Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
autothrall
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 240
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
Burnyoursins, I wonder why you wanna met Autothrall? He would write 3 reviews while you're in the the pub with him.


Pssh...I hear you can distract him with a latte and a checkerboard.
_________________
Reviews: http://www.fromthedustreturned.com
RYM Lists: http://rateyourmusic.com/list/autothrall/

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 6592
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:06 pm 
 

My band's guitarist used to know autothrall quite well for a period of time, actually.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5959
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm 
 

Burnyoursins wrote:
Man, I would love to meet a guy like BastardHead, or Autothrall. I bet they'd be a fucking good time.


Despite the stories I tell and the stupid things I say, I'm really not all that entertaining :lol:. I don't drink and I suck at small talk.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST THING: THE TOP 50 METAL ALBUMS OF 2000-2009 - PART I

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 636
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:44 pm 
 

You don't drink? What do you do to fill your downtime?
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

Opus wrote:
there are only 12 active metal musicians in Finland, and those 3239 bands are just different combinations of those 12 musicians.

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 6592
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:51 pm 
 

Starts with a "p" and rhymes with "forlorn".
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Almost Pennsyltuckey
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:02 pm 
 

Subrick wrote:
Starts with a "p" and rhymes with "forlorn".



Minus a syllable and all :-P

I went to college with one of the former reviewers here, but I haven't seen him around in a while (Aeturnus65). Actually it's been over two years. Time flies, doesn't it. I'm going to start posting when I go to shows, on the off chance that someone else is going. I frequent the Pittsburgh, Philly, Allentown, Baltimore quadrangle.
_________________
Quote:
DON'T GO TO BRAZINDONESIA!!!!!! THEY LIE WITH CLAIM OF BANDS COME TO THERE!!!!!!!!
INDONESIA IS ALWAYS THE YES DECISION!!!!!!! NO TO BRAZIL, INDONESIAN VERY FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \M\\//\

Top
 Profile  
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:45 am
Posts: 10277
Location: In the Arena
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:05 pm 
 

Funny, I live in Pittsburgh. Maybe I'll see you at a show sometime.
_________________
MorbidBlood wrote:
So the winner is Destruction and Infernal Overkill is the motherfucking skullcrushing poserkilling satan-worshiping 666 FUCK YOU greatest german thrash record.

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Almost Pennsyltuckey
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:10 pm 
 

failsafeman wrote:
Funny, I live in Pittsburgh. Maybe I'll see you at a show sometime.


Did you go to the Marduk / Moonspell or the Katatonia / Devin Townsend show? If so, I was at both. I haven't really heard of any good shows coming through for a while.
_________________
Quote:
DON'T GO TO BRAZINDONESIA!!!!!! THEY LIE WITH CLAIM OF BANDS COME TO THERE!!!!!!!!
INDONESIA IS ALWAYS THE YES DECISION!!!!!!! NO TO BRAZIL, INDONESIAN VERY FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \M\\//\

Top
 Profile  
Burnyoursins
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:59 am
Posts: 985
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:11 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
Burnyoursins wrote:
Man, I would love to meet a guy like BastardHead, or Autothrall. I bet they'd be a fucking good time.


Despite the stories I tell and the stupid things I say, I'm really not all that entertaining :lol:. I don't drink and I suck at small talk.


Hey man, as long as I'm drunk, we don't have a problem. *laughs* We could serenade each other with how much we hate that new Wintersun album. Eh? EH? Yeah.
_________________
My last.fm:
http://www.last.fm/user/OurFatherChaos

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Top
 Profile  
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:45 am
Posts: 10277
Location: In the Arena
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:31 am 
 

TheStormIRide wrote:
failsafeman wrote:
Funny, I live in Pittsburgh. Maybe I'll see you at a show sometime.

Did you go to the Marduk / Moonspell or the Katatonia / Devin Townsend show? If so, I was at both. I haven't really heard of any good shows coming through for a while.

