Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:47 am 

If they play live or not does no matter at all.
The release is important. You have always to convince us. When you write, that you were able order a demo, it is not always enough.

As for the scan, it depends. It should be distinct enough, CD-r with pen writing over it or a blank sheet of paper with band name written on it is usually not enough. If a band does not have such indentifiable release, that you would have top wait for a more professional release from them in the future.

We here do not claim exclusivity, do not aspire to have aband listed immediately when it has two songs on myspace, but want to have validated and correct info about bands and their releases - a legacy which they will leave for the metal scene.

MMisantropo
Magnificient Degluter of Yummy Ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:10 pm 

An easier way to prove it would be links to distros that carry the demo, or even a couple of webzine reviews. Even in these days of home studios and copied CD-Rs, any band that means business will try to get their music heard.

Orestbend
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:33 am 

I tried to submit a Serbian band called Orest a couple of days ago, but I cannot find it in the archive yet. How long does it usualy take for mods to add a band? I'm afraid it's gonna be rejected.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:05 am 

Orestbend wrote:
I tried to submit a Serbian band called Orest a couple of days ago, but I cannot find it in the archive yet. How long does it usualy take for mods to add a band? I'm afraid it's gonna be rejected.

It was rejected.

Read the rules, before you submit a band (especially rule 7), you do not seem to have a physical release.

wotansvrede
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:50 am 

We released a promo singe Pesttanz limited to 20 copies: 1 proud Nights Of The Solar order (rough mix) and Pesttanz (Absurd cover, rough mix). The band was rejected by encyclopedia for lack of releases. Does this count as a release? For more information check out link http://www.myspace.com/rapingmusicbuisness .

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:03 am 

wotansvrede wrote:
We released a promo singe Pesttanz limited to 20 copies: 1 proud Nights Of The Solar order (rough mix) and Pesttanz (Absurd cover, rough mix). The band was rejected by encyclopedia for lack of releases. Does this count as a release? For more information check out link http://www.myspace.com/rapingmusicbuisness .

You have to prove, that the release exists in physical form and was distributed.
Such myspace page is not enough.

See the diverse answers above on how to do it.

Last edited by Witcher on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
wotansvrede
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:10 am 

Witcher wrote:
wotansvrede wrote:

You have to prove, that the release exists in physical form and was distributed.

See the diverse answers above on how to dot it.

OK. Fair enough.

wotansvrede
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:56 am 

wotansvrede wrote:
Witcher wrote:
wotansvrede wrote:

OK. Fair enough.

Proving that it exists in physical form isn't difficult but how do I prove distribution? That question was not answered above. Also there is leftie student community which has a problem with my political views, and I do have a serious problem promoting my stuff because I usually get banned from chat rooms and forums.

Orestbend
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:05 pm 

Witcher wrote:
Read the rules, before you submit a band (especially rule 7), you do not seem to have a physical release.

Yeah, I missed that one somehow...

SupremeAbstract
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:49 pm 

wotansvrede wrote:
wotansvrede wrote:
Witcher wrote:
wotansvrede wrote:

OK. Fair enough.

Proving that it exists in physical form isn't difficult but how do I prove distribution?

Links to places where your album is for sale, review links, pics of merch booths.
www.rustyaxerecords.com

SupremeAbstract
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:50 pm 

You can also use our promotional forum here to promote your stuff.
www.rustyaxerecords.com

BADASS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:27 pm 

I add the band Towering Terror and it was rejected...

Its a Thrash metal band with one official Demo called Prelude to Hostility...

The myspace is : www.myspace.com/toweringterror

Please add the band.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:38 pm 

BADASS wrote:
I add the band Towering Terror and it was rejected...

Its a Thrash metal band with one official Demo called Prelude to Hostility...

The myspace is : www.myspace.com/toweringterror

Please add the band.

and their release would be where??????

Please read rule 7.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

BADASS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:31 pm 

I already reat it. Does i have to send you a copy of the demo ? Its the proof of our physical release... ?

