Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:23 pm 

Oh yeah, I forgot to respond to this one weeks ago. *shrug*

Yeah Melodic Death/Nu Metal. More emphasis on the Nu.

But hey, it is better than the past albums by far.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Ziotopanga
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:58 pm 

Hi, why was Sentio Ergo Sum rejected? Here it is the link to the bandcamp page : http://sentioergosum.bandcamp.com/

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:36 pm 

Ziotopanga wrote:
Hi, why was Sentio Ergo Sum rejected? Here it is the link to the bandcamp page : http://sentioergosum.bandcamp.com/

That's because you falied to provide any kind of proof whatsoever. Add that link on the submission notes and resubmit.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:20 pm 

The band I submitted Legion was recently blacklisted because you don't count it metal!!!!! Now I've been having a bad experience with this website because everytime I put a freaking good band that is metal enough you give me the golden middle finger and laugh at it!!!!! PLEASE LISTEN TO THE EVIDENCE I HAVE GIVEN YOU SO YOU CAN LISTEN TO IT YOURSELF, WHICH I BET YOU DIDN'T BECAUSE YOU DON'T GIVE A CRAP!!!!!! If this is what you call a metal site, it's a freaking biased one!!!!!! What is deathcore guys, it's a genre of music based off of death metal and sounds nothing like hardcore punk at all, it sounds like death/black metal stuff to me if you catch my drift!!!!!!! You accept deathcore bands like Fallujah only because you guys are so freaking biased that it is what bands YOU like!!!!! Please reaccept Legion, they shouldn't have been blacklisted in the firstplace!!!!!! Me and the extreme metal community are angry at how biased and moronic this website is at accepting bands, YOU REJECTED THE OTHER BAND I SUBMITTED, DIABOLUS INCARNATE, AND THEIR SYMPHONIC BLACK METAL AND THE EVIDENCE I PROVED TO YOU WAS ACCEPTABLE ENOUGH, AND NO YOU REJECTED THREE TIMES IN A VERY QUICK AND NON-CARING MANNER!!!!!!! I will rekindle my liking for this website when you guys accept bands like Insense, Suicide Silence, and many others you pressed the big AHHHH button when you didn't want to accept it and were to lazy to move the cursor down or even look at the evidence that they even sound like metal!!!!

Sincerely yours,

Neuthrone

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:28 pm 

I'm not seeing Diabolus Incarnate in the blacklist, so you probably didn't provide the required information for inclusion. Legion is blacklisted for being "djenty deathcore."
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:11 pm 

Pretty sure I rejected both of them and I'm the only mod who even likes deathcore in any capacity, so let's not go on about how this is all about personal taste. If that were the case then the site would have like 300 bands in it. If it's more based in chugging, breakdown-heavy hardcore than death metal, it gets rejected, regardless of whether or not it's any good. You can take it or leave it, and you can always post samples here if you'd like an appeal, but I'm willing to bet my car that Legion isn't going to be going anywhere.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:22 pm 

Man, it sure is a good thing that guy ended his post with a formal valediction. Otherwise I might have started to get the idea he was being rude.

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:26 pm 

Why was Phantom Excaliver blacklisted?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:28 pm 

Borderline melodic hardcore/metalcore
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:26 pm 

I give up, Legion I think is deathcore that imitated, so I give up my argument they should stay blacklisted forever. I'll edit Diabolus Incarnate and give you more data/info on them. Sorry for earlier!!!!

Sincerely yours,

Neuthone

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:35 am 

If These Trees Could Talk is blacklisted but after listening to their latest record "Red Forest", this band is definitely more post metal than post rock and sounds close to stuff like Solstafir or Ulver in my opinion. I would like some mods to check this band out again. If they are considered "metal" enough by now, just let me know and it will be my pleasure to submit them to the queue. If you still think they are not "metal" enough, it's okay with me but please just let me know.

You can listen to their last record here: http://ifthesetreescouldtalk.bandcamp.com/

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:43 am 

Well, I'll listen to the album for sure but mentioning Solstafir or Ulver doesn't quite help your case since neither are metal anymore and we try not to compare bands like that.

Edit: While there's some metal elements, it's not enough for them to be added to MA in my opinion. It can be heavy but it doesn't strike me as metal.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:53 am 

I'll give it a listen too just for my own enjoyment, but unless the ratio of heavy parts to delaydelaydelay parts is drastically different from the first album, I don't anticipate them cutting the mustard.

