Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:48 pm 

That's fucking... awful, BH. I'm speechless.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:50 pm 

Quote:
Tears flowing down my cheeks, ready to be licked up by my sad ,sad :nazi: tounge :nazi: just waiting for their salty taste to unfold in the gaping hole I use to consume the bitterness of existence each and every day. Yes, that's what my life is all about.

Tounge? TOUNGE?!

Also BastardHead: major suckballs on that. What happened?

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:29 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
So my girlfriend is homeless now, that's pretty great. I live at home so I can't take her, none of her friends or family will either. I dropped her off at the train station today. She had one backpack full of clothes and ten dollars. Nobody was coming to pick her up, that was her destination. It's pretty much impossible for me to focus on anything right now, this sucks so goddamned bad.

This is really none of my business man, but your parents wont even consider letting her crash until shes on her feet? Probably some circumstances I'm not privy to but that seems crazy to me.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:37 pm 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Damn, though, that sucks, man. Condolences.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:40 pm 

For me, there's nothing worse than being the one to be relied on but not being to do anything to help. Sucks a lot, I hope things turn out well.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 pm 

Yeah, bro. My condolences. That sounds fucking terrible.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:04 am 

BastardHead wrote:
So my girlfriend is homeless now, that's pretty great. I live at home so I can't take her, none of her friends or family will either. I dropped her off at the train station today. She had one backpack full of clothes and ten dollars. Nobody was coming to pick her up, that was her destination. It's pretty much impossible for me to focus on anything right now, this sucks so goddamned bad.

As someone else mentioned: can't your parents allow her to stay at yours, even for a short time, so she can get back on her feet? Allowing her to stay at a train station is sad and totally unsafe.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:35 am 

theposega wrote:
Yeah, bro. My condolences. That sounds fucking terrible.

Pretty much this. That really sucks. Maybe this is a dumb idea, but could you let her sleep in you car (if you have one)? Sounds a bit better than a train station.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:40 am 

I'll echo the sentiment; that sucks major balls, BH. It's really awful to see someone you deeply care about suffer, and being unable to do anything about it.....

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:36 am 

A relevant question: why is she homeless in the first place? Religious family not liking BH and kicking her out because, well, Sharia? Murdered her parents? Horrible bodily odours? Bankrupt family? Sold to the gypsies when 2 years old and finally managed to escape from the circus?

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:05 am 

Wow. Just Wow.
BastardHead's girlfriend is homeless (in which is WAY worst than everyone's problems) and Hot Topic fuck's up on one of Testament's album titles.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:10 am 

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... est-stunt/
Huh, who knows if he'll survive this.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:32 am 

Quote:
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... est-stunt/
Huh, who knows if he'll survive this.

As far as I know, the physics behind Tesla coils guarantees that there's very little chance of harm at all.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:10 am 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
Wow. Just Wow.
BastardHead's girlfriend is homeless (in which is WAY worst than everyone's problems) and Hot Topic fuck's up on one of Testament's album titles.

Oh, the humanity! A young woman becomes homeless, and a large retail website misspells something!

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:27 pm 

Just saw Cannibal Corpse. They were fantastic!

Corpsegrinder's neck.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:40 pm 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
Wow. Just Wow.

Testament fucking blows so who fucking cares?

Also if anyone has any ideas on going to see Taken 2, I strongly advise against it.

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:44 pm 

I dig this car ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8V7MXd7UkM

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:57 pm 

Violent_Possessor wrote:
Testament fucking blows so who fucking cares?

:roll:

And for BastardHead, that really sucks man. I hope everything turns out ok.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:24 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

As someone else mentioned: can't your parents allow her to stay at yours, even for a short time, so she can get back on her feet? Allowing her to stay at a train station is sad and totally unsafe.

Yeah, that's a horrible situation, BastardHead...

I guess a cheap hotel is also out of the question because of the absence of any real money. I do agree with Mikey and the others about asking your parents if she can stay at their place for the night. I once spend a night at the trainstation because of the absence of trains, and while nothing happened, I didn't feel safe at all. Ofcourse, I don't know anything about the situation/exact circumstances, but your parents couldn't be that hard to turn around?

