Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2730
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 pm 
 

iAm wrote:
shouvince wrote:
Huh? I never saw any of those white-supremacist elements.

As if confederate flag merchandise isn't enough...


Ah well, that is there. But I was referring to something more extreme. Anyway, don't give a shit about that. Whew, lots of Pantera talk.

Top
 Profile  
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:46 pm
Posts: 4903
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 am 
 

I'm glad Phil got his shit together and joined a band that was actually good (not that the puple EP was great). He seems like a genuinly cool human being nowadays.
_________________
lord_ghengis about Vomitory splitting up wrote:
They were a band who understood music needed more explosions.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEndTimeRiff
http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
bloodycumshit
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:10 pm
Posts: 495
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 am 
 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Sometimes, while moderating the band queue, I stumble upon bands that make me want to kill myself, just for how bad they are. Funnily enough, this time the band that achieved it plays DSBM.


what band was it? i like dick sucking black metal that all sounds the same

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 5801
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:34 am 
 

Apparently Eyes of Noctum broke up. Sadness, as they were pretty damn good.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5296
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:07 am 
 

Rhapsody is great, they wrote the most epic song ever (by volume).

Pantera is great, yeah Walk is shit but nobody with half decent taste will deny that, especially when they wrote a ton of other genuinely awesome shit.

This is the official word.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain

Top
 Profile  
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:46 pm
Posts: 4903
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 am 
 

PENIS! EERIE! MINION!
_________________
lord_ghengis about Vomitory splitting up wrote:
They were a band who understood music needed more explosions.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEndTimeRiff
http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
Veracs
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:56 pm
Posts: 1893
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 am 
 

BastardHead wrote:
Rhapsody is great.


:gay:
_________________
Malignanthrone wrote:

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6176
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:50 am 
 

Fucking hell, my university did a Harlem Shake video. Im out.
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 4276
Location: 50 Forts Along The Rhine
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 am 
 

Pantera... I have no interest whatsoever in their style of brütal thrash/groove metal or whatever it's called what they do. Way overrated band. They are like everything Metallica did wrong in the 90s, only worse.
_________________
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?
CorpseFister wrote:
Personally, I prefer to know nothing of the esoteric hierarchy of MA and the profane rituals required to attain rank.

Top
 Profile  
Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:50 am
Posts: 4806
Location: Venestraya
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 am 
 

Crick wrote:
Fucking hell, my university did a Harlem Shake video. Im out.


Guys at work did one. One of the dude's gets naked. It's certainly different.

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2730
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:48 am 
 

Here's pretty much what all the sane people think about the harlem shake. Courtesy Explosm.

Top
 Profile  
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 6176
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:13 am 
 

Still better than Gangnam Style parodies by miles. They spare me horrid parody lyrics and shitty knock-off covers of the music.
_________________
The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Hehe, hole.

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2730
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:39 am 
 

Well yeah, just 30 odd seconds of the Harlem Shake versus that disgustingly popular song where everyone joins in to sing the only part they know which is "Haaaay, Sexaay Laaaydey". Definitely better in that sense. But still irksome.

Top
 Profile  
The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7741
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:44 am 
 

Most people like Gangnam Style because its got a LOLWEIRD video (Asian culture sure is crraaaaaazzzyyy!)

They don't realize that it's meant to be a parody.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Fortunately the seminar started and when it finished, I runed away like if Usain Bolt were about to rape me.

Top
 Profile  
doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:58 am
Posts: 666
Location: India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:04 am 
 

BastardHead wrote:
Rhapsody is great, they wrote the most epic song ever (by volume).

Pantera is great, yeah Walk is shit but nobody with half decent taste will deny that, especially when they wrote a ton of other genuinely awesome shit.

This is the official word.


Rhapsody is great. [2] Call me or the band gay, like a give a shit. :finger:

Never been much of a Pantera fan. In fact I've bashed them on several occasions in past. But they've written some really good songs like Cemetery Gates, The Sleep, Floods, Hollow, they had this kind of melodic sludge thing in some of their compositions which works for me, but on the other hand they've written tons of god-awful proto-nu-metalcore type of shit like Walk, 5 Minutes Alone as mentioned previously. On the contrary Down is a much better band and I like most of their materials. Anselmo may have been a douche but he's a better person now. Moreover, the man has got great taste in Metal and music in general.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 5382
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:39 am 
 

Necroticism174 wrote:
I'm glad Phil got his shit together and joined a band that was actually good (not that the puple EP was great). He seems like a genuinly cool human being nowadays.

