Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 pm 

death734 wrote:
Rather curious why the band "Cut Up" (Sweden) has been blacklisted as they are certainly not metalcore/deathcore stuff.
their debut LP Forensic Nightmares has been a decently anticipated swe death metal release from the ruins of ex Vomitory members and a couple other bands.
so far many reviewers such as no clean singing are hailing it as a very fine death metal release of the year. "They do everything Dismember ever did, but better, faster, and with more technical proficiency."
more review links and info about the band is on their facebook. https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

for proof of metal, as of just recently the whole album is now available for streaming on http://www.metalblade.com/cutup/

We blacklist bands like these because we get an endless stream of idiots who don't read our rules and try to submit the band when the album isn't even out it. They will be white-listed when the album is out on the 30th.

Edit: seems like it is out on the 26th on Denmark. Whitelisted, anyways.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

1eyehategod1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:49 am 

Diamhea wrote:
cweed wrote:
I'd like to bring this up again because it seems like the moderators' overall opinion is ambiguous. I'd strongly urge you guys to listen to the album "Desperate Dreams". Yeah, the keyboard is very "not black metal", but it's got blastbeats, screams, double bass, distorted guitars...it reminds me a lot of a cheesier version of Ghost Bath or Deafheaven.

Just seeing if you all would reconsider. Someone said that this isn't black metal, but shoegaze. I find this to be much closer to the experimental/post-black metal aforementioned bands, as well as bands like Heretoir or Lantlos, rather than shoegaze bands like Slowdive, Lush, My Bloody Valentine, etc.

https://violetcoldofficial.bandcamp.com ... ate-dreams

Nothing ambiguous at all about the earlier decisions. We would appreciate it if you didn't keep pressing the matter hoping for a sudden change of opinion. I consider my ignorance toward this genre/style/"revolution" a blessing, so this is coming from someone with a fresh set of ears toward the matter, and this is not metal at all to me.

Hope this helps.

This songs are not metal too?
https://violetcoldofficial.bandcamp.com ... oid-single
https://violetcoldofficial.bandcamp.com ... ear-single
https://violetcoldofficial.bandcamp.com ... ean-single

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:06 am 

Wouldn't matter if they are. Those are just digital singles, wouldn't count toward inclusion on their own.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:23 am 

Chavaluria wrote:
Chavaluria wrote:
Last week I posted here but I think a wild bug came and the thing wasn't available, so, I uploaded this band named El Escuadrón de la Muerte and it was rejected for lack of proofs, here are some pics of their demo.

http://imgur.com/a/xbBPv#0

Hope this help. Regards.

Awaiting for an answer, cheers.

Seems fine. Go ahead and resubmit. Just to make sure could you also put a picture of the CD next to the case in the submission notes?
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Chavaluria
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:27 am 

Will do, thanks.

carmenguitar
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:08 am 

Hi! I tried to add Scarlet Stories to Metal Archives, but I got a note it was blacklisted. I guess someone else tried to add the band when they didn't have their album out. But now they have. If there is anything else that doesn't fit the rules I would like to know.
It is a band that started acoustic, but now is a full line-up atmospheric progressive metal band.

Thanks!

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:39 am 

Scarlet Stories was rejected just a few weeks ago for being predominantly progressive rock. There are bits of metal here and there but not enough for the band to be accepted at this time. I wasn't the one who rejected the band but I agree with the decision. Just listened to the new release.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:24 am 

Why Submit to Suffering (US) is blacklisted?

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:31 am 

https://www.facebook.com/Samhainblackmetal

Is this Samhain from Us blacklisted? why?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:41 am 

MDL666 wrote:
Why Submit to Suffering (US) is blacklisted?

More hardcore than metal.

MasterOfSin wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/Samhainblackmetal

Is this Samhain from Us blacklisted? why?

No, it's the Danzig band. Temporarily whitelisted.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

the_ancient_one
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:26 pm 

Hey Metantoine,

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured I'd get a response like this, and I appreciate the explanation. To be honest, I grew up with Tool in the '90s, so it may be a personal bias of mine in highlighting their metal elements over their more prog rock/alternative features.

Now, I fully recognize the distinctions, but with Rush being featured on this site, I was surprised not to see a band like Tool. Regardless, it's a great site with a lot of awesome bands.

