Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:15 pm
Posts: 10216
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:42 pm 
 

Crick wrote:
It was like all I had to do was stop talking about bands, and then people started listening to them.


You might be onto something there. Hype does tend to turn some people off; I know I am one. I did listen to Gargoyle thanks to your suggestion though. and I think they're...ok. Pretty fun, in fact.

Ninjen Isu is bloody great though. Need to get me more of that stuff.
_________________
Hush! and hark
To the sorrowful cry
Of the wind in the dark.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 935
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:47 pm 
 

Abominatrix wrote:
Ninjen Isu is bloody great though. Need to get me more of that stuff.


Still haven't checked them out yet, which I fully intend to do. Most of my time spent on the forum is while I'm at work. Problem is YouTube is blocked, so I can't delve into all the links posted. Then I never really have the computer up and running while I'm at home, so all pretty much vanishes into obscurity.
_________________
Osmium wrote:
And I'm sure old Adolf never meant anything bad when he rounded up those Jews. Nice try, Hitler.

iamntbatman wrote:
what bands will my imaginary sky daddy be ok with me listening to?

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6205
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:48 pm 
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmtINUb18yo

I just post this any time someone wants to hear Ningen Isu.
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 935
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:53 pm 
 

I need to be reminded to log back on later today and click that link... Post it note time.
_________________
Osmium wrote:
And I'm sure old Adolf never meant anything bad when he rounded up those Jews. Nice try, Hitler.

iamntbatman wrote:
what bands will my imaginary sky daddy be ok with me listening to?

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 5440
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:56 pm 
 

Crick wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmtINUb18yo

I just post this any time someone wants to hear Ningen Isu.

That's rather spooky.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I wish I had a black hole and an infinite supply of B83 atomic bombs, each time letting the heat barely rub against all of you before sucking it back with a black hole so I could slowly nuke the previous page over and over again for all time.

Top
 Profile  
henkkjelle
Veteran

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Posts: 3137
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:14 pm 
 

Ningen Isu is a pretty great band from what I have heard. I have only listened to their latest album 此岸礼讃 (Shigan Raisan) and it's a lot more upbeat than that one song. Their discograpy is absolutely daunting just like Gargoyle's, so I really don't know where I should start. Any recommendations, Crick?
_________________
It creeps along in shadows on the hill.

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6205
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:18 pm 
 

Odoru Issunboushi. Its got my favorite production job out of all their releases (its actually probably one of my favorite production jobs period), and SEVERAL classic Ningen Isu songs (Dynamite, Kurai Nichiyoubi, Dodarebachi, Odoru Issunboushi...)
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:39 pm 
 

I liked this one of theirs: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/%E ... %E9%96%80/

Unfortunately I'm at a loss as to hearing any of their stuff past that album (Besides youtube). The internets haven't been very helpful, and I imagine the only way to get physical copies would be to import :ugh:
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2762
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:51 pm 
 

Ningen Isu is right up my alley! Great stuff.

Saw this earlier today. Clearly, Goatfangs didn't listen to his folks :)
Spoiler: show
Image

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6205
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:54 pm 
 

TheOldOne wrote:
I liked this one of theirs: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/%E ... %E9%96%80/

Unfortunately I'm at a loss as to hearing any of their stuff past that album (Besides youtube). The internets haven't been very helpful, and I imagine the only way to get physical copies would be to import :ugh:


I have their whole discography, if you want I can PM you links.
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:34 pm 
 

Crick wrote:
TheOldOne wrote:
I liked this one of theirs: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/%E ... %E9%96%80/

Unfortunately I'm at a loss as to hearing any of their stuff past that album (Besides youtube). The internets haven't been very helpful, and I imagine the only way to get physical copies would be to import :ugh:


I have their whole discography, if you want I can PM you links.


EDIT: Marathon here I come :hyper:
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm

Top
 Profile  
burnroasted
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 am
Posts: 207
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:19 pm 
 

Crick wrote:
<span>
TheOldOne wrote:
I liked this one of theirs: <a class="smarterwiki-linkify" href="http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/%E4%BA%BA%E9%96%93%E6%A4%85%E5%AD%90/%E7%BE%85%E7%94%9F%E9%96%80/">http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/%E4%BA%BA%E9%96%93%E6%A4%85%E5%AD%90/%E7%BE%85%E7%94%9F%E9%96%80/</a></span>

Unfortunately I'm at a loss as to hearing any of their stuff past that album (Besides youtube). The internets haven't been very helpful, and I imagine the only way to get physical copies would be to import :ugh:


I have their whole discography, if you want I can PM you links.

