Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:48 am 

During my nightly slumber, I'm always at a church attic or a graveyard, and meet familiar people. They're mostly some old women or celebrities. Last one I met was Frasier Crane.

The other recurring dream I have, is that I'm buying beer and something goes wrong. Either I'm so drunk that I fall before I get to the cashdesk, or my money/Visa Electron or beer goes missing.

Lately I've been having these sleep paralysis attacks. It's frightening. You can't move and when you try to scream, only growling comes out. I know there's a scientific explanation to this, but in Finnish folklore Painajainen (Nightmare) is a woman, that comes to you at night and pushes your chest. I think I've seen that woman.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 am 

Every dream is about my crippling inability to commit to things and stand up for myself or anybody else.

:/

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 am 

Scandalf: I've heard of that in a class some years ago and I imagine that really is nightmarish.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:10 pm 

Sleep paralysis is the opposite of sleep walking basically. Normally your body enters a paralysis state at the same time REM sleep begins, to keep you from acting out your dreams or sleepwalking. But instead, during sleep paralysis, only your body enters REM sleep and your mind remains aware in a sort of half dream half reality state. So during sleep paralysis, it's pretty normal to see your real surroundings with dream like fabrications. It's completely harmless (despite how fucking terrifying it can be), but it's a sign of anxiety, fatigue, or just that your sleep habits are not right, but you can read the Wikipedia article on it if you want to know more.

I used to get that shit almost every night, and every night I would wake up into paralysis, there was a dark entity or a demonic presence that was juuuuuust out of my sight, and it was targeting my little girl (toddler age), or it was trying to target me. Eventually, it happened so much that I am able to recognize when I am in sleep paralysis, and I TRY to have a little fun with it. Still, when I'm in paralysis, if there's a fan or a vent going, the fan sounds like a jet engine or the vents sound like they are trying to suck me in, but I can still recognize them as harmless.

It doesn't happen as much anymore, but it still happens every so often. The worst ones are when you can literally see, hear, or touch someone if they're sleeping next to you or even if they are awake and walking around. It feels like you're drowning, and the only person who can save you can't see the state of turmoil you're in. While I'm trying to scream, it's just not coming out. Anyway, it's harmless in itself, but sometimes signals something else that may be wrong with your sleep pattern.

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 am 

I dreamed of poisening attic rats so I could sleep peacefuly, & then I dreamed of explaining to my sister's boyfriend what "hipster Black Metal" was. It was the most realistic dream I've had yet.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:17 pm 

Arkhane wrote:
Anyway, it's harmless in itself, but sometimes signals something else that may be wrong with your sleep pattern.

Well, that might be just that. I usually sleep at couch with lights and tv/radio on, because I have this childish superstition that those things protect me from the powers of darkness or something. And I'm not so hot on total silence either. It seems I only got myself to blame then.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:18 pm 

Nah I gotta have the TV going also. The chatter from the TV is what keeps me from having these deathly nightmares about being demonically possessed or stricken. I don't know how you sleep with the lights on though, that shit would bug the hell out of me.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:10 pm 

Last night I had one of those ridiculously detailed dreams that last long enough to feel totally realistic; I've only had a couple that felt so real that I was genuinely surprised when I woke up. A big part of it was sentimental time spent with friends, but I'll skip to the vaguely amusing part of it:

I came online and discovered that Lykathea Aflame were releasing an exclusive new EP on vinyl, limited to 16 copies, for the low, low starting price of $75. I scrambled to buy one, but I was too slow to beat the other 16 people on Earth who would staple their anuses shut for Lykathea Aflame. Thankfully, the DELUXE edition of the album had just gone on sale, for $225, which I immediately bought without hesitation.

What made the deluxe edition so deluxe? It came with an exclusive bottle of wine, and glasses, to sip while listening to the whole thing.

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:08 pm 

would you have even been allowed to buy it legally? i can't imagine your parents being happy that their underage son blew $225 on wine and terrible music.

i kid, i kid

Rasc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:57 am 

When I was a child, I had this recurring dream that really freaked me out. It contributed greatly to the problem with insomnia I have nowadays.

