Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:09 pm 

Yeah well it's over, it's honestly been over since Tuesday night. I never realized how many people are lurking on this board until something on FFA comes up that warrants a snarky response, then BAM they converge. Just let it go, guys. SLK got a laugh out of it, so I am satisfied. I posted a followup today because I knew he would enjoy it, but I'm done. Move along....nothing more to see here..
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:11 pm 

Would calling this the shittiest FFA yet just further perpetuate it?
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:12 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Would calling this the shittiest FFA yet just further perpetuate it?

Nah, that would just be accurate actually.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:15 pm 

*attempting to change topic*

Esoteric's The Pernicious Enigma is really great for a two way drive that's about an hour each way. It's interesting listening to disc 1, on the morning on my way up to my destination and disc 2 in the dark on my way back. Problem is that I feel like I have to listen to them in that order. I can't just listen to disc 2 on the way up and disc 1 on the return. That's not the correct order of events! There's a glitch in the Matrix! This world's not real!

painfulserenity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:03 am 

It would appear that I missed 10 pages of questionable material.

Pushing the conversation forward...today I was replacing the resonator on my car with my dad, and we cut through some rusted bolts that we shouldn't have, considering they are permanently attached to the catalytic converter. And the best part is that my car is an Acura, and now sounds like a complete ricer. So now I need to bring it into a shop and pay fuckloads more money on my 16 year old car.

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:05 am 

we alone cast the shadows,
of what we once were..

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:07 am 

Ah, the dreaded bumblebee-in-a-can sound. You can't cut and clamp a spacer pipe in there in the meantime? The resonator doesn't change that much really, as long as the muffler is still on. You are basically dumping right after the headers right now, which must be obnoxious as all get out.

Actually reminds me, I was driving my LT1 Camaro home from work one night and I had recently put a new exhaust system on it, and one of the hangers that held the muffler on rusted and broke, and the entire thing came unlodged from the headers (cat. converter removed, naturally) and was sparking on the ground behind me. Some cops came by to help and gave me some caution tape to tie it back up temporarily with, which was worth a laugh. Regardless, it was still open right after the headers, and an LT1 is basically just a fuel injected 350, so you could only imagine how gut-wrenchingly loud it was. I was setting car alarms off as I idled through neighborhoods, sounded so freakin' mean.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

painfulserenity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:25 am 

Yeah, it's right on the flange between the cat and the resonator that we cut the bolts. We were going to just clamp a section of pipe on it but decided we might as well make use of the replacement resonator I bought. Plus there were a couple of other spots that were starting to rust through.

I just want a new fucking car. Who wants to buy me one? I'm looking at getting a 2011 BMW 335i coupe with a manual transmission. So if anyone is willing to throw that my way, that would be great :lol:

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 am 

why wrote:
Oh god, I just realized I never listened to the last two songs of Iron Maiden's "Dance of Death" because for some reason I dindn't rip them to Mp3 back then and I've been using the same Mp3 rip since f'n 2003!!
Thrilled as fuck right now!

Ten years without Journeyman? That... sucks. I don't know how you made it to 2014.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:01 am 

Nochielo wrote:
why wrote:
Oh god, I just realized I never listened to the last two songs of Iron Maiden's "Dance of Death" because for some reason I dindn't rip them to Mp3 back then and I've been using the same Mp3 rip since f'n 2003!!

Ten years without Journeyman? That... sucks. I don't know how you made it to 2014.

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:03 am 

Napero wrote:
The talk about gore and poop videos, drama queens, and everything you might think is something Napero wouldn't like should cease now. I'm really tempted to close down this bazaar for a while right now.

Also, I want to have a Metal Archives meeting somewhere, and serve Morrigan some fava beans and liver. On the flight there, I'll let OzzyApu have a taste of marinated cauliflower, and defenester anyone trying to sneak out beer cans with my fingerprints on them. We'll let a bunch of pigs have a taste of Crick, and feed Derigin his own frontal lobes. It's all great fun!

Wait.. wait.. wait... should I be concerned about visiting you this summer?

