Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zone
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:39 am 

http://shadowkingdomrecords.com/board/index.php

Anyone use these guys they have an absolutely incredible selection of stuff, but they have a lot of out of stocks, has anyone dealt with them?
Good deals with:Blutkvlt, Anubis, Shub2 (x2), metalbrain, Brooks5 (x6), Breedingthespawn (x3), Krow1 (x2), Tomko1313,Pooptastik, Evil_Johnny_666, Third_of_the_storms, Metalhead84, TheOctavarius (x2), Conquerorgoblin (x3), Dr_Zed, PaganFrostfire, Godisdead666 (x2), Dpjm, +more

Tom_Anvil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:27 am 

Zone wrote:
http://shadowkingdomrecords.com/board/index.php

Anyone use these guys they have an absolutely incredible selection of stuff, but they have a lot of out of stocks, has anyone dealt with them?

They are 100% perfect!!!!!!!!!! Total professional & a great label!

BoltTheGates
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:02 am 

I've got a neutral yet negative experience with Roy Fox/Necroharmonic Productions to share. Neutral because I got my money back, but everything else was pretty negative.

I made two orders in mid-October, one sweatshirt each from the Necroharmonic webstore and the Necroharmonic bigcartel store (I saved a few bucks this way). Both orders were made on the same night, within a few minutes of each other.

Two weeks after I made the orders I left a comment on the wall of Necroharmonic's facebook page simply asking the status of my order. Immediately afterwards, I receive a message and friend request from Roy Fox, which I accepted. He told me the shirts were probably ready to ship, but needed my email to check on the orders. I gave the date of the orders and my email. No response.

I had to contact him a week later. He then told me in fact that the shirts weren't ready and that "we are a bit slow sometimes."

A few days later, I messaged him asking if he could ship the shirts out by next week so they could arrive at my house within the 45 day period in which one can file a dispute with Paypal. He flipped out; these are the two replies he sent me verbatim:

"Why would u make a claim if I'm communication with you? Whatever make your claim. Peace"

"Good luck ordering those elsewhere too. I finished some stuff but a claim sounds good
Do it up"

What the fuck? In my reply, I clearly stated that I didn't want to file a Paypal dispute, but I wanted the shirts I ORDERED and PAID for by a certain date and that if he thought he couldn't fulfill that, then to please refund my money. He was calmer in his reply, but he gave me his classic bullshit reply of "I need to lay off the metal gigs, they kill printing days." My reply was a simple, "Thanks. Keep me updated." No response.

Almost two weeks passed and it was a day before the date I gave him that I'd like to receive my orders by (around the 40th day since the original order date). I messaged him to simply refund me both amounts by weekend's end or I would file a dispute against him. No response, no refunds. I was left with no choice but to file a dispute with Paypal. Immediately afterwards, I finally received refunds for both orders.

In short, I will never order from Roy Fox/Necroharmonic again because he clearly does not know how to run an online distro efficiently and he puts himself before customers.

I ordered from Terratur Possessions (based in Norway) recently. I ordered two CDs and a patch. They were shipped a day after I paid. The shipping cost was a bit high (8 eur for standard, 10 eur for priority). I chose priority since standard wasn't that much cheaper, and I received my package five business days later. Excellent communication. Recommended.
8/10 :metal:

SUPPORT THESE LABELS/DISTROS (since they know what they're doing; based off of positive personal experience):
-Hell's Headbangers
-Abyss Records
-Dark Descent
-Nuclear War Now!
-20 Buck Spin
-Southern Lord
-Blue Collar Distro
-Relapse (although I've found that overall performance has been iffy this year, since they moved their warehouse location and changed their webstore completely)
-Interpunk.com
-Crustpunks.com
-Forcefield Records
-Tankcrimes
-To Live A Lie
-Terratur Possessions
-Antitheist Disseminations
-Season Of Mist
-Dread Records
-Last Rights Records
-CMDistro (shipping costs are high now, but they're still run professionally)
-Earache
-Hammerheart
-Warhead Metal Store (mostly patches; must register shipment!)
-ebay stores: Mad Rush Media, satanisado666 (mostly patches), mextremista (mostly patches)

edit: forgot to include two more good distros, added to my list

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:03 pm 

Damn BoltTheGates, I'm not feeling so warm and fuzzy about my recent order now. Image Guess I'm spoiled by Dark Descent and Pathos Productions quick order release time frame, but it's been a week since my order has been placed, my card has been charged and nothing has moved.