TAO

Dexter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:09 am 

Why is Sullen (Portugal) blacklisted? Album has been released 4 months ago. Genre is prog death/prog rock a la Opeth

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:13 am 

Dexter wrote:
Why is Sullen (Portugal) blacklisted? Album has been released 4 months ago. Genre is prog death/prog rock a la Opeth

Blacklisted by Azmodes in March this year for being "predominantly modern prog rock/djent".

xfinalconflictx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:58 pm 

I was curious as to why the band Strong Intention was blacklisted ? I couldn't find anything via the search . Multiple releases out on
Crucial blast
Six weeks
Coalition
Power it up
Give praise
PATAC
Relapse ( this comp kills ...#2)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:01 pm 

Powerviolence/thrashcore.

~Guest 321697
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:59 pm 

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Quote:
TL;DR: This is Dream Theater with growls.

Having listened to the full album now, this is exactly the case. You may as well remove Dream Theater from MA if you want to push your head so far into the sand to say BTBAM's latest release isn't metal.

*Steven Wilson with hardcore vocals.
Is this some kind of meme now, arguing that BTBAM is metal? You can do that on /mu/, this isn't the place for it.

Last edited by Zodijackyl on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User was warned for this post. Don't argue/clutter up threads that pertain to running the site.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:27 am 

Hi.
Why was Eden (Russia) blacklisted?
They play Symphonic Gothic Metal, have a signed contract with label Sound Age Productions and provide all the links suitable for your rules.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/EDEN-Dee ... 0810384200
https://music.yandex.ru/album/2529131
https://itunes.apple.com/album/memories/id954784961
What's wrong with them?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:21 am 

They were blacklisted for being Goth Rock, cursory listen agrees with the blacklist.

Haltbakk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:13 am 

HaatE is apparently blacklisted, but their latest release I think is predominantly black metal/ambient.

https://haate.bandcamp.com/album/breed- ... rn-majesty

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:05 am 

PDS wrote:
They were blacklisted for being Goth Rock, cursory listen agrees with the blacklist.

well, maybe some time ago they played gothic rock, now you can listen to their last album (I've provided links earlier) and (I hope) find Gothic metal in this music.

Last edited by Shadechaser on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 am 

Shadechaser wrote:
PDS wrote:

well, maybe so,e time ago they played gothic rock, you can listen for their last album (I've provided links earlier) to find Gothic metal

Sorry mate, listening to it now, more Gothic Rock than Goth Metal.

Haltbakk wrote:
HaatE is apparently blacklisted, but their latest release I think is predominantly black metal/ambient.

https://haate.bandcamp.com/album/breed- ... rn-majesty

Nope, Predominantly Ambient. Blacklist stays

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:37 am 

Nonsense. It is not less heavy than, say, Leaves' Eyes or Savn.
They present their music as Symphonic gothic metal, so does the label:
http://eng.soundage.org/releases.php?releases=271
But all of them dim and fade 'cause the man named PDS has an other opinion....
The sad news I've understood here is that trying to make moderators change their mind has the same effect as talking with a wall

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:48 am 

Shadechaser wrote:
Nonsense. It is not less heavy than, say, Leaves' Eyes or Savn.
They present their music as Symphonic gothic metal, so does the label:
http://eng.soundage.org/releases.php?releases=271
The sad news I've understood here is that trying to make moderators change their mind has the same effect as talking with a wall

I can present my band as Death Metal, the label can call it death metal, but if sounds like deathcore - it's deathcore.

If the band wants to make their own metal encyclopedia, and call themselves Gothic metal go ahead. If you are going to bitch and moan, then just shove off. End of story.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:59 am 

That Eden album sounds very borderline, though my initial reaction would actually be to say they're acceptable. Quite soft/rockish, though. We'd need at least a third mod to comment.

Shadechaser wrote:

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding you here, but it's not this site's job to promote bands and save them from obscurity. This aspect is absolutely irrelevant here.

Shadechaser wrote:

Yeah, clearly no decision ever got overturned in this thread. Also, although it's tempting to assume, a difference of opinion does not mean that we're stubborn curmudgeons.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:08 am 

Goddamit Azmo, now my late night angriness was all for naught! At least I get to be called a stubborn curmudgeon, someone my age just appreciates it and makes me dream of the coming future in the late century.

For what it is worth, we might want to get the guy who originally blacklisted them (Zodi) to have a second look. I was underplaying his blacklist note.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:14 am 

I actually just dug up the moderator notes from the rejected draft (from February 2015, Memories was considered). Looks like Zodijackyl and TheStormIRide both agreed that it's more rock than metal. So I guess that's settled.

