* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Darsk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:16 pm 

Ancient_Sorrow wrote:
Quote:
Actually, Quorthon won his battle against drug addiction. And he was afflicted by heart weakness long time before the myocardial infarction. Heart failure, not drugs, killed him.

What was he addicted to, and where is it revealed to be the case? I'm interested.

http://bathory.wz.cz/en/interviews/kill-yourself-1997/
"Maelstrom: Well, I really liked that interview. He was also talking about the rumor of Boss (the Bathory producer) being your father.

Quorthon: Yeah, I've been asked that question…

Maelstrom: I'm not going to ask you.

Quorthon: No, but it's like when people ask you the one man band thing, or all the other shit things; it doesn't matter how many times you answer the question. Sometimes you lose respect for the whole media thing and people in general. They just don't seem to actually pay attention to what you're saying. Boss is 52, I'm 37. Add that up yourself. All these stories surrounding Bathory are crazy. Terrorizer once wrote a review of my second solo album as, "it's nice that Quorthon has found a forum to discuss his former drug problems." And I didn't even smoke cigarettes.

Maelstrom: It sounds like Terrorizer could have a law suit on their hands.

Quorthon: Well, if I had been an American and Terrorizer were an American magazine, yes.

Maelstrom: You could have sued them for libel.

Quorthon: I heard that USA stands for "united suing of America."

Maelstrom: (laugh) No, libel is a really serious thing.

Quorthon: Well, I'm not gonna sue everybody each and every time that shit gets brought up. It saddens me to see how people can use so much space in a magazine discussing stuff that I killed 10 or 15 or 20 years ago."

absurder21
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:45 pm 

Ancient_Sorrow wrote:
Quote:
Actually, Quorthon won his battle against drug addiction. And he was afflicted by heart weakness long time before the myocardial infarction. Heart failure, not drugs, killed him.

What was he addicted to, and where is it revealed to be the case? I'm interested.

The only thing I've ever heard was that he was a heavy drinker.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:54 pm 

swayze wrote:
Man, totally forgot about Valfar. Yeah, I feel bad for him dying so young. He was hella gifted, and this "he died naturally and respectably" crap is retarded. He died in his 20s, leaving a pregnant wife all alone. Tragic.

Can you read? I never said it was natural, just that he was out in nature. Saying that such a death is respectable does not equal being glad he died, or denying that he was young and had much life yet to live. Hence mentioning him in the 'musicians you feel sorry for' thread.

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:03 pm 

Spoiler: show
Metantoine wrote:
He's from Illinois, anyway. Maybe he's not a native speaker but he's surrounded by English speaking people and I warned him before about his grammar.

Is it "bukkake on Tony's modding" day? 'cause that's not written on my calendar! :(

I apologize, I speak English, I try to use auto correct as much as possible, but I am terrible at proof reading forum post of mine. Sorry, I will put more effort into my grammar in the future.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:14 pm 

I feel bad for any musician who has the "noise" sections cropped out of their music on a computer...

Mistereyedee
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:40 am 

Double post.

Last edited by Mistereyedee on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mistereyedee
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:43 am 

I feel pretty bad for Riot's founder Mark Reale, who never got the respect he so deserved. Reale passed away early this year from a long battle with Crohn's Disease (stomach disease). A shame that he and the band were JUST about to start touring for the aptly-titled Immortal Soul (from 2011).

There is not one Riot album that I dislike -- from 1977 to 2011 (14 albums released in 34 years). He has always been musically consistent, and never tried to sell out in ways like Def Leppard or Metallica. A phenomenal guitarist, songwriter, and friend (according to people who knew him, as I never personally met him before -- wish I could have).

Shine On, Warrior.

P.S. The seal mascot "Johnny" was introduced to metal 3 years before Eddie the Head.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:51 am 

I've always felt kind of bad for Bobby Blitz and D.D Verni. Top notch musicians in one the most prolific metal bands out there, yet still playing clubs and never approaching the popularity of some of their peers.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Aztakea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:51 am 