I would enter the classroom in school and there would be a lot of food there and some old radio playing party music (we'd do this kind of picnic sometimes), so I'd just talk and do children stuff with my buddies til the music would stop suddenly and everybody would start to look terrified. So the teacher would say "it's time!" and everybody would start hiding behind chairs. I followed them without understanding shit. Then, immediately after, an extremely tall man with a white suit and a deformed had that resembled some mix of the boogie man of the Powerpuff Girls with a goat would pass through the door, grasp me with his purple dirty hands, hold me high on the air and everything would start to disappear while a terrifying noise ran the room.

I started having these dreams when I was 7 or 8, and they persisted til my early teenage years, with the same room, the same school friends, the same teacher. Gorrifying.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:23 am 

I'm scared of my microwave now. Just dreamed that I was zapping popcorn when lightning struck my house. This sent a massive power surge through the microwave, that discharged outward and engulfed me in a field of radiation. I woke up 45 years later and 9000 miles away in Grytviken, South Georgia. I was speaking Norwegian to my five granddaughters, all of whom are named Juliana. None of this seems like a nightmare exactly, but fir one thing. In the future, we don't smoke herring any more. There's a button on microwaves called 'smoke flavour'. Now that's just hideous.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:05 pm 

Well, my dream was sort of weird. I was looking for my car, while DRIVING my car. I found some Total War game on my Ipod about goblins, with music from Spore or the Wii as a theme, and couldn't seem to listen to Totenmond, no matter how hard I tried.

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:23 pm 

Last night I dreamed that I was back in college, perhaps during orientation. I was hanging out in the student center and then in the quad, it was night. Somehow the quad turned into my parent's neighborhood, but I was still amidst some fellow students and friends preparing for some sort of project that involved us doing yard work. There was a storm forecast so I expressed a desire to call it for the night, but one of the guys insisted on getting the work done (whatever it was). We were digging around an oak tree when the storm hit. It was a thunderstorm of epic proportions but without any rain. Just apocalyptic lighting striking every few seconds for a brief duration, each strike causing a large tree to fall down or a part of a house to be destroyed. I had retreated somewhat to my parents house and stood on the porch watching the destruction, the sky was purple.

I woke up shortly after that, I don't think anyone died in the dream. I'm connecting it with conscious and subconscious anxiety about being an adult on my own/not being a failure/all the usual stuff. Though I've been living/working independently for three years now (with roommates, alone, now with girlfriend) I guess it is just sinking in more these days as I make new goals for myself.

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:08 pm 

Last night I dreamed I had big, golden wings and a body like a God. With long blonde hair. And an Ibanez guitar effects pedal asked me to save another pedal which was prisoned in a nazi prison without a roof. The pedals were in love.

Really strange dream.

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:03 pm 

Jasper92 wrote:
Last night I dreamed I had big, golden wings and a body like a God. With long blonde hair. And an Ibanez guitar effects pedal asked me to save another pedal which was prisoned in a nazi prison without a roof. The pedals were in love.

Really strange dream.

Maybe you've been watching too much Metalocalypse? Sounds like an entertaining one.

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:25 am 

.had a dream that Christopher Walken, with a really strange robe that looked fit for an ancient emperor, was showing me how to cut out someone's tongue.. we were in this torn up car.in a junkyard or maybe a landfill out in the desert, and the whole entire interior (inside) of the car was made out of rolled up meat.. he was talking calmly, explaining stuff in a sir Walken manner, while removing a tongue from some person.. then was telling me he was taking the evidence to the moon for the FBI to find..
:/

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:53 pm 

Alsandair wrote:
Jasper92 wrote:

Really strange dream.

Maybe you've been watching too much Metalocalypse? Sounds like an entertaining one.

I've never seen Metalocalypse. But it was sure entertaining

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:45 pm 

Arkhane wrote:
Sleep paralysis is the opposite of sleep walking basically. Normally your body enters a paralysis state at the same time REM sleep begins, to keep you from acting out your dreams or sleepwalking. But instead, during sleep paralysis, only your body enters REM sleep and your mind remains aware in a sort of half dream half reality state. So during sleep paralysis, it's pretty normal to see your real surroundings with dream like fabrications. It's completely harmless (despite how fucking terrifying it can be), but it's a sign of anxiety, fatigue, or just that your sleep habits are not right, but you can read the Wikipedia article on it if you want to know more.

