Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
iAm
Wastelander

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 5630
Location: West of the Duwamish due South of the Sound
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 pm 
 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Excuse my computer illiterateness here but I just got my wife's old lap top and I want to put all the music from my ipod onto it and I can't for the life of me figure out how. Is there a way to download everything from my ipod into itunes?

If it's one of the old iPod videos, I'm pretty sure you can do that if you've Rockboxed it.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
If the U.N. flew a bunch of C130's over Syria and rained down boxes of Thin Mints, they'd be standing in a giant circle hand-in-hand singing like goddamn Whoville residents within an hour.

I hate music

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8856
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:51 pm 
 

http://lifehacker.com/105256/how-to-cop ... to-your-pc

This works quite well :) It's quite easy for me with Ubuntu, I just drag and drop with Rhythmbox (a music library software à la Itunes)
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 2379
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 pm 
 

It's a classic so I'll try that first an go from there. Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Crick wrote:
Raw eggs tastier than semen? What horrid ooze-troll have you been blowing?

Top
 Profile  
FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 pm 
 

Is there any software out there like iTunes that will handle .flac files, but still be able to work with an iPod?

Top
 Profile  
metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 pm
Posts: 560
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:37 pm 
 

I've been trying out a lot of different albums. Mostly essentials and stuff, and a lot of /mu/ core and stuff. I like the classics, and I like in the aeroplane over the sea and my bloody valentine's loveless, and stuff like that. My issue that I have is I feel like I reach a dead end after I've found any of these albums. Where are the doors within these albums that lead to other albums? How can I listen to jazz one minute, then listen to low fi indie, then listen to shoegaze etc, and then actually get into things besides the most entry level of albums? I see this a lot on /mu/. People only listen to things that are on the /mu/ list, and the reason they are all so closed minded about metal, of all things, is because they're closed minded, because they're used to listening to music like it's an assortment of chocolates. You pick up one, you try it, then next time you try something completely different. I'm not used to listening to music like that. I long for another genre of music where I can explore as widely, and deeply as metal. I've seen it said before, that metal is more like an acquired tasted. I think it certainly is, except I find that the more I get into it, the more I find, and boy do I find a lot. That's why I have over 600 artists in my last fm. Not because I go through mountains of chocolate boxes, like I was forest gump, and his analogy of life, hehe.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/metaldiscussor

Top
 Profile  
FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:41 pm 
 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I've been trying out a lot of different albums. Mostly essentials and stuff, and a lot of /mu/ core and stuff. I like the classics, and I like in the aeroplane over the sea and my bloody valentine's loveless, and stuff like that. My issue that I have is I feel like I reach a dead end after I've found any of these albums. Where are the doors within these albums that lead to other albums? How can I listen to jazz one minute, then listen to low fi indie, then listen to shoegaze etc, and then actually get into things besides the most entry level of albums? I see this a lot on /mu/. People only listen to things that are on the /mu/ list, and the reason they are all so closed minded about metal, of all things, is because they're closed minded, because they're used to listening to music like it's an assortment of chocolates. You pick up one, you try it, then next time you try something completely different. I'm not used to listening to music like that. I long for another genre of music where I can explore as widely, and deeply as metal. I've seen it said before, that metal is more like an acquired tasted. I think it certainly is, except I find that the more I get into it, the more I find, and boy do I find a lot. That's why I have over 600 artists in my last fm. Not because I go through mountains of chocolate boxes, like I was forest gump, and his analogy of life, hehe.


I try to pay attention to some /mu/core, as I've found a lot of artists that I've really enjoyed (Such as like you mentioned, Neutral Milk Hotel and My Bloody Valentine). I also try not to fuck around with /mu/ too much, as each time I go on I feel like rearranging and deleting half the stuff on my music library.

Top
 Profile  
metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 pm
Posts: 560
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:46 pm 
 

FrizzySkernip wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I've been trying out a lot of different albums. Mostly essentials and stuff, and a lot of /mu/ core and stuff. I like the classics, and I like in the aeroplane over the sea and my bloody valentine's loveless, and stuff like that. My issue that I have is I feel like I reach a dead end after I've found any of these albums. Where are the doors within these albums that lead to other albums? How can I listen to jazz one minute, then listen to low fi indie, then listen to shoegaze etc, and then actually get into things besides the most entry level of albums? I see this a lot on /mu/. People only listen to things that are on the /mu/ list, and the reason they are all so closed minded about metal, of all things, is because they're closed minded, because they're used to listening to music like it's an assortment of chocolates. You pick up one, you try it, then next time you try something completely different. I'm not used to listening to music like that. I long for another genre of music where I can explore as widely, and deeply as metal. I've seen it said before, that metal is more like an acquired tasted. I think it certainly is, except I find that the more I get into it, the more I find, and boy do I find a lot. That's why I have over 600 artists in my last fm. Not because I go through mountains of chocolate boxes, like I was forest gump, and his analogy of life, hehe.


