Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
autothrall
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 240
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
Burnyoursins, I wonder why you wanna met Autothrall? He would write 3 reviews while you're in the the pub with him.


Pssh...I hear you can distract him with a latte and a checkerboard.
_________________
Reviews: http://www.fromthedustreturned.com
RYM Lists: http://rateyourmusic.com/list/autothrall/

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 6514
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:06 pm 
 

My band's guitarist used to know autothrall quite well for a period of time, actually.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5907
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm 
 

Burnyoursins wrote:
Man, I would love to meet a guy like BastardHead, or Autothrall. I bet they'd be a fucking good time.


Despite the stories I tell and the stupid things I say, I'm really not all that entertaining :lol:. I don't drink and I suck at small talk.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Athena - Twilight of Days

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 623
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:44 pm 
 

You don't drink? What do you do to fill your downtime?
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

Opus wrote:
there are only 12 active metal musicians in Finland, and those 3239 bands are just different combinations of those 12 musicians.

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 6514
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:51 pm 
 

Starts with a "p" and rhymes with "forlorn".
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1176
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:02 pm 
 

Subrick wrote:
Starts with a "p" and rhymes with "forlorn".



Minus a syllable and all :-P

I went to college with one of the former reviewers here, but I haven't seen him around in a while (Aeturnus65). Actually it's been over two years. Time flies, doesn't it. I'm going to start posting when I go to shows, on the off chance that someone else is going. I frequent the Pittsburgh, Philly, Allentown, Baltimore quadrangle.
_________________
Quote:
DON'T GO TO BRAZINDONESIA!!!!!! THEY LIE WITH CLAIM OF BANDS COME TO THERE!!!!!!!!
INDONESIA IS ALWAYS THE YES DECISION!!!!!!! NO TO BRAZIL, INDONESIAN VERY FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \M\\//\

Top
 Profile  
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:45 am
Posts: 10212
Location: In the Arena
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:05 pm 
 

Funny, I live in Pittsburgh. Maybe I'll see you at a show sometime.
_________________
MorbidBlood wrote:
So the winner is Destruction and Infernal Overkill is the motherfucking skullcrushing poserkilling satan-worshiping 666 FUCK YOU greatest german thrash record.

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1176
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:10 pm 
 

failsafeman wrote:
Funny, I live in Pittsburgh. Maybe I'll see you at a show sometime.


Did you go to the Marduk / Moonspell or the Katatonia / Devin Townsend show? If so, I was at both. I haven't really heard of any good shows coming through for a while.
_________________
Quote:
DON'T GO TO BRAZINDONESIA!!!!!! THEY LIE WITH CLAIM OF BANDS COME TO THERE!!!!!!!!
INDONESIA IS ALWAYS THE YES DECISION!!!!!!! NO TO BRAZIL, INDONESIAN VERY FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \M\\//\

Top
 Profile  
Burnyoursins
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:59 am
Posts: 985
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:11 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
Burnyoursins wrote:
Man, I would love to meet a guy like BastardHead, or Autothrall. I bet they'd be a fucking good time.


Despite the stories I tell and the stupid things I say, I'm really not all that entertaining :lol:. I don't drink and I suck at small talk.


Hey man, as long as I'm drunk, we don't have a problem. *laughs* We could serenade each other with how much we hate that new Wintersun album. Eh? EH? Yeah.
_________________
My last.fm:
http://www.last.fm/user/OurFatherChaos

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

Top
 Profile  
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:45 am
Posts: 10212
Location: In the Arena
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:31 am 
 

TheStormIRide wrote:
failsafeman wrote:
Funny, I live in Pittsburgh. Maybe I'll see you at a show sometime.

Did you go to the Marduk / Moonspell or the Katatonia / Devin Townsend show? If so, I was at both. I haven't really heard of any good shows coming through for a while.

Haha no, not really my speed. Last show I was at was at a little bar, saw Negative Plane / Derketa / Vomitor
_________________
MorbidBlood wrote:
So the winner is Destruction and Infernal Overkill is the motherfucking skullcrushing poserkilling satan-worshiping 666 FUCK YOU greatest german thrash record.

Top
 Profile  
TheStormIRide
Jesuscop

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1176
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 am 
 

failsafeman wrote:
Haha no, not really my speed. Last show I was at was at a little bar, saw Negative Plane / Derketa / Vomitor


Well, if I hit any more local shows, I'll let you know. If anything good comes up and you think about it, shoot me a PM. Now that I'm finally working daylight, I can probably hit some more shows, since it's only like a two hour drive.
_________________
Quote:
DON'T GO TO BRAZINDONESIA!!!!!! THEY LIE WITH CLAIM OF BANDS COME TO THERE!!!!!!!!
INDONESIA IS ALWAYS THE YES DECISION!!!!!!! NO TO BRAZIL, INDONESIAN VERY FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \M\\//\

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 2325
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:44 am 
 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Not sure if this is the matter of the thread but is anybody going to this year's Hellfest?
It would be great to meet some of you!

Same this year! Anybody?
P.S: I have a 3 day ticket for sale too.

Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 1991
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:49 am 
 

I only met Basquestorm and it was just a funny coincidence because this Basque bastard did a comment about my t-shirt(I think it was Satyricons´s Dark Medieval Times).

I dont think that there are more members of this forum in my area. During the first two weeks of August I will be in Stockholm trying to improve my shitty Swedish so I hope I can atend to some concerts and probably meet one of you haha.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: darkeningday and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group