Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
iloveblackmetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 pm 

I dont think this is the right place to discuss this but anyway.

And I dont want to be a whiner. But Im 14 and I have a muscle disorder that makes me weak sometimes but most of the time you cant even see it.
But it makes me like sad often.

My question is: If somebody here has a disability how do you cope with it?

Sometimes i cant even play guitar!
It feels like im going crazy :(

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:38 pm 

I'm autistic, which means I feel really uncomfortable when I'm around people. The only time when I don't feel this is when I'm alone or when I'm talking to people on the internet. When I talk to people on the internet, I have plenty of time to think of a response, but in real life, you have to come up with a response on the fly, and I'm bad at that.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:17 pm 

A disability is supposed to be something debilitating.

First of all, I think disabilities of the mental variety, there's a lot of gray area with diagnosis and actual medical condition. Making a proper medical judgment based solely off of a persons patterns of behavior is ridiculously subjective.

I especially dislike when you're giving kids medications. My mom told me that they started giving me anti anxiety medication when I was in 2nd grade, when the conversation of taking it again came up. I stopped taking it around 12th grade, I think. So about a year ago. It kind of pisses me of that you'd essentially drug a second grader, who can't make a mature decision whether or not they (or I) want it. In about 7th grade, I decided I didn't need ADHD medication so I stopped taking it without my parent's knowledge. When they found out, there was a consensus that no one noticed a difference. Now, I don't take ANY medication. It's exactly the way I want things to be.

Fitting the mold of society is what it's all about. Not to sound like a complainer, it's more of something that just needs to be accepted. Sure, I get really pissed off, a lot. That's just ME though. First of all, I hate the term autism. I hate the term autism because it has been applied to me in real life. People actually told me I had it and it has sort of given me a disdain for it. I think it's bullshit.
I think anxiety is what they mistook as autism when I was a child. It was supposedly used as an "excuse" to get me out of trouble when I was younger. I remember my mom telling me that once. That really pisses me off. I don't care if other people think they have it. I completely renounce any notion, or any association of autism in myself. I think i'm sociable enough. I feel perfectly comfortable around other people, talking to other people, I don't fucking freak out at loud noises. None of that shit applies to me. I'm not even good at math.

So the point is, all these things were supposedly applying to me, when in reality I was subject to the judgment of doctors who didn't know what the fuck they were doing, and have been drugging me for a huge portion of my life. I am a fully functional individual. A disability is supposed to be something debilitating. Don't fill your children's heads with ideas of what to think they are.

Last edited by metaldiscussor666 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm 

Quote:
First of all, I hate the term autism. I think it's bullshit.

Why do you think the term autism is bs? Just because you don't have it doesn't mean that other people don't.

Quote:
Second, I think anxiety sounds like a really weak thing. It sounds emo and babyish.

Wow, your so edgy. :roll:

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:48 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
Quote:
First of all, I hate the term autism. I think it's bullshit.

Why do you think the term autism is bs? Just because you don't have it doesn't mean that other people don't.

Quote:
Second, I think anxiety sounds like a really weak thing. It sounds emo and babyish.

Wow, your so edgy. :roll:

Ahem, not working. Nice try.

I'll rectify a couple things. when writing all that, it may not have been entirely 100% as clear as I wanted it to be. It's a bit far from what someone would call a good writing.

Thing 1: I hate the term autism because it has been applied to me in real life. People actually told me I had it and it has sort of given me a disdain for it.

Thing 2: If I was edgy, I'd dye my hair black, go outside and walk around in all black and flick people off. I'm actually a rather modest person. I don't think it would be an overstatement to say you don't know me.

Let me just reiterate what I last said for extra emphasis, just for you. You. Don't. Know. Me.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:54 pm 

Does anyone here know you? Maybe there's a couple who do, but if most of us only have "I think anxiety sounds like a really weak thing. It sounds emo and babyish." to go off of, you're probably going to get labeled as "edgy" or whatever by more than a few people.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 pm 

To think people actually try to get a concept of me through reading my posts :roll:

That's probably something I don't regularly consider.

I don't think there's a single person on this forum who knows me and that is perfectly swell to me.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Edgy seems like a bit of a buzz word to me. If you've already managed to gain that concept of me, that I gain a disdain for certain things, I think you shouldn't have a problem understanding then.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:04 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
To think people actually try to get a concept of me through reading my posts :roll:

This is exactly why people are calling you edgy.
Hehe, foreskins.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm 

Crick wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:

This is exactly why people are calling you edgy.

What the ***k does edgy even mean to you? Can you rephrase with a less vague word?

I think you missed my point. I don't even know how someone could gain a concept of me through reading my posts. It's because in fact they do not know me, I feel like I can be a little more unrestrained in terms of the things I say.

I feel like somewhere, somehow, I've created a mis-communication. That's where you come into play. You use that word "edgy." It's been used numerous times. Probably more times than I could imagine. Yet the word really doesn't convey any meaning. That's why I consider it a stupid word. A buzz word. Yet i'm not entirely sure.

As for why I feel anxiety is babyish, emo sounding. I'm just basing it off of what I think others would think. I was trying to defuse the possibility of getting picked on for having anxiety. Maybe that sounds edgy to you. I guess that's something for me to consider.

while we're on the subject of picking on others, that's what I feel like you're doing. sometimes I feel like everyone's just trying to get a rise out of me. Maybe i'm too paranoid?

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:02 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
A disability is supposed to be something debilitating.

And how are anxiety and autism not debilitating? Parts of your post just came off to me as being insensitive and childish, hence me calling you "edgy".

Quote:
while we're on the subject of picking on others, that's what I feel like you're doing. sometimes I feel like everyone's just trying to get a rise out of me. Maybe i'm too paranoid?

Yeah sure, everybody on this forum that disagrees with you is really secretly just trying to get a rise out of you. I guess you found us out. :roll:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 pm 

God, metaldiscussor, just shut the fuck up. This thread is over.

BTW, he's gone for 2 weeks 'cause his mom refused to trash all the junk food in his house.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.