I try to pay attention to some /mu/core, as I've found a lot of artists that I've really enjoyed (Such as like you mentioned, Neutral Milk Hotel and My Bloody Valentine). I also try not to fuck around with /mu/ too much, as each time I go on I feel like rearranging and deleting half the stuff on my music library.

Not to mention everyone on /mu/ probably has ADHD. None of them ever read long and thoughtful responses. They're all too quick to just jump straight to trolling. It's pretty much a website dedicated to trolling, I noticed. I don't really like the website either. I was trying to get into it for like a week and I pretty much hate it now. They're good for the laughs though.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/metaldiscussor

Top
 Profile  
FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:00 pm 
 

Not to mention most of them have superiority complexes. Yeah I've been on for a few years but I've found myself just going on less and less. I just feel like there's nothing new or interesting anymore. Even the laughs have tapered off which is weird.

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:03 pm 
 

Empyreal wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
Listening to Danzig's How the Gods Kill right now. Man, I had forgotten how awesome this album was! Rocking, bluesy, dark goodness with the man himself crooning and wailing like a madman. Anyone else here who happens to be into early Danzig?

I love his debut, but then the second one just never clicks with me at all. I didn't check out anything after that because of this...I should though, I hear there are some really good albums.

Weird that you don't like Lucifuge, man. I personally consider it an improvement over the debut (though I do think that his first album is rather good on its own). Anyway, do check out the next two after Lucifuge. They're great, especially How the Gods Kill. That one is just chock full of dark, rocking goodness.

And hey, CrushedRevelation..... What's wrong with Bodies?
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I wish I had a black hole and an infinite supply of B83 atomic bombs, each time letting the heat barely rub against all of you before sucking it back with a black hole so I could slowly nuke the previous page over and over again for all time.

Top
 Profile  
metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 pm
Posts: 560
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:16 pm 
 

FrizzySkernip wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I've been trying out a lot of different albums. Mostly essentials and stuff, and a lot of /mu/ core and stuff. I like the classics, and I like in the aeroplane over the sea and my bloody valentine's loveless, and stuff like that. My issue that I have is I feel like I reach a dead end after I've found any of these albums. Where are the doors within these albums that lead to other albums? How can I listen to jazz one minute, then listen to low fi indie, then listen to shoegaze etc, and then actually get into things besides the most entry level of albums? I see this a lot on /mu/. People only listen to things that are on the /mu/ list, and the reason they are all so closed minded about metal, of all things, is because they're closed minded, because they're used to listening to music like it's an assortment of chocolates. You pick up one, you try it, then next time you try something completely different. I'm not used to listening to music like that. I long for another genre of music where I can explore as widely, and deeply as metal. I've seen it said before, that metal is more like an acquired tasted. I think it certainly is, except I find that the more I get into it, the more I find, and boy do I find a lot. That's why I have over 600 artists in my last fm. Not because I go through mountains of chocolate boxes, like I was forest gump, and his analogy of life, hehe.


I try to pay attention to some /mu/core, as I've found a lot of artists that I've really enjoyed (Such as like you mentioned, Neutral Milk Hotel and My Bloody Valentine). I also try not to fuck around with /mu/ too much, as each time I go on I feel like rearranging and deleting half the stuff on my music library.

Why would you feel like rearranging your music library? You shouldn't take what those fucks say seriously about your taste, whatever it may be. The only person who should be making decisions about what you should listen to is you, unless you're asking for recommendations or something.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/metaldiscussor

Top
 Profile  
iAm
Wastelander

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 5630
Location: West of the Duwamish due South of the Sound
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm 
 

The funniest thing about /mu/core, is that the list was originally made to troll people into listening to bad music. I mean, who do you know that actually listens to Neutral Milk Hotel?
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
If the U.N. flew a bunch of C130's over Syria and rained down boxes of Thin Mints, they'd be standing in a giant circle hand-in-hand singing like goddamn Whoville residents within an hour.

I hate music

Top
 Profile  
metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 pm
Posts: 560
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:30 pm 
 

iAm wrote:
The funniest thing about /mu/core, is that the list was originally made to troll people into listening to bad music. I mean, who do you know that actually listens to Neutral Milk Hotel?

