Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:11 am 

Oh hi, I've been around for sometime but I hardly get time to post on the board. So the history behind my nick is kinda simple. Back in the day, I ran a website with a few friends which catered to the music scene in Dubai and around the middle east. It was called 'ShouScene'. 'Shou' in arabic means 'what?' (Pronounced as Shoo). So I very imaginatively took up the nick 'shouvince', because my name is Vincent >_>

There ya go!

Naturespawn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:03 am 

Well, i go few years back with this nickname. I play World of Warcraft, i was creating a new character and had to come up with a name. Wanted it to be something unique, don't really know whether i succeeded on that goal or not but i still like it and i guess that is what matters. I don't use this nickname much, because it's kind of long, and i'm lazy, but as i was registering to the Metal Archives, and i wanted something "metallish" and unique for my nickname, i choose this one. And that is the story behind my nickname.

Eppek Blade
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:49 am 

The name I'm using, Eppek Blade, is pretty simple. It's my actual name - Blake Deppe - with the letters rearranged. I'm all about anagrams.
My Last FM includes black metal, death metal, folk metal, viking metal, classic rock, southern rock, hard rock, classical, film score, folk, and blues. What it does not include, is enough metalheads to shoot the shit with. Add me.

http://www.last.fm/user/BlakeDeppe

Cianan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:35 am 

I'm of the most uninspired variety, I just used my first name.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:45 am 

Cianan wrote:
I'm of the most uninspired variety, I just used my first name.

Same here, although mine hasn't the final r (it's more like the Icelandic form Kveld-úlfr)

Littlewolf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:21 pm 

not very original, my nick is more or less accurate translation of my surname. in fact, it should be 'of the (family) of littlewolf', or littlewolf's child, or something like that...
ah, the intellectual lazyness....

uglijimus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:50 pm 

Littlewolf wrote:
not very original, my nick is more or less accurate translation of my surname. in fact, it should be 'of the (family) of littlewolf', or littlewolf's child, or something like that...

I rather like your signature!

Littlewolf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:23 pm 

uglijimus wrote:
Littlewolf wrote:

I rather like your signature!

the essential Python. what can I say, I like English humor...

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:49 pm 

I came up with it after coming home from a Rammstein show back in April, and had the song Engel on mind. It's supposed to be the German version of "Morbid Angel".

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:05 am 

"Morbider Engel" :-P
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

The SHM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:03 pm 

SHM means "Sadistic and Hateful Motherfucker".
No, actually, it means "Sky Hedgehogian Maestro."

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:27 pm 

6th grade science class. Was writing "diarrhea" in haste and the two "rr"s blurred together and looked like an "m". 14 years later, the legendary name continues to confuse and impress.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:15 am 

Diamhea wrote:
6th grade science class. Was writing "diarrhea" in haste and the two "rr"s blurred together and looked like an "m". 14 years later, the legendary name continues to confuse and impress.

So I guess Thorgrim_Honkronte guessed correctly. I thought the same thing too.

Burning_Missive
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 am 

Mine is from a story Henry Rollins told on his spoken word release A Rollins in the Wry. It was his way of describing a letter he got from a Czech fan named Boris. Very amusing story and I was able to find it on youtube, so have it at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuBNifd1iIk

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:59 am 

Delta Wing because I love planes with this type of wing layout.

Examples: Arvo Vulcan, Convair B-58 Hustler, Convair F-102 Delta Dagger, Convair F-106 Delta Dart, Sukhoi SU-9 and especially the Saab Viggen and Draken and the Dassault Mirage and Eurofighter Typhoon.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:41 pm 

thats quite cool. I recently saw a F102 at a open air museum in turkey. Never thought id see one irl.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am 

tomcat_ha wrote:
thats quite cool. I recently saw a F102 at a open air museum in turkey. Never thought id see one irl.

