazon.com/Sentinel/dp/B01L ... 1249096011

https://www.reverbnation.com/sentinelmetal

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:54 pm 

Is it true that Xavlegbmaofffassssitimiwoamndutroabcwapwaeiippohfffx (South Africa) got blacklisted for being too -core oriented? (aside from the digital release being too short)

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:59 pm 

According to the blacklist note, yes.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:01 pm 

MasterOfSin wrote:
Hi,

Is this the band blacklisted from US with the name Sentinel?

https://www.amazon.com/Sentinel/dp/B01L ... 1249096011

And this one?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:08 pm 

Blacklist note is empty, but the Sentinel that is blacklisted is from the US.

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:15 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

Yes, and the one that i asked for too, is from San Diego, California.
This sound as Power/Progressive but i can't submitted because some band called Sentinel from USA is blacklisted.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:21 pm 

Weapons of Indignation (USA) has released a physical, black metal CD/single now.

Proof + sample: https://weaponsofindignation.bandcamp.com/album/g-rune

It's pretty weird, but it seems metal to me.
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:23 pm 

I think that's Sentinel from Oz: https://sentinelaus.bandcamp.com/
I vaguely remember it being in the queue, and no Sentinel from Oz is blacklisted.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:07 am 

Pale_Pilgrim wrote:
Sorry to post here so soon again, just seems to have gotten lost in the mix - curious about Dark Sarah and Leah (McHenry) are blacklisted.

Dark Sarah - Blacklisted in 2014 for being Gothic/Opera Rock with barely any guitars
Leah - Blacklisted.. When the only releases was the EP and the album with the green album cover, er... The debut.. EP was borderline.

Of_This_Night36 wrote:
Weapons of Indignation (USA) has released a physical, black metal CD/single now.

Proof + sample: https://weaponsofindignation.bandcamp.com/album/g-rune

It's pretty weird, but it seems metal to me.

The laughibly horrible guitar tone aside, the song diesn't sound rift-centric, sounds more like reveling in ambient/experimental bedroom shit than anything else.

Caligo_Frontman wrote:
Going to up this again, seeing that no answer was given.

Caligo_Frontman wrote:
Greetings!

Can the band Theoroth (Russia) be whitelisted again? Previously named Зимний Дракон (Winter Dragon), it was blacklisted for not having enough metal in it, although it is an Epic Atmospheric Black Metal band with ambient influences. Since the band has been blacklisted a few albums and a split have been digitaly released. I think the new stuff has enough metal in it to be approved on Metal Archives.

Theoroth bandcamp: https://theoroth.bandcamp.com/music

A big thanks for all your work!

I remember listening to one of his latest albums, and couldn't decide if it was more ambient than metal. I'll give it a listen to and rdit this post with the desicion.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:12 am 

Why was Inbreeding from Indonesia blacklisted?
Sample: https://www.reverbnation.com/inbreeding
CD: https://mobile.facebook.com/photo.php?f ... 2&__tn__=E

SF01
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:33 am 

Hegemony Poland?

They ain't no post-Unforgiving Within Temptation.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:18 am 

Oathbreaker has been whitelisted.

mikey22 wrote:
Why was I banned a couple of months ago? All I asked was why was this band not accepted? Isn't that the purpose of this thread? The thread is literally called "Why was band X rejected/deleted/blacklisted?"

You kept on making stupid/easily searchable inquiries in this thread despite a moderator telling you to cease. Final straw was this.

MasterOfSin wrote:
Diamhea wrote:

Yes, and the one that i asked for too, is from San Diego, California.
This sound as Power/Progressive but i can't submitted because some band called Sentinel from USA is blacklisted.

Whitelisted. Generic name and no reason attached to the blacklisting anyway.

putrevomitory wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
The band's name is "De Sad" and they are already listed.

Ok, seems like i was off spelling-wise. On a similar note, I find it funny/odd that searching "triskaidekaphobia" on the archives redirects to Haemophagia though I find no relation between the two.

Yes, I blacklisted "De Sade" because people kept on submitting duplicates based on the label's misspelling. @Triskaidekaphobia: Seems the band was called this in the beginning and the name was added to the alt. spelling field. Not quite what the field is for, I've moved it to the year ranges.

xtwogplays wrote:
Hey. So I'm trying to put a local band from a nearby city of mine on the site, but every time I submit I always get reject. The main reason was that I couldn't find a digital photo of their EP. When I finally got a legitimate photo of their EP it says that it's too small and the image I have is the only one I can find. How can I get past this because I really want this band on here and I'm tried of it!

Is there any more context you could provide for the release? The band selling it online, people referring to it, online shops, reviews, etc.? The name of the band would help too. :P

fokkertism wrote:
Would you be able to whitelist the American band the Raunchous Brothers? I remember reading in this thread that they were blacklisted for being too punk. Their recently released album does not sound like punk at all - it is 100% metal. I will upload the record to YouTube and link it here.

Whitelisted.

cepit wrote:

Multiple submissions sans evidence. Whitelisted again.

