Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
deplo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:48 am 

So it's not like I want to piss Varg or Famine in this topic.

Let's just say that I am an Arabic fellow, in my mid 20s, I hold 2 BAs and currently working on my MBA. I have an abroad work experience and I speak and write 3 languages in addition to a basic level of German. My Appearance may help as I have mid-back long hair.

My question is mainly directed towards people of Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland (other potential countries open to immigration are welcome). Seriously, how can I immigrate to your country, live and work there? Despite what I wrote above, my only problem is the lack of money, I don't have that much of money as I am currently unemployed for the purpose of my MBA studies.

Regarding visas, obviously that an education one is not desired, a work one is very hard to get in Europe thanks to the policies of the EU (hire from and within it). Other than that, what can I do? I need like 1 year and a half to finish my MBA, I want to start working on it now, your answers are really appreciated, oh and serious ones please.

Opus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:37 pm 

I don't know how I'm supposed to be of any help, I never immigrated.

DennisDemoniarch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:28 pm 

You are probably better off writing the government of desired nation and request this information.

Not sure if you noticed but this is the metal archives and mostly a place where people hype up albums that you could just listen to on youtube... anyways... oh speaking of which, has google provided any information that you seek?

I know that when my grandfather immigrated to Canada they laid out the red carpet for him and pushed some other guy back into the ocean to make room.

deplo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:50 am 

DennisDemoniarch wrote:
You are probably better off writing the government of desired nation and request this information.

Not sure if you noticed but this is the metal archives and mostly a place where people hype up albums that you could just listen to on youtube... anyways... oh speaking of which, has google provided any information that you seek?

I know that when my grandfather immigrated to Canada they laid out the red carpet for him and pushed some other guy back into the ocean to make room.

Oh, I thought I am on an immigration forum! This is the called The Tavern for a reason lol.

Anyway thank you for the tip, shall see what to do!

DennisDemoniarch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:46 pm 

Sure it's the Tavern bro... but seriously... you want serious answers on foreign affairs into a new nation from a forum where most people are more concerned about ebay and shipping rates and collecting.

It's just not a very serious place to expect actual real knowledge on such a subject. I mean if I really were serious about packing up to go somewhere this is the last place I would be asking questions at. I would write the foreign affairs office and request actual real information.

You are asking a question that ultimately could change your entire life... it's not like you are asking how best to package a single vinyl LP for mailing off. You want real answers you need to seriously seek them out from the actual place that will give you the absolute legal truthful and correct answers you seek.
I see a question like this on a music forum I immediately cannot take it seriously, cause I think the person asking is probably not mature enough to move out of his parents house yet, cause if he was he would be asking these questions from a legitimate legal source, cause he was himself serious about moving and getting serious information etc etc

deplo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:27 pm 

DennisDemoniarch,

I completely agree with what you have said here, you're totally right!

Well the thing is that I am really overwhelmed by the amount of online information, not to mention states websites and the forms to be downloaded/filled, I am always looking from legitimate resources, I just thought that I can seek an alternative way at the same time and ask people here (since many of them are from these countries), perhaps someone is already familiar with a certain case that may help. That's it.

Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:10 pm 

deplo wrote:
Oh, I thought I am on an immigration forum!

With over a hundred posts here? :scratch:

Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:32 pm 

deplo wrote:
Other than that, what can I do?

What exactly do you expect? The backdoor password for long-haired men with higher education to bypass the immigration system, which you're intimidated by on paper? You seem to have the right idea with "abroad work experience" plus "education" but it seems you think that Varg Vikernes is going to process your immigration paperwork like a stave church.
Hi guys, I submitted my band Mercelel couple days ago and it got rejected by Zodijackyl today. After doing multiple google researches of his name around the archives, he doesn't look like the most liked person on this site so I can't trust his opinion whatsoever.

Grave_Wyrm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:43 pm 

Or working up to asking for a gateway marriage.

deplo wrote:
I am an Arabic fellow, in my mid 20s, I hold 2 BAs and currently working on my MBA. I have an abroad work experience and I speak and write 3 languages in addition to a basic level of German. My Appearance may help as I have mid-back long hair.

:love:

Fearless Iranian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:07 pm 

deplo wrote:
Let's just say that I am an Arabic fellow, in my mid 20s, I hold 2 BAs and currently working on my MBA. I have an abroad work experience and I speak and write 3 languages in addition to a basic level of German. My Appearance may help as I have mid-back long hair.

How exactly would that help?

InnesI
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:52 am 

Lanuage, language, language!!! I do not know in what fields you hold BA's, and eventually an MBA, but in most cases a knowledge of the swedish language is very much required. If you can't speak swedish getting a job in Sweden will be tough.

Sweden in general is obsessed with people having the exact qualification for a specific job. The difference between Sweden and England (the two countries I have first hand experience of) is startling actually. My experience is that in England they are more than happy to educate a new employees and they use you BA's or MBA's more of a reference as to the person being diligent and able to continue something all the way to the end line even though the actual qualification may not match the job. In Sweden everyone looks for the exact qualification however - preferably experience in the field as well.

Moving here from the EU is not a problem. You can just get on a plane and come here and start your new life. The same goes if you are a refugee. However, in regards to how this country accepts foreign people from outside the EU that aren't refugees (or relatives to refugees) I do not know.

Living standard is high and it won't be a problem finding somewhere to live if you are willing to move to small towns. If you're looking at moving to Stockholm there might be bigger problems. Allthough they did make it easier to rent out your own place (to make a profit) so perhaps that market is starting to emerge to a greater degree (but that wont be cheap most probably).