Well, you know what I think about Pantera being bad, but yeah, Down's cool. I'm also yet to listen to the new EP thoroughly, now that I think about. I remember hearing it, and not being very impressed. As for Anselmo..... Yeah, guy's quite decent nowadays. He's been pretty mellow since Dimebag died.
BastardHead wrote:

_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I wish I had a black hole and an infinite supply of B83 atomic bombs, each time letting the heat barely rub against all of you before sucking it back with a black hole so I could slowly nuke the previous page over and over again for all time.

Top
 Profile  
dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 2106
Location: Hotlanta, USA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:58 am 
 

Pantera up through CFH rules and a lot of the other stuff they wrote also rules, barring the obvious offenders. I heard Reinventing the Steel the other day after not hearing it for years and years and was surprised at how much I thought of it, great record... some might even say it's goddamn electric.

Also, insinuating that anything that sports the confederate flag must be racist or has ties to white supremacy is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
_________________
SPEWTILATOR - Play Fast // Smoke Grass
NEW 'Goathrower' EP out Feb 14th on Boris Records!
'Ancient Rites of Getting Conjured' split CS w/ Coffin Dust out on Headsplit Rekords!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Top
 Profile  
OceanOfViolence
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:25 am
Posts: 88
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:54 am 
 

shouvince wrote:

:lol:

My university just made a video of their own Harlem Shake, in the college of business of all places... As I said on Facebook, this looks like the MDF Party Brigade minus a goregrind band playing.
_________________
Nucleus: Death Metal
2013 EP, "The Colony," available for free download at our Bandcamp

Top
 Profile  
VoidApostle
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:00 pm
Posts: 195
Location: Within The Vacuum of Infinity
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:01 am 
 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
insinuating that anything that sports the confederate flag must be racist or has ties to white supremacy is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.


This is probably just a coincidence, but, being from the American south, I can say that everyone I've come across who sports a confederate flag also has a "Damn niggers!" attitude.

And are apparently open about it for no apparent reason when around other white people... :|

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 5382
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:18 am 
 

Well, idiots like to think that everyone else is also an idiot, so there's that.

On an unrelated note, I really like this little article on the subject of arachnophobia. Sure, the guy is biased, but he does raise many a valid point. If anything, people should be more wary of clowns. Fuckin' uncanny valley inhabitants.....
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I wish I had a black hole and an infinite supply of B83 atomic bombs, each time letting the heat barely rub against all of you before sucking it back with a black hole so I could slowly nuke the previous page over and over again for all time.

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2730
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm 
 

Quite a cool article, X. When it comes to spiders, I border between mild arachnophilia and indifference...I think I've said that way too many times here. Anyway, one of those images towards the end reminded of this post inhumanist made sometime back :)

Top
 Profile  
iAm
Wastelander

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 5630
Location: West of the Duwamish due South of the Sound
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:07 pm 
 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
This is probably just a coincidence, but, being from the American south, I can say that everyone I've come across who sports a confederate flag also has a "Damn niggers!" attitude.

:nods:

Even in fucking California.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
If the U.N. flew a bunch of C130's over Syria and rained down boxes of Thin Mints, they'd be standing in a giant circle hand-in-hand singing like goddamn Whoville residents within an hour.

I hate music

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 5382
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:26 pm 
 

shouvince wrote:
Quite a cool article, X. When it comes to spiders, I border between mild arachnophilia and indifference...I think I've said that way too many times here. Anyway, one of those images towards the end reminded of this post inhumanist made sometime back :)

Ah yes! The wuddly widdle jumpin' spider! :-D

And really, since I've been reading that guy's page, my respect for arthropods in general has grown a lot. I already liked them quite a bit, but they go from interesting to endearing/totally badass once you seriously learn more about them. They (along with many sea creatures) are the closest thing to aliens we'll ever get to see, and I think that deserves some appreciation.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I wish I had a black hole and an infinite supply of B83 atomic bombs, each time letting the heat barely rub against all of you before sucking it back with a black hole so I could slowly nuke the previous page over and over again for all time.