Can you PM me the links too? :)

Top
 Profile  
henkkjelle
Veteran

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Posts: 3137
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:53 pm 
 

Crick wrote:
Odoru Issunboushi. Its got my favorite production job out of all their releases (its actually probably one of my favorite production jobs period), and SEVERAL classic Ningen Isu songs (Dynamite, Kurai Nichiyoubi, Dodarebachi, Odoru Issunboushi...)


Well, I searched for a while and I couldn't find a link to that album. :panda: I hereby kindly ask you for a link.

*steps into queue*
_________________
It creeps along in shadows on the hill.

Top
 Profile  
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 7677
Location: Innsmouth
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:15 pm 
 

I smell a Darren Aronofsky movie about Crick trying to scrape his life together by passing out Japanese metal download links to people so that his girlfriend can open a pet store, until he starts losing it after sampling too much of his product.
_________________
Lippyass Major wrote:
Getting a band inked into your skin permanently is always a sign of dedication and intelligence, and I have a lot of respect for the people who do it.


COMA VOID | GLOAMING | FAUSTIAN ORBS

Top
 Profile  
baron samedi
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:26 pm
Posts: 56
Location: Kyoto, Japan
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:17 am 
 

I really like the Ningen Isu songs I've heard, it's just impossible to find the album I want on the internet, especially because there's like a trillion. I could probably go to the used record shop and find anything, but my computer doesn't have a CD drive! (・~・:) so... if somehoweranother you come across a link... can... can I have it, too??

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 935
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:47 am 
 

This is what happened with the old download thread too! All other conversation stopped and careened straight into "gimme links".
_________________
Osmium wrote:
And I'm sure old Adolf never meant anything bad when he rounded up those Jews. Nice try, Hitler.

iamntbatman wrote:
what bands will my imaginary sky daddy be ok with me listening to?

Top
 Profile  
caspian
Wanderer of the Wastes

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:29 pm
Posts: 6115
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:42 am 
 

Kinda feel like a bit of a jerk adding ANOTHER time review. Here's to total and complete redundancy!!!!
_________________
http://www.pozible.com/project/177604 <-- got a crowdfunder thing going for an album I'm doing. Pre-order something!

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 5801
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:14 am 
 

Is it possible that that album is the most reviewed record on the site?
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 866
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:24 am 
 

Subrick wrote:
Is it possible that that album is the most reviewed record on the site?

It is.

http://www.metal-archives.com/stats#Top_100_-_Albums

Suppose it would be that way, as so many people were anticipating its release.
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 4339
Location: 50 Forts Along The Rhine
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:32 am 
 

caspian wrote:
Kinda feel like a bit of a jerk adding ANOTHER time review. Here's to total and complete redundancy!!!!

As long as you are helping to level the ridiculously undeserved average score.
_________________
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?
CorpseFister wrote:
Personally, I prefer to know nothing of the esoteric hierarchy of MA and the profane rituals required to attain rank.

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 5801
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:51 am 
 

The thing with that album is that there is really only one song on it that can sustain my interest, and that's "Sons of Winter and Stars". When you combine it with the intro "When Time Fades Away", you get an absolutely breathtaking, spectacular, epic piece of music. Unfortunately that's really the only interesting thing on the album, as the other two songs and one interlude are just not that great.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2762
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:54 pm 
 

inhumanist wrote:
caspian wrote:
Kinda feel like a bit of a jerk adding ANOTHER time review. Here's to total and complete redundancy!!!!

As long as you are helping to level the ridiculously undeserved average score.


That album is easily forgettable. I think an averaged score of around 50-55% does justice to the content.

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 2114
Location: At the bottom of the lake
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:27 pm 
 

Crick wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmtINUb18yo

I just post this any time someone wants to hear Ningen Isu.

oh right! These guys! Came across them on a doom link hop session. Didn't look very far into their work, because I can't say they demolished me, but .. I like the fact that they wear robes. They were a stand-out of that link hopping day, but ultimately slipped my mind.

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6205
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:34 pm 
 

baron samedi wrote:
I really like the Ningen Isu songs I've heard, it's just impossible to find the album I want on the internet, especially because there's like a trillion. I could probably go to the used record shop and find anything, but my computer doesn't have a CD drive! (・~・:) so... if somehoweranother you come across a link... can... can I have it, too??


Hahaha, this is an interesting situation! Not many people are actually in the position to purchase most of the albums I talk about... But no CD drive? That's quite bizarre! I've never even seen a computer without a CD drive and I've been using computers since I was quite little.
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
TheOldOne
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Posts: 755
Location: Stalling at the present time
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:39 pm 
 

Crick wrote:
baron samedi wrote:
I really like the Ningen Isu songs I've heard, it's just impossible to find the album I want on the internet, especially because there's like a trillion. I could probably go to the used record shop and find anything, but my computer doesn't have a CD drive! (・~・:) so... if somehoweranother you come across a link... can... can I have it, too??


