Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
lastdodobird
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Posts: 417
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 pm 
 

Is there a way to filter the "New Posts" link so that it only shows me new posts from a certain board (e.g. - if I only want to see posts from Music Talk & Off-Topic)?

search.php?search_id=newposts

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 3453
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 pm 
 

Woolie_Wool wrote:
I can't recall the last time I put a professionally made CD into my computer and iTunes didn't recognize it. iTunes' CD database is maintained by music listeners importing data to it, not Apple.


In that case, Sick6Six must never listen to metal again in order to preserve his kvlt status or he must commit ritual suicide.
_________________
Oddeye wrote:
bug_man wrote:
a whole planet, made out of satan


That. Is. METAL!

Top
 Profile  
VoidApostle
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:00 pm
Posts: 204
Location: Within The Vacuum of Infinity
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 pm 
 

I don't suppose there are any horror buffs here who recognize the sample at the beginning of Blood Freak's Toxic Tomb? It's bugging the fuck out of me. :brick:

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 2263
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:02 pm 
 

You know there's a whole thread for that over in metal discussion right? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44082&start=600 :thumbsup:
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Crick wrote:
Raw eggs tastier than semen? What horrid ooze-troll have you been blowing?

Top
 Profile  
Sick6Six
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 pm
Posts: 901
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:58 pm 
 

Wilytank wrote:
Woolie_Wool wrote:
I can't recall the last time I put a professionally made CD into my computer and iTunes didn't recognize it. iTunes' CD database is maintained by music listeners importing data to it, not Apple.


In that case, Sick6Six must never listen to metal again in order to preserve his kvlt status or he must commit ritual suicide.

Haha I've been copying stuff to my computer and just in the last day I've put at least 10 CDs in my comp that it didn't recognize, at least I still have some metal to listen to :hail:
_________________
Feel free to add me on PSN or LastFM Slowgod666 is my name on both

Top
 Profile  
Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 4417
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 pm 
 

Speaking of metal (it's ok to talk about metal here, right?) any of you folks picked up on Divine Element yet? Pretty sweet melodic death/black from Greece with a heroic vibe and very tight songwriting, really strong stuff overall. Plus it's a side project of Ayloss of Spectral Lore, so anyone familiar with his work would be right to expect good things from this. I wish they had more out so far than just their first full-length, but a damn good debut it is!

Something tells me Empyreal needs this. :thumbsup:

_________________
Visual Art: The Illuminated Night
Drone: IA
Shop: House of the Black Wolf

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19086
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:20 pm 
 

Yeah, that was cool. Good riffs and I liked the epic song structure - definitely not cliche or anything, which is refreshing! Good shit, man - maybe I should check out that Spectral Lore band everyone's banging on about too, in time.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: 12 Great New Halloween Staples

Top
 Profile  
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 am
Posts: 1977
Location: Panopticon
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:30 am 
 

Double post- with one below


Last edited by mindshadow on Thu May 08, 2014 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 5808
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:37 am 
 

Dude, just let it go and stop. The only reason everyone's continually piling onto you is that you are giving everybody material to pile on you. Nobody takes you seriously because you're just babbling on about stuff barely anybody cares about and in a manner so obnoxious that we cannot ignore you. Do you really not see the issue in spam messaging somebody dozens of times in over five months to no avail? That is literally following the definition of insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The best advice I can give you is to just stop posting for today and walk away from the computer, but I'm certain you won't follow that and make some kind of snide remark towards me, as you always do for anybody that dares disagree with you. If you weren't so easy to make fun of, nobody (or at least not fucking everyone) would be making fun of you. As mentioned, you're drawing all this attention to yourself and it's making it very, very, VERY easy for all of us to look at you, point, and laugh/shake our heads in amazement/both at the same time.

To reiterate, stop. For your own good.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal


Last edited by Subrick on Thu May 08, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 am
Posts: 1977
Location: Panopticon
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:38 am 
 

@Zodijackyl - Why? I sent you pm's so everyone else would be spared yet more politics from me. As I continued after a while as you didn't respond further ,I sent you every article I could think of , then still getting no comment I questioned your stance. I tried to discuss this privately with you Zodijackyl.

