Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:09 pm 

So for my business class I am suppose to interview an entrepreneur and ask them a few questions. The business I originally intended to interview never responded my email but I thought it would be a good idea to come here since a lot of you have your own labels or record stores. Basically I want to know why you started, how you went about starting up, risk you took, do you have any partners, have you ever worked for a label/ record store before, are there any corporate ties in your business,challenges you face, would you do it again, what do you think it takes for a business like yours to be successful, has your business changed at all from where it started, and what are your future plans?

I'm also interested in eventually starting my own home label at some point whenever I can get the money to get the money to have a significant amount of cd's printed out (3-5 albums/ ep's with 15-20 copies each) and I want to know how you go about finding bands willing to let you put their music out, how do you split the profit, how frequently can you generally expect to carry out orders for more underground bands, and other things I should know before I go into this.

Thanks, Big_Grand

Reply to topic