Any other questions?

elf48687789
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:54 pm 

Fearless Iranian wrote:
deplo wrote:

How exactly would that help?

Seems more like a bad idea as many people in Sweden seem to believe weed is the greatest scourge upon humanity in the last 1000 years. Not to say I think everyone who has long hair smokes, but stupid people in Sweden are not more intelligent than stupid people in other countries.

And besides that there doesn't seem to be any more long-hairs in Sweden than in other European countries.

You know about the recent fire-bomb attacks against mosques in Sweden? Although that may not be a problem, as many people in Sweden have now started protesting against that, which is good because some people were thinking of changing the immigration policy, now there's a greater chance they won't maybe.

waiguoren
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:49 pm 

The north of Sweden is full of bearded guys with long hair, maybe it's different in Skåne but that's not even Sweden. I am always surprised by how people seeking to move to another country are incapable of finding the information they are looking for online on the Internet on the www on a computer, I mean at least ask proper tough questions like "Are Swedish chicks hot" and "Do they have milk in Sweden" and "What part of Stockholm is Oslo in" instead of simple pimples immigration stuff.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/Privatpersoner.html

Gorblethorp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:57 pm 

That's awful, dude, those countries have enough of a problem with immigrants. Just stay where you are or move to a country that won't hate your presence there so much.

DennisDemoniarch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:07 pm 

I have too decided to immigrate to a Scandinavian country. I though have a shaved head, but a beard, can this help me more in certain parts than others? I have built a dragon boat though which I will sail over there alone. I hope to fill it with shield maidens immediately upon my arrival. I have currently watched up to date every episode of Vikings, so I believe I could walk right in and immediately be welcomed.

I have some tattoo's so I could probably only collect welfare off the start, but we are brothers and I am sure your fellow country men will not mind towing the line for me just for a couple years until I learn something more, like say the local language or something. However judging by my current level of ignorance I probably will just drink your beer and try to bang your women. Is that cool?

I do like the cold weather... it matches my cold fucking heart and I have supported a few of the regions cultural arts... namely black metal! I also have a leather jacket. I will bring it.

My dragon ship is about 15ft long and 3ft wide. It's a small one... but the dragon is really mean looking!!! I do not plan to row the whole way, I have a small gas powered outboard motor on it (I hope you still accept me openly)

Let me in. Just like the stupid fucking vampire movie. Thanks.

Gorblethorp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:43 pm 

DennisDemoniarch wrote:
I have too decided to immigrate to a Scandinavian country. I though have a shaved head, but a beard, can this help me more in certain parts than others? I have built a dragon boat though which I will sail over there alone. I hope to fill it with shield maidens immediately upon my arrival. I have currently watched up to date every episode of Vikings, so I believe I could walk right in and immediately be welcomed.

I have some tattoo's so I could probably only collect welfare off the start, but we are brothers and I am sure your fellow country men will not mind towing the line for me just for a couple years until I learn something more, like say the local language or something. However judging by my current level of ignorance I probably will just drink your beer and try to bang your women. Is that cool?

I do like the cold weather... it matches my cold fucking heart and I have supported a few of the regions cultural arts... namely black metal! I also have a leather jacket. I will bring it.

My dragon ship is about 15ft long and 3ft wide. It's a small one... but the dragon is really mean looking!!! I do not plan to row the whole way, I have a small gas powered outboard motor on it (I hope you still accept me openly)

Let me in. Just like the stupid fucking vampire movie. Thanks.

Honestly bro, that's too much effort for a good joke. I'm gonna guess you aren't very funny in person either.

DennisDemoniarch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:53 pm 

Gorblethorp wrote:

Honestly bro, that's too much effort for a good joke. I'm gonna guess you aren't very funny in person either.

Correct you are... I am actually quite serious in person.

bug_man
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:54 am 

a better joke would have been to post the same thread on a nsbm forum

DennisDemoniarch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:50 pm 

bug_man wrote:
a better joke would have been to post the same thread on a nsbm forum

One of 'those' forums are already as much a joke as they can possibly get.

They all just need to realize the true enemy are the fucking greys! ...tear drop eyed spindly fucking dimensional travel cattle raping bastards!

maladie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:05 am 

InnesI wrote:
Lanuage, language, language!!! I do not know in what fields you hold BA's, and eventually an MBA, but in most cases a knowledge of the swedish language is very much required. If you can't speak swedish getting a job in Sweden will be tough.

Sweden in general is obsessed with people having the exact qualification for a specific job. The difference between Sweden and England (the two countries I have first hand experience of) is startling actually. My experience is that in England they are more than happy to educate a new employees and they use you BA's or MBA's more of a reference as to the person being diligent and able to continue something all the way to the end line even though the actual qualification may not match the job. In Sweden everyone looks for the exact qualification however - preferably experience in the field as well.

Moving here from the EU is not a problem. You can just get on a plane and come here and start your new life. The same goes if you are a refugee. However, in regards to how this country accepts foreign people from outside the EU that aren't refugees (or relatives to refugees) I do not know.

Living standard is high and it won't be a problem finding somewhere to live if you are willing to move to small towns. If you're looking at moving to Stockholm there might be bigger problems. Allthough they did make it easier to rent out your own place (to make a profit) so perhaps that market is starting to emerge to a greater degree (but that wont be cheap most probably).

Any other questions?

Agreed!

Getting into an educational program to learn the language as fast as possible is a huge asset. I moved to Norway in 2010 by getting into such a program and afterwards started normal studies. Knowing the language is a big big part of it. You WILL have problems getting a job in Norway with a non-Norwegian name, but it's also a small country so the key like pretty much anywhere to get a job is to network quite a bit.

Reply to topic