Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:45 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
*waits an hour for all the music files to transfer from my iPod to iTunes on my new laptop, finds out that he didn't uncheck the little box saying "file is only readable" (good luck trying to copy, idiot), has to do the whole thing over again*

:durr:

Hey don't feel bad I did that like 3 times before I figured out why the songs wouldn't play. :idea:

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:11 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H_F6j0rM94

Just gonna leave this here. It's everything I want to make in regards to metal.

This is GOOD. Thanks Frog!
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:11 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
henkkjelle wrote:
*waits an hour for all the music files to transfer from my iPod to iTunes on my new laptop, finds out that he didn't uncheck the little box saying "file is only readable" (good luck trying to copy, idiot), has to do the whole thing over again*

:durr:

Hey don't feel bad I did that like 3 times before I figured out why the songs wouldn't play. :idea:

Brought to you by Apple products and their idiotic file managing systems.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:40 pm 

I blame myself. Originally the music map was a invisible map, and invisible maps always have the "read only" box checked as far as I know. It has nothing to do with Apple itself. It's very easy to just copy your music from your iPod to a computer with windows. Something that is (as far as I know) not possible on a macbook because apple doesn't want people sharing their downloaded music with eachother.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:07 pm 

That's because Apple is pure evil. The only reason I even use any of their products is because my iPod was a present from my wife if i didn't habe it I would never use Apple stuff. Their products are just so user unfriendly it isn't even funny.

Azmodes wrote:

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:49 pm 

The only Apple product I own is an iPod Nano, works fine, never had any issues with it, and never used iTunes either, everything uploads onto it fine with Banshee, which came with my OS in any case (currently using Linux Mint). I'm on the fence about the new iPhones, on the one hand, I'm quite sick of Android, on the other, I'm not too impressed with the latest iPhones, either. What can I do? Nothing, except peel onions and hope for the best.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:43 pm 

Noooooooom, onions. I had many ipods (the first shuffle, the first Nano, 2 classics) and I love them, I hate Itunes though and it usually works fine on Ubuntu until I need to restore it, but eh, having 80 go of music in your pocket is cool. I have some scrobbling issues with my classic but I guess there's worse stuff in the world.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:47 pm 

Why do so many people hate Itunes? I have used it for four years now and I have never had a single problem with it. It runs smooth, doesn't slow my computer down (like some people say it does), and the interface is great.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:07 pm 

Speaking of iPods, my touch is just about toast - screen pretty cracked (although still useable) and the headphone jack is severely damaged. Sucks, don't really have the money to replace it, might end up having to put my music on my phone.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:19 pm 

I now own this. 2005 Ford Escape Ltd. 100,000 miles. The dealer sold it to me for nearly $3000 off the market value, so it is indeed a spectacular deal.

I also went to Savers on the way home and bought myself some VHS tapes, as I'm a complete nerd for VHS. Those tapes are The Blair Witch Project, Thirteen Ghosts (only bought this because it both looks hilariously bad and has front cover art that completely rips off the front cover art from Scenes From a Memory), and High Plains Drifter.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:55 pm 

So VHS tapes are old enough to have people nerd out about them like vinyl? Not insulting you or anything, its just a little weird to see things that I remember being the then current technology becoming retro novelties.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:10 pm 

VHS tapes are great now because tons of them were made, they tend to have been abused less than audio cassettes, and you can find a pretty good selection of used tapes in any thrift store for a dollar or less each. I rarely watch movies so it's not great for me, but there's a much more appealing selection at a glance at hundreds of tapes rather than finding one metal tape per thousand that I look through (and a lot have been broken too :()

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:11 pm 

Well I'm only 20 (in three weeks), so I have fond memories of VHS tapes from when I was a child. I still have a ton of them from my youth, and I'm always willing and wanting to add to my old collection with new movies and videos that I didn't know about back then.