Top
 Profile  
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 am
Posts: 1966
Location: Panopticon
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:31 pm 
 

VoidApostle wrote:
This is probably just a coincidence, but, being from the American south..



Given the choice they probably wouldn't be there.

or in Haiti
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Revolution

ever wondered why Haiti is so poor today?
_________________
Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1324
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:27 pm 
 

Xlxlx wrote:
I fully support your Rhapsody hate, iAm. Dreadful band...


I don't love you anymore, dude.

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Also, insinuating that anything that sports the confederate flag must be racist or has ties to white supremacy is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.


Hooray for Dixie!
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on being his birthday wrote:
Today is King of Underground's come to earth anniversary, now apologize for your miscreant behaviour!

Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 4276
Location: 50 Forts Along The Rhine
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 pm 
 

Xlxlx wrote:
On an unrelated note, I really like this little article on the subject of arachnophobia. Sure, the guy is biased, but he does raise many a valid point. If anything, people should be more wary of clowns. Fuckin' uncanny valley inhabitants.....

Hehe... the end is good.

Never been afraid of spiders or living things in general (that are not likely to kill me). Am however quite necrophobic for some reason. It's gotten better with growing up though.
_________________
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?
CorpseFister wrote:
Personally, I prefer to know nothing of the esoteric hierarchy of MA and the profane rituals required to attain rank.

Top
 Profile  
Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:10 pm
Posts: 1079
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:29 pm 
 

I love Rhapsody. It should be interesting to hear what Staropoli and Lione's group write.
_________________
BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
Every thread is secretly a Manowar thread.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8701
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:30 pm 
 

It's the exact same time as the other band.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 2106
Location: Hotlanta, USA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 pm 
 

VoidApostle wrote:
dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
insinuating that anything that sports the confederate flag must be racist or has ties to white supremacy is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.


This is probably just a coincidence, but, being from the American south, I can say that everyone I've come across who sports a confederate flag also has a "Damn niggers!" attitude.

Dude, I'm from Georgia, there are plenty of people who are proud to be from the south who aren't racists or white supremacists.
_________________
SPEWTILATOR - Play Fast // Smoke Grass
NEW 'Goathrower' EP out Feb 14th on Boris Records!
'Ancient Rites of Getting Conjured' split CS w/ Coffin Dust out on Headsplit Rekords!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5296
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:35 pm 
 

Xlxlx wrote:
BastardHead wrote:



If somebody can point me to a song more over the top, with more bombast and epicism, in a shorter or at least comparable amount of time, I'll rescind that statement. Until then, y'all be trippin'.

And because I'm a vehement Pantera defender, I maintain that bringing up how much they suck but only mentioning obvious songs like "Walk" or "Five Minutes Alone" is like saying Metallica's whole career is shit because of "Sad But True" and "Until it Sleeps". Suck it up and listen to some other shit or shut the fuck up. If you don't like it, then fair enough, I totally understand, but if you can't understand or acknowledge that "Walk" is an anomaly in their career then you can keep your trap shut regarding their entire career. For real.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain

Top
 Profile  
Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 696
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:52 pm 
 

I also love Rhapsody. Reign Of Terror is one of my favorite songs ever.
_________________
The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Don't need food, I got metal! Don't need air, I got metal! Don't need love, I.... uhhhh.... *cries*

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 2135
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 pm 
 

I think the burden of proof falls on the Pantera fans and not the rest of us in this case. Sure they have a few good songs here and there (maybe 3 or 4 per CD) but on the whole they just kinda suck.
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Crick wrote:
Raw eggs tastier than semen? What horrid ooze-troll have you been blowing?

Top
 Profile  
Dragunov
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:34 pm
Posts: 2339
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 pm 
 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Dude, I'm from Georgia, there are plenty of people who are proud to be from the south who aren't racists or white supremacists.


