Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Post new topic Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
inhumanist
Veteran

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 3918
Location: 50 Forts Along The Rhine
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 am 
 

Sometimes fear mongering is perfectly appropriate.
_________________
Celtic Frosted Flakes wrote:
Compared to how it is here in Sweden, fascism sounds like paradise.
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Top
 Profile  
Menternor
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 pm
Posts: 153
Location: Peru
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 am 
 

I'm pretty sure it's also a reason why a lot of people turn gay.

In other news, my city just spent a shitload of money in order to run an election to kick the mayor out (vote either "yes" or "not")...it lost...now those whiners who set it up all in the first place better not start another millions-costing fuckery
_________________
Ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Top
 Profile  
Erosion Of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 1524
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 am 
 

:tinfoil:
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Goatfangs wrote:
"LOLOL IN FLAMES SUX0RZ".

Top
 Profile  
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 am
Posts: 1931
Location: Panopticon
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 am 
 

inhumanist wrote:
Sometimes fear mongering is perfectly appropriate



:roll:


In other News - new data research/statistics building
being constructed, going to be the worlds largest by far :)
_________________
Propaganda time, the official line
You're hungry, you get fed

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 3089
Location: Bedford, PA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 am 
 

Menternor wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's also a reason why a lot of people turn gay.


You would think with the Baptist assholes own fear mongering around that it would keep people straight.
_________________
MrMcThrasher II wrote:
If you get mistaken for a girl it's because you are skinny but have giant breasts

Top
 Profile  
Slag
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:56 am
Posts: 2303
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:32 pm 
 

inhumanist wrote:
@EOH: That's defeatism. One can at least try to raise awareness. The thing is that the more information corporations and the government gather about the population, the harder it becomes to offer resistance "when" they go too far. Information is the most effective weapon and the key to complete control.
I think he is being pragmatic. The most effective weapon is and has always been money. The people have very little to do with any big decision changes. So attempting to change how all of these corporations work around our modern culture isn't really feasible, unless we do something drastically extreme. Which likely would be just as bad an extreme as your silly "complete control" scenario.
_________________
Leify wrote:
My grandfather always said, if you can't fix a problem, just systematically blow shit up.

Top
 Profile  
henkkjelle
Veteran

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Posts: 2812
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 pm 
 

inhumanist wrote:
Sometimes fear mongering is perfectly appropriate.


Let's change that to "making people aware of the situation is always appropriate"
_________________
De waarheid is nergens lid van.

Top
 Profile  
Menternor
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 pm
Posts: 153
Location: Peru
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:52 pm 
 

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for science...specially when it concerns biology.

I'm pretty sure a lot of you would have preferred to not be aware that your alien-egg infested eyelashes look like this.

Spoiler: show
Image


Hey, this conversation was getting pretty moody, someone needed to post something gross or sexy to make everybody forget about it temporaly, and I like to be an asshole who posts disturbing stuff to bother people on a lot of forums, but so far, I think I'm pretty well behaved :)
_________________
Ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6045
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:58 pm 
 

GAAAAAAAAAH! Why would you post that?! My EYES!
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9420
Location: Seattle, United States
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 pm 
 

It said "image" when I opened it so thankfully I'll just refer to Crick's reaction and never see it.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
henkkjelle
Veteran

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Posts: 2812
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:15 pm 
 

It's not that bad. I for one welcome our future alien overlords. But seriously, it's not that bad.
_________________
De waarheid is nergens lid van.

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 3089
Location: Bedford, PA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:31 pm 
 

OzzyApu wrote:
It said "image" when I opened it so thankfully I'll just refer to Crick's reaction and never see it.


It's the bottom of a yellow wicker palm tree with some red dinosaur eggs in a hole in the cracked desert earth.
_________________
MrMcThrasher II wrote:
If you get mistaken for a girl it's because you are skinny but have giant breasts

Top
 Profile  
Erosion Of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 1524
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 pm 
 

Yeah not so bad but I would've preferred something sexy...
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Goatfangs wrote:
"LOLOL IN FLAMES SUX0RZ".

