Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 am 

Anyone heard of these guys? Their name instantly reminded me of a 3rd grade alternative rock band name, but they in fact make heavy as balls prog rock with a pretty dark edge. I checked out their album The Octopus since I'll be seeing them as opener for Anathema upcoming saturday and I must say it's damn well amazing. If you guys are into this kind of thing, really check them out!

Let's discuss and, if you guys know any similar artists, recommend!

Interglacial Spell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klUupS7GcpA

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

DanFuckingLucas
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 pm 

Yes, I've not heard much but I like what I've heard A LOT. I get paid on Friday and The Octopus is on my to buy list (along with the new Anathema,the reissue of Dopesmoker and Sleep, Orange Goblin and Saint Vitus tickets - a good month's haul!). Sadly, I won't be going to their show with Anathema, I can't afford it or get down south for it, so hopefully they'll announce more UK dates soon - hopefully, with Amplifier.

Reply to topic