Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:08 pm 

Speaking of the mentally handicapped, I seem to have an inexplicable dislike for retards. Actual retards, not just stupid people. If anything, the fact that they cant help it makes me like them less. I would prefer to be away from them altogether. This probably makes me a bad person, but I don't seem to particularly care. It's seriously like, racism levels of hatred.

The weird thing is that there's another half of me that always chimes in with a reminder of their humanity and the like, so I know it's wrong. But I just really, really can't even remotely tolerate them.
Hehe, foreskins.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:12 pm 

Oh my. I don't think it's inexplicable though, people do not like being reminded of how frail and fucked up the human body can be. It's also a reminder that we are (mostly) very lucky to be born with all of our major parts functioning normally.

I think a lot of people are made uncomfortable by the handicapped. Still, you should work on that.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:13 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:
Oh my. I don't think it's inexplicable though, people do not like being reminded of how frail and fucked up the human body can be. It's also a reminder that we are (mostly) very lucky to be born with all of our major parts functioning normally.

I think a lot of people are made uncomfortable by the handicapped. Still, you should work on that.

It's not so much regular people being lucky as it is the handicapped being unlucky, I'd say.

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:14 pm 

Prozac sucks. It does give a serotonin boost, but with all the side effects I just felt much worse overall. Complete and utter destruction of any sex drive I had was probably the worst one. And the brain zap withdrawals, even after tapering off, were hell to go through.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:16 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
Prozac sucks. It does give a serotonin boost, but with all the side effects I just felt much worse overall. Complete and utter destruction of any sex drive I had was probably the worst one. And the brain zap withdrawals, even after tapering off, were hell to go through.

And this is why I'm glad that I don't take any medication.

Crick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:20 pm 

CorpseFister wrote:

Well, it's mainly just the ones with the mental development of a 4 year old with the strength of a chimpanzee. Or the ones that can't speak and drool, or the ones that can't move and moan. Mainly the ones with anger issues though. I think its unsafe for them to be forced into society; they can't properly manage their own strength/emotions a lot of the time. I get that it's the kind thing to do to try and treat them like normal people, but they really aren't. MOST of the time -- I've known a few who were totally okay. So I suppose it's not really racism levels of dislike, Im just not a... Erm... tard hugger?
Hehe, foreskins.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:20 pm 

Prozac didn't do shit for me, no side-effects, no desired effects, either. Like taking a placebo.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:25 pm 

Dear John Cyriis:

Fuck you. No one needs you. Not "your" band. Not "your" fans. Fuck you.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:29 pm 

So, I'm listening to the Pyphomgertum/Dawn split for the first time. I'm kind of wishing that I had just downloaded Dawn's Apparition demo instead. Pyphomgertum's side has godawful production, even for a demo. All you hear hear are gurgly vocals and drums. Very little else. Dawn's side, however, is awesome.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:34 pm 

Crick wrote:
Im just not a... Erm... tard hugger?

Ha, fair enough. People with the kind of problems you describe really shouldn’t be doing much without assistance anyway.

My gf’s stepbrother has a number of developmental disabilities. He’s 29, but an emotional age probably somewhere around 10. It can be a bit trying at family functions to keep him settled down, but he can also be very sweet and funny. He has absolutely no sense of quantity, so he’ll often say things like ‘Guess what!? I drank 20 beers last night!’ when it was probably two. And last Christmas when we were opening some presents, everything he got, no matter how small, he’d exclaim ‘SHIT ON A LOG!!!’.

It was strange getting used to, but if you accept him on his level he can be pretty fun to have around.

Crick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:38 pm 

Eh, well, I'm not all that fond of kids either, so that's probably why I don't enjoy being around the ones with stunted mental growth. And I'd certainly feel bad if something happened to one of them because they went, err, "out of control". Again, my mind would never let me view them as something so subhuman as to justify cruel treatment of them.

But on the other hand, my mom has to work with a 40 year old woman with such a handicap. She's not the best at handling her emotions and as such is prone to violent temper tantrums. Which isn't too bad, I guess, save for the fact that my mom works at nursing home. Who's idea was it to put someone like that in a place full of people who need to be cared for themselves? At some point the integration is just not a good idea.
Hehe, foreskins.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:04 pm 

I have a mildly autistic younger sibling.

It has made for an interesting upbringing.

last.fm

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:06 pm 

Crick wrote:
Well, it's mainly just the ones with the mental development of a 4 year old with the strength of a chimpanzee. Or the ones that can't speak and drool, or the ones that can't move and moan. Mainly the ones with anger issues though.

What about the prodigious savants like this kid? He's an autistic jazz prodigy at 14.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

Crick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:11 pm 

That's a different sort of thing. Autism isn't anywhere near the same as mental retardation. Besides, people like that are awesome and contribute epic things to society.
Hehe, foreskins.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDWBVAQlUYw

Drummer with no hands! :thumbsup:

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:07 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
The fat dude from that "funniest black metal video ever" has died.

