Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:22 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
(...) my opinions on his music aside, it's always sad when somebody dies young, especially when doing something that they enjoy. Plus, he had a young daughter. Pretty sad situation all around.

My thoughts can be summed up precisely by this. I cannot bring myself to give a shit about SS as a band, but this situation still sucks for a lot of people. My condolences go to the dude's family and friends.

Also, to the people rejoicing on the man's death; what does it feel like being forced to go to church every Sunday with your mom?

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SluseTheInventor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:25 pm 

Reginald wrote:
It's not that sad, really. There is a rather obvious bright side to this.

Woah, now that's what I call edgy.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:36 pm 

EmeraldEdge9832 wrote:
I know this may sound harsh, but I really am not sad one bit about this, and there's even a small degree of happiness that I derive from this. I'm sorry but I hate Suicide Silence that much. So much that seeing them die literally is not at all a bad thing for me.

Reginald wrote:

There's a difference between not liking the dude's music and being a dick. Both of you are hugely retarded cunts for thinking his death is somehow on "the bright side of things." Fuck off.

Honestly didn't like Suicide Silence, but seeing stuff like this is always sad. It must be crushing for his wife and daughter. Terrible to see things like this happen. RIP.

Obligatory Last FM Link

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm 

Yeah, this is sad. I like Suicide Silence so this is unfortunate news for the band, his family, friends, and fans.

R.I.P.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:48 pm 

Well I don't like the band, but the people who are celebrating his death are quite pathetic. I would never celebrate someone's death or wish death on someone just because they like or play a style of music that I don't like. You all honestly make metal fans look bad.

impudent
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:50 pm 

I am indifferent to Suicide Silence and their music, but Mitch seemed to be a very humble, down-to-earth and a charitable person; I haven't found a video or any evidence of this, but I heard that Mitch and SS used some of their money from the SS shirts hey had sold and used it to buy toys for childen as Christmas presents. Mitch most likely enjoyed what he was doing, and it must be devastating for his family to have to go through this. RIP

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:57 pm 

sucks, met the dude one time by chance, seemed pretty cool.

Bummer he was so young.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

EmeraldEdge9832
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:38 pm 

Ok, I'm not happy or celebrating this death, but at the same time I don't care whatsoever. There's no reason to be sad unless you were a fan of the band, because tons of people are constantly dying every day; there's no way you can be sad about all of them or you'll constantly be depressed.

Isn't metal-archives where lots of supposed elitist metalheads go? SS isn't allowed on the website because of their style, as is the case with many types of "metal". I would have thought that there would be quite a handful of people around here happy about it because of the elitist "true metal" attitude that this place has a reputation for. Not that I'm saying they should be happy, but I just expected more of that reaction on this place. Has that elitist reputation changed?

The point is, SS is clearly one of the false metal bands or else they would have been accepted into this website. Why are there so many people here upset about this death?

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:39 pm 

EmeraldEdge9832 wrote:
Why are there so many people here upset about this death?

I like their music.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm 

EmeraldEdge9832 wrote:
Isn't metal-archives where lots of supposed elitist metalheads go? SS isn't allowed on the website because of their style, as is the case with many types of "metal". I would have thought that there would be quite a handful of people around here happy about it because of the elitist "true metal" attitude that this place has a reputation for. Not that I'm saying they should be happy, but I just expected more of that reaction on this place. Has that elitist reputation changed?

Yeah, because enjoying "true metal" means you are obligated to exhibit a total disregard for the life of shitty -core posers. :ugh: I honestly pity you if you find reason to ignore the tragedy involved in someone's death just because they played a watered-down, more popular version of the genres you like.

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 pm 

EmeraldEdge9832 wrote:
Ok, I'm not happy or celebrating this death, but at the same time I don't care whatsoever. There's no reason to be sad unless you were a fan of the band, because tons of people are constantly dying every day; there's no way you can be sad about all of them or you'll constantly be depressed.

Then why are you commenting on this thread for? If you don't care about Mitch's death, then you should not be in this thread in the first place.

And that goes for ANY of you that posted the same thing as EmeraldEdge9832. If you guys honestly care about Mitch's death (fan or not), then you can comment on here. If not, then go away.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 pm 

EmeraldEdge9832 wrote:

Normally its not put out there like this particular death is. It happens all the time, but people don't tend to think about it. When its more exposed like this death is; when you see pictures of a father and his daughter, knowing that the father is now dead, how can you not feel at least a little bit sad?

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 pm 

OK, apparently I actually have to say this:

1. No, people cannot literally mourn and feel sad about every single death that happens. If you use that argument to justify posting 'I DON'T CARE' shit on death threads, though, you're a moron. Death should be treated with at least normal human dignity.