I used to get that shit almost every night, and every night I would wake up into paralysis, there was a dark entity or a demonic presence that was juuuuuust out of my sight, and it was targeting my little girl (toddler age), or it was trying to target me. Eventually, it happened so much that I am able to recognize when I am in sleep paralysis, and I TRY to have a little fun with it. Still, when I'm in paralysis, if there's a fan or a vent going, the fan sounds like a jet engine or the vents sound like they are trying to suck me in, but I can still recognize them as harmless.

It doesn't happen as much anymore, but it still happens every so often. The worst ones are when you can literally see, hear, or touch someone if they're sleeping next to you or even if they are awake and walking around. It feels like you're drowning, and the only person who can save you can't see the state of turmoil you're in. While I'm trying to scream, it's just not coming out. Anyway, it's harmless in itself, but sometimes signals something else that may be wrong with your sleep pattern.

Yeap. I used to get it allll the time as well but quite rarely now. Even though I am used to it now and know what is happening, it's still fucking maddening (maybe even moreso now that I'm more annoyed than scared) to not be able to just get up and scream and obliterate whatever hallucination is taunting me.

Rasc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:47 pm 

Shit, I just dreamed I was having sex with my girlfriend's best friend. On the same morning I woke up, a friend of mine asked for no reason where my girlfriend goes to college and she told me her cousin goes to the same school. Guess who her cousin was.

It's really bizarre when something you dream about is connected to something that happens in your day. I'm sure statistics explain that though.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:24 am 

Was at a match about who could sing the highest notes. I was checking some of the people who joined this thing and I gaze upon a scorpion in a box. I ask this sir what the hell this is suppose to mean, to which he says ''well you should not underestimate the scorpion for it can hit very high notes!'' I laugh and tell him that I'm a singer so I should join. The sir tells me my permission is denied.

...Yeah. :scratch: :???:

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:19 am 

A dream I had a few nights ago:

Me, my friend and my mon and dad was going for a walk in the area here, and suddenly we see two strange creatures running after each other on a field. We agreed to not let them see us, because that would be bad for sure.
I tried to get a better look at them and of course i was spotted. They then started to run towards us.

We ended up in a small forest and one of them managed to take my friend away, and I killed the other one with my foot :P
I could then hear here screaming really badly for help somewhere, and I started to look everywhere.
Finally I found here laying on the ground. No damage or anything.
Then the police woman from Silent Hill 1 appered, and told that we had to give here our camera with evidences of these creatures.
The first thing I though was that she can not be trusted, and that we should not give here anything.

lowki1087
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:23 pm 

I had a terrible dream the other night, basically I was in front of the stove in my house cooking breakfast. Then all of a sudden my cat walks up to me as if she wants to be fed, so I turn to get a can of cat food. I turn around and she's standing on top of the stove staring at me with a blank stare. I think nothing of it so I continue on cooking, then out of nowhere my cat sticks her head into the fire and holds it there for a good 5 second screaming in pain. Finally I pull her out of the fire, but by that time 3/4 of her face was burnt off. As she rolled in pain on the floor with a loud disturbing scream all I could do was stare in shock. Next thing my cat stood up as if nothing just happened looking at me with this weird burnt smile on her face. Then she started meowing, but her meows were in subtitles and it read "kill me, kill me please". But by then I awoke, with my heart going 500 mph thinking "wtf ".

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:41 pm 

Rasc wrote:
It's really bizarre when something you dream about is connected to something that happens in your day. I'm sure statistics explain that though.

I had a dream the other night like this. Basically, in my dream, my 2 year old daughter was being literally tormented and possessed by a demonic entity, and she was screaming and shrieking and levitating right in front of me while I was trapped or restrained by something. It kept throwing her down on the floor and picking her back up while she was crying and starting to speak tongues.

