Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 am 

Most of our families were immigrants at some point, I can trace mine to France, Ireland, Austria and Wales. But we expect our leaders - especially when they promote themselves as representing the "working man", to protect us (especially low wage earners) from the effects of practically open borders, especialiy living on a small island, where the infrastructure was never set up to accomodate so many people arriving in such a short space of time.

Pippin_Took wrote:
How precisely is this true? There's more in your post I think is completely wrong, but let's start small, eh?

6 million+ arriving in a little over ten years, a large percentage of which vote for a certain party, after 5 years, and I have read in the past as little as three.

There is nothing wrong in my post, or many others, I would say there is much wrong with your perception of reality though.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:10 pm 

You were supposed to represent us, the workers, labour.

Last edited by mindshadow on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:36 pm 

http://news.radio.com/2013/11/01/new-mu ... us-christ/

I can't even...

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:05 pm 

Man she is not aging well.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:21 pm 

Just imagine Jesus getting flogged while crooning "Oops, I Did It Again".

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:23 pm 

mindshadow wrote:
6 million+ arriving in a little over ten years, a large percentage of which vote for a certain party, after 5 years, and I have read in the past as little as three.

So what you're saying is that the reason that Labour is allowing an extreme influx of immigrants is that most immigrants vote for Labour. You are saying Labour is basically manipulating elections in a way that produces collateral damage. I'm not saying I'm agreeing or disagreeing with you. It's just usually so difficult to see what you're getting at.

Now give me my brownie points please because clearly pedantery is my only motivation to criticize your posts.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:36 pm 

Interesting title there, Eric...

Quote:
E-FORCE is putting the finishing touches on its third album, entitled "The Curse Of The C**t". Tentatively due in early 2014, the CD's lyrical concept will attempt to explain "the power of women and what some guys (and some women) will do to get a piece of the action," according to Eric. He added, "I don t think man has changed in, say, the last 2,000 years. Say from Jesus Christ hanging with hookers to the Cleopatra/Caesar time to the modern-day dilemma of Tiger Woods, for example. The list goes on." Songtitles set to appear on the album include "Mass Deception", "The Curse Of The C**t" and "Nature Of The Bitch".
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former ... yMJ3bzO.99

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:40 pm 

This girl ive been talking to on the net for months has gone and got bf irl, now she says she basically doesnt wanna talk to me, im fucking depressed

(im useless irl, suffer from tons of shit that makes me unable to make friends etc, so she was the only person i had to talk to)

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:43 pm 

You care too much. You've probably been friendzoned for ages anyway, so if you simply lose someone to converse with online, it isn't much to be depressed over.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:56 pm 

Wait, so because he had no chance of fucking her, he shouldn't be depressed that his only somewhat close friend doesn't want to talk to him anymore?

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:04 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
http://news.radio.com/2013/11/01/new-musical-uses-britney-spears-music-to-tell-the-story-of-jesus-christ/

I can't even...

http://news.radio.com/2013/10/28/britne ... i-pirates/

Metal bands wish they were this fucking evil

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:06 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Wait, so because he had no chance of fucking her, he shouldn't be depressed that his only somewhat close friend doesn't want to talk to him anymore?

No shit, what a terrible attitude. If I was a woman I wouldn't touch any dude who whined about the 'friend zone' on principle.

Pippin_Took
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:09 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:
This girl ive been talking to on the net for months has gone and got bf irl, now she says she basically doesnt wanna talk to me, im fucking depressed

(im useless irl, suffer from tons of shit that makes me unable to make friends etc, so she was the only person i had to talk to)

You could consider asking whether you can continue to hang out from time to time nonetheless? If she has a relationship, she's less likely to be available to chat online for as much as you guys have been, but it seems kinda strange to just stop all contact right away. If that's her line, maybe you're better off finding new friends? (If your whole online relationship was a quasi-girlfriend thing though, I can see why she might want to cool things down a little). But seriously, you should be able to maintain some kind of contact.

Regarding "real life", it's hard man. But not impossible. You'll meet people through the activities you do and places you go. Be open to interactions, and you might surprise yourself. There's people out there for all of us. They just aren't always forthcoming when you feel like you need it. (This, by the way, is meant to be supportive, not patronising....).

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:57 pm 

WaywardSon wrote:

Quote:
E-FORCE is putting the finishing touches on its third album, entitled "The Curse Of The C**t". Tentatively due in early 2014, the CD's lyrical concept will attempt to explain "the power of women and what some guys (and some women) will do to get a piece of the action," according to Eric. He added, "I don t think man has changed in, say, the last 2,000 years. Say from Jesus Christ hanging with hookers to the Cleopatra/Caesar time to the modern-day dilemma of Tiger Woods, for example. The list goes on." Songtitles set to appear on the album include "Mass Deception", "The Curse Of The C**t" and "Nature Of The Bitch".

Wow. That will be a trainwreck.