2. If you actually factor in your enjoyment of the band's music into your opinion about this death, and I cannot stress this enough, you're a horrible person and have the emotional maturity of a rock.

Seriously...how is there even an argument in this thread at all?

SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 pm 

I can't stand Suicide Silence's music and Mitch managed to get the mic cord stuck around my neck when they were supporting Behemoth back in 2007 or 2008 (purely accidental of course)

But this is still tragic. I may have hated his music but the guy was obviously passionate and gave his all into his performance. I feel really bad for his fans, bandmates, friends and family. 28 is about 40 years too young to go. The fact that he had a young daughter only heightens the sadness of this. RIP.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:05 pm 

Empyreal wrote:

1. No, people cannot literally mourn and feel sad about every single death that happens. If you use that argument to justify posting 'I DON'T CARE' shit on death threads, though, you're a moron. Death should be treated with at least normal human dignity.

2. If you actually factor in your enjoyment of the band's music into your opinion about this death, and I cannot stress this enough, you're a horrible person and have the emotional maturity of a rock.

This post is great. I had to refrain myself (and got restrained!) to ban some moronic users.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 298739
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Reginald wrote:

Aaaand there we have it, the first "TODAY IS A VICTORY FOR TRUE METAL" post I've seen all day. Congrats. :roll:

This really, really sucks. The Cleansing is a contender for my favorite deathcore album of all time.

As br00tal and HEAVY AS FUCK!! as I'm sure it was for everybody let's take a moment to give a big hand to suicide silence for a decade of binary tabs and mixed martial arts in the mosh pit, relating to misunderstood teenagers everywhere.

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:27 pm 

I'm not going to pretend for a second that I like Suicide Silence for any reason other than that I like music which is br00tal and HEAVY AS FUCK!! I'm not a man of refined tastes whatsoever.

Slaytanic55
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:58 pm 

I absolutely hate SS with every fiber of my being. I just never understood the watered-down shit that seems to be only popular among 15-year old girls/tough guys(Excluding you, of course, MikeyC), but does that mean I'm glad he's dead? Of course not. Granted, I'm not going to cry about it, but I don't want anyone to die. I can hate someone(Like some of the dicks posting on this thread) with every fiber of my being, but it doesn't mean I want them to die, or even be in pain for a split second. I don't want ANYONE to die, be hurt, mamed, raped, etc. Which is why I consider myself strongly anti-capital punishment. No one deserves that.

Sorry for a bit of rant, but I felt it was needed.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:10 am 

This fucking sucks. Mitch was THE definitive deathcore vocalist, and Suicide Silence deserves huge amounts of praise for taking the 2000s metalcore sound and making it brutal as fuck (i.e. replacing melodeath parts with legit death metal). SS was one of my favorite metal bands in the current scene and I'm crushed that I wasn't able to see them the 2 chances I had. These guys pretty much revitalized the metal scene, introduced metal to millions of kids and made it clear that heavy, brutal music is still kinda economically viable from a label/tour point of view. Any fan of brutality is cheating themselves if they never gave SS a chance.

RIP dude. The doctors won't able to recognize your fucking faaaaace
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

~Guest 298739
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 am 

TheExodusAttack wrote:
SS was one of my favorite metal bands

Silly scenekid SS isn't metal

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:19 am 

TheExodusAttack wrote:
This fucking sucks. Mitch was THE definitive deathcore vocalist, and Suicide Silence deserves huge amounts of praise for taking the 2000s metalcore sound and making it brutal as fuck (i.e. replacing melodeath parts with legit death metal). SS was one of my favorite metal bands in the current scene and I'm crushed that I wasn't able to see them the 2 chances I had. These guys pretty much revitalized the metal scene, introduced metal to millions of kids and made it clear that heavy, brutal music is still kinda economically viable from a label/tour point of view. Any fan of brutality is cheating themselves if they never gave SS a chance.

RIP dude. The doctors won't able to recognize your fucking faaaaace

Agree completely demcat ;)

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Crypt Infektor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:22 am 

Suicycle Silence...

Anyways, why should I care about some YOLO-tard? I feel more sorry for the kid and wife this fucker left behind.

~Guest 298739
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:27 am 

Crypt Infektor wrote:
Suicycle Silence...

Anyways, why should I care about some YOLO-tard? I feel more sorry for the kid and wife this fucker left behind.

This, and I've been trying to think of a play on words for them for ages.

