Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
nulceardeath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:04 pm 

so yeah the band Nuclear Devastation has ben rejected becouse they we're ''crust punk'' the moderator says

first of all, like i mentioned...we make thrash metal INFLUENCED by crust...if you would have listened to our demo you would have noticed it...seems like the mods dont take time for that...too bad

second of all...you say you reject crust punk bands but still you got deviated instinct,axegrinder,discarge,inepsy and so on this site...which are more punk than metal... i dont see the logic on that.

third of all...if we weren't metal enough...than why else would a blog of new wave thrash metal revieuw nuclear devastation? and describe us as ''punk-fueled thrash metal''

http://nwotm.blogspot.nl/2012/06/weeken ... clear.html

anyways i think its a mistake one of the mods did...and still if it wasnt... please explain how one of the first crust punk bands (deviated instinct) is on this site?

and please this time listen to the demo before rejecting a band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFqMpGP9KF4

sorry for bothering by the way
regards,
GG

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:11 pm 

I'll listen to the demo, but I dislike your attitude. All the mods who are dealing with the band queue are listening to the bands and to say otherwise is insulting. I'll edit my post soon.

Edit: I don't think the thrash influence is greater than the crust/hardcore punk one.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:20 pm 

Speaking of Discharge only, they have three completely metal releases. Grave New World is heavy metal (with some glam sound on it), Shooting up the World and Massacre Divine are thrash metal, and Disensitise is crossover thrash. Plus, even in their full punk releases, they have a very, very metallic-leaned sound.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:37 am 

Hmmm...I would consider Nuclear Devastation acceptable. Plenty of thrash riffs.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:42 am 

For me personally, this is crust with some metallic tinges, not the other way round. I don't hear an abundance of thrash riffs but punk riffing all around. Not to deny the metal elements here, but I don't think they are predominant. (listened to 4-5 songs on Youtube)

And to suggest that we don't listen to a band before rejecting it is obviously nonsense, sorry.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

SUFREMADRE
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:33 am 

Hey guys, I am pretty exhausted and hardly have the time to write, however, I wanted to ask once more politely if Lidande (USA) may be taken off the blacklist.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lidande/246936135324834

Above link you can find pretty much everything you need to know concerning releases, labels, and information.

I can provide any lyrical content, photos, logo, and other details about the releases later if this is approved.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your patience with me and that goes for the whole staff.

Manny

burning_pyre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:52 am 

Hey, i just tried to submit the band "Stoma" from the Netherlands but apparently it has been black listed, im confused as to why the MA would black list a band from the archives, could someone shine some light on this please and explain? thanks :)

Custom Original artwork/ Logo/ layout designs for bands/ labels etc. Message me on here of my page if interested...

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:56 am 

burning_pyre wrote:
Hey, i just tried to submit the band "Stoma" from the Netherlands but apparently it has been black listed, im confused as to why the MA would black list a band from the archives, could someone shine some light on this please and explain? thanks :)

Primarily bass/noise-driven goregrind. Sorry.

burning_pyre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:01 am 

Alhadis wrote:
burning_pyre wrote:

Primarily bass/noise-driven goregrind. Sorry.

oh OK, no worries, cheers for the prompt reply dudes. \m/ \m/

Custom Original artwork/ Logo/ layout designs for bands/ labels etc. Message me on here of my page if interested...

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:04 pm 

Hey, so I tried submitting 5150 from Japan, they play symphonic black/power metal, and were rejected with this message:

"This band was previously rejected for the following reason:
Unless you can prove that the band wrote their own material (instead of covering video game music), "touhou" bands have no place here. And in response to your comments in the report, the touhou bands currently on the 'archives are marked for review too, and may very well be deleted in future."

My confusion with this is that I've never seen a touhou group which are a "video game cover band", but rather these bands are hired to contribute their own original music to the game, plus almost all of the metal touhou bands have physical releases, and then he also called for the reporting and removal of all the other touhou bands already accepted to the archives, again, despite them writing their own original material. With these touhou metal bands though, any one which doesn't specifically show their members are likely the group "Demetori" who go under dozens of aliases. But this 5150 that I attempted to submit are their own band and also aren't a cover band. Any recommendations for what I could do?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 pm 

... :ugh: I'm guessing MyonMyon, Dark Phoenix and all those other bands shouldn't have been deleted then?

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:05 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
... :ugh: I'm guessing MyonMyon, Dark Phoenix and all those other bands shouldn't have been deleted then?

That was exactly what I was trying to point out, most of these bands had original material, but had that original material featured in the touhou games, so yes MyonMyon, Dark Phoenix, Crow'sClaw, Denkishiki Karen, Thousand Leaves, Vaguedge Dies For Dies Irae, Vermillion D Alice Syndrome, and of course 5150 whom I submitted and were denied for being an apparent cover band, they're legit touring, recording, and physical releasing groups who write their own material. I dunno, it just seems a bit odd. :3
Japanese Metal Forum

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:59 am 

lol, are those the bands that the other guy wanted deleted for months and we finally went ahead and deleted them? And just a few days after this other guy comes in and says otherwise? Are you fuckers for real?

