Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:15 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
I hate it when my boss starts to question why you read/watch/listen to books/movies/music. "What message does it leave inside of you??? Does it make you a better person??? What's the moral of that story???".

It's not a fucking fable, goddammit!!!!

What? Those aren't exactly stupid questions. Unnecessary for some activities, but certainly not dumb.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:20 pm 

I like it wen u call me bog poopie.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:
Diamhea wrote:
Heh, I just realized that on Skyfire's Mind Revolution, one of the popular leaks of the album mushed the Track "Caged" and its run time of 4:01 together in the song title, resulting in "Caged 401".

Now everyone thinks that is the title of the song, even one of the MA reviews refers to it as this.

When CoB's Blooddrunk got leaked the first song was tagged Hellbounds on my trail instead of hellhounds, the first month or so all the scrobbles on lastfm for hellbounds, just shows how many people pirate lol

One of my favorites is Beyond the Permafrost by Skeletonwitch. When I first downloaded it the first half a second was cut off of pretty much every song, it annoyed me, so I redownloaded it from a different file and it once again cut each song by just a tiny bit. Not enough to miss anything, but enough for me to notice and enough to annoy me. When I bought the album, all the songs started correctly, without that little snippet missing, so it's clearly just the pirated copies that do that.

The reason I bring this up is because the track "Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery" is in that somewhat infamous videogame, Brutal Legend. How does the song start? With the first half a second clipped off. Classy guys, classy.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
What? Those aren't exactly stupid questions. Unnecessary for some activities, but certainly not dumb.

I didn't say they were dumb questions. I just hate it when he asks. It's not like there's any moral to be learnt when listening to "Come to the Sabbath" and talking about the differences between a movie and the book it was based upon.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

MetalHearted
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:41 pm 

I haven't been on here in a longg time, it's nice seeing it pretty unchanged. I was browsing around and I saw someone signature with the guy saying a Blind Guardian shirt is like saying you're a virgin and you're going to stay that way, reminded me of when I was going to buy one when I was like 15 or 16 and my mom was like .....do you WANT a girlfriend?? Haha good memories.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:05 pm 

My gf just asked me to guess what was coming up next Monday. I figured it was garbage day since I forgot this week.

The correct answer was our anniversary. :lol:

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:29 pm 

What's the difference? :P
Hehe, foreskins.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:30 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:
My gf just asked me to guess what was coming up next Monday. I figured it was garbage day since I forgot this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

What your girlfriend would have done if you had forgotten completely.

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:52 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:

http://www.candor.com/reminder/

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:54 pm 

Haha, nah she’s pretty relaxed about that kind of thing, we had a good laugh. Besides we’re shacked up together, the romance is dead. :p

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:32 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:
Haha, nah she’s pretty relaxed about that kind of thing, we had a good laugh. Besides we’re shacked up together, the romance is dead. :p

The fact that she laughed about it means she deserves a nice night out for being so cool :lol:

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:39 pm 

You heard Peach, CF, so you just leave her alone all night.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:

My anniversary is Halloween, which means I'm unlikely to forget... or if I do I'm worse than I thought I was.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
I wouldn't compare Tyr with Windir, they're just too different, Tyr is progressive metal with folk elements, Windir is more based in black metal and they're more respected, renowned and influential in their genre.

FYI I wasn't comparing them beyond both being tagged with folk, being hyped beyond belief, and being supremely dull.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI

Why? :ugh:

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:26 pm 

Because you touch yourself at night.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:29 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
Because you touch yourself at night.

In that case, it's an offer I'm willing to make. (star wars, that is)

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:03 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI

Why? :ugh:

Full brain my of fuck is.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:10 pm 

Okay, I know Allmusic is hardly a reliable source on anything, but calling Static-X's debut album "gutbucket thrash"? Really? :ugh:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:23 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Okay, I know Allmusic is hardly a reliable source on anything, but calling Static-X's debut album "gutbucket thrash"? Really? :ugh:

Wow that made me chuckle out loud; in the library to boot!
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:14 pm 

Allmusic is amazing for stuff like that.

last.fm

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:15 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
I like it wen u call me bog poopie.

Didn't you use this joke a few days ago? It wasn't any funnier this time. ...ah well.

Today it occurred to me that Desultory's Into Eternity has an incredible amount of mediocre lead work where awesome guitar solos should be. So much unfulfilled potential on that album.

