Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:41 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
3 packs a day at my worst and when I reigned it in I was down to about a carton a week.

Holy shit. DOWN to a carton a week.

iamntbatman wrote:
chemical ash reek.

Yeah that's the one. :puke:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:49 pm 

Yeah :lol: not one of my finer moments in life, also something I'm not too proud of. Chain smoking was a bitch in more ways than one, for a while I was smoking 4 to 5 cigarettes an hour. Also something else we (me and a surprising number of other people at my old job) would do was smoke while we were also using chew. Now that shit is nasty and I'll for sure never use it again. High stress jobs make people do crazy shit I guess.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 pm 

double barrel!

I did that shit constantly when I worked on a boat in Alaska. Coffee never worked when it was dark 24hrs a day, so it was Copenhagen in lip and a Pall Mall between them. Kept you wide fuckin awake, staved off hunger, and made you have mad focus. Ahh....the days of crab/salmon fishing in Alaska...the most excited undocumented part of my life.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:24 pm 

Philofrog, I'm pretty jealous! Super keen at the idea of doing a bunch of salmon fishing up in alaska and even that king crab shit, looks like a pretty sweet deal, being out on hella rough ocean is a super invigorating experience that I recommend for everyone, plus the pay looks good and time would fly when you're out there.. Any good stories to share?

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:26 pm 

Steve Oedekerk

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:26 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
wide fuckin awake, staved off hunger, and made you have mad focus.

Crystaline intensity, staring maker down and surrendering to the buffeting swell; senses straining, dark above, dark below, abyss beyond the throw of flood lights making sparks of spray.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:01 am 

My parents have always smoked. I got sick of people always saying "What is burning?" whenever I was nearby. Plus my mom has developed COPD from 45 years of smoking. That is enough motivation for me to say no right there.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:04 am 

The one time I kind of burned Timeghoul on FB. WTF!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:35 am 

Driving in Boston sucks. Between the traffic and the crappy directions, my initial 2 hour drive to practice today turned into a nearly 4-and-a-half hour monstrosity of a trek.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:08 am 

Metantoine wrote:
The one time I kind of burned Timeghoul on FB. WTF!
Spoiler: show

I'm still trying to decipher the sentence.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:43 am 

Surely you know of the St. Louis native emocore band 'Story of the Queer', no?
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:27 am 

No, and I didn't realize it was supposed to be a bandname because only "Story" is capitalized.

I didn't realize Timeghoul were homophobic either. Nothing against dissing emocore, but eh.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:48 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Driving in Boston sucks. Between the traffic and the crappy directions, my initial 2 hour drive to practice today turned into a nearly 4-and-a-half hour monstrosity of a trek.

I was in Boston in 2010 and I had to drive there multiple times. Certainly very different from the west coast. Plenty of assholes. I was also driving a bigger vehicle and was in my military uniform throughout the trip, which made it more of a pain in the ass.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:12 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
I find cigar smoking dumb cause I don't see the point of smoking and not inhaling. I don't smoke weed anymore and have no plans to ever start again, and as far as pipe smoking goes, I doubt I'll ever get into that.

Well keep in mind cigar/pipe smoke isn't at all the same as cigarette smoke. It's way, way harsher, thicker, etc. Sucking that stuff down into your lungs would be like smoking a pack of cigarettes at the same time.

For example, here's an appropriately redneck grandpa looking guy smoking a pipe:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:14 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Subrick wrote:

I was in Boston in 2010 and I had to drive there multiple times. Certainly very different from the west coast. Plenty of assholes. I was also driving a bigger vehicle and was in my military uniform throughout the trip, which made it more of a pain in the ass.

I've got to drive back there again for a show next Wednesday. To say I'm not looking forward to that is an understatement. At least the drive back at 1:00 in the morning is leisurely, if a bit boring due to the Mass Turnpike being one of the most boring stretches of road in all of human creation.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:49 pm 

The sheer hypocrisy of Angela Merkel.
Now HER mobile phone is getting spied on, yes? Scandal! Outrage!
Millions of EU citizens getting spied on? Trivial. No big deal. Downplay & appease.
But when they find out that, yes, secret services do, in fact, spy on leaders*? Yeah that one won't fly.
Fuck all of them. And the braindead media that does nothing but fluff up press releases.
Fuck them too.[/rant]

*They really shouldn't be surprised. There have been treaties since WWII allowing the U.S. to spy on German officials.

Edit: And while we're on the subject, surprise, surprise!
But wait, there is more!

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:18 pm 

Hey look! Flower Travellin' Band is back!