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:28 am 

So I've had two guys tell me to check out Diskord (one being a Norweigian, so he's probably just proud of them). But yeah, I've heard they're seriously good. Gonna listen to Doomscapes since that's the only album which has a review on MA. Any feedback?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:33 am 

I wanted to like them, but they try a little too hard at being "all weird, all the time!" for my tastes.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:44 am 

If anyone wants poop stories, here you go... :oh shit:
http://shittystories.com/

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:51 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
I wanted to like them, but they try a little too hard at being "all weird, all the time!" for my tastes.

Yeah, not sure if they're really trying hard though. It's a bit eclectic from what little I could hear. This track for instance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9BTqVRMOUI

Edit: GG with the whole Korea teaching gig, brah. Hope the change in scenes will help you.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:10 am 

The poop talk stop here. No exceptions.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:37 am 

Album recordings finished :) it has been one hell of a week, but now our (the band's) part is mostly done.

I also need someone to talk me out of buying a guitar amp that costs almost 1900€.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:47 am 

That sure as shit ain't gonna be me. BUY IT! :grin:

My collection

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:53 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Album recordings finished :) it has been one hell of a week, but now our (the band's) part is mostly done.

I also need someone to talk me out of buying a guitar amp that costs almost 1900€.

Oh oh oh, does that mean I can finally get a proper copy of that soon? Please say yes, please.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:08 am 

Derigin wrote:
Wait.. wait.. wait... should I be concerned about visiting you this summer?

No! Nononono...! What gives you that idea? Everything in cool and nice, and I have beer. And you don't really need those frontal lobes, they just give you emotions and stuff. Overrated lumps, they are.

In other news, I failed to wake up to the sound of my alarm clock this morning, and even the Booby Animal's command to have coffee didn't help. It took Horna the Cat, sitting on my chest with his 6 kg bulk, gently bitch-slapping the side of my nose with a face that essentially said "it would seem to, like, everybody, that this is a perfect time to feed a starving little cute poor kitten, don't you think? Do you? DO YOU??!!" for me to manage to get up.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:03 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:

Awesome! Get some limited edition merch too while you're at it. Btw, will the full length include songs from your previous demo? That sounded quite raw and was probably mixed amateurly (amirite?). I listen to that from time to time and I love Irrational Bloodlust.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 am 

Nochielo wrote:
why wrote:

But..don't you see! - that makes him the Journeyman! :)

Ilwhyan wrote:

Do it Ilwhyan :evil:

What kinda amp costs 1900? ...
http://www.youtube.com/v/EqvYNlUIx8Q

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:47 pm 

shouvince wrote:
So I've had two guys tell me to check out Diskord (one being a Norweigian, so he's probably just proud of them). But yeah, I've heard they're seriously good. Gonna listen to Doomscapes since that's the only album which has a review on MA. Any feedback?

Ah yeah, love these guys. Both albums are really good, but Doomscapes is definitely were it's at. They are definitely bizzaro, but I don't think they just use that to cover up a lack of ability elsewhere. They're really good at it and really make it work.

LlamaTrainer wrote:
Blame Rattus.

Yeah, she really made the FFA stupid for a while. Felt the need to post every single inanity of her everyday life and respond to just about everything she could.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:01 pm 

She get banned then? Weird.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:04 pm 

From what I was told, she "ragequitted", which is a bannable offense. She couldn't take the daily MA ribbing apparently.

Last.fm

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
From what I was told, she "ragequitted", which is a bannable offense.

Why is that? Did the problem not solve itself?
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 pm 

Seems a bit redundant, but oh well - she's not coming back so we can all rejoice that the FFA is now free from the scourge that is her constant thread-pollution.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:29 pm 

And the one time she did post in the metal discussion section, her post wasn't even about metal, so I'm lead to believe she never once talked about metal.

Oh well. Nothing of value was lost. At least her "I'm better than all of you because I'm leaving here" post was hilarious in all the wrong ways.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:32 pm 

Subrick wrote:
At least her "I'm better than all of you because I'm leaving here" post was hilarious in all the wrong ways.

I so want to read that.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:33 pm 

She was alright. Way less retarded than most annoyingly retarded posters. I am much more annoying, for instance.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:35 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
I so want to read that.