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/B ... gref/13828

This is truly sad because I felt they were a decent parody of black metal. I discovered them when someone posted a funny picture with Balfabar holding a staff that had a drawing of a cat on the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7HLFH1N7Yk

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dets%C3% ... 8040857618

I'm buying a fucking T-shirt. Don't care if XL is all they have left.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Last edited by Goatfangs on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:11 pm 

Crick, you should keep your thoughts to yourself sometimes.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:12 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
"grab the bitch and start to fist fuck?"

or something equally as vulgar...from gomorro? I don't remember.

It's actually "Grab the bitch and start the fistfuck!" I don't know why I know that specific word.

HumanWaste5150
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:16 pm 

Crick wrote:
That's a different sort of thing. Autism isn't anywhere near the same as mental retardation. Besides, people like that are awesome and contribute epic things to society.

Many people diagnosed with severe forms of autism are nonverbal, violent, physically strong, and other elements of what people generally consider as "mental retardation".
We fought to the last breath
Wonder if we will shake hands
Beyond the gates of death

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:31 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
The fat dude from that "funniest black metal video ever" has died.

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/B ... gref/13828

You mean the "Worst Metal Band EVER!" video? I didn't know that they even had an entry here. Sucks that guy died. They were hilarious, and it seems like they had some talent.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

Crick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:35 pm 

Metantoine wrote:

Eh, if I never said it it would've sounded twice as bad when it finally inadvertently did come out. I think its healthy.
Hehe, foreskins.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm 

I just remembered that, earlier today, I was in a hurry to get somewhere when I got stuck behind AN ENTIRE FUNERAL PROCESSION.

That sucked.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:53 pm 

Crick wrote:
Metantoine wrote:

Eh, if I never said it it would've sounded twice as bad when it finally inadvertently did come out. I think its healthy.

Not all autistic people are dangers to themselves/society, y'know.

On a side note: 'Stalingrad' is fucking awesome. 'Blood Of The Nations' didn't strike the right chord with me, but fucking hell, this surely does.

Crick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Not all autistic people are dangers to themselves/society, y'know.

I don't think I said that at any point. But hey, I also don't particularly worry about my reputation either, so...
Hehe, foreskins.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:03 pm 

Is this really getting locked again? Show some mercy..

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
On a side note: 'Stalingrad' is fucking awesome. 'Blood Of The Nations' didn't strike the right chord with me, but fucking hell, this surely does.

Oh yeah. It feels more rocking and like the 'classic' Accept, rather than going with the Germanic Painkiller-esque style of the bands that they influenced, if that makes sense.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:14 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:

Oh yeah. It feels more rocking and like the 'classic' Accept, rather than going with the Germanic Painkiller-esque style of the bands that they influenced, if that makes sense.

Yeah Stalingrad is certainly better than Blood of the Nations. I feel part of that is due to the bloating of the latter not being a problem on the former. They really reined it in with this one and kept it to a reasonable amount. Also "Hung, Drawn, and Quartered" and "FLASH TO BANG TIiIiIiIiIiIIIME" are fucking incredibly awesome. The whole album is great, but it's no surprise I like the speedier songs more, haha.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:

I find it the exact opposite, I think, actually. 'Blood...' was a little too ordinary and "rockin'!" so to speak. It didn't help that every song was the same length, and most of the riffs were fairly ordinary. Rolling Thunder is an awesome track, though. But a lot of it moved at the same speed with little deviation or interest to sustain it all the way through way. I fully realize and respect the musicianship on it, though, but on a track-by-track basis, it just didn't hit me.

'Stalingrad' just sounds like it has a lot more going for it. More unique riffs, varying speeds, vary length helps, too.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm 

And yeah, Stalingrad, the track, pretty much wipes the floor with the entirety of 'Blood Of The Nations'.

STALINGRAD! BA-DU-DU-DAAA. BA-DU-DU-DAA. STALINGRAD!

One-hundred percent.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:36 pm 

This has probably been brought up before, but have the admins ever considered adding something like a "Prime" to this site? As in, for a fee you could have forum privileges (Custom title options etc) and such.

Just a thought.

last.fm

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 pm 

Would anybody actually pay money so that they can have a semi witty phrase underneath their name on a metal website?

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
Would anybody actually pay money so that they can have a semi witty phrase underneath their name on a metal website?

Is this a serious question?

The answer is yes. Very yes.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:

I don't really speak for myself here, but the answer is yes.

last.fm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 pm 

Be like XIxlx and you'll get a free custom title!! I don't think Morri and HB were considering that, no. They're not in it for the money. What additional features would you like to have?

Zelkiro, I guess you can just ask for one...

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:51 pm 

Metantoine, can i plz have a custom title?? Preferably something semi witty?

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:

This time tomorrow, your title will be "Something Semi-Witty."

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:

This time tomorrow, your title will be "Something Semi-Witty."

This time tomorrow? Pft. More like, in ten minutes.

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 pm 

Being able to buy your own title would destroy the novelty of having a mod give one to you.

Titles should have to be earned, not bought!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 pm 

If you beg for a title yet can't even come up with your own, you deserve something unflattering for sure...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 pm 

Ask and you will receive. By the way, I can't give titles, I lack this super power, I can fly though.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396 ... 827  Next