F102 is a favorite of mine, but I generally tend to be vintage fighter plane buff anyway. I also like old trains, antique trucks, steam tractors, cars (vintage European and vintage Mopar), vintage military stuff, the crazier and more far out there the better, Atomic Annie, V3 High Pressure Pump Gun and Schwerer Gustav as an example, stupid shit like that. Yep I'm a geek :-D

Yea I saw yours was about the F-14 earlier in this thread. Initially I thought "Tomcat_HA" could be about the plane or that you just thought of yourself as a Tomcat or your name was Tom like in Tom and Jerry. Really cool plane and great nickname btw, funny how you threw the HA on there.

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm 

"Grauer Mausling" is the german translation for "Gray Mouser", a character from my fave books/stories from Fritz Leiber whose heroes are named "Fafhrd & Gray Mouser".

Quote:
Fafhrd is a tall northern barbarian; Mouser is a small, mercurial thief, once known as Mouse and a former wizard's apprentice. Both are rogues, existing within a decadent world where to be so is a requirement of survival. They spend a lot of time drinking, feasting, wenching, brawling, stealing, and gambling, and are seldom fussy about who hires their swords. But they are humane and — most of all — relish true adventure.

While I in no way resemble him visually so to say, I choose it due to his character ;)

Why I didn't came up with my usual internet moniker (Bulletrider), I don't remember anymore...

Varth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 pm 

Varth is an early 90s arcade game with a fucking killer logo. A few years back I just quit a grindcore band and was sort of burned out on the whole experience so me and some random people started jamming Motorhead/Moistboyz type music and were going to call it Varth but it never took off so it turned into an all purpose internet handle.

The correct way to say Varth is to be intensely drunk listening to Slaughter's Strappado sitting on the hood of a Camero and say "Varfff"

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 pm 

Delta_Wing, you'd love the only preserved twin 12" coastal cannon in the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuivasaari

Unfortunately, it's currently very restricted, and even if you make it to Finland, it's highly unlikely you could gain access... It's a beautiful piece of early 20th century engineering, and looks a bit steampunkish inside. Very cool.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:17 pm 

Napero that Finnish coastal battery is definitely a must see. I would like to go see that bad boy and Finland in general.

One of the reputed Atomic Annies, while not confirmed if it did actually shoot an atomic sheel, is located at the Virginia war museum. I see it all the time and its definitely cool. No where near as cool as that battery but it will make due for now.

There is also a large German railway gun in Aberdeen Maryland currently, but the museum it is at,the Aberdeen Army Proving Grounds, was closed for relocation last time I wanted to go.

Xzfgiiimtsath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 pm 

Used mine when I had to think up a new username for Soulseek, and I frequented the +Black Metal+ chatroom more than any other - to show that I took black metal about as seriously as Seth Putnam does, I used a nonsense word from a song title off an old Impaled Northern Moonforest demo - "Awaiting the Blasphemous Abomination of the Necroyeti While Sailing on the Northernmost Fjord of Xzfgiiimtsath."

Soulseek: Xzfgiiimtsath

misogynisticfeminist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 pm 

I believe bitches should be respected and have equal rights.

Count Dirt Nap
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:44 pm 

I've been around here and there on these forums since I was about 17. Always forgot my password and this is probably my third profile. This name is just meant to be kind of poke fun at cheesy metal monikers

Tantalus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:27 am 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantalus

I'm always hungry.

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 pm 

My nickname comes from the cartoon Harvey Birdman. Mentok the Mindtaker, probably the funniest character on the show next to Phil, also goes by the moniker Mufti, the Magical Mizwa of Muzzy Tah. I forget if I added the magical part or not. I thought this was the most brilliant name anyone ever gave anything. I was doing my annual cycle through the three seasons when I signed up for this board, so it was fresh on my mind. It kinda bugs me now.

If I hadn't picked that one, I also felt strongly about GhoulPriest or something like that, at the time. Spooky, huh?

I think some of the names on this board are supremely uplifting. The Apex of Collapse and The Erosion of Humanity are my favorites. I think my step mums nickname should be The Apex of Collapse, because I suspect she feels at about that point often. (I jest, mother.)