Hahaha, this is an interesting situation! Not many people are actually in the position to purchase most of the albums I talk about... But no CD drive? That's quite bizarre! I've never even seen a computer without a CD drive and I've been using computers since I was quite little.


My brother has a netbook right across from me with no disk drive.

I've gone through two of those Ningen-Isu full lengths so far, "Odoru Issunboushi" and "Shigan Raisan". These were both very good, but right now I'm liking the latter just a little more. Those riffs, man.
_________________
Crick wrote:
Metal Archives users are notorious for being female repellent. That's why I fuck men.

last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Erdrickgr
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:44 pm
Posts: 320
Location: PA, US
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:41 pm 
 

Ahh... netbooks, I forgot about those. I thought maybe he had one of them there floppy drives. :-D
_________________
"Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time." - Albert Camus

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6205
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:41 pm 
 

TheOldOne wrote:
I've gone through two of those Ningen-Isu full lengths so far, "Odoru Issunboushi" and "Shigan Raisan". These were both very good, but right now I'm liking the latter just a little more. Those riffs, man.


あゝ東海よ 
あゝ東海よ 
あゝ東海よ 
今いずこ?!
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 2114
Location: At the bottom of the lake
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 pm 
 

I'm pretty sure the MacBook Air lacks a disc drive as well..

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6205
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 pm 
 

I guess I just assume most people at least have a home PC in addition to stuff like Macbooks and tablets.
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 2114
Location: At the bottom of the lake
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:02 pm 
 

oh i hear ya. Me, too. Remembering the Air was a bit like finding a dollar in my pocket.

Top
 Profile  
CatFlatulence
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:51 pm
Posts: 63
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:51 pm 
 

My dad is visiting my apartment today. He's had me watching Emerson, Lake and Palmer videos for the last hour and a half. I really don't get this fucking shit.

Top
 Profile  
MARSDUDE
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:17 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Canardia
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 pm 
 

ELP rules bro. Your dad has good taste.

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19044
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:09 pm 
 

CatFlatulence wrote:
My dad is visiting my apartment today. He's had me watching Emerson, Lake and Palmer videos for the last hour and a half. I really don't get this fucking shit.


The image of your dad coming over just to force you to listen to Emerson, Lake and Palmer for that long is kinda funny to me for some reason. Random.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: Fright Night 1985

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6205
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:10 pm 
 

Something like this?
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
CatFlatulence
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:51 pm
Posts: 63
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:31 pm 
 

ELP is just so fucking off the wall, and this is coming from a dude has pretty weird musical tastes. It's not that I think it is shitty. I just don't get it. haha.

But yeah, for Mothers Day he came over and went to lunch with my wife, daughter, and myself. My wife and daughter laid down for a nap, and he plugged in a flash and said 'Hey check this out'. haha.. That's my dad.

Top
 Profile  
MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:01 pm
Posts: 810
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:45 pm 
 

ELP is alright, but I wish there was more a focus on guitars in that band. Lake is a killer guitarist when he wants to be.
_________________
Murtal wrote:
In flames became MeloDICK Death Metal

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Top
 Profile  
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 7677
Location: Innsmouth
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:19 pm 
 

I'm listening to this newest Wintersun album because I've never heard this band before. I haven't looked at the album on M-A but I guess this project was created by having a different Finnish melodeath or power metal band cover every Final Fantasy soundtrack song at once, then convert half of those to MIDI and mash up all of these covers into a single album?

It's a cool concept on paper but in practice it's the most ridiculous goddamn bullshit I've ever heard.

EDIT: Now I'm listening to Beyond Creation...the bass sounds like the bass track in an 8-bit Castlevania game.

People like some screwy stuff, I tell you what.
_________________
Lippyass Major wrote:
Getting a band inked into your skin permanently is always a sign of dedication and intelligence, and I have a lot of respect for the people who do it.


COMA VOID | GLOAMING | FAUSTIAN ORBS

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5332
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:52 pm 
 

ONE OF US... ONE OF US...
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 3446
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:54 pm 
 

So, there are two Wal-Marts that I go to that get regular visits from Baptists. I counted twenty of those "YOU ARE A SINNER BUT YOU CAN BE SAVED" leaflets in one of them the other week.
_________________
Oddeye wrote:
bug_man wrote:
a whole planet, made out of satan


That. Is. METAL!

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 5801
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:14 pm 
 

iamntbatman wrote:
EDIT: Now I'm listening to Beyond Creation...the bass sounds like the bass track in an 8-bit Castlevania game.

People like some screwy stuff, I tell you what.


Write a review of it. Help contribute to the album's ever diminishing score.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 518  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adriankat, CapricornSupernaut, I_Am_Vengeance, Nameless_Rites, Necroticism174, OceanOfViolence, Oxenkiller and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group