Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:57 am 

I recently heard a lame pop song on a commercial about a diabetes blood test machine! It is like "accucheck nano you are so pain free, only a drop of blood pleases me!" Makes me barf.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:05 pm 

The thread about pop music redirecting here when this isn't about pop music got a legit chuckle out of me.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:07 pm 

Commercials in general are incredibly annoying sometimes. I feel that commercials take certain songs and just wash them up to hell. Take the beatles, there's been some horrible cover artists, as OP said. Take the riff from AC/DC's back in black, it's in so many random car commercials and just commercials in general. High energy classical music definitely gets ruined when it's played behind a commercial for some family film (http://listverse.com/2011/04/07/top-10- ... -melodies/). Every time I hear most really famous classical music songs I think of horrible horrible cinema, which is nothing short of a travesty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJQgyGMqosw My current lest favorite commercial is for the Shark vacuum steamer. The worst thing for me in a commercial usually isn't the music though. I don't care for the music in that "Old time rock and roll" song in the first place - however it's definitely annoying. It's usually the commercial itself that annoys me.

In every one of these stupid shark vacuum commercials, everyone is always way overly exuberant. Over exuberance always pisses me off in commercials. It makes me sick that these producers think that people people get positive association out of seeing that smiling child; or that attractive, overly exuberant person. This positive association technique is most prevalent (but not exclusively) in Walmart and McDonalds commercials.

Whether it be using smiling children or overly happy - pretty people eating junk food, it always pisses me off. There's something just dishonest and sickening about people smiling about worthless crap that I would never use.

Too much commercials, not enough show, man. You get your show then an equal amount of time split into commercials on the block of the entire show.

Sorry that I didn't actually answer the OP the first time btw.

On a side note, this video does a great job explaining why MTV doesn't play music anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ysyZF-DZFY&feature=plcp

Last edited by metaldiscussor666 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.
TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:37 pm 

TV commercial music sucks? Puh-lease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRPwYe1EYA

THERE'S A MAAAEEEN FIGHTING FOR US!

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 pm 

TheUglySoldier wrote:
TV commercial music sucks? Puh-lease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRPwYe1EYA

THERE'S A MAAAEEEN FIGHTING FOR US!

Oh man.. fuck yeah!

I soo agree with that top comment on that video about original songs: "Cool concept + catchy song = hotness.
If they made more original songs for commercials then people won't treat them as a nuisance."

The SHM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:19 pm 

Admit it.
You're tired of listening to AC/DC's "Back In Black."
---
BACK IN BLACK. HIT THE SACK.
HEY-HEY- HE-EY, HEY!
---
That's the only frickin' part of this song anyone knows anymore.
And why?

Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
Black Friday.

And couple that with this generation's complete disknowledge of rock music to begin with...
Anything commercialized that has "Black" in its name now has to have Back in Black as backing music it seems.

It gets terrible when songs you love are abused by commercials. Perhaps that's why it's best 'good' music isn't popular?

BottomFeeder1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:07 am 

Because baby boomers have to be accommodated and radio djs have been castrated.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm 

Expedience wrote:
Commercial music is genius, really. One of the few forms of music with a real practical function beyond simply to be enjoyed or "appreciated", aside from maybe tribal ritual dances and church music. The amount of thought and effort going into a single commercial is probably ten times more than your average modern rock album.

Modern rock requires thought?

Doom777
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 pm 

I say be thankful they play this music,be thankful they don't play metal on commercials(i am)
i can see it now,Reign in Blood on a tampon commercial.
i would never listen to that song ever again.
because in my world i control my metal listening time(off from work time)i don't have t.v. or radio forcing it upon me.dont care for country,rap.
when i hear this stuff on t.v. radio,makes metal that more special,but i am surrounded by the above genres all the time.i don't have to let my coworkers listen to the radio,i allow them to because i want that style of music to drive me nuts.what i am saying is it makes me crave my music.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2