Rattus wrote:
You know what, Subrick, thank-you for repeating that sentiment. Many of you guys apparently have a problem with me and never once maturely discussed the exact reason as to why. And since I'm already having enough stuff going on and I'm getting all this crap here, you get your wish. This is my last post ever on here. I deserve better than a bunch of people acting like I did something wrong and never explaining why. That's right, I'm better. Not even going to read what anyone says back so don't bother. Goodbye, and try growing up someday.

Last.fm

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:38 pm 

I don't know, that seems pretty reasonable. Personal shit collides with stupid online shit and just makes everything worse. I also have no idea how she posted before, really.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:48 pm 

All hail Subrick! Now that toilets are out of the discussion, the drummer is the only guy whose throne we can talk about.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:50 pm 

Erosion of Humanity: Yep, we're planning to release it physically. Unless we're going to be really, really disappointed with the end results, there will ve a CD and some kind of promotion.

Crushed: >:/

Shouvince: For this one we re-recorded Devoured By Hatred and Shadow and Flame. Personally I plan to see all the demo tracks re-recorded eventually.

The album will sound better, but probably not by an enormous margin. The recording and mixing was indeed an amateur job, and this time we had a guy with easily professional-level skills (if not necessarily in metal, though). We used the same space, however which has a raw/horrible sound to it. You can look forward to hearing vastly improved vocals though!

It's very awesome that there are some people who are excited to hear our new stuff. :)

Mindshadow: ENGL Savage 120w. It's not even expensive comapred to what Mesa amps cost here - add 1000€ to that to get a Mark V!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:52 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
All hail Subrick! Now that toilets are out of the discussion, the drummer is the only guy whose throne we can talk about.

Mine is actually partially broken. The slot for the backrest is permanently lopsided after a tom case fell on the thing during a drive to the studio, meaning that the backrest itself will always be very slightly leaning to the left. My Aspergers ridden brain is annoyed like hell about that while many others would not care one way or the other.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:56 pm 

Subrick wrote:
so I'm lead to believe she never once talked about metal.

I've seen this before, in local metal venues and circles. Girls that don't seem to talk about metal like, never and are very immersed on metalhead's lifes and other stuff, like partying or talking nonsensical shit. Maybe they are attracted by the 'subculture'?

I know a case of a friend whose now wife went to the gigs where he played and headbanged and stuff but she never knew the songs or anything about metal. It was funny to see her mimicking to be singing along but she never knew the lyrics or the song sections at all. Eventually she got to talk with him and joined the friend's group to drink and stuff; always praising the band without much substance/actual description of what she liked. Now she listen metal but only what the guy listens. Then he posts Rihanna videos on Fb. Weird.

Last edited by Kveldulfr on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:57 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:

Mine is actually partially broken. The slot for the backrest is permanently lopsided after a tom case fell on the thing during a drive to the studio, meaning that the backrest itself will always be very slightly leaning to the left. My Aspergers ridden brain is annoyed like hell about that while many others would not care one way or the other.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Stop being so fat, Subrick.

:oh shit:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:03 pm 

Hey, for all the fat jokes, I'm much less girthy now (210 lbs.) than I was two years ago at this time (255 lbs.).

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:04 pm 

Yeah, let's not make gender stereotypes based on anecdotical evidence. All the female metalheads I know are knowledgeable enough and often listen to much better bands than the guys too! The only observation I've made is that females are sometimes much more interested in metal apparel like patch vests - I mean that they seem to spend a lot of time designing theirs, since they look fantastic and really detailed.

Most also seem less likely to shove their metalness in others' faces in that obnoxious poseurly way.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:09 pm 

Ilwhyan - Ah, that sounds good. Vocals seemed okay on the demo, slightly distant and shout-y screams. With regards to the production, I'm sure you'll retain that element of rawness too. Looking forward to hearing the final product!

dystopia4 wrote:
Ah yeah, love these guys. Both albums are really good, but Doomscapes is definitely were it's at. They are definitely bizzaro, but I don't think they just use that to cover up a lack of ability elsewhere. They're really good at it and really make it work.

Yeah man, I intend to check both albums out. Bizzaro death metal can be tedious and tiresome at times, but I'll give these guys a proper listen. Gonna space it out. So far it's just been samples on youtube, which seem quite good.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, 447 ... 518  Next