As soon as I woke up, I took a drink of water and layed back down. No sooner than I closed my eyes, my daughter literally falls off her bed and starts screaming. I ran in there and her feet were still against the bed, but her head was facing towards the foot of the bed and a little outward which was a little strange. I know she sits up sometimes in bed and falls back to sleep laying down backwards, but at the time I was flipping the fuck out.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:54 pm 

Had a weird but kinda fun dream last night. I wouldn't mind seeing it as a movie. What happens is I'm a CSEC operative, tracking a terrorist group who's armed a nuclear device to destroy Ottawa. My partner is a mole inside the group, posing as their media spokesman. He uses one of his regular "terrorist" broadcasts to piggyback a hidden transmission to me. The message contains only the Pink Floyd song "High Hopes".

So he has encoded to me the location of the bomb, somewhere within the lyrics of that song! I'm left to search around such vaguely defined places as "at a higher altitude with flag unfurled" and "along the long road, down by the causeway", near as these can apply to things in Ottawa. I hope the dream continues tonight, because I never finished the job!

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:33 pm 

I dreamed I'd cut my belly open, strangely enough, nobody gave a fuck about it, and I just walked around holding my guts and thinking whether I should get all the mess sutured or just lay it all to waste and get rid of a life of working, tracking unwilling women down and getting duped and fighting for nothing. Finally, I chose suture => life. Oh, and the last bit of the dream caught me talking to a teddy bear in a sack of shit in a corn field.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:21 am 

Today I was shuffling through the dreams that I've written down on notepad over the years, and I noticed a rather good one. It's very brief, but also extremely bleak and depressing. Here goes:

It's a small empty room brightly illuminated by white light. Bill Murray is crouched in a corner, bloodied up and holding a razor blade, sleepless, teary-eyed, looking very suicidal, and yet has a smile on his face, as he cracks a small joke to an unknown woman in the room, with a sobbing, half-desperate, half-cheerful tone: "You know, sometimes dead junkies are so intoxicated, when people find them they sell their blood as a narcotic?..." He ends his joke, still smiling, gazing at the woman for a moment, then abruptly collapses into tears. [End of dream]

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:43 am 

The only really depressing part of your dream would be Bill Murray failing to commit suicide, I sez. :lol:

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:14 pm 

I had a dream that I got a ride home from middle school from John Goodman, for some reason I'm always still in middle school in my dreams, or I'm losing teeth, or killing some faceless stranger...
oh yeah, and then there was that one where I basically chaperoned Dimmu Borgir around the billions of shitty outlet malls around my neighborhood, apparently Shagrath and Silenoz had to go do a big album signing thing at the shoe carnival.

captaincrunchy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:48 am 

Had a dream maybe a month ago that involved being a cameraman with a female Asian reporter in some desolate mountainous region discussing a science lab, only to look up and discover that a huge number of bombers had suddenly appeared in the sky and began nuking everything. We flee to the lab and try to run inside, but inside, there was a woman that looked like she was made out of steel and attacked us, but we killed her by forcing her back out of the lab and sealing the door just as a wave of fire hit the area. We then go deeper into the facility to discover that it contains a pristine miniature earth with its own gravity and complete ecosystem, so we go down and begin... populating it.

Then I woke up and sat still for like thirty minutes sorting out what the fuck happened.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:46 am 

I had a dream the night before last about a wad of cooked spaghetti noodles that started eating all my food and biting me on my foot.

Just last night, I had a dream about a video game battle scene, where the protagonist was a fish type person and he was fighting a laser shooting worm that busted out the window of a fast moving greyhound bus. The battle system was close to that of an early Assassin's Creed game and a God of War game. The worm could shoot a rapid fire laser stream which juggled the main character if he was hit by it. But the main character's health replenished really rapidly, so all I had to do was hide behind the bus seats and my health bar refilled within 2 seconds.

And for the last week, I've been having dreams about my deceased hardcore Christian grandma, and her reactions to me being the metal musician that I am.

TripeOverload
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:02 am 

I had one funny dream, I was having a discussion with two mysterious dwarfs and I was browsing a super solid database in search of their identities. One of the dwarfs was damn placid, not wordy, while the other dwarf was really pissed off, yelling and threatening to kick our asses to bits. After browsing the database for the identity of the pissed off dwarf, can anybody guess the answer that I got?
Yeps, the crazy, foul-mouthed, br00tal dwarf was actually "God" in my database.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:28 pm 

Two:

First one involved me and a wad of spaghetti noodles I kept as a pet. They kept getting into the fridge and into whatever my mom was cooking, and eventually they ended up biting me on my foot. Then I went freerunning through some middle Eastern warzone aftermath.

