Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 am 

I hope the mods don't mind me opening a new thread for a video game, I only did it so that I don't ruin the game for anyone else. The title says it so be warned this will contain spoilers, I have just completed the game and would like to talk to anyone else who has as well. Just for extra safety I'll put everything story related in spoiler tags anyway and I hope everyone else who contributes to the discussion will as well.

Ending spoiler:
Spoiler: show
Having just completed the game there I was actually a little shocked by the ending, I didn't think Joel would be so callous and lie to Ellie and murder all of those people just so he could get her back. I was very shocked when Ellie chopped David the raider guy's face with the machete, the violence while pretty intense I feel was justified and non gratuitous it was Ellie releasing her frustration and anger at him. Also the part where Henry killed himself after Sam's death was pretty harrowing.

I don't think in all my years of gaming has a game ever really affected me in such a way like this has. Sure I didn't cry or anything but it seriously was emotionally draining, it was like watching a good film and getting invested in the characters. I really believe the scores this game is garnering is well justified.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 am 

You really didn't need to make this its own thread.

Quote:
, I only did it so that I don't ruin the game for anyone else

Hence why spoiler tags exist on this site now.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:00 am 

I don't think so hence why I created one, but if the mods object to it sure they have every right to close it. It's about one specific video game out there now that is garnering lots of attention.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:32 am 

Lots of games get lots of attention, from Mass Effect to Skyrim to the numerous GTAs. *shrugs* Ozzy's right, this game isn't more deserving of its own thread.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.