I also feel a little bad for Phil Anselmo in that Vinnie acts like a little baby toward what happened with Dime. Get over it for fucks sake. Stop blamin' Phil for what happened, absolutely not his fault it got to the point it got with the split of Pantera and all other shit. I'm glad though that he and Rita (Dime's widow) talks to each other again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT8lW73jexU

https://aztakea.bandcamp.com/releases

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:09 pm 

I can't help but feel kinda sorry for Dave Mustaine, nobody likes his shitty music or opinions anymore yet he still tries his darndest to come up with new shit to bitch about/making half-assed albums.
Also wanna throw nattramn from Silencer into this pity party, from the lyrics and title of the one album he wrote for the band (Death, Pierce me), it really sounds like the guy legitimately wants to die, there's so much emotion in those lyrics that it's pretty hard for him NOT to be serious about what he's screeching and wailing about in songs like Sterile nails and thunderbowls.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:31 pm 

While he's had a successful and rewarding career, I cant help but feel sorry for Tony Iommi after his being diagnosed with lymphoma. Obviously, cancer is terrible regardless of who has it, but given the death of Ronnie Dio and the what looks to be final Black Sabbath reunion, it's an incredibly unfortunate thing to happen. And it goes without saying that I really hope that Tony fights and survives this cancer

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:23 pm 

Yeah, I kinda feel sorry for any musician associated with Ozzy that has died/is potentially dying when he just fucking won't.
I swear to god, Ozzy Osbourne must be a vampire who feeds on the souls of those surrounding him in order to survive...

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:38 pm 

And their talent, 'cause Ozzy doesn't have any talent of his own.

Iommi should bring back Tony Martin, Geoff Nichols and Bill Ward (or Bobby Rondinelli, or Eric Singer, or Vinnie Appice) and do a Black Sabbath reunion that's actually worth recording an album and seeing/listening live.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:52 pm 

Actually, on the whole "Ozzy's like a vampire" thing, Bill Ward's just being treated like shit by the Black Sabbath camp to the point where he had to make statement detailing why he's not (as of yet) taking part in the reunion. That just makes me angry (and feel more sympathetic towards Bill) because Bill Ward was so hurt by Ozzy's departure that he attempted to fill that void with drink and drugs, and now that there might be no chance of a proper reunion happening again, I'm frankly amazed at the selfishness of the other members, particularly Ozzy.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:55 pm 

Yeah, someone should fucking kill the fuck out of Ozzy Osbourne, that way we could have some more of Tony Martin's awesome vocals, and maybe fix the stuff that Bill Ward is going through.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:24 pm 

I don't think murdering Ozzy will solve the problem, getting them (Tony, Geezer, Bill and even Ozzy too) around a table without management, lawyers and accountants would solve the problem. And if Ozzy's getting the lion's share of everything the current reunion will bring in, then Geezer and Tony are technically victims in this mess too.

But back on topic, a dead musician that I feel bad for would be Phil Lynnott because if he didn't become addicted to heroin in the last 5-7 years of his life, who knows what he might have done. Not only that, but the way he died was pretty sad as well....

Nithoggr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:56 am 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Euronymous, on the other hand, is someone I don't feel bad for. Glad Varg killed the fuck out of him.

I don't know, I'll say Euronymous. From what I've gathered, was a loudmouthed prick at the end, but he probably didn't deserve to die by the hand of someone he obviously trusted. Also, I'll say Kurt Cobain as well, apparently fame and heroine did not agree with him...

GuitarGuyNack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:45 am 

Chuck Schuldiner-Cancer sucks.

Dimebag-While it sucks that he's gone, at least he died while doing what he loved.

Randy Rhoads-This guy died way too young and just as his career was beginning.To this day those are the only 2 Ozzy albums i give a fuck about and even there it's only because of the guitar work.

Jeff Hanneman-It seems like he has always walked in Kerry's shadow even though he the better guitarist/songwriter in the band.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 am 

Euronymous, at least to a certain degree, brought his fate upon himself, but that's not saying he deserved it. It's not like he killed Varg's parents or something. Varg is obviously the bigger prick here - having killed one of the most productive people in Black Metal doesn't help his case. I certainly don't feel bad for him being in prison for more than fifteen years.

I kind of feel bad for Tom G Warrior. My understanding is that he is one of the more insecure, self-conscious characters, which I can relate to. It seems that he always had the best intentions with Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, but that on more than one occasion he lost focus of his musical vision, leading to much regret in the aftermath. The Cold Lake disaster is the most prominent example. The promising but ill fated reunion of Celtic Frost on the other hand is something that didn't go as planned despite him doing the right thing.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:44 am 

The original vocalist of Hell, David G Halliday, a man seemingly allergic to luck.

inhumanist wrote:

I kind of feel bad for Tom G Warrior. My understanding is that he is one of the more insecure, self-conscious characters, which I can relate to. It seems that he always had the best intentions with Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, but that on more than one occasion he lost focus of his musical vision, leading to much regret in the aftermath. The Cold Lake disaster is the most prominent example. The promising but ill fated reunion of Celtic Frost on the other hand is something that didn't go as planned despite him doing the right thing.