And to think I ordered it via Priority shipping. Why even have such an option if you can't get the order out the door in a timely fashion.

BoltTheGates
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:42 pm 

I've read some Roy Fox/Necroharmonic threads beforehand and it seemed like he started to turn around for the better, so I took a chance, but I think those that reported a positive experience were incredibly patient. I don't think he's a rip-off, although I'm sure there's still a few people screwed over by his fucked up pre-order of Interment's LP *, but I believe it's unacceptable how slow he is. It should not take over a month just to have your items shipped. If one was to start a label/distro, then they should focus a bunch of their time to running it. Using the excuse of "too many metal shows" is complete bullshit and disrespectful to your customers. That is why I will never order from him again, even though he sells so many awesome shirts. I would advise others to do the same.

I hope you paid through Paypal Delta_Wing, since going through them was the only way I got my money back. Beforehand, I asked for a refund for both orders nicely, and he still didn't cooperate.

Also, a couple more good labels/distros I forgot:
-Warlord Clothing
-Napalm Records
After having a bad experience, it makes you appreciate the other labels/distros that work hard for the customer. :-)

* It was a over a year until the LP was finally released and some people still haven't received their copy. He also revealed in the NWN! forum that he used people's pre-order money to finance the project :o :grr:

Morfiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:35 am 

BoltTheGates wrote:
I've got a neutral yet negative experience with Roy Fox/Necroharmonic Productions to share. Neutral because I got my money back, but everything else was pretty negative.

I made two orders in mid-October, one sweatshirt each from the Necroharmonic webstore and the Necroharmonic bigcartel store (I saved a few bucks this way). Both orders were made on the same night, within a few minutes of each other.

Two weeks after I made the orders I left a comment on the wall of Necroharmonic's facebook page simply asking the status of my order. Immediately afterwards, I receive a message and friend request from Roy Fox, which I accepted. He told me the shirts were probably ready to ship, but needed my email to check on the orders. I gave the date of the orders and my email. No response.

I had to contact him a week later. He then told me in fact that the shirts weren't ready and that "we are a bit slow sometimes."

A few days later, I messaged him asking if he could ship the shirts out by next week so they could arrive at my house within the 45 day period in which one can file a dispute with Paypal. He flipped out; these are the two replies he sent me verbatim:

"Why would u make a claim if I'm communication with you? Whatever make your claim. Peace"

"Good luck ordering those elsewhere too. I finished some stuff but a claim sounds good
Do it up"

What the fuck? In my reply, I clearly stated that I didn't want to file a Paypal dispute, but I wanted the shirts I ORDERED and PAID for by a certain date and that if he thought he couldn't fulfill that, then to please refund my money. He was calmer in his reply, but he gave me his classic bullshit reply of "I need to lay off the metal gigs, they kill printing days." My reply was a simple, "Thanks. Keep me updated." No response.

Almost two weeks passed and it was a day before the date I gave him that I'd like to receive my orders by (around the 40th day since the original order date). I messaged him to simply refund me both amounts by weekend's end or I would file a dispute against him. No response, no refunds. I was left with no choice but to file a dispute with Paypal. Immediately afterwards, I finally received refunds for both orders.

In short, I will never order from Roy Fox/Necroharmonic again because he clearly does not know how to run an online distro efficiently and he puts himself before customers.

