Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kbmulkerrins
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:36 am 

Hi there,

I'm Kevin Mulkerrins, and I'm one of the guitarists from Anarchangel. We've apparently been added to this, which is why I came and signed up- to update our discography, since we're having a CD release party later tonight (I really should get some shut eye). Anyway it came up at a recent band meeting when everyone was wondering who added us.

I'm the handsome bloke with the tie.

I guess I would find out the answer to this by poking around, but again, pretty tired, and I'm probably missing an introductions thread (I'm a member of another forum where we mock noobs for such behavior. Don't know the rules (we have little moderation there) so I'll be cautious.

So, what is the policy about editing your own band page and adding an album?

Also if you're in the Boston area tonight, we're playing at the Middle East Upstairs if you want to catch us.

I'll probably check back in at some point tomorrow if I can.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:59 am 

Hello and welcome. I like your tie btw.

Some random bloke probably added the band. You can add the album yourself but there's some things that you can't change if you do not have the required rank.

I guess you could add the cd and ask us if there's anything that needs to be changed.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

kbmulkerrins
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:07 am 

Cool, added. At least the basic info for it. If there's anything else that should go up there, let me know. I'll pop the album cover up there a little later.

Thanks about the tie, btw. I forget what made me decide to dress like that, but that's pretty much what I wear to gigs.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:17 am 

I doubt you know the user who added the band. He's added almost 100 bands and probably came across you by chance, saw that the band wasn't yet in the database and submitted them. Many of our additions happen that way.

The 2011 demo mentioned in the additional notes... would you happen to have a tracklist for it (or you could add it yourself as well, I guess)?

Anyway, welcome! :)

_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:31 am 

Welcome to the board, as well as the cut of your jib I really like the name of your band, and will check them out based solely on that. If you tell me you do a cover of Venom's Satanarchist I'll love you on moral principal.

kbmulkerrins
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:35 am 

Azmodes wrote:
I doubt you know the user who added the band. He's added almost 100 bands and probably came across you by chance, saw that the band wasn't yet in the database and submitted them. Many of our additions happen that way.

The 2011 demo mentioned in the additional notes... would you happen to have a tracklist for it (or you could add it yourself as well, I guess)?

Anyway, welcome! :)

Ah the demo- Yes. I can add a track listing for that.

_MFMGW_ wrote:
Welcome to the board, as well as the cut of your jib I really like the name of your band, and will check them out based solely on that. If you tell me you do a cover of Venom's Satanarchist I'll love you on moral principal.

We don't, actually. That would be a fun cover though.

The name was a funny story, we couldn't decide what to call ourselves so we were like, whatever let's jam for a bit and see if we can come up with some more material, and I was trying to recycle some old lyrics from when I was attempting to write some Miltonian type stuff. One of them was a spoof of "Raise You Up On Eagles Wings" that didn't quite work. But, it contained the word anarchangel to describe the rebellious type. So I said, "guys guys, stop. What about if we call ourselves Anarchangel?" Unanimous vote in favor. We then reworked the idea of an anarchangel not as a Luciferian type of thing but rather something that shuns both heaven and hell.

We also googled it to make sure no one else was using it as a band name. No one was, but we did find out that it's the blog and screen name for someone who seems to be a conservative gun enthusiast, a techno album, and the name of a song. This is why we'll sometimes show up as anarchangel13 or AnarchangelBand.

The techno album, incidentally, had as its cover a sky full of anarchy symbols with wings, which we all got a good chuckle at, since that's the sort of thing we deliberately avoided for a logo.

_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:47 am 

I dunno, anarchy symbols with wings sounds so tacky that it paradoxically becomes cool.

kbmulkerrins
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:57 am 

_MFMGW_ wrote:
I dunno, anarchy symbols with wings sounds so tacky that it paradoxically becomes cool.

It's incredibly incredibly tacky. But it was also something that people expected. A couple of people outside the band suggested it for a logo.

The logo we got was just the guy at the guitar shop Pat goes to making him a strap with the band name on it just because. We liked the font and decided to go with it. Eventually we took the A and photoshopped it into a sort of triskelion as an additional logo, which we have yet to use other than as a "yep, that's what we're using." Pete's going to put it on his kick drum I think.

kbmulkerrins
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:23 am 

You know, I just looked at the dude's profile, and we actually do know him. Good dude.

kbmulkerrins
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:27 am 

The date matches up with when we met him too.

Reply to topic