Also, what Zodi said. The three tapes altogether were less than $3.50.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:40 pm 

Congrats on the car too. I spent less on my current vehicle than you did on those VHS tapes.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:48 pm 

Now I'm able to come down to Fairfield (or was it New Fairfield? I forget which.) and pester you into going to shows with me. It'll be like a road trip movie, only our vehicle will not in fact fall to pieces throughout the drive.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:57 pm 

There's nowhere in this direction that you would want to drive, unless you're up for the horrible torture of driving to Brooklyn. I do need to make it to more shows though!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:16 pm 

Well there's Stamford, which, despite it trying way too hard to be Manhattan Jr., has both the Black Bear Saloon and the theater that they shoot Jerry Springer and Maury at.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 pm 

Stamford's quota of one good show per five years was recently filled by Liege Lord. They'll play again this fall, but the local shows in Stamford are pretty bad. Black Bear is likely the worst place in the world, I'd rather drink a 40 of Olde English from the ghetto packey on the sidewalk than drink a good beer in Black Bear. The last time I ended up there was after a friend's wedding - I was wearing a suit and holding an ornate vase with a fresh bouquet of flowers since I was taking the train home (because I was already drunk enough to not disagree about going to Black Bear). Despite the place being fairly desolate, the music was so loud that I had to yell and two women struck up a conversation with me and mistook my drunken yelling for a British accent. I went with it to pass the time, but I really just wanted to get home and sleep. Plus, it's a shitty dive bar and I'm not into the catch-and-release pond either.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:07 pm 

VHS lol, saw a VHS store around the neighbourhood the other day, can't believe they're still in business.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:32 pm 

The food there was great. I and the other 7 people I was with that night all thought it was a good enough place, and it was all our first time at that particular bar. I wouldn't think being drunk and chit chatting with two women while in a tux would make the place shitty. They have a black angus burger there that's absolutely killer.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:02 am 

That Sepultura thread is some of the funniest stuff I have seen in a while. Just the amount of effort into that defense and then copy and pasting from here is gold. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Wave_o ... eavy_Metal

What is funny is it doesn't even list Sepultura as an influence or anywhere on the page. "The roots of the movement are attributed to the bands Pantera, Biohazard, Slipknot, and Machine Head".
:lol: :lol:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:14 am 

So get this: I was at a gas station bathroom just a little bit ago, and some kid next to me goes "you know, I'm surprised this whole bathroom didn't just light on fire." I look over and he's got a lit lighter a few inches from my face. The ever loving fuck?

I'm starting to think The Hitcher wasn't so far fetched.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 am 

Subrick wrote:

I now own this. 2005 Ford Escape Ltd. 100,000 miles. The dealer sold it to me for nearly $3000 off the market value, so it is indeed a spectacular deal.

I got a 2001 Honda Civic with only 48,000 miles for for around $6800 around the first week of June. :thumbsup:

Totaled the same car on the last week of June. :cry:

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:23 am 

In 2007 I bought a Honda Fit with only EIGHTY miles on it for $12,000. I still drive it and I've never had a single problem with it.

Beat that!

Obligatory Last FM Link

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:26 am 

Wilytank wrote:
I got a 2001 Honda Civic with only 48,000 miles for for around $6800 around the first week of June. :thumbsup:

Totaled the same car on the last week of June. :cry:

Wow, it only took you that long? Are you the worst driver ever?

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:29 am 

:lol:

I know someone who was once in a three-car accident. Two of the cars were his. I think that probably beat's Wily's story by a hair.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:30 am 

I totaled my civic about 3 and a half years after owning it. :oh shit: Got a Nissan Altima now and the only problem I have had is a battery cell died so it wouldn't start or hold a charge, and one of my stupid electronic keys stopped working so it said NO KEY every time I tried to turn on the engine. I hate push button starters...

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:58 am 

Empyreal wrote:
So get this: I was at a gas station bathroom just a little bit ago, and some kid next to me goes "you know, I'm surprised this whole bathroom didn't just light on fire." I look over and he's got a lit lighter a few inches from my face. The ever loving fuck?

Trapped in a small space with a weirdo; not cool, man.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:01 am 

Earthcubed wrote:

I know someone who was once in a three-car accident. Two of the cars were his. I think that probably beat's Wily's story by a hair.

He's still pretty badass of being able to drive 2 cars at the same time.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:09 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Earthcubed wrote:

He's still pretty badass of being able to drive 2 cars at the same time.