Well if they're legit we can always restore them, but I remember Demetori being a total cover band and many of those weren't even really metal anyway... fuck this stupid scene. :nono:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

thenakedshow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:26 pm 

Hello!

For the band The Naked Show: here's proof of physical release.
Let me know if it's ok to re-submit.

Thanks
Best Regards.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:58 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
lol, are those the bands that the other guy wanted deleted for months and we finally went ahead and deleted them? And just a few days after this other guy comes in and says otherwise? Are you fuckers for real?

Well if they're legit we can always restore them, but I remember Demetori being a total cover band and many of those weren't even really metal anyway... fuck this stupid scene. :nono:

I was under the impression that these bands collaborated with some dude named ZUN who was ultimately responsible for the music in the Touhou games. As to what degree they wrote their own music, I cannot say, but I do know that ZUN acted as creative director in the very least.

Compare to Nader Sadek, in which the "real" members probably wrote their parts, but Nader himself definitely had a controlling hand over the direction of things. Whether ZUN simply says "make something in this direction, we need music that does this" or if he actually writes the music for the bands... I can't say. I know a few people who play the games, so I can check with them. Maybe they'll know.

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:43 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

Yeah, those are the ones. xD Almost all of them are legit bands and not cover bands which somehow he was led to believe, Demetori I can understand being rejected, as nobody knows who they are 95% of the time because of their like 30 aliases, but the others that were removed I think had no problems evident, as well as 龍5150 whom I had added and were also rejected, for the reason of being a touhou group. :P

I'll demonstrate a few of the different bands to show their evident musical differences from each other too, but other than the handful of like 20-25 metal bands the game has, the vast majority of touhou bands are generic pop groups, so ZUN I assume is just the guy who rounds these bands up and asks if they can use their music in-game, as well as the pop groups, ZUN is also Demetori's leader, whom I'd mentioned earlier, so he contributes a crapload of his own music to the game, some covers, some not, but virtually all of it is instrumental, and as you mentioned, quite a bit of it isn't really metal.

Anyways, here's the music samples if it still matters lol.
5150 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByzLs9D8f1U
Vermillion D Alice Syndrome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V_VAfOxQ_w
Crow'sClaw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPUeU4ZZw8w
Denkishiki Karen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqHVqSrCQkU
Thousand Leaves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9U-wkiULdY
Vaguedge Dies For Dies Irae http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ZqwtA8Yeg
Japanese Metal Forum

Mictlante
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:40 pm 

Here is the proof of physical release of Holocaust Storm band
the last release, split with Urugia and Strażnica

Is it ok to re-submit ?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:04 pm 

Mictlante wrote:
Here is the proof of physical release of Holocaust Storm band
the last release, split with Urugia and Strażnica

Is it ok to re-submit ?

Yes.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

WarGAleX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:53 pm 

Hello! I want to know why the band Hannibal from Greece is blacklisted. They have released a new album in 2012 and it's Heavy/Industrial Metal. You can listen to them here: http://www.myspace.com/hannibalband and here: http://www.reverbnation.com/hannibalband. And they have physical releases, you can buy it directly from the band website: http://www.hannibalnation.co.uk/
Let me know if it's OK to submit them now. Thanks!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:20 pm 

Judging by the songs on the Reverbnation, it's not acceptable. Sorry.

Slavic Blood
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:13 pm 

Why did you rejected Slavic Blood? Why the fuck I need send fucking photo of CD? when I have put link of youtube channel, I dont make money of my music

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:15 pm 

Because those are the rules. We don't accept bands that lack a public, metallic physical release. It's written pretty plainly in the rules.

lugdunum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:22 pm 

Here is some links for the band Heredes physical releases, live act, flyers from the first album...

Thanks,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/imgp0040t.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/imgp0039o.jpg

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:24 pm 

lugdunum wrote:
Here is some links for the band Heredes physical releases, live act, flyers from the first album...

Thanks,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/imgp0040t.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/imgp0039o.jpg

You can resubmit mate, just make sure to include those links in the submission notes, okaY? :-)

lugdunum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm 

Done Alhadis !

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm 

Approved! :D Pretty good stuff, too. :)

lugdunum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:33 pm 

Many thanks again...
But got a problem with the band Dolmens...
Possible to PM you about it ?

Thanks

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:41 pm 

Yes of course. :)

WarGAleX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:42 pm 

Melankoli

The project released his first album (9 Aug 2012), which will be released in physical format on the American label Khrysanthoney. (50 copies)
Here can read the interview.
May I submit them?