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:14 pm 

Long story made short, her dad is insane. She ran away a year ago, and when she swallowed her pride, apologized and came back, he just seemed to always hold it against her. First he sold the car she drove (technically it WAS his, but she is the only one who drove it), moved into a smaller apartment so she wouldn't have a bedroom, decided to stop driving her to her job because he just didn't feel like it anymore, forcing her to quit the job she relied on him for, demanding she pay rent only after she no longer has income, locks the cable box to only show news networks seemingly just to spite her always being home now, took her wash card so she had to go to a laundromat two miles away to do laundry, took her apartment key because why not, and then one day just told her to never come back. When she came to get her stuff (she was with me when he told her), he refused to let her in and instead made her cousin load all of her crap outside. Her mom won't take her for whatever reason (she's adopted and she suspects that their real daughter would be accomodated just fine, whereas nobody is helping her), and most of her friends live at home and no families would take her. She has one friend with her own place, but she's being petty and holding a grudge over some stupid fight they had a month ago and is refusing to help her out.

My mom has a lot of stuff going on so it was just bad timing. She got crazy mad that I let her stay but seems really sorry about it today. Apparently my girlfriend found some strangers that let her stay the night but she can't stay any longer. I haven't had any contact with her since. She doesn't have a phone charger so I assume she's conserving battery. Either way it's a fun time. My car is full of her clothes right now, but it's a rental thanks to my little accident a week or so ago (I think it was while my laptop was dead so I didn't tell that story here). Basically this is a relentless cavalcade of awful timing.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 pm 

Your girlfriend's dad sounds like a (and this is an understatemente) HUGE asshole.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 pm 

First time on this board for years, just reminiscing of old times. Listening to the fucking golden cover from Van Canto of Manowars classic Kings of Metal, preparing to go to a party.

darkdead wrote:
I have still quarrelling the musician.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:50 pm 

I legitimately believe that Van Canto's version is superior to the original.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:19 pm 

Damn BH, that sounds like a really tricky situation. I hope she finds a way back to some sort of normalty soon.

Meanwhile in Germany:
http://www.muenchenkotzt.de/

Fuck my people.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:51 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Damn BH, that sounds like a really tricky situation. I hope she finds a way back to some sort of normalty soon.

Meanwhile in Germany:
http://www.muenchenkotzt.de/

Fuck my people.

That's a lot of vomit.
What exactly is happening?

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 pm 

Oktoberfest. The original one in Bavaria aka. our lamest state.

Last edited by inhumanist on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:53 pm 

Ah, Oktoberfest. So inviting.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:07 pm 

Haven't accessed the Archives in a bit, been working a lot and planning some neat business projects with my girlfriend. But I'm sure you'll be desperately happy and relieved to know I've been listening to way too much Summoning. Been listening to Summoning like I listen to Branikald when I listen to Branikald, which is to say exclusively, interchangeably, and at high risk of burnout. Totally looking forward to the new Summoning album, though I really hope they tone down the use of vocal samples/sound clips on the next release... it doesn't help their music and I'm not sure why they chose to do that in the first place.

Say, anyone in the Quebec/New England area know of any awesome routes to take or destinations to check out for prime fall foliage experiences? It's about that time of year (leaves are juuust starting to change here in Brooklyn), and I'd be stoked to go on a "trees grandly aflame" sort of road trip. Any thoughts?

Good evening, Metal Archives. I raise my glass to you.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:13 pm 

*Raises his chocolate milk*

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:27 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Long story made short, her dad is insane. She ran away a year ago, and when she swallowed her pride, apologized and came back, he just seemed to always hold it against her. First he sold the car she drove (technically it WAS his, but she is the only one who drove it), moved into a smaller apartment so she wouldn't have a bedroom, decided to stop driving her to her job because he just didn't feel like it anymore, forcing her to quit the job she relied on him for, demanding she pay rent only after she no longer has income, locks the cable box to only show news networks seemingly just to spite her always being home now, took her wash card so she had to go to a laundromat two miles away to do laundry, took her apartment key because why not, and then one day just told her to never come back. When she came to get her stuff (she was with me when he told her), he refused to let her in and instead made her cousin load all of her crap outside. Her mom won't take her for whatever reason (she's adopted and she suspects that their real daughter would be accomodated just fine, whereas nobody is helping her), and most of her friends live at home and no families would take her. She has one friend with her own place, but she's being petty and holding a grudge over some stupid fight they had a month ago and is refusing to help her out.