@Subrick - not posting the same over and over but many different articles from different sources.

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2771
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:40 am 
 

This is like a recurring feature on the board:

1. Mindshadow spams the FFA thread about UK political/social issues
2. Board members get annoyed with mindshadow
3. Mindshadow retaliates to emphasize his point
4. Name calling
5. Mindshadow goes quiet
6. Mindshadow talks about metal
7. Mindshadow gets bored of talking about metal
8. Repeat step 1

Napero wrote:
I just found death metal again after a break of almost a year. Nothing makes editing corporate Powerpoint presentations more fun than an overdose of coffee and Beneath the Folds of Flesh.


^ Any other modern gems like Sotajumala you've come across? Could either be from Finlandia or neighbouring countries.

Top
 Profile  
false_icon
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 508
Location: France
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 am 
 

Dear mindshadow,

Let's start by saying that I hold absolutely no anti-english feelings (even if I'm a fucking frog-eater), and I'm quite sympathetic with your views when I'm able to understand them.
At first, I blamed it on my limited grasp of english, but the more it goes, the more I'm sure that even native english speakers don't get your point.

You should try to be less cryptic, so that people can start an actual discussion, instead of being hostile to unintelligible posts from yours.
Also your posts could also relate more to your personal experience (or the one of people close to you who might have had a "zero hour contract"), and not only give factual information taken from the newspapers. That's a way to create empathy.

Here is an example:
mindshadow wrote:
So people here will have to work zero hour contracts or not receive benefits.
How will people pay mortgages/rent with no Idea how much money theyll earn each week?

When reading this, I didn't understand your point: what the fuck is a "zero hour contract"?
Also, your 2nd sentence makes one feels like England is totally like Bangladesh (which it is not, at least yet).
Don't be surprised that you get only one semi-hostile comment from Under_Starmere, while others ignore you and talk about Incantation (NP: Diablical Conquest :np: ).

Then, we get this explanation from you:
mindshadow wrote:
Because here people who are unemployed will have to travel to a place of work then find out they're not needed or can only work two hours that day - for minimum wage. We're going backward, I'm surprised the eu allow this as they recently deemed our benefits too low to survive on.

Now, I get what you want to say, and other people too, so a discussion started.
Answers from Under_Starmere, PvtNinjer, a new (longer) post from you, Pippin_Took, new post from you, Erosion of Humanity.

The information you give on british employment are interesting, can raise conversation (people from US and Canada told about their own local experience, so we have a bigger picture).

So please, make better, more understandable and personal posts!

EDIT: typo, etc.
_________________
Rild about Czechs wrote:
ghoulash eating neo-soviet despots.

my trade list

Top
 Profile  
Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:22 pm
Posts: 2571
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:39 am 
 

mindshadow wrote:
@Zodijackyl - Why? I sent you pm's so everyone else would be spared yet more politics from me. As I continued after a while as you didn't respond further ,I sent you every article I could think of , then still getting no comment I questioned your stance. I tried to discuss this privately with you Zodijackyl.


Because the sensible thing to do when one doesn't receive a response after 5 months and a few dozen inquiries is not assume the receiver isn't interested, but rather that they're just waiting for the right piece of information. You have a strange, strange thought process, man. :scratch:
_________________
henkkjelle on the Dutch wrote:
Actually we have a extra set of appendages protruding out of our lower ribs especially designed for rummaging through our poop. Newborns that do not possess these appendages are thrown of a mountain.

Top
 Profile  
FasterDisaster
OMG WAT DOES THIS CAPS LOCK KEY DO

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:08 pm
Posts: 6426
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:56 am 
 

Subrick wrote:
Dude, just let it go and stop. The only reason everyone's continually piling onto you is that you are giving everybody material to pile on you. Nobody takes you seriously because you're just babbling on about stuff barely anybody cares about and in a manner so obnoxious that we cannot ignore you. Do you really not see the issue in spam messaging somebody dozens of times in over five months to no avail? That is literally following the definition of insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The best advice I can give you is to just stop posting for today and walk away from the computer, but I'm certain you won't follow that and make some kind of snide remark towards me, as you always do for anybody that dares disagree with you. If you weren't so easy to make fun of, nobody (or at least not fucking everyone) would be making fun of you. As mentioned, you're drawing all this attention to yourself and it's making it very, very, VERY easy for all of us to look at you, point, and laugh/shake our heads in amazement/both at the same time.