I ordered from Terratur Possessions (based in Norway) recently. I ordered two CDs and a patch. They were shipped a day after I paid. The shipping cost was a bit high (8 eur for standard, 10 eur for priority). I chose priority since standard wasn't that much cheaper, and I received my package five business days later. Excellent communication. Recommended.
8/10 :metal:

SUPPORT THESE LABELS/DISTROS (since they know what they're doing; based off of positive personal experience):
-Hell's Headbangers
-Abyss Records
-Dark Descent
-Nuclear War Now!
-20 Buck Spin
-Southern Lord
-Blue Collar Distro
-Relapse (although I've found that overall performance has been iffy this year, since they moved their warehouse location and changed their webstore completely)
-Interpunk.com
-Crustpunks.com
-Forcefield Records
-Tankcrimes
-To Live A Lie
-Terratur Possessions
-Antitheist Disseminations
-Season Of Mist
-Dread Records
-Last Rights Records
-CMDistro (shipping costs are high now, but they're still run professionally)
-Earache
-Hammerheart
-Warhead Metal Store (mostly patches; must register shipment!)
-ebay stores: Mad Rush Media, satanisado666 (mostly patches), mextremista (mostly patches)

edit: forgot to include two more good distros, added to my list

Wow, that is not how you treat a customer, especially with how patient you were being. Btw, thanks a lot for mentioning my shop (Last Rights Records) in your list. I don't have an advertising budget so word of mouth is all I have to spread the word right now.

BoltTheGates
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:39 am 

Glad to help, Morfiend! I found your store because of your thread, and I'm glad I did. I bought the two Church Of Misery reissues. They sold out really fast from 20 Buck Spin and I was waiting for them to get some more, but they didn't. I was doubtful that some other domestic distros would get them, then I found your store. I was very pleased with my order, no problems.

Bought to make another order since you have the Electric Wizard debut reissue in stock. :thumbsup:

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:14 am 

A big hail to: Nuclear War Now!

Package arrived fast and very well packed!

Morfiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:42 am 

BoltTheGates wrote:
Glad to help, Morfiend! I found your store because of your thread, and I'm glad I did. I bought the two Church Of Misery reissues. They sold out really fast from 20 Buck Spin and I was waiting for them to get some more, but they didn't. I was doubtful that some other domestic distros would get them, then I found your store. I was very pleased with my order, no problems.

Bought to make another order since you have the Electric Wizard debut reissue in stock. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the repeat business, I really appreciate it! Your EW record has been packed up and ships tomorrow, you should've received a shipping confirmation with tracking at your email account (sometimes these end up in the spam folder). 20 Buck Spin is an excellent shop, I hope to eventually have as good of a reputation as them.

NuclearCreation91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:29 pm 

Is nuclearhell a good distro?

http://www.nuclearhell.com/

Vampallens
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:38 am 

NuclearCreation91 wrote:
Is nuclearhell a good distro?

http://www.nuclearhell.com/

yes, but if I remember correctly they sells russian pressings.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:27 pm 

BoltTheGates wrote:

I hope you paid through Paypal Delta_Wing, since going through them was the only way I got my money back. Beforehand, I asked for a refund for both orders nicely, and he still didn't cooperate.

Well Roy came through 2 weeks after placing my order I got a confirmation from the postal service that my order shipped from Necroharmonic. To think I paid extra for faster shipping. While not a total disaster it still left a bad enough taste in my mouth to probably not use him again.

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:24 pm 

+For Greyhaze Records. They never contacted me, which left me wondering a bit, but my order got here within a week. They carry a ton of Cogumelo Records stuff, too.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:54 am 

Does anyone know if Sabbath's Fire is still active?
Good transactions/trades/buys with: Pestbeule (2x), Leizla (2x), Velvet_Creation, Lauben, dcd666, Dolor666, Luror, schsid, kkrrizzzzz, sadlegend, DOM_fecifectum, hewhay, Phallelujah, MalignantThrone, Greyskys, obscure plasma.

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:57 am 

So has anyone here bought used CDs from amazon? They have some pretty good prices on some CDs but no pictures or anything. Some info on this would be really helpful.

HowDisgusting
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:16 pm 

DO NOT ORDER FROM METALDISC'S STOREFRONT
Their ordering site has a serious security flaw [note that they do not use https protocol on it].
I had my credit card info stolen by ordering from them and would've lost over $4000 as a result if someone hadn't spotted suspicious activity on it.

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:06 pm 

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for that.

