Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:43 pm 

This topic might have been made before, but I'm too lazy to go look for it.

I do some off and on work for a graphic design company, mostly we just do business cards, company logos, occasionally a website; I guess you could say it's just a hobby to make some quick pocket money. But in the past couple of weeks we've started focusing more on it, dug out an old heat press we had and started doing shirts and various merchandise on it. But the problem is that the subsequent product is pretty lacking in terms of quality. I want to get screening equipment (our budget is right around $300 at this point) so we can have some output worth showing off, but I really don't know where to start in terms of learning how to screen and finding the stuff I actually need.

Figured this board would be as good as any to ask, I'd guess quite a few of the members here have dabbled and know a thing or two about silkscreening.

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 am 

Lacking in what way? Is it the opacity of the paint on dark colors, or are the edges not crisp, or what? I've had good results on black with versatex inks, the opaque white and the pearlized colors. If it's the edges of designs, it could be somehting like the thread count on the screen itself, you can get more details with better screens, but they cost more.
CircleOfDestruction zine #18|Video-Nasties.net | My Art Site

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:06 pm 

At the bottom I have examples of shirts I made and I explain how I did my shirts and stuff. let me know if you want more info.

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89290

Reply to topic