Haha no, not really my speed. Last show I was at was at a little bar, saw Negative Plane / Derketa / Vomitor
_________________
MorbidBlood wrote:
So the winner is Destruction and Infernal Overkill is the motherfucking skullcrushing poserkilling satan-worshiping 666 FUCK YOU greatest german thrash record.

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Almost Pennsyltuckey
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 am 
 

failsafeman wrote:
Haha no, not really my speed. Last show I was at was at a little bar, saw Negative Plane / Derketa / Vomitor


Well, if I hit any more local shows, I'll let you know. If anything good comes up and you think about it, shoot me a PM. Now that I'm finally working daylight, I can probably hit some more shows, since it's only like a two hour drive.
_________________
Quote:
DON'T GO TO BRAZINDONESIA!!!!!! THEY LIE WITH CLAIM OF BANDS COME TO THERE!!!!!!!!
INDONESIA IS ALWAYS THE YES DECISION!!!!!!! NO TO BRAZIL, INDONESIAN VERY FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \M\\//\

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 2360
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:44 am 
 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Not sure if this is the matter of the thread but is anybody going to this year's Hellfest?
It would be great to meet some of you!

Same this year! Anybody?
P.S: I have a 3 day ticket for sale too.

Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:49 am 
 

I only met Basquestorm and it was just a funny coincidence because this Basque bastard did a comment about my t-shirt(I think it was Satyricons´s Dark Medieval Times).

I dont think that there are more members of this forum in my area. During the first two weeks of August I will be in Stockholm trying to improve my shitty Swedish so I hope I can atend to some concerts and probably meet one of you haha.

Top
 Profile  
niix
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:48 pm
Posts: 417
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:40 am 
 

find me,
in every leaf that withers..
where my name is none.
_________________
the devil is in the details;
and that is where you will find yourself..

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 3259
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:50 pm 
 

Yeah, I'm down with meeting just about anybody from here. I've met quite a few already, but you're all fine folk.
_________________
I kill fun with words.

Top
 Profile  
Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 5037
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:21 pm 
 

Did you move to Ottawa yet, Derigin? If so, how ya likin' it?

As chance would have it, I'm probably going to be traveling up to Toronto from NY on a few occasions sometime later this year...thought it'd be neat to try and get over in the Montreal/Ottawa area while I'm up there, explore more of Canada and all. Meeting up with any of the Metal Brothers™ (and Metal Sisters™, sold separately) on that part of the earth's surface on such a trip would be most radical.
_________________
Visual Art: The Illuminated Night
Drone: IA
Shop: House of the Black Wolf

Top
 Profile  
Numerator_41
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:06 am
Posts: 1182
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:23 pm 
 

TheStormIRide wrote:
failsafeman wrote:
Funny, I live in Pittsburgh. Maybe I'll see you at a show sometime.


Did you go to the Marduk / Moonspell or the Katatonia / Devin Townsend show? If so, I was at both. I haven't really heard of any good shows coming through for a while.


Godflesh is playing in September, and I think Volahn and Thou are playing at the end of this month if you're into that scene. I mostly frequent smaller hardcore punk shows, but I'll be moving to Pittsburgh in about two months, so maybe I'll see you folks around.
_________________
SatanSmells wrote:
FUKK YOU WHO FUKKING KARES

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
Prince of the Black Sun

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 9764
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:38 pm 
 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Did you move to Ottawa yet, Derigin? If so, how ya likin' it?

As chance would have it, I'm probably going to be traveling up to Toronto from NY on a few occasions sometime later this year...thought it'd be neat to try and get over in the Montreal/Ottawa area while I'm up there, explore more of Canada and all. Meeting up with any of the Metal Brothers™ (and Metal Sisters™, sold separately) on that part of the earth's surface on such a trip would be most radical.