Second one involved my deceased grandma again. She had just died and her spiritual embodiment was a fish in an aquarium. Then she got eaten by a shark. It told me to say goodbye to her forever.

sandersa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:09 pm 

Recently, when I do have a dream, it is usually lucid; that hasn't happened for a while but anyway, I thought I'd share a few that I find strange or funny.

1) A couple of months ago I had a dream either about an historical reenactment or it really took place in the middle ages. I got arguing with quite many people and every time that happened, we had to fight, so each time, I brought from my tent as many swords that I could carry to choose one of them at the spot. I also got a necklace each time that I would have to give to the opponent in case I lose.
During the last fight, I get myself some katana, with which I somehow manage to injure my armpit before combat. While I'm off to treat my wound, I'm wondering why we're going to fight with sharp weapons and possibly get one or both of us killed but decide something like ''oh well, be it so''.

2) The night before yesterday, I dreamt that some children were being chased by a huge bear which always managed to catch the ones that tried to run away and jumped on them, crushing and eating them.
At some point I myself was chased by the bear and it seemed like I might make an escape, running faster and faster and with my eyes closed and without really knowing where I'm going but then it caught up and I was dead.
Part of the time it also seemed like I was reading it all from a book and thought it was one of the best I'd ever read (if I remember correctly, then including the part where I also had to run).

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:03 am 

I was watching Titanic. Halfway through the movie the romantic vibe disappears and suddenly the ship was shooting missiles at another ship and people inside the Titanic were shooting eachother down. It made the movie a lot more adventurous to watch. That's for certain! :lol:

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:52 pm 

My dreams are usually quite repetitive. Most of the time I'm just walking around or sitting in a bus that's driving around a big city, which I'm pretty sure is Lisbon, without any particular destination in mind. The thing is, the areas I usually go to are usually bigger and more interesting. Also, metro/subway stations are HUGE and there's hundreds of stations.

It would be kinda cool if the city was in real life just like it is in my dreams. But then again, that would make the city bigger thus harder to get around by and get to places on time.

Some say that dreams have certain meanings. I wonder what most of my dreams being like I've mentioned above say about me? That I feel lost and anxious about the future? That I have an adventurous travelling spirit?

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:56 pm 

Fucking spiders. Why is it always spiders? Last night it was these two huge and brightly colored ones. Can't stand the things.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:06 pm 

Been having a two-part dream lately. The first night, not too much happens. I just awake to see a ghostly female doctor floating outside my window. She's just silently watching, staring and then vanishes after a while. The second night, I get two calls from someone saying, "I can help you. Let me in", more forcefully each time, and I refuse each time. Short while later, the window is melted away by a pulse of light, and the doctor floats in and begins jabbing hot metal rods into my head, torso and legs.

hots_towel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:55 am 

i get the occasional work/school in my underwear, and no one but me thinks its a big deal.

one thing that always trips me out though is my "dream versions" of places I'm familiar with. like my house, school, work, general neighborhood, they all are pretty accurately represented in my dreams, but there is a slight tinge to them that makes them different. like I'm looking at it through a filter that makes this reconstruction of my house or what not a "fake." it doesn't feel like my house, it just looks like it. idk, dreams are weird

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:20 pm 

Was playing a gig with a few other people. Rocked out this heavy metal tune with a main riff that I wrote (though it was basically a ''Two Minutes to Midnight'' rip off) and had a lot of fun. The next two songs we played were metalcore so I stood still and did nothing. After the gig this dude comes to me and asks ''hey man, why did you stop playing during the last 2 songs? Did you have technically difficulties or were you too nervous?'' to which I replied ''nah...I didn't write those tunes nor does metalcore apply to me so I didn't play.'' :p

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:56 pm 

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was in a funeral home and the people there were going to embalm me (and a line of other people) alive.... :eek:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next