Jackson, MS checking in here to agree with this statement.
_________________
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Chugging DURDURDUR is more metal than airy lelelelelelelelleele.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5296
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:10 pm 
 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Sure they have a few good songs here and there (maybe 3 or 4 per CD) but on the whole they just kinda suck.


The first half of the sentence validates the second half, it's just unfortunate that a lot of vocal detractors seem to just stick with the second half of it.

EDIT: I should clarify. The fact that you say there are a handful of good songs scattered about isn't what makes your opinion valid, it's the fact that you at least acknowledge that they don't always sound the same as that one crappy song that most fans don't even like.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6435
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:52 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Sure they have a few good songs here and there (maybe 3 or 4 per CD) but on the whole they just kinda suck.


The first half of the sentence validates the second half, it's just unfortunate that a lot of vocal detractors seem to just stick with the second half of it.

EDIT: I should clarify. The fact that you say there are a handful of good songs scattered about isn't what makes your opinion valid, it's the fact that you at least acknowledge that they don't always sound the same as that one crappy song that most fans don't even like.
Nobody can genuinely dislike every last bit of what they've ever done?
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
caspian
Wanderer of the Wastes

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:29 pm
Posts: 6104
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 pm 
 

Pantera post their rightfully-deleted-era were pretty cool for the most part. A good way to tell if someone's a lame, feels/pseudo-intellectual metalhead is by their opinion on post-power metal Pantera (do you prefer Agalloch? Opeth? :gay: :ah-ha: ). VDoP should have a lot wrong with it, but Phil's so charismatic and the guitar riffs just constantly work. To the haterz I would say: walk on home boy.
_________________
http://www.pozible.com/project/177604 <-- got a crowdfunder thing going for an album I'm doing. Pre-order something!


Last edited by caspian on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
VoidApostle
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:00 pm
Posts: 195
Location: Within The Vacuum of Infinity
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 pm 
 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Dude, I'm from Georgia, there are plenty of people who are proud to be from the south who aren't racists or white supremacists.


Like I said, it's probably just a coincidence.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5296
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:59 pm 
 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Nobody can genuinely dislike every last bit of what they've ever done?


That's what the edit was supposed to clear up, because I realized it came off like that. Of course, that's a perfectly valid possibility and opinion, I'm just mainly expressing my frustration with people saying they suck and then going on about how shitty "Walk" is. It's like, goddammit I know "Walk" sucks, what else do you not like?

It's similar to the whole "every Motorhead song sounds the same" thing. I don't know why people are content to hear "Ace of Spades" and "Iron Fist" and then figure they've got the gist of the band. It's the same thing with taking "Walk" and "Five Minutes Alone" from Pantera and totally ignoring the completely different songs from the same albums. Just something that irritates me when trashing the band.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain

Top
 Profile  
caspian
Wanderer of the Wastes

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:29 pm
Posts: 6104
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:59 pm 
 

In unrelated news, really enjoying Morgion's relapse collection. Among Majestic Ruin kills pretty hard, gotta say. Oh, and I enjoy Walk! It's probably the only song of it's ilk (cheesy tough guy stuff, arguably a nu-metal predecessor) that I really enjoy. But I really enjoy it.
_________________
http://www.pozible.com/project/177604 <-- got a crowdfunder thing going for an album I'm doing. Pre-order something!

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6435
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 pm 
 

BastardHead wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:
Nobody can genuinely dislike every last bit of what they've ever done?


That's what the edit was supposed to clear up, because I realized it came off like that. Of course, that's a perfectly valid possibility and opinion, I'm just mainly expressing my frustration with people saying they suck and then going on about how shitty "Walk" is. It's like, goddammit I know "Walk" sucks, what else do you not like?

It's similar to the whole "every Motorhead song sounds the same" thing. I don't know why people are content to hear "Ace of Spades" and "Iron Fist" and then figure they've got the gist of the band. It's the same thing with taking "Walk" and "Five Minutes Alone" from Pantera and totally ignoring the completely different songs from the same albums. Just something that irritates me when trashing the band.

Yeah, ok. I guess I didn't read that too well.
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819 ... 827  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: colin040 and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group