That's a little weird. I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from when you say that the list was designed to troll people. I actually think Neutral Milk Hotel is pretty cool. What would you consider 'good music'? Don't say metal, because that's too obvious.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/metaldiscussor

Top
 Profile  
TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 1254
Location: Abyss of Hallucinations
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:32 pm 
 

My car is doing this lovely thing where the alarm goes off when I turn the key. I could consult the owner manual, or I could smash it with a bat. I'll let you all know which ends up happening.

Top
 Profile  
FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:33 pm 
 

Very true. I've grown a spine since last being on there. Going to re-download a bunch of stuff I got rid of (i.e. Skeletonwitch) when I get home. I got rid of it because I felt like I wasn't listening to a 'quality' band (which I realize now is absolute bullshit coupled with the fact that I had a tendency to follow /mu/ to the t)
and that there were 'superior' bands to be listening to. But I guess there shouldn't be any boundaries for myself at all when listening to metal. I shouldn't be following some hipsters who think they're better than everyone else.

iAm wrote:
The funniest thing about /mu/core, is that the list was originally made to troll people into listening to bad music. I mean, who do you know that actually listens to Neutral Milk Hotel?


Haha, I don't doubt it. I know a couple people who listen to NMH actually. They're not the best band but I like their style.

Top
 Profile  
metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 pm
Posts: 560
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 pm 
 

FrizzySkernip wrote:
Very true. I've grown a spine since last being on there. Going to re-download a bunch of stuff I got rid of (i.e. Skeletonwitch) when I get home. I got rid of it because I felt like I wasn't listening to a 'quality' band (which I realize now is absolute bullshit coupled with the fact that I had a tendency to follow /mu/ to the t)
and that there were 'superior' bands to be listening to. But I guess there shouldn't be any boundaries for myself at all when listening to metal. I shouldn't be following some hipsters who think they're better than everyone else.

Absolutely! You should listen to bands that you like, and not to mention skeletonwitch is awesome! /mu/ are complete buttholes when it comes to listening to metal, of all music. I learned that throughout the time I've been there. When people say metal is crap, what they're concealing is the fact that they know nothing about it. They're trolling you. It took me a while to understand that a lot of people there are trolls, so no need to feel like they got to you or anything.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/metaldiscussor

Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 4537
Location: 50 Forts Along the Rhine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:41 pm 
 

FrizzySkernip wrote:
Is there any software out there like iTunes that will handle .flac files, but still be able to work with an iPod?

inhumanist wrote:
foobar2000 and this plugin: http://yuo.be/ipod.php

foo_facets will allow you to create an iTunes-like interface, or I can send you mine if that's too much of a hassle.
_________________
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?
CorpseFister wrote:
Personally, I prefer to know nothing of the esoteric hierarchy of MA and the profane rituals required to attain rank.

Top
 Profile  
FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:48 pm 
 

inhumanist wrote:
FrizzySkernip wrote:
Is there any software out there like iTunes that will handle .flac files, but still be able to work with an iPod?

inhumanist wrote:
foobar2000 and this plugin: http://yuo.be/ipod.php

foo_facets will allow you to create an iTunes-like interface, or I can send you mine if that's too much of a hassle.


Thanks a lot. I'll check this out when I get home. :hyper:

Top
 Profile  
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:46 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:07 pm 
 

iAm wrote:
The funniest thing about /mu/core, is that the list was originally made to troll people into listening to bad music. I mean, who do you know that actually listens to Neutral Milk Hotel?

Not me, but I listen to the Dax Riggs cover of In the Aeroplane Over The Sea :love:
_________________
lord_ghengis about Vomitory splitting up wrote:
They were a band who understood music needed more explosions.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEndTimeRiff
http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2795
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 pm 
 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
FrizzySkernip wrote:
Very true. I've grown a spine since last being on there. Going to re-download a bunch of stuff I got rid of (i.e. Skeletonwitch) when I get home. I got rid of it because I felt like I wasn't listening to a 'quality' band (which I realize now is absolute bullshit coupled with the fact that I had a tendency to follow /mu/ to the t)
and that there were 'superior' bands to be listening to. But I guess there shouldn't be any boundaries for myself at all when listening to metal. I shouldn't be following some hipsters who think they're better than everyone else.

Absolutely! You should listen to bands that you like, and not to mention skeletonwitch is awesome! /mu/ are complete buttholes when it comes to listening to metal, of all music. I learned that throughout the time I've been there. When people say metal is crap, what they're concealing is the fact that they know nothing about it. They're trolling you. It took me a while to understand that a lot of people there are trolls, so no need to feel like they got to you or anything.


Of course, 4chan is full of trolls...let alone the /mu/ threads. It had it's fair share of glory back in the day but then I stopped visiting 4chan in 2008-09 coz I felt it was a complete waste of time. It's difficult to find good recommendations on such boards...even reddit/metal isn't too great, still worth a look if you're looking for mainstream metal/info/news.