I was looking for a good reason to wear non jeans pants in public so let me know!
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)
Quote:
it's almost not a hamburger anymore it's just a pile of cheese. And for me I love me a Pile of cheese any day!

Top
 Profile  
Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 5037
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:41 pm 
 

Haha, yes! We'll have to see how it all goes, really not certain when it would be, how realistic getting over to Montreal would be, etc. There isn't any sort of high-speed rail that connects those cities, is there? ;)
_________________
Visual Art: The Illuminated Night
Drone: IA
Shop: House of the Black Wolf

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 10375
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:29 am 
 

Montreal is 6 hours away from Toronto by car. Train is probably a bit faster, but I doubt by much, and it's usually expensive. Sorry. :(

I'm going to NYC next week-end. I probably won't have time to meet anyone from M-A but I actually wonder if we have folks from NYC/Manhattan or Jersey City here? Can't think of anyone at the moment.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 3259
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:48 am 
 

Under_Starmere, I'm moving to Ottawa at the end of the month. I'd be more than happy to meet you if you end up swinging by the city. :D
_________________
I kill fun with words.

Top
 Profile  
Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 5037
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:00 am 
 

Right on! Canadians are so xenial.

Morrigan, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people on the board that's in NYC. It's weird, you'd think there'd be at least a few. You coming here for a work thing?
_________________
Visual Art: The Illuminated Night
Drone: IA
Shop: House of the Black Wolf

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 2360
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:19 pm 
 

BasqueStorm wrote:
BasqueStorm wrote:
Not sure if this is the matter of the thread but is anybody going to this year's Hellfest?
It would be great to meet some of you!

Same this year! Anybody?
P.S: I have a 3 day ticket for sale too.

I started this year's review:
http://viviendoapesardelacrisis.blogspot.com/2014/09/hellfest-2015.html

Paganbasque wrote:
I only met Basquestorm and it was just a funny coincidence because this Basque bastard did a comment about my t-shirt(I think it was Satyricons´s Dark Medieval Times).
I dont think that there are more members of this forum in my area. During the first two weeks of August I will be in Stockholm trying to improve my shitty Swedish so I hope I can atend to some concerts and probably meet one of you haha.

I can't remember this but I'm pretty sure it was an HORRIBLE shirt! :-P
LOL!

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 10375
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:48 pm 
 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Right on! Canadians are so xenial.

Morrigan, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people on the board that's in NYC. It's weird, you'd think there'd be at least a few. You coming here for a work thing?

Nope, kendo related. I didn't know you were in NYC! We probably won't have time to meet at all, but, well, anything I should know about NYC? :D
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 5037
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:14 pm 
 

That's funny, I thought I'd mentioned living here enough times that you already knew. Kendo someone for the glory of the archives!

Hmm, what area are you going to be spending time in and how much time will you have? That really affects what I can suggest :). If you've never been to the Metropolitan Museum, I'd have to say it's worth your time. It's incredible...certainly one of my absolute favorite things about New York. One really fun thing on the west side of Manhattan is the High Line. It's an elevated park that winds through the Chelsea/Meatpacking districts (designed by reclaiming an old, abandoned elevated train line). A really cool piece of urban design that offers a unique walking-above-the-streets experience. Nice at sunset, especially.
_________________
Visual Art: The Illuminated Night
Drone: IA
Shop: House of the Black Wolf

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 10375
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:27 pm 
 

We arrive on the Friday 10th (evening) and leave on the 14th (morning or early afternoon probably since it's a long drive home). We'll have kendo practice on Friday evening, (probably) Saturday afternoon and (definitely) Sunday afternoon. So only Monday as a full day for sightseeing sadly.

Museums are cool but I'm not sure I'd be down for that with the time we have. The High Line sounds cool though, I'll definitely suggest it to my friends.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 5037
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:00 pm 
 

Yeah! It's a good place for groups. Lots of fun for the whole (masked, robed, armed) family.
_________________
Visual Art: The Illuminated Night
Drone: IA
Shop: House of the Black Wolf

Top
 Profile  
bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 834
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:28 pm 
 

I'm not sure if there are any other Clevelanders on here, but I'm down to do something.
_________________
Click here for a half-assed Dismember cover of mine.