WindMillSaw
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:36 am 

So,Underoath was accepted just because of their debut,right?So did Pyogenesis,because they are in no way metal now.And Disturbed was even accepted (as Brawl) for their early material.My question is:why can't Slipknot be here because of Mate Feed Kill Repeat (or even All Hope Is Gone,which sounds metal enough,to me)?Or,even,be accepted as Meld (their old name,they recorded early funk-ish demo with that name)?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:02 am 

Blacklist cites nu metal overall. As far as MFKR is concerned, it is... interesting but more of a hodgepodge of ideas and not predominantly metal.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:03 am 

Well, did you check the Underoath entry, WindMillSaw? It says that they're included based on their first two albums right there. I'm not familiar with Pyogenesis, but safe to say it's their earlier period as well, as can be seen in the genre field.

@Brawl: I'm actually looking into that one right now, not sure about that "demo". But if the release is valid and the music is metal, that's fine. It does however not apply to anything under the Disturbed name (see last paragraph).

@Slipknot: I'm sure you'll find tons of posts and explanations for them in this thread if you use the search function. In a nutshell, I'm not up to date with their discography, but my understanding is that it's predominantly rock. (Diamhea, I think nu-metal not longer applies for them, but not sure)

@Meld: Well, this demo you speak of, can you provide evidence that it's metal and that it was publicly released?

I get the feeling that you don't quite understand how band pages work on this site. In order for a band to be included, it only requires one metal release (preferably a full-length, or lengthy EP/demo), everything else does not concern us and we document a band's later (or earlier) non-metal career just the same. That also brings us to how we deal with name changes. Slipknot would not gain entry based on an earlier name's release, only that specific incarnation under that name would. Each new page is held to the same standards. Disturbed is not listed, only an earlier name (Brawl) is, because (I assume) their sound was more genuinely metallic back then. This may not always seem intuitive, but it's a reasonable, systematic approach to keep things clear and smooth and have a way of managing multiple incarnations of a band without descending into chaos and confusion.

Mcniggleston
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:29 am 

Recently had a band (Swallow The Dog) rejected due to no physical proof of CD, so here's that proof:

https://www.facebook.com/SwallowTheDog/photos/pb.459828014080435.-2207520000.1435505169./691097137620187/?type=3&theater

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:34 am 

Go ahead and resubmit.

ratedgdr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:38 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
@Slipknot: I'm sure you'll find tons of posts and explanations for them in this thread if you use the search function. In a nutshell, I'm not up to date with their discography, but my understanding is that it's predominantly rock. (Diamhea, I think nu-metal not longer applies for them, but not sure).

Just adding my two cents, I think they're more some odd form of rock now, or at least their last (disappointing) album is. Not sure what All Hope Is Gone works out as since they throw so much into the album that it's hard to say what it'd be. My guess is it'd still not be enough to get them anywhere near off the blacklist.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:50 pm 

Your intentions are good and all, but please try to keep yourself from chiming in in this thread on matters you're not bringing up yourself. It's nothing personal, it's just easy to get confused when regular users are talking on the same level as mods.

And no Slipknot has been discussed to death and were never considered metal by this site's definition. All Hope is Gone had a track or two that were close but nowhere near enough to make it a definitively metal album.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:16 am 

Terminate from germany was rejected because is in pre-order. but there are info they release that album two years ago (18/10/2013), i suppose.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9190376217

http://mybandstore.de/product_info.php? ... no_boost=1

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:18 am 

Resubmit.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:48 am 

Why is Judgement Day (USA) blacklisted?
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:54 am 

Avantgarde/cello rock with occasional metal elements.

viewtopic.php?p=2130085#p2130085
viewtopic.php?p=2141810#p2141810
viewtopic.php?p=2157882#p2157882

Charlo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:22 pm 

Wondering why Domestic Terror (US) was blacklisted. The music is sort of hardcore-influenced, but it's mostly just slammy brutal death metal. They do have a physical release.

Here's their bandcamp: https://domesticterror.bandcamp.com/album/war-crimes

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:24 pm 

Charlo wrote:
Wondering why Domestic Terror (US) was blacklisted. The music is sort of hardcore-influenced, but it's mostly just slammy brutal death metal. They do have a physical release.

Here's their bandcamp: https://domesticterror.bandcamp.com/album/war-crimes

They have a noisegrind full-length and a hardcore/metal hybrid EP, so we decided to wait for another, clearly metal release at the very least.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:32 pm 

Oh, wow. We must be talking about two completely different bands, then. (Why is "Judgement Day" such a popular name anyway? It's not even spelled correctly!)

I'm talking about this band: http://skyburnsblackd.bandcamp.com/album/judgement-day

It apparently used to be available for sale on Metal Helm, First Paradox, and Nordic Mission: http://mauce.nl/site/judgement-day-demo/
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339 ... 541  Next