Top
 Profile  
iAm
Wastelander

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 5630
Location: West of the Duwamish due South of the Sound
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:14 pm 
 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
iAm wrote:
The funniest thing about /mu/core, is that the list was originally made to troll people into listening to bad music. I mean, who do you know that actually listens to Neutral Milk Hotel?

That's a little weird. I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from when you say that the list was designed to troll people. I actually think Neutral Milk Hotel is pretty cool. What would you consider 'good music'? Don't say metal, because that's too obvious.

When I used to browse 4chan years ago that list was compromised of "unlistenable" music like Merzbow and what not to troll new comers asking for generic recommendations. I actually like a NMH side project called A Hawk And A Hacksaw, but as far as NMH goes that's just not my thing... It's too... I dunno. Pretentious? Weird? I'm at a loss finding an adjective to describe how I feel about them.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
If the U.N. flew a bunch of C130's over Syria and rained down boxes of Thin Mints, they'd be standing in a giant circle hand-in-hand singing like goddamn Whoville residents within an hour.

I hate music

Top
 Profile  
hey
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:41 pm
Posts: 1385
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:26 pm 
 

iAm wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
That's a little weird. I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from when you say that the list was designed to troll people. I actually think Neutral Milk Hotel is pretty cool. What would you consider 'good music'? Don't say metal, because that's too obvious.

When I used to browse 4chan years ago that list was compromised of "unlistenable" music like Merzbow and what not to troll new comers asking for generic recommendations. I actually like a NMH side project called A Hawk And A Hacksaw, but as far as NMH goes that's just not my thing... It's too... I dunno. Pretentious? Weird? I'm at a loss finding an adjective to describe how I feel about them.

Maybe it's just me, but NMH came off as extremely boring the few times I've listened to them.

Top
 Profile  
Adriankat
Veteran

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:54 pm
Posts: 2652
Location: San Jose, California
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:38 pm 
 

I tried starting a discussion in a metal thread on /mu/ once. Got a few good responses and interesting opinions but they were drowned out by neckbeards accusing some girl (or guy pretender) of being a disgusting-looking attention whore.

Yeah, don't go to /mu/.
_________________
Let's be friends on Steam|Last.FM|Instagram!

Top
 Profile  
FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:41 pm 
 

Hahahaha that sounds like /mu/.

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2795
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:41 pm 
 

hey wrote:
iAm wrote:
When I used to browse 4chan years ago that list was compromised of "unlistenable" music like Merzbow and what not to troll new comers asking for generic recommendations. I actually like a NMH side project called A Hawk And A Hacksaw, but as far as NMH goes that's just not my thing... It's too... I dunno. Pretentious? Weird? I'm at a loss finding an adjective to describe how I feel about them.

Maybe it's just me, but NMH came off as extremely boring the few times I've listened to them.


They are boring. I tried listening to them because of the company I kept long time ago. They were into indie/folk/etcetera. The only bearable track for me was 'In the aeroplane over the sea' track that Necro mentioned. I don't know if they can be called pretentious though. Their music is a bit on the weird side and that's probably why the band receives a lot posthumous worship from self-proclaimed-non-conformist hipster douches.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8856
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:44 pm 
 

Also, it's one of the only 10/10 Pitchfork gave so it resonates within the indie hipster world, I personally think it's a great album, but yeah, it's overrated.
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:48 pm 
 

I saw that edit Metantoine. Gotta poke fun at the hipsters! :thumbsup:

Top
 Profile  
iAm
Wastelander

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 5630
Location: West of the Duwamish due South of the Sound
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:56 pm 
 

Adriankat wrote:
I tried starting a discussion in a metal thread on /mu/ once. Got a few good responses and interesting opinions but they were drowned out by neckbeards accusing some girl (or guy pretender) of being a disgusting-looking attention whore.

Yeah, don't go to /mu/.

:lol:
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
If the U.N. flew a bunch of C130's over Syria and rained down boxes of Thin Mints, they'd be standing in a giant circle hand-in-hand singing like goddamn Whoville residents within an hour.

I hate music

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19234
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:31 pm 
 

Xlxlx wrote:
Weird that you don't like Lucifuge, man. I personally consider it an improvement over the debut (though I do think that his first album is rather good on its own). Anyway, do check out the next two after Lucifuge. They're great, especially How the Gods Kill. That one is just chock full of dark, rocking goodness.


Yeah, I dunno, Lucifuge sounds exactly like the debut, but the songwriting just isn't there for me. I liked it the first time I heard it but then could never really finish the whole album afterwards.