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:20 pm 

Pippin_Took wrote:
Folkemon_ wrote:

You could consider asking whether you can continue to hang out from time to time nonetheless? If she has a relationship, she's less likely to be available to chat online for as much as you guys have been, but it seems kinda strange to just stop all contact right away. If that's her line, maybe you're better off finding new friends? (If your whole online relationship was a quasi-girlfriend thing though, I can see why she might want to cool things down a little). But seriously, you should be able to maintain some kind of contact.

Regarding "real life", it's hard man. But not impossible. You'll meet people through the activities you do and places you go. Be open to interactions, and you might surprise yourself. There's people out there for all of us. They just aren't always forthcoming when you feel like you need it. (This, by the way, is meant to be supportive, not patronising....).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umc7BFE ... ata_player

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:24 pm 

http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2013/11/01/ ... ke-a-wish/

More reason why Make A Wish is the best charity ever.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:25 pm 

That's gotta be my favorite piece from Louis' new special. Or the socks bit. It's like folding a bowling ball in half!

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:33 pm 

PvtNinjer wrote:
That's gotta be my favorite piece from Louis' new special. Or the socks bit. It's like folding a bowling ball in half!

funny guy!

Pippin_Took
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:17 pm 

Haha, that was pretty good! I'll have to check him out, not seen a lot of his stuff. Speaking of which, the stand-up thread is great - so much fantastic stuff being posted in there.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:30 pm 

What's a good site to purchase metal tees, preferably a decent selection of long sleeves.. I've already checked Hells Headbangers and Jsr-Direct..

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:07 pm 

Read that as "metal trees" first.
Thought you were preparing for antichristmas.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Read that as "metal trees" first.
Thought you were preparing for antichristmas.

Will the anti-Christmas tree feature broken, blood splattered ornaments and an inverted star of David at the top held high by Lucifer himself?
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:17 pm 

THEMICRULAH wrote:
inverted star of David

Uh...

Spoiler: show

EDIT: Holy shit, that's big.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:24 pm 

IT'S THE SAME INVERTED AS REGULAR?! MY BRAIN IS BROKEN! TOTAL SATAN!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:33 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
Wow. That will be a trainwreck.

Ugh, holy shit.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:39 pm 

Well if the "men's rights" movement is going to have a band to champion their cause, at least it's one that is shitty and irrelevant. They'll make a good fit.

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:30 pm 

THEMICRULAH wrote:
IT'S THE SAME INVERTED AS REGULAR?! MY BRAIN IS BROKEN! TOTAL SATAN!

Sigged.

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:04 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:
Well if the "men's rights" movement is going to have a band to champion their cause, at least it's one that is shitty and irrelevant. They'll make a good fit.

You slave of the matriarchy you.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:09 pm 

WaywardSon wrote:

Quote:

Wow, I'm just
a little embarrassed for him even reading that. And I was just thinking/talking with a guy at a show last night about how we thought he was underrated in Voivod. He should get Away to write some cool spaced out lyrics for him next time instead of trying himself. Jeez....
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:11 pm 

I'd rather watch the G-force movie again that listen to that upcoming album.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:15 pm 

He could hang out with the True Forced Loneliness crowd.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:17 pm 

Why censor the word cunt? It's a nice word, all round and chocolaty on the end.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:25 pm 

Louis C.K. sucks and is overrated. I hate him.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm 

I can't deny that Louis's eponymous show is absolutely brilliant in spots, but his "liberal tr00f bomb" stand-up leaves a lot to be desired. Plus his diatribe on why we should describe effeminate men as "faggots" was so utterly misguided and childish it nearly made me quit watching any and everything to do with him altogether. Really embarrassing stuff.

Diamhea wrote:
You care too much. You've probably been friendzoned for ages anyway, so if you simply lose someone to converse with online, it isn't much to be depressed over.

Aren't you the same guy who pissed and moaned that girls on dating websites weren't instantly trying to marry you?

Yeah. It's not hard to see why.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:00 pm 

Why do you think I'm so bitter? Maybe I'm really bitterman..

Last.fm

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:04 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
his diatribe on why we should describe effeminate men as "faggots" was so utterly misguided and childish it nearly made me quit watching

I remember that bit. It was stupid. Basically "dig your own grave now" territory. His shit talking about other people isn't nearly as good as his shit talking about himself. Overrated, yes, but he has his moments. For some reason he makes me laugh harder than most stand up comedians can, even though I know full well his work is not at all deep or genius. "Why the fuck do you like him?" would be a fair question. Wretched and self-deprecating dark humor is pretty much the only stand up I laugh at. I can't help it. I think he was the first comedian to cross my path who was similar to Bill Hicks in that way. A damn sight shy of him, but .. well, the fucker's dead, so I have to settle.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:07 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

Maybe you're peanut butter... bitter! Huh? Eh? Eh? Eh?

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:23 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Diamhea wrote:

Maybe you're peanut butter... bitter! Huh? Eh? Eh? Eh?

:| :ugh: :nono:

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:28 pm 

I don't get it. Was there supposed to be a pun somewhere?

Anyways, I think the real question here is how many fedoras Diamhea owns.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:30 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

Bitterman is kind of a good writer though.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327 ... 518  Next