Top
 Profile  
The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:31 pm
Posts: 205
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:28 am 
 

Nvm
_________________
A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Top
 Profile  
OneRodeToAsaBay
The Doll With the Hideous Spirit

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 2151
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:22 am 
 

Since the last time I posted in this thread, I went to Wings of Metal in 2013 wherein I met quite a few of the MA montréalais and a handful of torontonians. Funds permitting, I think I'll be heading up there again in the next few years, whether for Wings or for some other fest. :)

Pittsburghers, columbusites, clevelanders--holla at ya girl! Over the last couple years, I've been mostly too broke/too much of a sad sack to go to very many shows (giant medical bills will do that to ya :( ) but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things over the last few months. Will definitely be going to Skullfest in august and am hoping to hit up Hells Headbash for at least a day or two in september. Wings of Metal is just a week after Headbash, and the tickets are long since sold out, but I'm still contemplating getting myself there by the seat of my pants...

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5959
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:25 pm 
 

I guess earlier on this page I'd mentioned that I don't drink, but that shit was two years ago and I'm no longer a boring dolt. And hey whaddaya know, there's like a 95% chance I'll be at the Gasthaus in Elgin to see some local death metal play in front of twelve people this Saturday. Ditheist is playing, you should come see them with me. They're rad. Smoking_Gnu is the vocalist. He's a lanky dork who doesn't know what to do with his hands but he's a nice guy who can growl. I haven't texted Erosion of Humanity yet, but he's also in the area and is my MA buddy when it comes to shows so there's always a chance he'll show up too. If you're in the area of the Chicago suburbs, you should totally come buy me some Jack & Cokes from the short bartender with huge boobs because she puts two and a half shots of Jack in each drink.

This is mostly because my girlfriend lives within walking distance of the venue and I want to get drunk and vomit on Gnu for free before stumbling home.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST THING: THE TOP 50 METAL ALBUMS OF 2000-2009 - PART I

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Veteran

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 3192
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 pm 
 

Sounds like fun!
_________________
Under_Starmere wrote:
Couldn't Untappd also be an excellent name for an app that helps virgins locate virgins? Sort of like Grindr for the celibate? This has to have confused tons of people by now.

Top
 Profile  
tomcat_ha
Veteran

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:05 am
Posts: 3450
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:52 pm 
 

please do puke on him

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
Prince of the Black Sun

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 9764
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:53 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
This is mostly because my girlfriend lives within walking distance of the venue and I want to get drunk and vomit on Gnu for free before stumbling home.

I'd like to puke on him and get paid for it!

I'll soon add Derigin to my semi-impressive list of MAers I've met! :)
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)
Quote:
it's almost not a hamburger anymore it's just a pile of cheese. And for me I love me a Pile of cheese any day!

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Veteran

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 3192
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:31 pm 
 

If BH does puke on the Gnu I promise to get full photographic evidence of the event (assuming I'm there) and post it here for all to see.
_________________
Under_Starmere wrote:
Couldn't Untappd also be an excellent name for an app that helps virgins locate virgins? Sort of like Grindr for the celibate? This has to have confused tons of people by now.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Arbiter of the Covenant

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 3259
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:05 pm 
 

Soon Tony. :D I'm looking forward to some poutine sometime, and perhaps a gig or two with you!
_________________
I kill fun with words.

Top
 Profile  
Napero
GedankenPanzer

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Posts: 8709
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:55 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
I'll soon add Derigin to my list of semi-impressive MAers I've met! :)

Pfftt... Meeting Derigin is so 2014.
_________________
Chest wounds suck (when properly inflicted).
-Butch-

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group