SF01 wrote:
Hegemony Poland?

They ain't no post-Unforgiving Within Temptation.

"Slow Evanescence-worship", blacklisted in 2014.

~Guest 366798
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:31 pm 

Why is XAVLEGBMAOFFFASSSSITIMIWOAMNDUTROABCWAPWAEIIPPOHFFFX (Acidic Vaginal Liquid Explosion Generated By Mass Amounts Of Filthy Fecal Fisting And Sadistic Septic Syphilic Sodomy Inside The Infected Maggot Infested Womb Of A Molested Nun Dying Under The Roof Of A Burning Church While A Priest Watches And Ejaculates In Immense Perverse Pleasure Over His First Fresh Fetus) blacklisted?

Guys, I've spent 2 minutes writing their name, so please tell me when and why it's blacklisted!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:47 pm 

MetalMuxxer wrote:
Why is XAVLEGBMAOFFFASSSSITIMIWOAMNDUTROABCWAPWAEIIPPOHFFFX (Acidic Vaginal Liquid Explosion Generated By Mass Amounts Of Filthy Fecal Fisting And Sadistic Septic Syphilic Sodomy Inside The Infected Maggot Infested Womb Of A Molested Nun Dying Under The Roof Of A Burning Church While A Priest Watches And Ejaculates In Immense Perverse Pleasure Over His First Fresh Fetus) blacklisted?

Guys, I've spent 2 minutes writing their name, so please tell me when and why it's blacklisted!

viewtopic.php?p=2669364#p2669364

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:24 pm 

He's just trolling Clanny.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

white witch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:43 am 

Hi, I want to ask why Praying Mantis (NWOBHM, UK), Fastway(NWOBHM, UK),Magnum (Heavy, Hard UK), Bonfire(Heavy, Hard Ger) are blacklisted

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:07 am 

Praying Mantis: search.php?keywords=Praying+Mantis&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=3&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Fastway: No reason added, but I presume they're more rock than metal.
Magnum: "AOR/soft rock"
Bonfire: "AOR"

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:27 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Fastway: No reason added, but I presume they're more rock than metal.

yes, Az. you're right.
1984 (hard rock with glam vocals)
1986 (pop metal)
2011 (standard modern rock)

CHAIRTHROWER
Methed-burnt rogue babelfish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:52 pm 

Well, my band submission for Sleeping Widow has been rejected, and I can accept the fact the site doesn't cater to "stoner rock", but then how come some bands fall under "Stoner metal" (ie. Kyuss?). How do you tell the difference whether a band is stoner metal or rock?! My next submission will have to be a 100% metal band as I'm only 1 for 3 in the added bands dept!

Thanks,

CHAIR

Qayn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:34 pm 

Hi Everyone,

Writing regarding a project - TroneVakt.

I've been able to add most info on my draft - artworks, song name and length, logo, band photo. I came back to this band recently and updated the draft with the official facebook page.

However, I still fail to locate any proof of the music available for sale, I personally don't have a physical copy of the release, plus the guy from the project moved to another country so I've been unable to establish contact to attempt to get a photo of a copy or something.

At the time I recall he distributed most of his stuff by himself, could someone approach the draft and ascertain if it may be considered valid or offer some help ? The guy released 4 EPs spanning from 2005 to 2008, and I can't find anything online that would display a physical copy... at the time digital distribution wasn't as common either so no luck with bandcamp.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:39 am 

CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
Well, my band submission for Sleeping Widow has been rejected, and I can accept the fact the site doesn't cater to "stoner rock", but then how come some bands fall under "Stoner metal" (ie. Kyuss?). How do you tell the difference whether a band is stoner metal or rock?! My next submission will have to be a 100% metal band as I'm only 1 for 3 in the added bands dept!

Thanks,

CHAIR

The line between stoner metal and stoner rock can be one of the trickier things to determine. I recall Sleeping Widow had some doomier moments, but most of it was more rock than metal. I guess you could say the riffing approach was closer to, say, Fu Manchu than, say, Red Fang.

Qayn wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Writing regarding a project - TroneVakt.

I've been able to add most info on my draft - artworks, song name and length, logo, band photo. I came back to this band recently and updated the draft with the official facebook page.

However, I still fail to locate any proof of the music available for sale, I personally don't have a physical copy of the release, plus the guy from the project moved to another country so I've been unable to establish contact to attempt to get a photo of a copy or something.

At the time I recall he distributed most of his stuff by himself, could someone approach the draft and ascertain if it may be considered valid or offer some help ? The guy released 4 EPs spanning from 2005 to 2008, and I can't find anything online that would display a physical copy... at the time digital distribution wasn't as common either so no luck with bandcamp.

You could try posting about the band in this thread.

Crawres
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:54 am 

Why is Coma Cluster Void blacklisted?

https://comaclustervoid.bandcamp.com/

Mind Cemeteries is imho Math-core mixed with avant-garde death metal.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:02 am 

More on the mathcore side, though. That album was already assessed.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409 ... 541  Next