Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:54 am 

Just wait for one to develop sentience and start rescuing kittens from trees. :3

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 am 

Aww, it'll be like Wall-E, except without a face, and buzzsaws instead of hands.

This little propaganda/concept video is funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98BIu9dpwHU#t=79

Works perfectly under completely idealized conditions and with untold amounts of film editing!

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:24 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
darkeningday wrote:
There's been roughly two dozen children who've starved to death in the horn of Africa since the news broke that Paul Walker died. Thankfully, the net worth of an actor is worth 6 dozen dead children, so we won't have to hear about it much longer.

Oh shut it. You weren't all broken up over all the non-famous people who have been dying every minute of every day til you had a chance to berate everyone else for mourning a famous guy.

And you know this precisely... how?
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:33 am 

Because all of your other posts here are in the movie thread, not in the "I'm so crushed about african children starving thread" ?

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:51 am 

How dare people mourn the death of a person whose work they greatly enjoyed more than the deaths of people that they don't know anything about and had no impact on their lives.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:54 am 

I got a spider bite or something on the top of my right pointer finger. Fucker is killing me. I can actually see the little dot where whatever it is penetrated the skin.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:26 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
This little propaganda/concept video is funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98BIu9dpwHU#t=79

Works perfectly under completely idealized conditions and with untold amounts of film editing!

I was expecting some kind of alarm or notification to alert the home owners about the package. I found it a bit funny to see those people waiting behind that glass door. Regarding this concept, like some have already pointed out, there seems to be too many foreseeable problems at the moment. It would make good target practice though.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:33 am 

Hah! Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Watching that video you just know people aren't going to be able to resist shooting at these things.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:48 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
How dare people mourn the death of a person whose work they greatly enjoyed more than the deaths of people that they don't know anything about and had no impact on their lives.

I'm pretty sure no ones life has been changed by Fast and the Furious, so the way I look at it, who cares if the man is dead or not. All just stupid bullshit. Hopefully the franchise will be fucking over now.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:30 am 

It's about time powerful machines built for public roads all had limiters (20-30mph over the top limit?), they're only for caressing egos. There are cars on the roads that can do over 200mph.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:50 am 

Daily Mail starting a new campaign on that, Mindshadow?

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:19 am 

Well they don't receive millions in grants from outside the UK and from local authorities. which means they're less biased than some

We don't all read the - Uskoreniye Perestroika Weekly :wink:

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:54 am 

MA needs a gambling thread where posters can bet how long a thread will last before it turns to shit and gets locked. My inspiration was the new religious thread, which judging by history, will be a long, thought provoking and inteligent discussion that will continue to develop for many hundreds of pages and years.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:42 am 

Something you want to say to someone?

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:53 pm 

Didn't you already make that exact same thread like a year ago?

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:42 pm 

Seeing Sargeist live was exactly as awesome as I thought it would be. The frontman had great stage presence and they finished with "Let The Devil In" which just made the show for me. Saw them at the third night of Messe des Morts with IX Leviathan (RapeTheDead was supposed to make an appearance as well, but I guess that fell through). Belenos were also great. We crashed at Necrotocism174's place, so naturally an apple pipe was involved at some point.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:45 pm 

Terri23 wrote:
MA needs a gambling thread where posters can bet how long a thread will last before it turns to shit and gets locked. My inspiration was the new religious thread, which judging by history, will be a long, thought provoking and inteligent discussion that will continue to develop for many hundreds of pages and years.

Someone will read this and intentionally go in there and say something along the lines of "iamntbatman is full of shit. He doesn't know what he's talking about etc etc."

Then an argument that goes nowhere starts and the lock comes around.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:56 pm 

Nah, I fully expect my post to just get completely ignored while the thread is derailed for four or five pages, then ignored still as random people post in the thread without checking the OP or any prior posts, dragging it out to page nine or so, after which someone will come along and post some really extreme opinion like "SLAUGHTER ALL THE NON-METHODISTS" then there will be several more pages of bickering before Zodi locks it.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:16 am 

I'm just saying it'd be like saying how you've bet on a racing horse, but some guy overhears that. That guy then grabs a rifle, hides, then shoots that horse in the middle of the race just so that horse would lose and that guy who bet on him would lose his money.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:45 am 

Well, it's behaving sort of as I predicted, with a ton of people posting while still muddying up definitions of things. Still no major derail but it'll happen eventually. Anyone wanna bet on derail topics? Non-descript spirituality seems like a likely candidate.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:18 am 

I don't quite mind threads on religion etc, some do end up being entertaining with a fair amount of fireworks even if they get eventually locked. But the ones that pop up in the Metal sub-forum like "what is <insertgenre>?" or "why isn't this accepted?" are a waste of space. They're just asking to be locked. I don't see most of them even going beyond the first page.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:28 am 

The new Grave Upheaval album is musically just as exciting as the song titles and album art would suggest! There we have it, ambient death metal.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:31 am 

Has anyone here ever ordered any album from Old Europa Cafe?

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:32 am 

mindshadow wrote:
It's about time powerful machines built for public roads all had limiters (20-30mph over the top limit?), they're only for caressing egos. There are cars on the roads that can do over 200mph.

While you at it, why not limit the volume on headphones, ration potato chips, ban alcohol, and every other thing that could possibly harm someone in anyway. Hope you enjoy your Orwellian Utopia.