He must have a clone of his own.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:25 am 

Welcome to Oregon where you can't drink until you are 21 but at the age of 18 you can walk around with an ar15 assault rifle out in the open and if you get questioned by a police officer you don't need to give any form of identification. I hate all these republican assholes crying about how they need their second amendment, when we have the highest gun violence rate out of all developed nations and the most relaxed gun control laws. Only a moron would not see the link here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30TagPCNE4

I like how at the end of the video the cop is like how long are you going to be walking around with this gun for so we know how long to expect loads of phone calls from concerned citizens? It's hard to imagine this country can be this retarded in this day and age.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:59 am 

AcidWorm wrote:
It's hard to imagine this country can be this retarded in this day and age.

Really? You can't believe that the country who couldn't officially end segregation, Jim Crow and all the various other forms of legal discrimination until the 60s and 70s could be retarded? We take the cake in retarded nations buddy.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:56 am 

AcidWorm wrote:
Welcome to Oregon where you can't drink until you are 21 but at the age of 18 you can walk around with an ar15 assault rifle out in the open and if you get questioned by a police officer you don't need to give any form of identification. I hate all these republican assholes crying about how they need their second amendment, when we have the highest gun violence rate out of all developed nations and the most relaxed gun control laws. Only a moron would not see the link here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30TagPCNE4

I like how at the end of the video the cop is like how long are you going to be walking around with this gun for so we know how long to expect loads of phone calls from concerned citizens? It's hard to imagine this country can be this retarded in this day and age.

Being retarded is one of your constitutional rights mate. The crazy part is that your rights are limited to keep from infringing on others rights except for the second amendment. It's as if the laws only work one way when it comes to guns and gun control but a lot of that comes from irrational fear of the government. Unfortunately for us (as a country) nothing will be done until someone "important" becomes the victim of gun violence. Never mind people die every day in cities all around the US and there are massive school shooting on an all to frequent basis. Politics doesn't care until it effects one of its own.

Azmodes wrote:

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:35 am 

I saw Swans with Low last night in Detroit. That was one hell of an experience. I can't really make a sentence that adequately describes the brevity of Swans' insanity. The best term I can think of is "aural hatefuck," to quote a YouTube user. Low was absolutely serene though. I hadn't listened to them much prior to seeing them, but now I will certainly be picking some of their albums up. I got a few neat action shots of Swans:

Spoiler: show

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:39 am 

AcidWorm wrote:
That Sepultura thread is some of the funniest stuff I have seen in a while. Just the amount of effort into that defense and then copy and pasting from here is gold. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Wave_o ... eavy_Metal

What is funny is it doesn't even list Sepultura as an influence or anywhere on the page. "The roots of the movement are attributed to the bands Pantera, Biohazard, Slipknot, and Machine Head".
:lol: :lol:

I blame my own stubborn-ness about it. I need to learn to leave trolls alone.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:54 am 

AcidWorm wrote:
Welcome to Oregon where you can't drink until you are 21

I never understood this. I think that if you are old enough to go to the army then you are old enough to have a damn drink.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:23 am 

Politics doesn't care until it effects one of its own.

That has nothing to do with it. Gun laws won't change because gun companies pay out. Money trumps all. Case in point: Gabrielle Giffords, Democratic congresswomen from Arizona, took a bullet to the head at a rally. No major gun reform, not cries for change. Hell, the Kennedy Assassination. One of the most popular presidents that ever lived; bullet to the head, no major gun law change.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:29 am 

^ agreed and I have said that many times before as well. The whole thing just makes me sick. A overwhelming majority of this country wants more gun control but can't get it because we don't pay well enough. Well we elected you fuckers and we should be able to vote them out if they don't do what we want. The whole system needs an overhaul.

Azmodes wrote:

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:52 am 

Unfortunately for us (as a country) nothing will be done until someone "important" becomes the victim of gun violence.

Not a chance. Just look at what happened to U.S. Rep. Giffords.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:25 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Noooooooom, onions. I had many ipods (the first shuffle, the first Nano, 2 classics) and I love them, I hate Itunes though and it usually works fine on Ubuntu until I need to restore it, but eh, having 80 go of music in your pocket is cool. I have some scrobbling issues with my classic but I guess there's worse stuff in the world.

I had a 80Gb classic for about four years, but eventually the 3,5mm jack broke. I replaced it with the new version of classic (160Gb), but it broke within six months of the purchase. I was fairly happy with the old classic, despite having used iTunes (which just becomes worse and worse with every update), but nowadays I wouldn't recommend the device, obviously. They even reduced the warranty from 24 months to a mere 12.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ... 518  Next