Edit: Back in the day ('03 or something), I wrote reviews here under the name Shredder. I lied about my age, and wrote silly reviews about bands I knew next to nothing about. I was out of my element, in the parlance of our times.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 am 

Guess it's pretty obvious. A name variant of "Gandalf the White". I was thinking to name myself "Adam Malice" after the famous ski jumper, you know. But ended up with this. Yeah, so clever...

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:31 am 

Mine is pretty simple. It is the title of a Soilwork song. The song talks about how we are slaves to observation, but I like to think that observation is generally a positive thing.

Warlust666
Some guy who posts sometimes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:53 am 

I was into Bestial Warlust at the time. The triple digit because I was 14 and clearly a moron.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:09 am 

My friends used to call me "MrMcAsshole", and I find a metal forum, replace "Asshole" with "Thrasher", get banned, and added the "II". Pretty impressive, right?

I also don't know how they came up with "MrMcAsshole".

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:44 pm 

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah wrote:
I think some of the names on this board are supremely uplifting. The Apex of Collapse and The Erosion of Humanity are my favorites. I think my step mums nickname should be The Apex of Collapse, because I suspect she feels at about that point often. (I jest, mother.)

:lol: Didn't expect that when scrolling through this thread, made me laugh quite a bit. Guess I should explain my nickname for all who wonder (or lack-there-of). Its simple, I was pretty much a misanthrope back then and the name seemed appropriate. No heavy thinking for that name. Now four years on, and more of a positive approach to life, it just seems silly. Oh well, just call me Apex like others have come to call me, it works.

Nepthys
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 pm 

I just got my favourite egyptian goddess Nephthys and slightly changed the spelling, and have been using it for over 10 years now, it's now just gotten to a point where its easier to remember this than creating a whole heap of new aliases...

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:05 am 

Mine has actually been part of both a South Park episode (the one with bin ladin and Cartman constantly rips on him-Bin Ladin is talking on the phone and he says "FLIPPITYFLAPPITYFLOOP!!!" but the whole thing wouldn't fit) and a Bugs Bunny episode (Bugs and Daffy in the middle eastern cave with all the gold and jewels. It's during the part where Bugs pretends to be the genie and does that crazy dancing. When he makes his ears into a square he says "FLIPPITYFLAPPITYFLOOP" but again the whole thing wouldn't fit).

At first it was just for my YouTube account, but eventually I used it for this and then some other accounts. It's become my internet personae.

HASSAAAAAN CHOOOPPPPP!!!!!

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:13 am 

My user name is based on what i am. After a long night of double anal sex my dad got up in the morning to take a shit, and out i came

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:05 am 

It's a mix of 2 Russian words,
severnaya = northern
derzhavnost = nationalism is the nearest English word
Just because I'd love to see Canada and Russia unite into a Circumpolar Imperium. Greenland is invited too :)

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:53 am 

I used to skateboard, and people who would skate always used to wear thick soled shoes (like Vans), which I remarked, were like "sticky shoes" because it supposedly helped give your feet better grip to the deck tape. I thought the term was funny, so I used it as a screen name, but changed it in a way to make it a bit more whacky.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

w0Lf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 am 

Wolves are my favorite animal, and being a computer nerd it is compulsory to replace the 'o' with a '0'. The 'L' was capitalized for eclecticism I guess. If 14-year-old me was thinking straight, I would've made it W0LF -- much cooler. Looking back, I'm pretty damn lucky to have snagged such a friggin' awesome name. I'm sure they're have been many to come after me who have tried to claim it as their own. They have all failed.

SisuBerserk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:06 am 

'Cause berserks are/were awesome. Also it sounded rather badass. But I thought I need something else than just Berserk, just because it's probably used so fucking many times already as nickname. Well, I was eating Sisu candies (small salty liquorice pastilles, damn good.) Also, I'm kinda nationalistic so it was more than fitting.

Inkshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:28 pm 

I think it may have had something to do with a Pokemon attack at one point... I dunno.

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:03 pm 

I got mine from a kickass S.O.D song. Plus i love proto-black metal like Celtic Frost, Sarcofago etc so whaddya do...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next