Most people are responsible enough to survive all of the dangers of this world. Just because a few idiots can't control themselves shouldn't imposs on the rights of everyone.

Plus I doubt Paul Walker and Radas were anywhere near the top speed of that Carrera GT. If they hit that pole at 80 mph, it's fast enough for that type of damage. Especially since that car reaches 60mph in a tick over 3 seconds. Thats a lot of inertia and g-force at play. Also the speed didn't kill them, it was the sudden stop.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:48 am 

It's very hard to accidentally kill another person with heaphones, potato chips and alcohol.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:51 am 

How hard is it to intentionally kill another person with potato chips by the way?

Maybe I'll write a mystery book about a guy who murders people with potato chips. He'll break it in half, sharpen an edge with an exacto knife, and slit a dude's throat. Then he can just eat the murder weapon. Genius.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:00 pm 

The fact that people get obsese and kill themselves from diseases such as diabetes, or heart attacks, or teenagers can damage their hearing from listening to music too loud. It was meant as a metaphore that policing peoples lives is a slippery slope.

I guess your book could work if they get fat enough and fall on a small child killing it, while holding a bag of chips, due to having a heart attack.

That 2 Fast 2 Furious guy that entered that Porsche could as well have died behind the wheel of a regular car, plenty of idiots do every day by doing stupid shit. Why not just ban driving in general.

I hate how responsible peoples right are always brought into question when someone doing something stupid is killed or kills someone else. I have heard plenty of talk on the news and elsewhere that people shouldn't have the right to own cars like that. they are dangerous. I call bullshit.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:02 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
It's very hard to accidentally kill another person with alcohol.

Drinking and driving.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:03 pm 

Delta_Wing wrote:
I guess your book could work if they get fat enough and fall on a small child killing it, while holding a bag of chips, due to having a heart attack.

Boring. My idea is way better.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:04 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Delta_Wing wrote:

Boring. My idea is way better.

Never said your idea wasn't great.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:06 pm 

Hey Wilytank, while we're at it why not ban books they could give people ideas on how to kill people LOL.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:32 pm 

Delta_Wing wrote:
inhumanist wrote:
It's very hard to accidentally kill another person with heaphones, potato chips and alcohol.

Drinking and driving.

That's why that is illegal. Notice a theme?
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:38 pm 

Delta_Wing wrote:
Hey Wilytank, while we're at it why not ban books they could give people ideas on how to kill people LOL.

I'm sure they'll bring back the PMRC and ban music first so we don't have kids running around everywhere because Cannibal Corpse says you should fuck people with knives because that's what the cool kids are doing.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:43 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
That's why that is illegal. Notice a theme?

Yes I do.

So is driving along at 200 mph anywhere except for the Autobahn, the Isle of Man, or in the Outback. Alcohol is completely legal, while drinking and driving, or pissing in a public fountain is not. 200 mph cars are legal if they meet the DOT/ Tüv requirements. Driving 200 or even 100 in a posted speed limit is not. The one fellow said that these cars should be limited.
Why? Because some people can't follow the rules. If that's the case ban everything which could harm someone if they do it in excess.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:49 pm 

inhumanist wrote:

Sorry to butt in, but is accidentalness relevant? Alcohol causes a fair amount of deaths to people other than the drinker, and not by accident. Alcohol-related violence is one good reason to consider some kind of bans or restrictions for alcohol.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:06 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Alcohol-related violence is one good reason to consider some kind of bans or restrictions for alcohol.

No its not, last thing anyone needs is a black market for alcohol...

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:15 pm 

Byrain wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
Alcohol-related violence is one good reason to consider some kind of bans or restrictions for alcohol.

No its not, last thing anyone needs is a black market for alcohol...

This - too many people enjoy alcohol and it's too far into the fabric of our society for it to be expected to largely go away if banned. The Prohibition didn't work for a reason. People wouldn't stop drinking, but criminals would make a hell of a lot of money. The alcohol that would be produced would have no standard of quality and it would be end up getting cut with things you probably wouldn't willingly ingest. Massive police resources would be wasted enforcing the ban, and many people would needlessly get criminal records resulting in more people employers wouldn't hire thus creating a drain on the economy. You get the picture.

Random observation I made today. I did two papers for this course and I thought I did the same on both of them. There was one difference between how I did them - the first completely sober and the second I smoked a bowl beforehand and had about five beers while making my way though the paper. I got 68% on the sober one and 83% on the one I wrote while a bit tipsy. I have to admit, I am slightly perplexed.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:26 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:

The United States tried that 90 years ago, and look what happened there.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:34 pm 

Subrick, while you're here, just wanted to say I saw that you redid your Waking the Cadaver. Probably a good thing, nothing makes me roll my eyes more than a reviewer having 0% scores for both Waking the Cadaver's debut and Enmity (sorry Mikey C, you're still the man).

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:41 pm 

I wrote my initial WtC review over 3 years ago. I went back and (tried to) read it again and just plain could not get through it because of how poorly written it was, hence my making fun of the old review in the opening paragraph. That and my views on the album obviously changed from "This is the worst piece of shit ever" to "This sucks, but there's far worse out there", so I felt a re-review was necessary.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352 ... 518  Next