He always feels uncomfortable whenever people tell him how influential To Mega Therion was to them. If I ever met the guy I'd have to be physically restrained from telling him how awesome I think he is.

Nithoggr wrote:
OpsiusCato wrote:
Euronymous, on the other hand, is someone I don't feel bad for. Glad Varg killed the fuck out of him.

I don't know, I'll say Euronymous. From what I've gathered, was a loudmouthed prick at the end, but he probably didn't deserve to die by the hand of someone he obviously trusted. Also, I'll say Kurt Cobain as well, apparently fame and heroine did not agree with him...

I'm still conflicted about Euronymous, but totally agree about Cobain.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:44 am 

Nithoggr wrote:
I'll say Kurt Cobain as well, apparently fame and heroine did not agree with him...

Gee, you think?
Heroin doesn't agree with anyone.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 pm 

Ingo Swichtenberg, Helloween's first drummer. Heroin again, only with some mental problems on top of that. Which was a damn shame, because his drumming on Helloween, Walls of Jericho, and the two Keeper albums was phenomenal.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:28 pm 

Seconding Dead, Quorthon and Valfar, and also Tom G. Warrior, for the reasons inhumanist listed

Peter Steele seemed like a pretty joyless dude, with a lot of problems. And now he is dead, too.

Fenriz nowadays is a pretty pitiable person to me. He seems bitter and living in the past, and years of alcohol/whatever abuse transformed him into more or less a norwegian middle-aged version of "Beavis & Butthead". In some of the interviews in that Until The Light Take Us documentary, he striked me as being unhappy and uncomfortable with his legacy, with everything that happened in the past, and with what it turned into nowadays.

Sylvain Houde apparently has schizophrenia and lives in the streets. I'm not sure if this is true, and I'm not a big fan of Kataklysm too, but if he indeed is like that, damn shit sucks.
There is also the fact he is far less recognized than the vastly inferior vocalist that Kataklysm has nowadays

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:55 pm 

Blaze Bayley is the first person that comes to mind for me. Wolfsbane had so much promise but never caught on, people still hold his time in Iron Maiden against him, and he's had to reinvent his solo career at least five times with there being some kind of setback each time. Hell, his wife/manager died just as he managed to have some success with The Man Who Would Not Die a couple years back! That said, his more recent acts are starting to make me wonder if he is deliberately making himself the underdog and setting himself up for failure...

I kinda get a similar feeling about Tony Martin. He's still putting out some great material (The Cage 3 is quite awesome) and seems like a really approachable guy, but also seems rather bitter with all the crap he got from Black Sabbath and other career mishaps.

I suppose there's also something to be said for bands like Anvil and Diamond Head that dwelt in obscurity while also influencing some of the most famous bands in the world. I know Anvil is at a point where they're more famous now than they've ever been, but the low sales of the excellent Juggernaut Of Justice lead me to believe that it's all a bunch of lip service bullshit and no one truly cares about the band any more than before.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:49 pm 

I'd definitely have to agree with you on Blaze Bayley, I'm not sure but I'd say Tim "Ripper" Owens is in the same boat because people still hold his time in Judas Priest and his time in Iced Earth against him. Admittedly, Ripper's the lead singer in Dio's Disciples so that'll be bound to open a few doors for him (or shut them in his face).

GuitarGuyNack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:09 pm 

Bob Rusay-It seems like after he got kicked out of Cannibal Corpse he just kind of droped off the face of the earth.As far as i can tell he hasen't done anything involving music since then.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:59 pm 

Agree with Randy Rhodes being mentioned. And yes, those two Ozzy albums, for me as well, even if they arent neccessarily "the only two worth giving a fuck about" (I still think the two Jake E Lee Albums are both decent, albiet not quite as good) the Rhodes albums are far better than anything afterward. They were downright brililant in fact. We can only wonder what he would have gone on to do afterward, or where he would have taken Ozzy's band.