Good band though.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

cweed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:50 am 

Hello, I was just curious as to if Namor should be added to the archives. I don't know if it's "metal enough" exactly, but it's Giant Squid (who is on here) before they changed their name to Giant Squid. They had a physical release (https://giantsquid.bandcamp.com/album/namor) before they changed their name to Giant Squid, and to me it sounds pretty much exactly like Giant Squid. I would have just submitted it myself, but apparently it's been blacklisted. I understand it not being "metal enough" for this website, but that seems kind of strange since Giant Squid is on here and Namor isn't, being as they pretty much sound the same and it's the same band anyway. Just wanted to see what the mods thought on this one. Thanks!

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:23 pm 

The blacklist note about Namor is that they were deemed more Post-Rock than Metal. It also mentions they're pre-Giant Squid. If there's only one album under that name, then I'm afraid they can't be reevaluated.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

ujiteruhojo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:52 pm 

悪魔大群 has been blacklisted, and the rejection was reason was no acceptable release, not that there is (攻撃 Single, 9 copies of professionally printed CDs sold at a live show) It's blacklisted now???

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:57 pm 

It was blacklisted because the submitter failed to provide proof of distribution.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:55 pm 

Also 9 copies of a single? Uh... that's such a low number. It may be best to wait for the band to distribute more copies or release and distribute more work before putting them up for judgment again.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:01 pm 

@Metantoine: Fair enough. It's quite a borderline case I guess. The band will probably release a new album this year. If this one gets progressively heavier, we may reconsider and include the band on the archives but for now it's probably the wisest thing to just wait and keep things as they are. I really dig this band by the way.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:18 pm 

I liked the album but I don't think it was as borderline as you think haha. I don't think they'll become more metal with their future releases either but yeah, they will be reconsidered.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:35 pm 

Bi-monthly reminder that the name of the site is The Metal Archives, not The Bands with Metal Elements Archives. I like If These Trees Could Talk quite a bit, but they'd need a pretty drastic shift in presentation/writing/style to ever be considered a metal band.

Profoundemonium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:28 am 

Anyone know why Nought (UK) is backlisted? Lack of real instruments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6-uspNX9bc

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:40 am 

Frozenith wrote:
Anyone know why Nought (UK) is backlisted? Lack of real instruments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6-uspNX9bc

That and maybe the fact it just sounds like a wind tunnel with rhythmic white noise notes.

Granted, the blacklist doesn't say a reason. But that link is a very good reason on why it is blacklisted
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Exigence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:21 pm 

Stormrider wrote:
He has heavy tunes on basically every album til 1989 After The War (i.e. "Murder In The Skies" from Victims Of The Future - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyEMnA70Kb0 or his collaboration with Phil Lynott "Out in the fields") and of course he's one of those guitars often mentioned by metal guitarist as an influence.

Unfortunately he did never hold the heavyness over the distance of a complete album. From that point of view i'd almost compare his work to bands like Thin Lizzy (whom he played in) or the Scorpions, which certainly are borderline metal but mor important hugely influential on metal musicians. Not sure if that's enough "metalness" to put him into Metal-Archives though.

Yet Thing Lizzy AND The Scoprions are on the Archives. AND fucking Motley Crue. Which is just a giant joke.

Gary Moore should absolutely be on here with a discography that ends at 1989.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:20 pm 

Exigence wrote:
Yet Thing Lizzy AND The Scoprions are on the Archives. AND fucking Motley Crue. Which is just a giant joke.

Gary Moore should absolutely be on here with a discography that ends at 1989.

Are you aware that all three bands have unambiguously, undeniably, undisputably Metal releases? Sadly, Gary Moore has a number of scattered songs all over his discography, as opposed to at least an unambiguously, undisputably, undeniably, start-to-finish Metal release.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:44 pm 

That's the thing to keep in mind. While it can be confusing at first glance to see "Thin Lizzy" or "The Scorpions" or even "Motley Crue" on MA, they were added because they have at least one released predominantly metal album. That's all we are looking for - our only requirement. The rest of their discographies (even if largely non-metal) mean nothing to us. So, if you see a band or project like Gary Moore that's not on MA it's entirely possible that it doesn't fulfill that one requirement.

It's probably better to view MA not so much as an encyclopedia of "metal bands" as an encyclopedia of "metal works." We're interested in cataloging the metal music bands produce, not so much the bands themselves. It's great when we catalog metal music made by universally metal bands, but that's not always the case (of course).

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:07 pm 

Regarding Gary Moore's album "Dirty Fingers":
Azmodes wrote:
Huh, yeah, this actually started out as heavy metal. I was about to sign off on this, but unfortunately the album doesn't stay consistent.