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:33 pm 

BADASS wrote:
I already reat it. Does i have to send you a copy of the demo ? Its the proof of our physical release... ?

no, see here:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... 170#950170

give the mods some evidence that the release exists...

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:10 am 

NorseDave wrote:
Hi guys, what about this band: http://www.myspace.com/thanatologist

I'm in trouble with them, is their Grindcore enough Metal? I have their split with Entropic Degrade Behind Phylogeny (a Noisecore band) and the Thanatologist tracks are as the tracks on their Myspace. In my opinion they could be accepted, they play a Carcass-ish Death/Grind, but i want to be sure before submitting them.

Hi guys, I quote my old post about this band. You probably miss it. I listened again to their songs (not only the ones on Myspace, but the entire split) and they definitely sound like old Carcass, but before adding them i appreciate an opinion from one mod.

P.S. Where the hell is finished the old "Why Was X band rejected" thread?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:17 am 

NorseDave wrote:
NorseDave wrote:

I'm in trouble with them, is their Grindcore enough Metal? I have their split with Entropic Degrade Behind Phylogeny (a Noisecore band) and the Thanatologist tracks are as the tracks on their Myspace. In my opinion they could be accepted, they play a Carcass-ish Death/Grind, but i want to be sure before submitting them.

Hi guys, I quote my old post about this band. You probably miss it. I listened again to their songs (not only the ones on Myspace, but the entire split) and they definitely sound like old Carcass, but before adding them i appreciate an opinion from one mod.

It was ingnored on purpose, since you can ask here only about rejected bands, not to use it to bypass the queue.

For the record, the band is acceptable.

As for the old thread, it was lost, as you can see. Nobody knows why or what caused this.

NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:05 am 

Witcher wrote:
NorseDave wrote:
NorseDave wrote:

It was ingnored on purpose, since you can ask here only about rejected bands, not to use it to bypass the queue.

For the record, the band is acceptable.

As for the old thread, it was lost, as you can see. Nobody knows why or what caused this.

Ok, thanx for answering, I'll add the band. I didn't want to bypass the queue, i just thought that in this thread it could be also possible to argue about borderline bands before adding them.

Anyway, thanx!

hateXforest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:00 pm 

why was kehlvin not accepted. they are surely metal enough. they are relative to the ocean and burn down rome in their sound. its atmospheric sludge/metalcore. i dont see where you can pull out any hardcore elements besides in the metalcore. the band has multiple releases, and i have a copy of "the mountain daylight time" and they have other multiple releases including a split with rorcal (who has a similar sound to kehlvin) also kehlvins one member jona nido has been in the ocean and switchback.

maybe its just the music on the myspace gives a bad example? because the song albatross that's for download on their website shows a good example

Vintage
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:50 pm 

Hmm... I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but anyway, I'm gonna take a shot.

I didn't try to submit the band or anything, I just want to clear up something: shouldn't Genitorturers be added under the argument that they're a side-project of David Vincent? Or is he considered only a normal "member" of the band, even though it's his wife's band?

MMisantropo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:04 pm 

He left Morbid Angel to join Genitorturers, so it was his main band at the time, and it ain't his own project either.

MMisantropo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:13 pm 

hateXforest wrote:
why was kehlvin not accepted. they are surely metal enough. they are relative to the ocean and burn down rome in their sound. its atmospheric sludge/metalcore. i dont see where you can pull out any hardcore elements besides in the metalcore. the band has multiple releases, and i have a copy of "the mountain daylight time" and they have other multiple releases including a split with rorcal (who has a similar sound to kehlvin) also kehlvins one member jona nido has been in the ocean and switchback.

maybe its just the music on the myspace gives a bad example? because the song albatross that's for download on their website shows a good example

That song isn't even remotely metal. It's actually less metal than Oasis or Creed.

Vintage
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:14 pm 

I was mostly in doubt about it being considered his project or not - as I believe Morbid Angel's become his main band, which consequently makes Genitorturers a second band/side project.