Same with Cliff Burton- the question often comes up "What would Metallica Have Sounded Like If Cliff Were Alive." I do think they would have gone a different path. They would not necessarily stayed thrashy or heavy though, as some people assume- but they would have stayed INTERESTING, if not as fast/heavy- more interesting than the 90's material at any rate. I could see Cliff Burton and 90's Metallica doing something along the lines of Rush's "Hemispheres" album, or maybe some interesting stoner-rockish stuff like Kyuss or even Queens of the Stone Age- maybe not another "Ride the Lightening" but certainly not "Load (of crap)" either. We'll never know. It is equally possible he would have quit Metallica in disgust, or been pushed out, after the rest of the band started to change.

The whole Euronymous-Dead-Vikernes feud has been disscussed to death, but if I would add anything, theres a saying "Ya screw with the bull you get da horn." Some people, you fuck with them enough, push them far enough, they'll eventually push back. Every thing I have heard or read, seems to indicate that Euronymous had it coming- I dont necessarily think he deserved to die (that's a bit unfair) but he certainly deserved an ass-whupping- and even his close friends and associates have said this! It's not like he was blameless in what happened to him, unlike, say, Dimebag Darrell. I don't really sympathise too much with Vikerness either, because let's face it- he's kind of an ass himself.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:00 pm 

Very first name that came to mind, and no one's mentioned, is Shane MacGowan, of The Pogues fame. Read the 'substance abuse' section on that link. Rough read, that.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

Last edited by Pale_Pilgrim on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:30 pm 

Quote:
Very first name that came to mind, and no one's mentioned, is [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_MacGowan]Shane MacGowan/url], of The Pogues fame. Read the 'substance abuse' section on that link. Rough read, that.

I didn't think of Shane, and I agree - He's probably a man who has been cursed by drink like no other. I'm a huge Pogues fan, and it's sad to watch his decline over the years, although it's said he's better than he once was.

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:37 am 

Kigo7 wrote:
I'd definitely have to agree with you on Blaze Bayley, I'm not sure but I'd say Tim "Ripper" Owens is in the same boat because people still hold his time in Judas Priest and his time in Iced Earth against him. Admittedly, Ripper's the lead singer in Dio's Disciples so that'll be bound to open a few doors for him (or shut them in his face).

I saw Ripper in concert earlier this year. He is actually one of the greatest active metal vocalists at the moment, I think. His solo album is also pretty damn amazing, as was his work in Winter's Bane. He deserves to be much bigger than he is.

I don't really feel particularly sorry for bands that weren't massive, though. As much as I feel they may have deserved it, at the end of the day that is the music business - and it generally isn't all about fame. Anvil influenced a lot of people, sure, but the doco felt a little annoying - they played heavy as hell music, which is why they were never as big as The Scorpions, who the doco kept trying to contrast them with.

I will say the fall-out in Pantera seems really bad for Phil. Obviously, I wasn't there, so I can only guess from what I've seen in the media - but I don't see why he was denied entrance to Dimebag's funeral. The two had a massive falling out, as musicians do, but for Vinnie Paul to outright deny the mending of old friendships seems really juvenile. If Phil goes before Vinnie, I can kinda imagine Vinnie turning around and saying "I miss Phil so much!" as if the two were best-friends right to the end. You'd think that Dimebag's death would've been a wake-up call that people aren't around forever, and there is no reason to hold grudges.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:52 am 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Blaze Bayley is the first person that comes to mind for me. Wolfsbane had so much promise but never caught on, people still hold his time in Iron Maiden against him, and he's had to reinvent his solo career at least five times with there being some kind of setback each time. Hell, his wife/manager died just as he managed to have some success with The Man Who Would Not Die a couple years back! That said, his more recent acts are starting to make me wonder if he is deliberately making himself the underdog and setting himself up for failure...

I met and got to drink with him at a local bar :hyper: I live in the middle of nowhere too so it was a big treat for me.

He also drank me under the table.

kaoswar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:06 am 

Folkemon_ wrote:
Chuck because he did not fucking deserve cancer, why must life be so cruel?

AMEN!!!!! R.I.P. Chuck!!!!

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 am 

Quote:
I met and got to drink with him at a local bar :hyper: I live in the middle of nowhere too so it was a big treat for me.

He also drank me under the table.