My mom has a lot of stuff going on so it was just bad timing. She got crazy mad that I let her stay but seems really sorry about it today. Apparently my girlfriend found some strangers that let her stay the night but she can't stay any longer. I haven't had any contact with her since. She doesn't have a phone charger so I assume she's conserving battery. Either way it's a fun time. My car is full of her clothes right now, but it's a rental thanks to my little accident a week or so ago (I think it was while my laptop was dead so I didn't tell that story here). Basically this is a relentless cavalcade of awful timing.

Um, so yeah. Your girl's dad is a humongous cunt.

inhumanist wrote:
Oktoberfest. The original one in Bavaria aka. our lamest state.

My friend went to that last week. I'm interested to see all the photos and stories he's got for me on his return.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:32 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
*Raises his chocolate milk*

*Raises his glass of "Anarkos" red wine*

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:55 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Say, anyone in the Quebec/New England area know of any awesome routes to take or destinations to check out for prime fall foliage experiences? It's about that time of year (leaves are juuust starting to change here in Brooklyn), and I'd be stoked to go on a "trees grandly aflame" sort of road trip. Any thoughts?

In my experience living here, everywhere in Connecticut. If you're up for a day trip from Brooklyn, take the Merritt Parkway (CT-15) up to Woodbridge/Hamden, visit New England Brewing Company for a sample and a growler (very small brewery, very little there to tour as it's one room about the size of a high school gym, but the beer is excellent) then hike at Sleeping Giant park - the Parkway goes under it so it's hard to miss.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:25 pm 

Thanks Zodi! Connecticut sounds likely. Trying to keep this idea within a reasonable radius, as cool as it would be to take some epic drive up to Maine or something.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 pm 

I'm debating where I should go for Winter break. A friend of mine is driving to Washington(Which also means stops in Eugene and Portland along the way) and another is going to Tijuana/Los Angeles/ San Diego and I have enough to get a train ticket as far as Denver.

I could also go to the bay area, but San Fransisco during winter sucks. I guess it will all come down to what shows are happening in that area while I'm there.

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:14 pm 

iAm wrote:
I could also go to the bay area, but San Fransisco during winter sucks. I guess it will all come down to what shows are happening in that area while I'm there.

:snipe:
San Francisco is always the correct decision, regardless of the time of year.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:18 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Haven't accessed the Archives in a bit, been working a lot and planning some neat business projects with my girlfriend. But I'm sure you'll be desperately happy and relieved to know I've been listening to way too much Summoning. Been listening to Summoning like I listen to Branikald when I listen to Branikald, which is to say exclusively, interchangeably, and at high risk of burnout. Totally looking forward to the new Summoning album, though I really hope they tone down the use of vocal samples/sound clips on the next release... it doesn't help their music and I'm not sure why they chose to do that in the first place.

Well, if you come to Québec, fuckin' let me know! My birthplace is quite lovely during autumn, the trees are colorful.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:23 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Under_Starmere wrote:

Well, if you come to Québec, fuckin' let me know! My birthplace is quite lovely during autumn, the trees are colorful.

And also in Quebec, people get into car accidents/hit with a car. :-D

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:36 pm 

...What? :scratch:

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:18 pm 

....That was a worthless non sequitur. Anyway, I'd love to visit Montreal, Tony, and rest assured that, if I did, bro-ing down would occur, and there would probably be board games of some sort. The only down sides are that you'd have to stoop to using the dum-dum pig language of English to communicate with me, and that Montreal is several hours outside of my realistic journey range :(. Definitely want to make the trip at some point though!

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:20 pm 

Metantoine wrote:

My roommate drove me from Sherbrooke to Montreal yesterday. The scenery was fucking beautiful, man. Huge rolling hills of brightly coloured trees and winding cliffs everywhere (we took the scenic route). He played hardcore (sometimes verging on deathcore, and I'm talking about the newer breakdown style hardcore, not hardcore punk) the whole time and I finally got it. It only sounds good when you're driving fast with it cranked up on a car with a good subwoofer. Still wouldn't listen to it on my own, though.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 629, 630, 631, 632, 633, 634, 635 ... 827  Next