But thanks for the answer, anyway.

hateXforest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:25 am 

MMisantropo wrote:
hateXforest wrote:

That song isn't even remotely metal. It's actually less metal than Oasis or Creed.

listen the whole way through, a bunch of their other songs are sludge, but their commercial friendly/myspace stuff is alittle on their pussy side, and with sludge you gotta have patiences cus their damn songs are like 20 minutes long ha. but the album itself is alot heavier than the myspace material

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:33 am 

hateXforest wrote:
MMisantropo wrote:
hateXforest wrote:

listen the whole way through, a bunch of their other songs are sludge, but their commercial friendly/myspace stuff is alittle on their pussy side, and with sludge you gotta have patiences cus their damn songs are like 20 minutes long ha. but the album itself is alot heavier than the myspace material

Stop it, seriously. It is clear, that the band is not metal at all.
Those alledged "sludge" bands are often a disguise for noisy alternative rock, like in this case.

The bigger problem is, that half of your submissions consist of such alternative bands, commercial metalcore and modern mathcore. Think about it.

hateXforest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:52 am 

how about queen elephantine
http://www.myspace.com/queenelephantine
psychadellic stoner doom, and they have a couple of releases and their new album is out in limited cd-r order copies until they have a major label to publish it.
the only thing i can pull out of it not being metal is that there are some parts that are more rock than metal, but if you listen to the sea goat and battle of massacoit, they are doomy and heavy, and sea goat has the classic sludge/doom yelling in it

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:54 am 

It is psychedelic rock, not metal. And even when one song had some metal influences, it would not be enough.

Classic yelling - you want to judge bands according to the vocals :roll:

Yelling is not typical for dooom metal and never was.

Last edited by Witcher on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
hateXforest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:57 am 

Witcher wrote:
It is psychedelic rock, not metal. And even when one song had some metal influences, it would not be enough.

but the thing is that 2 songs have metal influence, would that make a difference on your decision? they have a release out with elder and another with sons of otis too, so they seem to be trying to keep some ties with the stoner doom/rock scene

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:01 am 

hateXforest wrote:
Witcher wrote:

but the thing is that 2 songs have metal influence, would that make a difference on your decision? they have a release out with elder and another with sons of otis too, so they seem to be trying to keep some ties with the stoner doom/rock scene

No, absolutely not, if there are such influences, then there are minimal and they do not have predominantly metal release.

With whom they do splits, does not matter at all. Read the rules and stop argumenting with such assumptions.

WonderPat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:19 am 

Harvester of Souls, a split-up 'black' metal project by Broc of Eternal Mystery and Rehumanize was recently deleted, after being on this site for 2 years.

Its certainly metal enough, having been on this site and unquestioned for 2 years. There has also always been proof of a physical release. And, I don't think the information in the Additional Notes qualifies Harvester of Souls as a joke band anymore than Horde; and I can't see Horde ever getting deleted from the vaults. In interviews, Horde has stated that it is not a joke band. And I think that's also pretty clear in the Additional Notes for Harvester of Souls.

So, I'm just curious as to why it was deleted.

SitraAhra
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:23 am 

Vampirella

Were deleted.If I would like to add fake band with no Disco so I can do it easily(Create MySpace fanpage with fake info or some fake websites also) .Its starange that bands in 80s do not released something on cassete format.Theres milion bands from Thrashmageddon were aded with the same info :D

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:24 am 

WonderPat wrote:
Harvester of Souls, a split-up 'black' metal project by Broc of Eternal Mystery and Rehumanize was recently deleted, after being on this site for 2 years.

Its certainly metal enough, having been on this site and unquestioned for 2 years. There has also always been proof of a physical release. And, I don't think the information in the Additional Notes qualifies Harvester of Souls as a joke band anymore than Horde; and I can't see Horde ever getting deleted from the vaults. In interviews, Horde has stated that it is not a joke band. And I think that's also pretty clear in the Additional Notes for Harvester of Souls.

So, I'm just curious as to why it was deleted.

There has not been a proof of physical release. The myspace has been deleted two months after it went online and I do not see any distro carrying it. The cover was computer generated, which proves nothing.