HowDisgusting
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:25 pm 

As for Amazon marketplace, I've ordered through that at least 100 times and the only issue that I ever had was a Solitude Aeturnus digi that came with a cracked disc [presumably it was damaged in the mail] and I got a refund for that. I'd recommend it without hesitation.

Tom_Anvil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:52 pm 

Just be wary ordering vinyl from Amazon as they don't pack them very well! Twice i've ordered vinyl & it's arrived damaged.. I guess that's why you get free shipping with them..?!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:24 pm 

I've done a quick search but found no info, what's the deal with Iron Force? Are they reliable or has anyone had any contact with them? They seem to sell some cool used stuff, are they legit?

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:42 pm 

All I have to say is FUCK Necroharmonic. I will never order from them again. I ordered two cds from them back in October. I did not receive them, so I sent them a message on November 13th. The guy (I guess it was Roy Fox, he did not identify himself) replied. He acted surprised that my Paypal payment cleared and that he would "take a look". I replied on November 22nd by saying that my Paypal had cleared on October 13th and that I wanted to know if my cds had shipped. He never replied. I sent him another e-mail on December 12th, once again asking him where my cds were at and he did not reply to that either.

I tried placing a Paypal claim, but I was out of their time limit (45 days). My bank cannot help me either. They suggested that I contact the BBB, which I am not going to do for a $14 cd purchase.

This is not the first time I have had trouble with Necroharmonic either. Last March I ordered some cds and it took over a month for him to even ship them then. This is unacceptable and I will never order from them again or buy any of their releases.

Last edited by I Am the Law on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wotanskrieger14_88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:41 pm 

This is my small experiencie with distros:

Nebelklang: Great German Label, i've ordered twice and haven't any complain, great packaging, good prices, fast and cheap delivery
http://www.nebelklang.web-republic.de/__shop/

Abyss Records: As many of you had said, great and cheap label, 100% recommended
http://www.officialabyssrecords.com/index.php

Fog Music Shop: Nothing to Complain I've ordered twice, great and very cheap stuff because all prices have registered shipping, great packaging, the only bad thing is that they have a small catalogue but every 15 days/month they have new stuff, very serious because once i have an issue, i had ordered a Graveland Cd but instead they Send me a Lord Wind cd, they send me a email, saying that they made a mistake, the Lord wind Cd was a gift, and they'll send me the Graveland Cd too. Only Good things from This Label.
http://www.fog-music-shop.com/shop/inde ... en&op=list

Frente Europa / Black Metal Lusitania: BE WARNED THIS DISTRO IS RIPP OFF, i've send the money, awaited a month and the package doesn't arrived, i send a email and they said that they made a mistake and put wrong the shipping adress, they will send the package again and give me a Tracking number, i've awaited for 4 months and the package doesn't arrived, i send a email asking for a refund but without answer. I'm not the only one as you can see in this Faceshit Group: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Metal-Rip ... 8215659199
http://www.blackmetal-lusitania.com/
¡FUCK BLACK METAL LUSITANIA! :@

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 am 

Here's my experience with the three distros I ordered from. No need to worry about them, they're all good.

Northern Silence Productions (Germany): Highly recommended. Even though the shipping outside of Europe can be pretty steep, having paid 22.50 EU for a 2kg package, it arrived a week after it was posted, was packaged securely (in several layers of newspaper, but don't let that deter you) and came in one piece. Registered shipping is automatically added once the shopping cart exceeds 40 EU and I would recommend this as you can keep a track on your package from posting to arrival in your country. A great label with great black metal being sold.

Sepulchral Productions (Canada): Again, highly recommended. Postage is included in the price of the item(s) so this is recommended even for people outside of North America. My package arrived with no problems a week after it was shipped despite being on the other side of the world in good condition. The guy forgot 2 CDs I ordered but when I sent him an email he acknowledged the mistake and sent me the missing CDs. Can't blame him, he was organising a music festival when I ordered. Despite that small mistake, I would recommend ordering from here.

Prophecy Productions (Germany): Recommended. Shipping is paid worldwide and included in the price of the item(s) ordered which will make it accessible to anyone around the world. This package arrived later than the others but nonetheless it arrived, and in good condition.

Last edited by Atrocious_Mutilation on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormblast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:11 am 

Anyone have any problems with Earache?