This has been a sad post. :(

Crick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:33 pm 

So Ningen-Isu's "Shinen" is kind of one of the best songs they've written in years, and they weren't doing bad before this.
Hehe, foreskins.

~Guest 256486
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 pm 

Judas Priest is fucking amazing. I've been getting seriously addicted to their '70s and early '80s stuff a lot lately.

I'd just rather not think of Turbo or anything else they put out after Painkiller.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:42 pm 

All Judas Priest albums are good.

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:18 pm 

I should listen to my Countess albums some more. Just put Blazing Flames of War on. Never thought a whole lot of this one before; but it's kicking my ass right now.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 pm 

Seriously....Jesu Opiate Sun I said it a month ago. Saying it again. Amazing album.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 pm 

Aeonblade wrote:
I should listen to my Countess albums some more. Just put Blazing Flames of War on. Never thought a whole lot of this one before; but it's kicking my ass right now.

Have you heard Burning Scripture yet? Its the same basic outline of an album, but I think the contents are improved in every aspect. On Wings of Defiance is really good too, but I think Burning Scripture may be my favorite Countess album, period. I hardly ever find myself listening to his old stuff any more to be honest. I'm glad he decided to tone down the black metal and dial up the heavy metal.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 pm 

You think Countess albums of the Holocaust of the god believers style are improving over time? Seems like it's been the same thing over and over since Holocaust but at a lower wattage each time... Orlock should shake things up completely and implement a new style. This has served him well in the past, as his best have usually been right after he did so, Gospel, Shining Swords, etc.

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:

Have you heard Burning Scripture yet? Its the same basic outline of an album, but I think the contents are improved in every aspect. On Wings of Defiance is really good too, but I think Burning Scripture may be my favorite Countess album, period. I hardly ever find myself listening to his old stuff any more to be honest. I'm glad he decided to tone down the black metal and dial up the heavy metal.

I actually ordered a copy of Burning Scripture yesterday. Haven't heard it, but I figured I better snag a copy before it goes out of print.

I'm glad he dropped those distorted vocals. Holocaust of the God Believers is a pretty cool album, but those vocals are really grating. Pretty sure they're on Spawn of Steel and Heilig Vuur too, but it's been a long time since I've listened to those.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:37 pm 

I couldn't say there's been a steady improvement over time, no, but that's pretty much only because I don't like On Wings... more than Burning Scripture. I also haven't heard Holocaust though, so I can't say with the same perspective that you have. All I know is that I like Burning Scripture more than any of what came before it, including his much older stuff. I wouldn't be upset if he decided to start with something completely fresh on the next album or the one after that, but I've got a feeling his "epic heavy metal" period will always be the shining spot in his discography for me.

I need to give Shining Swords another chance sometime. I listened to it ONCE when BlackGoat flushed all that backstock. First impressions were not strong, to say the least.

Aeonblade: Nice! Hopefully you'll love it as much as I do. I do agree on the vocal effects. He has such an awesome, naturally bone-dry rasp that it just doesn't seem right to bury it under processing. I do still love Heilig Vuur and Spawn of Steel though. They may not have been as blatant but I think those albums are way more traditional sounding than black metal.

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 pm 

Couldn't get into Shining Swords. Children of the North Star is a really nice track though. I'll give that one another listen soon, it's a pretty dense and murky album.

Heilig Vuur and Spawn of Steel are awesome albums, Heilig especially. The processed vocals aren't great, but that album is just so good musically.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:23 am 

I find this to be such a badass flyer: http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/wp-cont ... 12Tour.jpg

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:28 am 

Good lord, Unexpect play some bad music.

Crick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:12 am 

It always seems to be such a clear cut divide when it comes to Unexpect. You have people who absolutely detest what they do, then you have people like me who enjoy every single thing they've ever done.
Hehe, foreskins.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:13 am 

I'm not a fan. It's enjoyable, but not enough to keep me interested.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:15 am 

Hmmm. When I casually asked a friend of mine who's hosting a party this weekend whether I should bring anything, he answered: "One medium-sized bottle of apple schnapps." Overly specific instructions scare me...

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 am 

He is probably planning for shots.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:22 am 

With apple schnapps?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 am 

Concerning Unexpect, I'm Québécois and find them annoying as fuck!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367 ... 827  Next