To reiterate, stop. For your own good.

If Subrick is telling you to let it go, then you're doing something really wrong.

Also, Subrick's point is good for pretty much every scenario. I get bored easily these days so I'll just walk away for like, weeks at a time. It's awesome.

Also, I have something really important to say... Liege Lord? I posted a couple tweets saying that if I ended up not liking Liege Lord that I'd be super bummed out. It turns out Liege Lord is goddamn awesome, so everything is right with the world. Yes, it's my first time hearing Liege Lord. Yes, you should shut up about it.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
Shitloads of bands continue to gloriously invoke the majestic throne of Satan every single day.

Top
 Profile  
Woolie_Wool
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:56 pm
Posts: 1640
Location: Far beyond the prophecy of tyrant guardians
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:28 am 
 

It is a scientific fact that people who don't like Liege Lord are communists.
_________________
Wilytank wrote:
Of course, nothing respectable about the penis. We gents need to all grab the nearest sharp object and start hacking.

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6489
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 am 
 

Woolie_Wool wrote:
It is a scientific fact that people who don't like Liege Lord are communists.

Genetically, they have more in common with crabs than you or me. There's no real evidence, but it's a scientific fact.
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 am 
 

mindshadow wrote:
@Zodijackyl - Why? I sent you pm's so everyone else would be spared yet more politics from me. As I continued after a while as you didn't respond further ,I sent you every article I could think of , then still getting no comment I questioned your stance. I tried to discuss this privately with you Zodijackyl.


The problem was never that you were posting about politics, the problem was how you were posting about politics, which you continued to do after having it explained and being told that you were missing the point. I'm not sure why you were so averse to simply posting in a dedicated thread rather than posting in the FFA.

false_icon wrote:
Dear mindshadow,

Let's start by saying that I hold absolutely no anti-english feelings (even if I'm a fucking frog-eater), and I'm quite sympathetic with your views when I'm able to understand them.
At first, I blamed it on my limited grasp of english, but the more it goes, the more I'm sure that even native english speakers don't get your point.

You should try to be less cryptic, so that people can start an actual discussion, instead of being hostile to unintelligible posts from yours.
Also your posts could also relate more to your personal experience (or the one of people close to you who might have had a "zero hour contract"), and not only give factual information taken from the newspapers. That's a way to create empathy.
...
So please, make better, more understandable and personal posts!


:thumbsup:

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:36 am 
 

Woolie_Wool wrote:
It is a scientific fact that people who don't like Liege Lord are communists.


I'd sooner associate with communists than people who don't like Liege Lord!

Shameless plug: Orion and I did an extensive interview with Matt Vinci about all things Liege Lord, going as deep as their connections to Yes, Blue Oyster Cult, and Sir Mix-A-Lot. The very literal transcription adds some humor to it.

http://contaminatedtones.blogspot.com/2 ... vinci.html

Top
 Profile  
Poisonfume
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:38 am 
 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Speaking of metal (it's ok to talk about metal here, right?) any of you folks picked up on Divine Element yet? Pretty sweet melodic death/black from Greece with a heroic vibe and very tight songwriting, really strong stuff overall. Plus it's a side project of Ayloss of Spectral Lore, so anyone familiar with his work would be right to expect good things from this. I wish they had more out so far than just their first full-length, but a damn good debut it is!

Something tells me Empyreal needs this. :thumbsup:


Great band, I was told a while ago that they'd be working on new material but I haven't heard any news since.

Also, I cracked the fuck up watching this, found on reddit:

_________________
LegendMaker on pointless genre dissection wrote:
Will you in turn help me classify the shemale/ladyboy, tranny/ladyboy, ladyboy-shemale/tranny, and tranny-ladyboy/shemale sub-folders of my shemale/ladyboy/tranny collection?