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 9420
Location: Seattle, United States
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:35 pm 
 

Oh ok now the image loaded properly.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2481
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 pm 
 

Triolin. I'll just leave this here.
http://blog.makezine.com/2013/03/17/the ... e-players/
Spoiler: show
Image

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 3089
Location: Bedford, PA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 pm 
 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Yeah not so bad but I would've preferred something sexy...


I guess you could call it a penis if you look at it a certain way.
:oh shit:
_________________
MrMcThrasher II wrote:
If you get mistaken for a girl it's because you are skinny but have giant breasts

Top
 Profile  
doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:58 am
Posts: 586
Location: India
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:19 pm 
 

Wilytank wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
It said "image" when I opened it so thankfully I'll just refer to Crick's reaction and never see it.


It's the bottom of a yellow wicker palm tree with some red dinosaur eggs in a hole in the cracked desert earth.


Those actually seemed a bit like mangoes to me, extremely weird kind of mangoes. :lol:
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
TheMysticWombat
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 am
Posts: 358
Location: CA, U.S.A.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:39 pm 
 

So apparently my old Yahoo email was compromised by someone in Pennsylvania. Kinda scary since it's been a long time since I used it.
There's so much spam. :(

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 3844
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm 
 

TheMysticWombat wrote:
So apparently my old Yahoo email was compromised by someone in Pennsylvania. Kinda scary since it's been a long time since I used it.
There's so much spam. :(

Oh, uhh...that was yours?

Awwwwwkwaaaarrrd~
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
TheMysticWombat
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 am
Posts: 358
Location: CA, U.S.A.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 pm 
 

Zelkiiro wrote:
TheMysticWombat wrote:
So apparently my old Yahoo email was compromised by someone in Pennsylvania. Kinda scary since it's been a long time since I used it.
There's so much spam. :(

Oh, uhh...that was yours?

Awwwwwkwaaaarrrd~

I KEEL YOU :fuck:
But in that case I have your IP address. Now I just need to learn what to do with it. :(

Anyone going to the Death To All Tour? I want to make friends. :-D

Top
 Profile  
Poisonfume
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 pm
Posts: 1069
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 pm 
 

That 'triolin'...why??
_________________
LegendMaker on pointless genre dissection wrote:
Will you in turn help me classify the shemale/ladyboy, tranny/ladyboy, ladyboy-shemale/tranny, and tranny-ladyboy/shemale sub-folders of my shemale/ladyboy/tranny collection?

Top
 Profile  
Menternor
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 pm
Posts: 153
Location: Peru
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:12 pm 
 

I'm willing to bet it was inspired by this...too bad that while violins may sound awesome, playing a violing will always look decidedly less awesome.

_________________
Ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Top
 Profile  
Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 380
Location: Buried somewhere....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:35 pm 
 

TheMysticWombat wrote:



Anyone going to the Death To All Tour? I want to make friends. :-D

Apparently they are not coming here to my state, so that sucks. :(
_________________
My Blog!

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 5403
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:36 pm 
 

TheMysticWombat wrote:
Anyone going to the Death To All Tour? I want to make friends. :-D


I'm going to the one in Massachusetts.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze

Top
 Profile  
Erosion Of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 1524
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:57 pm 
 

@ Wilytank: :lol: not exactly what I had in mind though. And I'm going to Death to All but here in Chicago so if you wanna come here I'll be your friend Wombat.
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Goatfangs wrote:
"LOLOL IN FLAMES SUX0RZ".

Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Veteran

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 3918
Location: 50 Forts Along The Rhine
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 pm 
 

Slag wrote:
So attempting to change how all of these corporations work around our modern culture isn't really feasible, unless we do something drastically extreme. Which likely would be just as bad an extreme as your silly "complete control" scenario.