And I never cared about the whole indie/hipster anything. Neutral Milk Hotel is pretty great actually. It's mood music and I'm not always totally into it, but sometimes that album is incredibly powerful.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: The Nun

Top
 Profile  
Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:27 am
Posts: 1399
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:12 pm 
 

Gillan is such a criminally underrated band, I never see any discussion about them. Glory Road and Future shock are great albums.

Also I bought psychocandy the other day, and listening to it now it's really great, way more going on in it than I remember. Also what's /mu/core and what do MBV have to do with it? I got into them through just exploring shoegaze when bands listed it as an influence.
_________________
http://swirlsofnoise.wordpress.com/ Reviews and interviews, mostly ambient/drone and metal. Let me know if you want your stuff reviewed.

Top
 Profile  
shouvince
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 am
Posts: 2795
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:42 pm 
 

Was it Goatfangs with the mantis fetish? Well, I just saw this on the reddit/videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... uQTJHb0eg0

You can actually see the food pass through the body of this glass mantis as it's chewing that fly :eek:

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 4103
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:45 pm 
 

shouvince wrote:
Was it Goatfangs with the mantis fetish? Well, I just saw this on the reddit/videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... uQTJHb0eg0

You can actually see the food pass through the body of this glass mantis as it's chewing that fly :eek:

Oh God, why did I click this? WHY DID I CLICK THIS?!

Spoiler: show
Image
_________________
Anime Reviews every two weeks!
Artwork once or twice a year!
M-A reviews every leap year!
Last.fm all day long!

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 pm 
 

I love mantids and everything, but that video..... I couldn't watch it for more than a few seconds. The camera angles coupled with the soundtrack..... They made my skin crawl.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I wish I had a black hole and an infinite supply of B83 atomic bombs, each time letting the heat barely rub against all of you before sucking it back with a black hole so I could slowly nuke the previous page over and over again for all time.

Top
 Profile  
inhumanist
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 4537
Location: 50 Forts Along the Rhine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:11 pm 
 

Way to overreact. Imo it wasn't as much NOPE as you make it seem. Interesting rather. But then again I just played two campaigns of L4D2 while listening to grindcore. I'm pretty much emotionally numb at this point.
_________________
Metantoine wrote:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?
CorpseFister wrote:
Personally, I prefer to know nothing of the esoteric hierarchy of MA and the profane rituals required to attain rank.

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 pm 
 

oneyoudontknow wrote:

You forgot about these guys.
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them


Last edited by MalignantThrone on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:46 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:33 pm 
 

That's Xlxlx's thing, inhumanist. He takes everything to 11. I expect one of his posts in the near future to be something like this : '' I ate some chips today and they were FUCKING DELICIOUS! They were no regular chips, these were super expensive chips that give every single one of your taste buds 47 orgasms with every bite! It was the best day ever!''
_________________
lord_ghengis about Vomitory splitting up wrote:
They were a band who understood music needed more explosions.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEndTimeRiff
http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm 
 

Exactly Necro, and after being a member of MA for a year already, I expect people to remember one of my main personality traits. I'm going to pout now :annoyed:

Spoiler: show
:-P :lol:


Also; Necro, I wouldn't go crazy like that over some fucking chips. Waffles, on the other hand..... Those things are bloody magical.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I wish I had a black hole and an infinite supply of B83 atomic bombs, each time letting the heat barely rub against all of you before sucking it back with a black hole so I could slowly nuke the previous page over and over again for all time.

Top
 Profile  
hey
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:41 pm
Posts: 1385
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:00 pm 
 

Xlxlx wrote:
Waffles, on the other hand..... Those things are bloody magical.

Waffles pale in comparison to crepes.

Top
 Profile  
Xlxlx
Metal freak

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 pm 
 

Blasphemer!

What are crepes, though?
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I wish I had a black hole and an infinite supply of B83 atomic bombs, each time letting the heat barely rub against all of you before sucking it back with a black hole so I could slowly nuke the previous page over and over again for all time.

Top
 Profile  
hey
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:41 pm
Posts: 1385
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 pm 
 

Basically a very thin pancake.

Top
 Profile  
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:46 pm
Posts: 4988
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 pm 
 

Yeah, crepes are way better than fucking waffles. :snipe:
_________________
lord_ghengis about Vomitory splitting up wrote:
They were a band who understood music needed more explosions.

http://www.last.fm/user/TheEndTimeRiff
http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 775, 776, 777, 778, 779, 780, 781 ... 827  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CF_Mono, HellBlazer, henkkjelle, Machine_Dead, mornox and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group