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:27 pm 

It's from the 19th century, has a hundred options, takes 25 minutes to unfold in its entirety, is ten inches long and a foot in diameter, and if you look on the upper left, that's a working pistol.

http://boingboing.net/2013/10/25/19th-c ... de-mu.html

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:30 pm 

I just went for a long walk on a lovely autumn afternoon. Hands down my favorite season.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:44 pm 

My own afternoon and thoughts exactly! :beer:

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:03 pm 

It's too cold to go for such walks anymore in my area. Luckily however I went on a few hours long hike earlier in the week and got my nature dose in before the winter starts biting my ass.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:25 pm 

I walked a block to breakfast, then another two to the bus stop and now I'm going to be inside all day under fluorescent lights. fml.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:47 pm 

I'm like really drunk right now. The first time in about two months....The weird thing about being drunk is knowing you are drunk, and you know you are going to move slower and think slower, but you still think you're perfectly fine. Just got home. The way home was pretty much a blaze of darkness and flying lights. Now I'm sitting behind my laptop with a nice glass of ice cold water. I also met the guy who's got a eye on my sister.... I shouldn't like him so much. He's a good guy though, so I guess all is fine. I really broke through my two month long hermit life tonight. Feels good, should to this more.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:02 pm 

Tomorrow morning: "Oh man, what the fuck was I saying last night, did I really say that, oh fucking hell what an idiot, I should have stayed at home instead." :p

I've been a hermit for basically this entire year. Cut myself off from everyone and only leave the house to work/shop/go for walks. Definitely need to make a change there.

Just realized the clocks have went back an hour. Takes the edge off the shame I feel for spending the last hour doing fuck all.

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:12 pm 

It's definitely a little bit overwhelming after two months of self inflicted solitary confinement. But it feels good to be amongst people of my own age again. I just though to myself "Jelle, you are never going to get a good social life if you're just going to sit behind your desk playing roguelikes"

Oh yeah, the clocks went back an hour, brighter mornings, darker evenings.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:18 pm 

I hate it when we have to put our clocks forward for summer, especially on a Sunday night. I want that extra hour back! New Zealand was an eye opener for me, due to the fact that the sun wouldn't go down until 9 30pm or so. Caught us off guard a couple of times as we couldn't figure out why all the shops/restaurants were closed/closing :lol:

My collection

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:34 pm 

"N Zed sucks, honey! Everything's closing down around us!"

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:46 pm 

Foulchrist wrote:
Tomorrow morning: "Oh man, what the fuck was I saying last night, did I really say that, oh fucking hell what an idiot, I should have stayed at home instead." :p

Post-drunk shame is the strongest kind of shame one can experience.

CrushedRevelation wrote:
I hate it when we have to put our clocks forward for summer, especially on a Sunday night. I want that extra hour back! New Zealand was an eye opener for me, due to the fact that the sun wouldn't go down until 9 30pm or so. Caught us off guard a couple of times as we couldn't figure out why all the shops/restaurants were closed/closing :lol:

I like summer time because of the longer evenings. It's not like it changes much, but I find it pretty nice.
Down south in Chile, it wouldn't get completely dark until midnight or so during summer, it was fucking nuts seeing the duskfall and you'd look at a clock and it's marking 23:00

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:20 pm 

I smoked for a few years, almost a pack a day. In January it'll be three years since my last smoke.

Quitting was the best decision I've ever made.

Obligatory Last FM Link

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:35 pm 

Went in to hand a job application in today, got an interview right away and got hired on the spot for a warehouse position. Life's feeling pretty good right now, gents! :beer:

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:33 am 

Disappointing loss for the Sox. What a game though.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:41 am 

That's the first time I've personally ever seen a game end on an obstruction call. Definitely unintentional on the part of the third baseman, though.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:51 am 

Televised sports always meant that I had to watch 3 hours of baseball instead of 3 hours of Looney Toons.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:39 am 

Miss Krabappel died.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:45 am 

You talkin' the character or the actress?

My collection

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:55 am 

Heading off to see Behemoth in about an hour or so. Should be a good night.

Then guard duty tomorrow. Second time this long weekend. Fuck.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:31 am 

We need to be able to trust our public services.

Quote:
“If they do that they can make sure they win back public trust. If they don’t, they are in danger of frittering away Auntie’s public trust that has been built over a long time.”

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/uk-new ... y-culture/

Anyone who is interested in learning the truth should watch Ashley Mote (MEP) on youtube. He has also written a book.

Thankyou Ashley Mote.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:53 am 

LlamaTrainer wrote:
Went in to a hand job application today

*giggle*

More seriously, congrats. The world today is not an easy place. I should start coaxing the firstborn to find herself a summer job next year. If anyone knows of a position that requires mostly sitting on a chair like a sack of flour, IRCing, drawing pretty good digital pictures of wolves and dragons, and being unreasonably grumpy towards anyone who comes within 4 meters, let me know.

EDIT: I can't recall if I ever remembered to recommend the Vyöhyke movie after they added English subtitles to it on YouTube. If you have a lazy Sunday ahead, with a few beers and a bucket of popcorn, try that one. The bang-for-the-buck ratio is immense, as the thing cost just 3000 euros to make.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:16 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
You talkin' the character or the actress?

Marcia Wallace died.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:36 am 

Huh. That's a little sad. I haven't been keeping up with later seasons of the show, but Miss Krabappel was a fairly well known character, so yeah.

My collection

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321 ... 518  Next