How long a band is on the site, does not matter at all, there have been bands from 2003 without releases deleted first recently.
Another argument, which I hope I have seen here for the last time.

Last edited by Witcher on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 am 

SitraAhra wrote:
Vampirella

Were deleted.If I would like to add fake band with no Disco so I can do it easily(Create MySpace fanpage with fake info or some fake websites also) .Its starange that bands in 80s do not released something on cassete format.Theres milion bands from Thrashmageddon were aded with the same info :D

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540258947
Vampirella is here. Pay more attention.

WonderPat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:29 am 

Witcher wrote:

There has not been a proof of physical release. The myspace has been deleted two months after it went online and I do not see any distro carrying it. The cover was computer generated, which proves nothing.

How long a band is on the site, does not matter at all, there have been bands from 2003 without releases deleted first recently.
Another argument, which I hope I have seen here for the last time.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll talk to Broc about taking some pictures of the album, so that it can be resubmitted.

Btw, is the whole page scrapped and deleted now, or does anyone have the Additional Information from that page? I added the Additional Information, and MA is/was the only place that had that quote. Broc wanted it on the page.

In case I can submit the band again, is there any way to get that Additional Information back. Can someone send it to me, in my e-mail account? Or is it gone forever?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:33 am 

WonderPat wrote:
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll talk to Broc about taking some pictures of the album, so that it can be resubmitted.

Btw, is the whole page scrapped and deleted now, or does anyone have the Additional Information from that page? I added the Additional Information, and MA is/was the only place that had that quote. Broc wanted it on the page.

In case I can submit the band again, is there any way to get that Additional Information back. Can someone send it to me, in my e-mail account? Or is it gone forever?

Picture would not be enough, in this case, I would like to see an info about distribution.

Unless it looks as professional as this:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2346 ... of15uv.jpg
That quote will not be there, in any case. The information in additional notes should be neutral, not full of his personal views, which have nothing to do with music itself.

Do not post such things on band's pages again, please:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=40189

WonderPat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:14 am 

Witcher wrote:
WonderPat wrote:

Picture would not be enough, in this case, I would like to see an info about distribution.

Unless it looks as professional as this:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2346 ... of15uv.jpg
That quote will not be there, in any case. The information in additional notes should be neutral, not full of his personal views, which have nothing to do with music itself.

Do not post such things on band's pages again, please:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=40189

Okay, no problem. I won't add information like that again. If he wants that information to be out there, I'll tell him to put it on his website. There'll be a link to that on the bottom.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jalapeno_on_a_Stick
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:40 am 

...Skindred. They are as metal as plenty of other bands on here, even if they have reggae influences, they are still metal. So, why was Skindred rejected?

XD

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:35 pm 

Jalapeno_on_a_Stick wrote:
...Skindred. They are as metal as plenty of other bands on here, even if they have reggae influences, they are still metal. So, why was Skindred rejected?

They are blatant alternative based nu-metal, which absolutely does not belong, reggae influences or not.

Even less metal than Rage Against The Machine.

http://www.myspace.com/skindred

Jalapeno_on_a_Stick
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:10 pm 

I can see the alternative basis for their music, but as I said before, they are a lot heavier than many bands allowed on here. So a band is automatically rejected if the singing has any rap-ish qualities at all? Listen to Nobody and Roots Rock Riot, that's some pretty heavy stuff right there.

XD

Last edited by Jalapeno_on_a_Stick on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:13 pm 

Jalapeno_on_a_Stick wrote:
I can see the alternative basis for their music, but as I said before, they are a lot heavier than many bands allowed on here. So a band is automatically rejected if the singing has any rap-ish qualities at all? Listen to Nobody and Roots Rock Riot, that's some pretty heavy sh*t right there.

If it is as rap/alternative based as this, it gets rejected. This band does not belong tö any valid metal genres.
Hevier does not mean more metal. Korn are also more downtuned than Saxon, but Saxon are real metal, whole Korn is modern jumpdafuckup style.

Case closed, you should listen to more old school bands to get a comparison.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 208  Next