EDIT: I've also noticed that MA has softened up tenfold in the last, well, very long time. I remember posts from Morrigan like "Please stop submitting -core bands. Thanks." Now it's essentially like the way Blacks got freedom in America, and if you laugh at a band for being dime-a-dozen deathcore that you're being childish or how can anyone take you seriously.

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 am 

Uhhh, it's not really that you have to be nice to -core bands or else you'll get called childish, it's more like not cheering over someone's death with the damning justification that they played music which you happened to not really enjoy (!). Not liking a genre of music is one thing, extending that artistic disdain to general persecution and hatred towards the people who choose to play it is certainly another; and to act like something is amiss when others point out to you the difference between the two is moronic.

Kerber
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 am 

Empyreal wrote:

Pretty much this.

Nhor wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:
SS was one of my favorite metal bands

Silly scenekid SS isn't metal

Crypt Infektor wrote:
Suicycle Silence...

Try harder.

~Guest 298739
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:05 am 

Kerber wrote:

Try harder.

This is what I'm talking about where people assume you'd have to put conscious thought and careful planning into making fun of a band so awful.

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 am 

Again, do you honestly expect them to turn a blind eye to your behavior after you show that your reaction to someone's death is to praise or belittle them based not on their personal merits, but your opinion of the music they played?

Crypt Infektor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 am 

He had a family and yet he says some stupid shit like "I'd rather die riding 95 than live a life full of nothing but filthy lies." Fuck him. This has nothing to do with his music or anything. Its just I think someone that fucking pitiful about his life and doesn't realize how good he ACTUALLY has it, can FOAD for all I care.

Onikage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:42 am 

impudent wrote:
I am indifferent to Suicide Silence and their music, but Mitch seemed to be a very humble, down-to-earth and a charitable person; I haven't found a video or any evidence of this, but I heard that Mitch and SS used some of their money from the SS shirts hey had sold and used it to buy toys for childen as Christmas presents. Mitch most likely enjoyed what he was doing, and it must be devastating for his family to have to go through this. RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVHZWdN37Dc

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 am 

Crypt Infektor wrote:
He had a family and yet he says some stupid shit like "I'd rather die riding 95 than live a life full of nothing but filthy lies." Fuck him. This has nothing to do with his music or anything. Its just I think someone that fucking pitiful about his life and doesn't realize how good he ACTUALLY has it, can FOAD for all I care.

Oh wow, he says semi-angsty statements about living a life full of lies? Clearly this is a man incapable of appreciating the life he has and consequently deserving of death!

Crypt Infektor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:49 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Crypt Infektor wrote:

Oh wow, he says semi-angsty statements about living a life full of lies? Clearly this is a man incapable of appreciating the life he has and consequently deserving of death!

Sure, why not.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:49 am 

Onikage wrote:
impudent wrote:

That was great.

Last.fm

Riffs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:53 am 

I never heard of that band. Just took a quick listen and... well, that's not my thing.

But shit, 28 is way too early. People who have lost a parent around that age can relate. Shit, any father can probably also imagine how horrible it would be to leave your kids like that.

Also, personally, I'm never happy to see a a fellow musician (no matter what I think of his music) or biker pass away.

And I love that vid you posted, Onikage! It's cool to see the little motherfuckers' faces light up when they see all these toys :D

Seems like he was a cool dude, RIP.

Dysphaegic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 am 

Onikage wrote:
impudent wrote:

That.. was awesome. Right in the heart, man.. right in the heart.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:37 am 

He was a very energetic frontman, and one that puts the vast majority of brutal death metal vocalists to shame. That much is true about him I saw them live and they were great, and seeing them in a small house show when they were barely starting out to and crowdkilling scene kids was a memory I won't soon forget. Good times from their EP and first album, but his death doesn't really get me going as badly as when Dio passed on. I guess R.I.P

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:40 am 

Onikage wrote:

Oh, man. I forgot all about this! Saw this a while ago and I guess it just hits a little harder now.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:36 am 

Not a fan, but what a shitty thing to happen.

~Guest 298739
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:30 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Again, do you honestly expect them to turn a blind eye to your behavior after you show that your reaction to someone's death is to praise or belittle them based not on their personal merits, but your opinion of the music they played?

Actually, it's based on both but the last thing I would expect is for any post to go ignored.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:12 am 

I think Suicide Silence sucks, but motorcycle accidents are tough shit. RIP

Deviante
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 am 

Onikage wrote:

Man... That's just truly great of him/them.

I never hated SS, nor did I ever really care for them. The few songs I heard off them weren't too bad if I recall correctly. But what sucks is that the band did have lots of genuine fans and people who took inspiration from the band and that such a big-hearted guy as Mitch had to go at the young age of 28.

RIP, Mitch.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next