Yeah, fighting back is stupid because it might be futile or could have bad consequences. We should rather be "pragmatic" and accept the world how it is and develops because it's probably not gonna be so bad, after all we are good consumerists with comfortable lives and the omnibenevolent market will surely sort it all out!
eat a bag of :finger:

Menternor wrote:
I'm pretty sure a lot of you would have preferred to not be aware that your alien-egg infested eyelashes look like this.
Spoiler: show
Image

I already knew. Just see them as cute little pets!
_________________
Celtic Frosted Flakes wrote:
Compared to how it is here in Sweden, fascism sounds like paradise.
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 1819
Location: In the Open Sea
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:52 pm 
 

inhumanist wrote:
Slag wrote:
So attempting to change how all of these corporations work around our modern culture isn't really feasible, unless we do something drastically extreme. Which likely would be just as bad an extreme as your silly "complete control" scenario.

Yeah, fighting back is stupid because it might be futile or could have bad consequences. We should rather be "pragmatic" and accept the world how it is and develops because it's probably not gonna be so bad, after all we are good consumerists with comfortable lives and the omnibenevolent market will surely sort it all out!
eat a bag of :finger:

I just learned about the Dictatorship of the Proletariat in Marx's Dialectic. Is that more or less the debate here?

Top
 Profile  
Ribos
Radioactive Man

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:10 pm
Posts: 3020
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:00 am 
 

Posting from a new phone... finally! It's going to take some time to get used to this keyboard, though. Going from that crappy HTC Aria to a Motorola Astrix HD. It's worth it if for no other reasons than getting to finally view the main site properly while mobile and to have much more of my music available to me wherever I go.

And, of course, that the damn touch screen now actually works the way it should. I am a happy Ribos.
_________________
843182 wrote:
biohazard the band is not is when you want to add it to tell you that there is

Top
 Profile  
Slag
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:56 am
Posts: 2303
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:05 am 
 

inhumanist wrote:
Slag wrote:
So attempting to change how all of these corporations work around our modern culture isn't really feasible, unless we do something drastically extreme. Which likely would be just as bad an extreme as your silly "complete control" scenario.

Yeah, fighting back is stupid because it might be futile or could have bad consequences. We should rather be "pragmatic" and accept the world how it is and develops because it's probably not gonna be so bad, after all we are good consumerists with comfortable lives and the omnibenevolent market will surely sort it all out!
eat a bag of :finger:
lol That was rude. Instead of hating me, why can't you pity me for my apathetic life style? I don't see how public awareness is fighting, though. Sure take things one step at a time, but I don't think there are many more, if any more, steps to take after that. Not any ones of real worth, at least. The government and these corporations are essentially manifestations of pure selfishness. So in order for them to change, something would have to make it in it's best interest to do so. Of course, all changes have positives and negatives. So not everyone will be happy. In fact there will and have always been people like you, powerless and angry throughout their whole lives. Being pragmatic in these situations isn't the equivalent of bending over and taking it from behind, but rather accepting society for what it is and working with it. I don't mean conforming, per say, but rather focusing on what is more relevant.
_________________
Leify wrote:
My grandfather always said, if you can't fix a problem, just systematically blow shit up.

Top
 Profile  
Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 665
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:15 am 
 

iAm wrote:
I met an admin from What.CD the other day at a party. Which is pretty awesome because each time I've taken their entrance exam my internet shut down. Viva la piracy!


Kinda cool to know there's another Whatter here! If you have an account already, you should visit the metalheads thread :D
_________________
The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Don't need food, I got metal! Don't need air, I got metal! Don't need love, I.... uhhhh.... *cries*

Top
 Profile  
Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:50 am
Posts: 4798
Location: Venestraya
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 am 
 

I work for the government so I can bulldoze the houses of hippies and inject people like inhumanist with mind-controlling nanobots.

