Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
squirexfenelly
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:42 pm 

nope i'm a catholic and listen to death metal and black metal a lot. I guess I just have a open mind not hating on any religions or such. Just love how Metal has this in-your-face sound and its deep ya know

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:20 pm 

Marag wrote:
Grave_Wyrm wrote:
Once one person does it, it's a lot more likely that others will join in. It's a bit like trying to start "the wave", but with pistols.

Then all "human extinction" advocates kill themselves, but everyone else will still be around. Seems like a dumbass move if you are aiming to eradicate the entire species.

I suppose that would weed out the people who were sure we'd be better off without them. I'd probably thank them. :)

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:24 am 

GuitarGuyNack wrote:
I was raised as a christian and i also listened to DM while still practicing the religion.As of late though, i've been having a harder and harder time beliving what christianity teaches but i do not think that metal has influanced that.

yeah i think thats just called free thinking

wildnessreturns
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:03 pm 

I liked some heavy metal (Sabbath), thrash metal (Metallica, Sepultura, DBC), and some death metal (I just owned a copy of Napalm's "Harmony Corruption") when I was a kid, but when I got into punk at 12, that, and later, 80's & 90's hardcore were my mainstays until about 9 years ago when I began getting back into metal music.

As of the last few years, metal has been my predominant choice of music. I say all this to point out that many of my convictions were already in place through my involvement in punk/hardcore well before I seriously dove into metal.

The lyrical sentiment I most relate to in metal is that of an anti-authoritarian/anarchist nature, as espoused by bands such as Peregrine, Napalm Death, Terrorizer, Carcass, etc.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:06 am 

Nice thread necromancy, with a post that completely fails to discuss the subject. Bravo.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3