Here's a quick run-down of each song, my first impressions:
1. metal
(2. shred instrumental)
3. metal
(4. cover)
5. metallic hard rock
6. metal/rock
7. hard rock
8. metal
9. hard rock
10. ballad

As far as I know, this guy has quite the discography of blues/hard rock, so unless there's other albums to consider, I don't think this quite qualifies him.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:07 pm 

This is kind of late, but why were Pulcro rejected?

The band themselves refer to Demo 2011 as a CD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJEd0ZkFSiM

This person also mentions the CD, thanking the band for sharing "some tracks from your CD". http://sanguearterial.blogspot.com/2011/08/pulcro.html
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:11 pm 

Well, "CD" is a pretty loose term that is oftentimes thrown around in the absence of an actual physical product. That is kind of dubious on its own to prove it exists physically..

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:15 pm 

"CD" is used a lot as a general term for any sort of album or recording. Definitely not proof on its own.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:20 pm 

Admittedly I haven't seen anyone saying they own the disc yet, so that's fair. We'll see if the band reply to my YouTube comment.
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Exigence

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:19 am 

Derigin wrote:
That's the thing to keep in mind. While it can be confusing at first glance to see "Thin Lizzy" or "The Scorpions" or even "Motley Crue" on MA, they were added because they have at least one released predominantly metal album. That's all we are looking for - our only requirement.

Which is Thin Lizzy's "predominantly" metal album? I can do a track by track breakdown (like the one yall did for "Dirty Fingers") and flip the script on any of them. Thin Lizzy is my favorite band and if you're answer is "Thunder and Lightning" I will tell you that it is JUST AS HEAVY as "Victims of the Future", especially if we're talking what was conceived as 'metal music' in 1983.

By these standards, what is Deep Purple or Rainbow's metal album? Are they judged by the standards of whatever year they came out?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:30 am 

Exigence wrote:
like the one yall did for "Dirty Fingers"

That was just my personal analysis, like the quoted post says.

I'm not familiar enough with Thin Lizzy's disco to answer your question, but the thing to keep in mind with Deep Purple is that they owe part of their place here to their huge historical relevance regarding the development of heavy metal. Same for Rainbow.

Alienmonsterrobotbrutal3689
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:51 am 

So why isn't Infant Annihilator allowed? They are definitely metal

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:11 pm 

Apparently not. According to the blacklist, they are deathcore on the hardcore side of the spectrum.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:11 pm 

Alienmonsterrobotbrutal3689 wrote:
So why isn't Infant Annihilator allowed? They are definitely metal

Quoting the black list: "Unacceptable chug-laden deathcore."

Alienmonsterrobotbrutal3689
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:19 pm 

If Infant Annihilator isn't allowed, then what about bands like Rings of Saturn and Thy Art is Murder? Thy Art's genre says deathcore on it, how come they're allowed when IA isn't?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:22 pm 

Alienmonsterrobotbrutal3689 wrote:
If Infant Annihilator isn't allowed, then what about bands like Rings of Saturn and Thy Art is Murder? Thy Art's genre says deathcore on it, how come they're allowed when IA isn't?

Deathcore is a hybrid genre. That means that some bands are more hardcore, others more death metal. We only allow the latter on this site.

If you disagree with this assessment of their style, feel free to post links to music.

Exigence

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:49 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Exigence wrote:
like the one yall did for "Dirty Fingers"

the thing to keep in mind with Deep Purple is that they owe part of their place here to their huge historical relevance regarding the development of heavy metal. Same for Rainbow.

And the same for Thin Lizzy (on archives) & Gary Moore (not on archives).

And U.F.O. (not on the archives)

And Budgie (on archives)

And Uriah Heep (not on archives)

And Lucifer's Friend (on archives)

You can see where I'm going with this.

Actually, what's most confusing is that MA has Phil Lynott's solo career but not Moore's. I'd love for someone to point out how 'Solo in Soho' or 'The Philip Lynott Album' are more metal than 'Corridor's of Power'. Phil's solo albums, which I love, are borderline pop, electronic and reggae.

Last edited by Exigence on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:03 pm 

Well yeah, that's naturally debatable and by using the search function you'll see that this has been discussed many times in the past already. But as the rules say, these "semi-exceptions" are inherently arbitrary and owner-selected. I'm just saying that it's not simply/necessarily about specific releases being metal. Not to mention that comparing bands is a shaky basis for an argument, in this case particularly so.

Exigence wrote:
Actually, what's most confusing is that MA has Phil Lynott's solo career but not Moore's. I'd love for someone to point out how 'Solo in Soho' or 'The Philip Lynott Album' are more metal than 'Corridor's of Power'. Phil's solo albums, which I love, are borderline pop, electronic and reggae.

That's a side-project.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 541  Next