Top
 Profile  
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:47 am
Posts: 4739
Location: Sträyliä
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:17 am 
 

All hail the nanobots!
_________________
Not for mercy does the evolution of I progress...

My collection

Top
 Profile  
Erosion Of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 1524
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:26 am 
 

Headed up to Pitsburg today, should be fun I haven't been there in a long time, any of you PA people know of anything fun to do there?
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Goatfangs wrote:
"LOLOL IN FLAMES SUX0RZ".

Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Veteran

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 3918
Location: 50 Forts Along The Rhine
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 am 
 

Slag wrote:
lol That was rude. Instead of hating me, why can't you pity me for my apathetic life style? I don't see how public awareness is fighting, though. Sure take things one step at a time, but I don't think there are many more, if any more, steps to take after that. Not any ones of real worth, at least. The government and these corporations are essentially manifestations of pure selfishness. So in order for them to change, something would have to make it in it's best interest to do so. Of course, all changes have positives and negatives. So not everyone will be happy. In fact there will and have always been people like you, powerless and angry throughout their whole lives. Being pragmatic in these situations isn't the equivalent of bending over and taking it from behind, but rather accepting society for what it is and working with it. I don't mean conforming, per say, but rather focusing on what is more relevant.

I don't hate you, defeatism just pisses me off. Basically you are aware of the world going to shit but rather than looking for a way to do something about it you are only bracing yourself for the impact. That attitude makes the prediction self-fulfilling.

Bezerko wrote:
I work for the government so I can bulldoze the houses of hippies and inject people like inhumanist with mind-controlling nanobots.

Haha, what a good joke! But seriously, mind controlling nanobots don't actually exist, droneB0385! Remember that.
_________________
Celtic Frosted Flakes wrote:
Compared to how it is here in Sweden, fascism sounds like paradise.
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?


Last edited by inhumanist on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:47 am
Posts: 4739
Location: Sträyliä
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:21 am 
 

My random drunk post for the night (coz bourbon is nice).

People here I'd like to have a beer with (assuming they drink beer):

Earthcubed (to be schooled on heavier beers)
MacMoney (see above, and metal)
Morrigan (just because)
Napero (often funny bastard)
caspian
Bezerko
OzzyApu (again, just because, and one of the oldest names I know here)
Metantoine
Necro
Veracs (that's right0
Forestcorpse
LegendMaker
dreadmeat
bloodycumshit
the Frog
Under_Starmere
Empyreal
failsafeman (fellow ranga)
iAm

If you didn't make the list I've either already met you, or you haven't made an impression.... Yet.

(edited to add someone I forgot :oh shit: )
_________________
Not for mercy does the evolution of I progress...

My collection


Last edited by CrushedRevelation on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 18184
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:31 am 
 

Sounds like a who's who of MA people. I'd do it. Beer is great.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: The Conjuring

Top
 Profile  
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:47 am
Posts: 4739
Location: Sträyliä
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:36 am 
 

Yor're not Cali base though eh emp? My missus has family there (older brother), but the States is on the cards for us travel-wise in the future...
_________________
Not for mercy does the evolution of I progress...

My collection

Top
 Profile  
caspian
Wanderer of the Wastes

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:29 pm
Posts: 6059
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 am 
 

hey hey, I can school you on heavier beers too! :)

Introduced my wife to Nadja today, she seemed to quite enjoy it, onto a keeper 8) :beer:
_________________
http://www.pozible.com/project/177604 <-- got a crowdfunder thing going for an album I'm doing. Pre-order something!

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 18184
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:38 am 
 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Yor're not Cali base though eh emp? My missus has family there (older brother), but the States is on the cards for us travel-wise in the future...


Nope, the exact opposite. I'm a Floridian.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: The Conjuring

Top
 Profile  
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:47 am
Posts: 4739
Location: Sträyliä
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 am 
 

This will be an expensive visit...
_________________
Not for mercy does the evolution of I progress...

My collection

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 500  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group