~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 pm 

Regarding touhou bands, I should emphasize that a doujin band is not necessarily a touhou covering band. A doujin band may create their own music or cover anime/games soundtracks, while a touhou band nearly exclusively re-arrange the music written by ZUN. So who is ZUN? He is the only guy in Team Shanghai Alice, and he himself created the whole Touhou project. He published more than 10 games, mostly shoot 'em up games, collectively called Touhou games. He published 7 album (featuring his original music used in the games or not), plus 5 best-of compilations (History of Yougakudan 1-5), and many OSTs for the games; these are collectively called the Touhou music. He also published mangas, novels. All these were by one man named ZUN! Since the medias created by him was enormously popular within Japan, many bands (they call themselves "groups") started to re-arrange his music into various genres - electronic, rock, blues, jazz, ensemble, classic, and of course, metal is among them. As far as I know, there are more 1000 such touhou groups in Japan, which almost exclusively re-arrange touhou music, but also re-arrange anime songs occasionally. Touhou bands are part of the much larger doujin scene. They do not create "melodies", they only mix music styles with existing music.

Every single track of those deleted touhou bands, I can find the original track created by ZUN - that's why I reported them.

Vermillion D Alice Syndrome is a doujin band, not a Touhou band. Their music may have the same style with touhou, but it is original, not a cover.
Iron Attack! is a touhou band; most of his albums are covers of touhou music. However, the s/t album released in 2007 is original, that's why it stays here.
MyonMyon never had their own original material. Evidence is here. Every single track is a re-arrangement of touhou music.

Last edited by ~Guest 290927 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:55 pm 

lugdunum wrote:
Many thanks again...
But got a problem with the band Dolmens...
Possible to PM you about it ?

Thanks

You could always PM in French if there's a problem too.

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 am 

Snow Listener wrote:
MyonMyon never had their own original material. Evidence is here. Every single track is a re-arrangement of touhou music.

Well that clears things up a bit, so how about 龍5150, and Dark Phoenix (Dark Phoenix were deleted from the archives)? I've never been able to tell doujin and touhou groups apart. :P
Japanese Metal Forum

~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:03 pm 

TadakatsuH0nda wrote:
so how about 龍5150, and Dark Phoenix (Dark Phoenix were deleted from the archives)? I've never been able to tell doujin and touhou groups apart. :P

Dark Phoenix should be deleted, see here for reference.

龍5150 should be accepted. This group does cover touhou music, but also create their own material. For example: the official site (choose Japanese (Shift_JIS) encoding to display) says the album 神竜物語 was All Composed : 龍5150 (the Staff section).

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:40 pm 

Snow Listener wrote:
TadakatsuH0nda wrote:
so how about 龍5150, and Dark Phoenix (Dark Phoenix were deleted from the archives)? I've never been able to tell doujin and touhou groups apart. :P

Dark Phoenix should be deleted, see here for reference.

龍5150 should be accepted. This group does cover touhou music, but also create their own material. For example: the official site (choose Japanese (Shift_JIS) encoding to display) says the album 神竜物語 was All Composed : 龍5150 (the Staff section).

So, would it be alright for me to resubmit 龍5150 given the insight this guy has provided on these bands?
Japanese Metal Forum

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 am 

Yep, go right ahead. :-) Still no guarantee they'll get into the site, as we need to check for metalness, physical release, and the usual business. :p

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:43 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Yep, go right ahead. :-) Still no guarantee they'll get into the site, as we need to check for metalness, physical release, and the usual business. :p

Alright thanks, I'll do that right away.
Japanese Metal Forum

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:07 am 

Accepted... though it wouldn't have hurt to include a direct link to some song samples. ;-) Kinda saves the mods the issue of digging through alphabets we don't understand. :ugh:

Lunaroth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 am 

Greetings, I try to add back to the band "Gucumatz". They have a new demo of only four songs, all of Pagan / Black Metal? I can suggest it again?
I have the physical sample and songs.

Thanks

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Accepted... though it wouldn't have hurt to include a direct link to some song samples. ;-) Kinda saves the mods the issue of digging through alphabets we don't understand. :ugh:

Oh, I'm sorry, there were several upon original submission, as well as physical releases, etc. Forgot to check it over again before resubmitting, I guess they got reset when the band was first denied. :P
Japanese Metal Forum

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:05 am 

Lunaroth wrote:
Greetings, I try to add back to the band "Gucumatz". They have a new demo of only four songs, all of Pagan / Black Metal? I can suggest it again?
I have the physical sample and songs.

Yeah, only if you take a photograph of it AND give us every full song to listen to (PM me if you must).

If I recall, the band was blacklisted for having more ambient songs than metal songs, so we need to know that this release is unambiguously metal.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 541  Next