Top
 Profile  
FasterDisaster
OMG WAT DOES THIS CAPS LOCK KEY DO

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:08 pm
Posts: 6426
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 am 
 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Woolie_Wool wrote:
It is a scientific fact that people who don't like Liege Lord are communists.

I'd sooner associate with communists than people who don't like Liege Lord!

I actually think it was you who brought up Liege Lord originally like ten pages ago and I asked about it and that's what spawned this conquest.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
Shitloads of bands continue to gloriously invoke the majestic throne of Satan every single day.

Top
 Profile  
insAnum
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 41
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:53 am 
 

Alright, now I'm a "Metal Demon". Now, I heard something about a complimentary blowjob and a sandwich?
_________________
Let's be Facebook friends! | Unliteral (cartoons by me)

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 3453
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:02 am 
 

insAnum wrote:
Alright, now I'm a "Metal Demon". Now, I heard something about a complimentary blowjob and a sandwich?


I'll grab some TNT and do a good job blowing you up. Which pile of sand do you want this done at?
_________________
Oddeye wrote:
bug_man wrote:
a whole planet, made out of satan


That. Is. METAL!

Top
 Profile  
insAnum
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 41
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:47 am 
 

Wilytank wrote:
I'll grab some TNT and do a good job blowing you up. Which pile of sand do you want this done at?

How about I just blow you, then we can go for sandwiches and call it a day?
_________________
Let's be Facebook friends! | Unliteral (cartoons by me)

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 2149
Location: At the bottom of the lake
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:21 pm 
 

Napero wrote:
Nothing makes editing corporate Powerpoint presentations more fun than an overdose of coffee and Beneath the Folds of Flesh.

ha. yes, this kicks ass. I hadn't heard the album before, so I'm youtube-ing it while I work on formatting and reference hunting for a final. I see what you mean. Speaking of which .. ANOTHER TRACK, ANOTHER CUP!!

Top
 Profile  
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 am
Posts: 4496
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:27 pm 
 

I can't remember who I was talking to in the FFA about how Mountain Dew Baja Blast should be available in stores, dontlivefastjustdie maybe?

Anyways, HEAD'S UP FUCKERS, you can buy it on shelves now. I woke up at about 5:30 a.m. and one of my room mates had bought a 12pack of cans and put it on the counter with a big note. I know I'm the saddest fat fuck in the world because when I flipped on the kitchen light and read "Baja Blast" on the case, I literally gasped.
_________________
I'm livin' for givin' the Devil his due...

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:31 pm 
 

Jonpo wrote:
I can't remember who I was talking to in the FFA about how Mountain Dew Baja Blast should be available in stores, dontlivefastjustdie maybe?

Anyways, HEAD'S UP FUCKERS, you can buy it on shelves now. I woke up at about 5:30 a.m. and one of my room mates had bought a 12pack of cans and put it on the counter with a big note. I know I'm the saddest fat fuck in the world because when I flipped on the kitchen light and read "Baja Blast" on the case, I literally gasped.


Whoa. Taco Bell recently added diet Baja Blast, which is awesome because I drink a lot of it when I stop at Taco Bell and I'd rather not add 1000 calories from sugar when I'm already eating a ton of simple carbs from the tortillas.

Top
 Profile  
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 7721
Location: Innsmouth
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:33 pm 
 

This is the greatest news in recent memory. I should see if I can give myself diabetes before I leave the country.
_________________
Exigence wrote:
I love hearing Six Feet Under's covers of classic songs.


COMA VOID | GLOAMING | FAUSTIAN ORBS

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 5808
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 pm 
 

It's very rare that I see Mountain Dew of any type in the soda fountains of fast food places here. Most of them have Coke product fountains and not a whole lot have Pepsi product fountain. Just waiting on Pepsi to create their version of the Coke Freestyle machine so we can finally get Crystal Pepsi back!
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:00 pm 
 

And so the sad ban of destiny has happened. Farewell mindshadow, we hardly knew what ye were talking about.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 514, 515, 516, 517, 518


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Opus and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group