My friend had a similar experience. Blaze seems a very nice, wholesome guy - He does guest vocals for many bands, tours extensively, often by motorbike, and just generally seems to be a top fellow. His latest album was a bit... poor... in my opinion, however, but he's still working, and you can tell it's what he likes doing. If there were a "Nice Guys" thread, I'd probably put him in it.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:09 pm 

Paul Di'Anno anyone? I REALLY wonder what a Number Of The Beast or Piece Of Mind would have sounded with him on vocals. I have to say while Dickinson was arguably the more professionally advanced vocalist, my heart belongs to Paul's work on the first two albums. Anyhow, while his legacy is undisputable, his drug problems getting him kicked out of Maiden, him fading into obscurity and his huge talent more or less lost due to his subsequent non-career... it is kind of a sad story.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:23 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Paul Di'Anno anyone? I REALLY wonder what a Number Of The Beast or Piece Of Mind would have sounded with him on vocals.

Shitty. Okay, Number Of The Beast could've sounded cool but he would not have fit Piece Of Mind at all.

But yeah, I do feel rather bad for Di'Anno as well at times. He did deserve the criminal charges and riding on Maiden's name so much has killed his credibility as an artist, but his solo albums and work with Battlezone do make one wish that things could gone over differently.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:32 pm 

The problem with Paul Di'Anno is that quite a bit of his solo career was plagued with his "eccentricities" and he even admits as much in his autobiography. While yes, I'm sorry for Paul Di'Anno because of his getting turfed out of Iron Maiden after putting them on the map so to speak, there were so many things that he could've done differently post-Maiden.

Steve Clark anyone?

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:55 am 

I don't think anyone has mentioned Neil Peart. He seems to be in a good place now though.

And it was right getting rid of DiAnno. I don't think he could sing some the stuff on NotB, Dickinson really opened doors musically for Maiden.

Rusted and Rotting
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:23 pm 

Aztakea wrote:
OpsiusCato wrote:

Definitely. He came up with some killer riffs but in the end he seemed to be nothing more than a mama's boy-coward-crop-topwearing piece of shit.

100% agreed. You can only threaten to kill people for so long before you run into the wrong motherfucker who takes you at your word and responds accordingly.

inhumanist wrote:
Varg is obviously the bigger prick here - having killed one of the most productive people in Black Metal doesn't help his case. I certainly don't feel bad for him being in prison for more than fifteen years.

I wouldn't agree with the "most productive" part. Mayhem/Euronymous lived on the fame of the Deathcrush EP for far too long. He wasn't all that productive, really. Varg, on the other hand, is a machine--easily one of the most productive/prolific/industrious musicians.

Not 100% metal, but Shawn Lane. The guy was a phenomenal talent. He became the lead guitarist of Black Oak Arkansas at age 14. Fucking 14! He then developed severely debilitating psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis--the treatment of which (via hydrocortisone) caused significant weight gain and poor health. He eventually had to go on oxygen shortly before his death at age 40. He went through some serious shit and died way too young. Really sucks. I also feel bad because he is often overlooked/forgotten/left out when people are discussing virtuosic guitar playing (compared to the other titans like Malmsteen, Vai, Satriani, etc). The guy was a beast!
"I am drunk as fuck, driving around town drunk, I'm on dope, and I want you to call the police. Not only that, but I got a loaded hand gun right here. I'm gonna start firing this off. So please call the cops." --Ricky, "Trailer Park Boys"

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 pm 

It's not strictly metal, but I definitely feel bad for the original lineup of Lynyrd Skynyrd, if it weren't for that plane crash or the health problems (and otherwise) of some of the various members, then I'm fairly sure that Lynyrd Skynyrd would've done much more than they ended up doing.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:30 am 

GuitarGuyNack wrote:
Bob Rusay-It seems like after he got kicked out of Cannibal Corpse he just kind of droped off the face of the earth.As far as i can tell he hasen't done anything involving music since then.

He became a Middle aged portly Golf instructor in Arizona who wont even address his own band in resumes he has for clients, I talked to him at the Emerald Cove golfing instructor about his time in Cannibal Corpse and he was like "Yeah, I was in that band, and it was just a part of my life thats done". He signed my copies of Butchered at Birth, Tomb of the Mutilated, and the Hammer Smashed face ep smiled and kinda just drifted off, I felt bad for him considering his riffs made early Cannibal what it is and after he left the band released two more decent albums and began a long decline.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next