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:37 am 

Stormblast wrote:
Anyone have any problems with Earache?

I have made loads of orders with them and never had any problems as of yet.

Stormblast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:19 pm 

Ah, because I ordered something from them 2 days before Xmas and still haven't recieved anything.

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm 

Stormblast wrote:
Ah, because I ordered something from them 2 days before Xmas and still haven't recieved anything.

The UK service can be pretty slow normally around 2 weeks turn around. Your best bet would be to contact customer services by email quoting order number along with items you ordered.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:07 pm 

Have anyone ordered at: Agonia Records ?
I am interested in bying the Forgotten Tomb vinyl re-releases there.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:05 am 

forestcorpse wrote:
Have anyone ordered at: Agonia Records ?
I am interested in bying the Forgotten Tomb vinyl re-releases there.

I actually asked that here a while ago and got no response. I tried ordering from them, but I emailed them prior to that to get some details on the releases (date, label and whatnot), as to what the guy responding to me couldn't even answer. I mean the guy tells me that he has all of them sealed and as such can't tell which editions he has for sale?!

It sounded a bit sketchy but then again it could have been a case of broken English as the guy's Polish.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:58 pm 

Alright, thanks for the info!
I will see if I find som other distro that have them for sale then... :P

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:33 am 

I've had a number of very positive dealings with Fall of Nature Records. Every order reliably came the week after my order was placed.

I also ordered a cassette from Red Stream and that arrived in my letterbox about 10 days after placing the order.

NuclearCreation91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:42 pm 

Can anyone recommend a good distro for heavy/trad metal?

Tom_Anvil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:48 pm 

NuclearCreation91 wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good distro for heavy/trad metal?

Yep... check these out:

http://shadowkingdomrecords.com/store.php
http://www.stormspell.com/
http://www.karthagorecords.de/catalogue ... v6&cat=200
http://www.sentinelsteel.com/NewArrivals.html
http://www.eatmetalrecords.com/
http://sonicagerecords.com/_shop/
http://www.forgottensteelmailorder.de/
http://www.rockadrome.com/superstore/

That's just a handful off the top of my head!

Plasmaterial
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:24 pm 

Anyone have problems with Plastic Head (UK)?

Placed an order in early November. Never received an email confirmation regarding dispatch/shipping. Emailed them twice in late December after not receiving my items -- no response. Third time I send a rather forthright email, got an instant response and apology blah blah, said they would look into it, and haven't received a reply since in almost two weeks.

Items ordered elsewhere, from the UK and further away in Europe, all placed in late November/early December, have since arrived long ago.

Tom_Anvil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:30 pm 

Keep on them man, they're a major company.. they should replace them if they don't turn up! Just keep reminding them!

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 am 

Plasmaterial wrote:

Placed an order in early November. Never received an email confirmation regarding dispatch/shipping. Emailed them twice in late December after not receiving my items -- no response. Third time I send a rather forthright email, got an instant response and apology blah blah, said they would look into it, and haven't received a reply since in almost two weeks.

Items ordered elsewhere, from the UK and further away in Europe, all placed in late November/early December, have since arrived long ago.

I have had many problems with Plastic Head (UK) same sort of problems as you never replying to emails never confirming orders along with never sending orders out which then drag on for months. Normally I get most my answers when ringing customers services which is not much help to you as your from Australia. Just keep up messaging them and don't give in it's not your fault they have not sent or kept you informed on what's going on with the order. Best of luck!

NuclearCreation91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:02 pm 

Tom_Anvil wrote:

Many thanks! Those sites were just off the top of your head? Anyways, I knew of Stormspell and they are fantastic! When in Janurary are they supposed to reopen?

Tom_Anvil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:10 pm 

NuclearCreation91 wrote:
Those sites were just off the top of your head?

Yeah man, deal with them all the time... ;)

Morfiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:56 pm 

Plasmaterial wrote:

That's disappointing. I order wholesale from them all the time and have never had a problem.

narcoticgoat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:06 pm 

Any experiences with Hellkult (metal) store??

http://hellkult.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-post_10.html

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 45  Next