Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:06 pm 

http://www.pe.com/iguide/music/music-he ... -crash.ece

Was going to post this on the main forum before I searched and saw they weren't in the Archives. Obviously opinions on the band are mixed at best here, but this is still sad.

Reginald
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:46 pm 

It's not that sad, really. There is a rather obvious bright side to this.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:49 pm 

Reginald wrote:

Aaaand there we have it, the first "TODAY IS A VICTORY FOR TRUE METAL" post I've seen all day. Congrats. :roll:

This really, really sucks. The Cleansing is a contender for my favorite deathcore album of all time, and while I'm not that interested in the two albums that come afterwards, I'll still have loads of respect for them with their debut taken into account. Say what you will about their music, but I don't think you can really deny that the guy had an instantly recognizable vocal style and he seemed to be a pretty cool person even outside his music. I'm going to miss him, R.I.P.

deathsane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:50 pm 

I agree that it's not much of a tragedy (for me), but if the supposed bright side you're talking about is the possible discontinuation of the band then you're a bit more than a bit of an asshole.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:51 pm 

Reginald wrote:

Aren't you the metal warrior tough guy. +10000 MA forum street cred!

Cut that shit out. :nono:

Oblivion_Gene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:14 pm 

Good to see the true metal warriors are out in full force today... While I dig a few of their songs on "The Cleansing", these guys never quite did it for me. Still, a sad day I'm sure for the band and his family. RIP.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:20 pm 

No Time To Bleed is easily my favorite deathcore album, and one of the my favorite extreme metal albums by a 2000's band. But my opinions on his music aside, its always sad when somebody dies young, especially when doing something that they enjoy. Plus, he had a young daughter. Pretty sad situation all around.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

enigmatech
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:22 pm 

It just goes to show how fragile life can be, and how easily some people can be taken away. I don't listen to his band but this is obviously something which no one should have to go through.

DomDomMCMG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:28 pm 

Really unfortunate. Suicide Silence had a big impact on shaping my musical tastes to how they are right now. It's also repulsive to see all the trve metullz warriors gleefully rejoicing because they don't like his music. Get a grip, he was 28 years old and had a young daughter.

fetalfeast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:34 pm 

This is very sad. I met him once or twice and he seemed to be a very nice person, humble and down to earth. My condolences go out to his family, friends, and the rest of the band.

Oh, and my Facebook feed being populated by metalheads rejoicing his death reminded me why I hate 90% of you motherfuckers.

Dysphaegic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm 

He inspired thousands and thousands of more vocalists, and SS alone inspired thousands of more bands.
Who would have thought that tiny deathcore band in CA would have exploded in less than a year to make one of the biggest selling records in Century Media history (after only a few weeks of their debut)? Pretty.. fucking.. impressive.

He will be missed.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:48 pm 

Bummed for the fans and his family for sure.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 pm 

Haven't listened to them in ages but thats really sad to hear for his wife and daughter.

Last.fm

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 pm 

I am into true metal and I don't like deathcore, yet for some reason I am not rejoicing over a young man's tragic death. Something must be wrong with me. :(

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Dysphaegic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:59 pm 

droneriot wrote:
I am into true metal and I don't like deathcore, yet for some reason I am not rejoicing over a young man's tragic death. Something must be wrong with me. :(

..You sicken me. You call yourself a metal head?!

deathsane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:00 pm 

Your true (false) colors are showing.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:05 pm 

The vast majority of people on the internet commenting on this seem to be respectful about it; very few people are actually saying that they're happy about it.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 pm 

I hate this band, but a bike accident's a terrible way to go. Not something I'd wish on anyone.

NJMike
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:15 pm 

Fuck... I rather enjoyed this band, and it was the first deathcore band I ever got into. R.I.P. Wow...

http://www.last.fm/user/TheresTheMike

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 pm 

It's funny how the "true metal warriors" always bashed Suicide Silence and now are laughing about his death, yet I found out about him dying from one of the most cult underground bands (Disgorge, CA) and they seemed to hold alot of respect for the man.

I actually enjoyed all of Suicide Silence's albums although the Black Crown was a bit of a let down from the previous two. They were fun, catchy, and great music for lifting to. I could care less if they are the most metal band on the planet, surely they can't compete with Deeds of Flesh in terms of Death Metal but they were good at what they did. Wether people liked them or not they took certain elements from our favorite genres and made them popular to countless people thus making the metal scene bigger.

Most of those "uber true kvlt" people who are cheering about his death are 15 year old kids trying to be the baddest men because they listen to enmity, grow up.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:28 pm 

Glorior Belli's Facebook page is a clusterfuck right now of tryhards and dudes who jerk it to their Mercyful Fate picture discs. I mean...... wow.

NJMike
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:30 pm 

pressingtoplead13 wrote:
It's funny how the "true metal warriors" always bashed Suicide Silence and now are laughing about his death, yet I found out about him dying from one of the most cult underground bands (Disgorge, CA) and they seemed to hold alot of respect for the man.

I actually enjoyed all of Suicide Silence's albums although the Black Crown was a bit of a let down from the previous two. They were fun, catchy, and great music for lifting to. I could care less if they are the most metal band on the planet, surely they can't compete with Deeds of Flesh in terms of Death Metal but they were good at what they did. Wether people liked them or not they took certain elements from our favorite genres and made them popular to countless people thus making the metal scene bigger.

Most of those "uber true kvlt" people who are cheering about his death are 15 year old kids trying to be the baddest men because they listen to enmity, grow up.

You sir, have won the internets.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheresTheMike

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:30 pm 

Sad news. Hate on this band all you want (hell, during my trve phase, I despised this band), they had legions of fans who genuinely enjoyed their music and judging from stories I've heard over the years, he's a great dude.

RIP

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm 

Unfortunate that he died. I didn't follow his music though so not a big loss for me though. RIP.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm 

Ouch. Reminds me of how Steve Lee of Gotthard went out a couple of years back. That he leaves behind a young daughter is saddening; RIP.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 pm 

People on the internet can be such dicks. I haven't really listened to this band, but laughing about someone dying is callous and cruel. Condolences to his family and friends.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:27 pm 

I have never ever listened to this band. I seriously don't know how they sound. But it's always sad when a band member dies, R.I.P

To all the fuckwits you are "celebrating" the death of another music loving human being: You are all inhuman bastards.

theposega wrote:
Glorior Belli's Facebook page is a clusterfuck right now of tryhards and dudes who jerk it to their Mercyful Fate picture discs. I mean...... wow.

Wut, what has Glorior Belli gotta do with this?

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:35 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
theposega wrote:

Wut, what has Glorior Belli gotta do with this?

It's deleted now, but one of the band members posted a status saying something along the lines of "good riddance to another emocore faggot".

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:42 pm 

Ugh, that's horrible. Glorior Belli is a great band, but that is just a terrible statement to make. I really hope he's not speaking for the whole band.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 pm 

some people are so classy(talking about the guy from Glorior Belli)

never listened to the band myself but RIP, really sad for many people but especially sad for his daughter, everything i have ever heard about him was positive so really sad to see

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:05 pm 

Hm. I'm just curious where SS will go from here. Not a fan of them at all, not happy, not sad, shit happens.

EmeraldEdge9832
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:35 pm 

I know this may sound harsh, but I really am not sad one bit about this, and there's even a small degree of happiness that I derive from this. I'm sorry but I hate Suicide Silence that much. So much that seeing them die literally is not at all a bad thing for me.

Errebuss
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:47 pm 

When I saw this, I was really hoping it was just some Twitter rumor or something. It's really pretty sad. Only had a chance to see Suicide Silence live once, but he seemed like a really cool, nice guy that night and in other interviews.

It's really strange to go over to his Twitter page and see that pictures of him playing with his daughter just the day before the accident. My thoughts definitely go out to his family. :(

Orbliis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:49 pm 

I feel bad for his daughter. This sucks.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:51 pm 

Never listened to their music, but like others have pointed out it always sucks when someone dies young, and it sucks even more since he had a young daughter.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:55 pm 

I don't understand people rejoicing that Suicide Silence might disband. If you despise something that much, couldn't you just, you know... not listen to it...? I'm not a fan of their music either, but I completely forgot about their existence until I saw this thread.

As for Mitch Luker's death, R.I.P. I guess.

guitar_metal_777
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:58 pm 

Dysphaegic wrote:
droneriot wrote:

..You sicken me. You call yourself a metal head?!

I'm pretty sure droneriot was being sarcastic. You know, the idea that one can be empathetic towards someone with a different taste in music than he?

Or maybe I read too much into that... haha

Noktorn wrote:
I'd imagine that my parents are very tired with me saying "OH MY GOD LISTEN TO THIS RIFF HERE IT'S AMAZING why are you walking away from me. "

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:02 pm 

Pretty sure Dysphaegic was being sarcastic too, dude.

mcmufffins
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm 

Reginald wrote:

Fuck you and fuck your attitude.

EmeraldEdge9832 wrote:
I know this may sound harsh, but I really am not sad one bit about this, and there's even a small degree of happiness that I derive from this. I'm sorry but I hate Suicide Silence that much. So much that seeing them die literally is not at all a bad thing for me.

Fuck you as well.

I'm not a fan of Suicide Silence but this is sad nonetheless, especially for him to go at such a young age. I can't even begin to understand why anyone would be happy at a musician's death merely because he was part of a different genre. Not sad? Fair enough, you didn't know him. Happy? You're a shitty, fucked up person.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 pm 

Never cared for this band, but this fucking sucks. 28 is way, way too goddamn young to go, and with a young daughter left behind it's just senselessly cruel.

And fuck off to whoever connected to Glorior Belli pulled off that shit. I've been following the band since their first demo so I took that unexpected bit of assholery somewhat personally, so to speak.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next