Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:41 am 

I'm still not clear on exactly what happened...the guy started acting out both sides of a sex scene I guess? Couldn't you have just said "hey man, that's enough," or something? You make it seem like he was holding you hostage and forcing this all on you haha.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 am 

I imagine it being the sort of thing you simply can't look away from, no matter how much you might want to...but I surely would have said something!
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:08 pm 

Not worth it, I'd say. I wouldn't want to stay close to a guy who is willing to do a one man performance of a fictional sex scene in front of other people.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:29 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Not worth it, I'd say. I wouldn't want to stay close to a guy who is willing to do a one man performance of a fictional sex scene in front of other people.

Eh, I just think it's funny as hell...

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 pm 

PnP Erotica... sounds unsightly :(

Well all that aside, I am actually debating attending a Friday Night Magic gathering soon. I'm not sure why the game is so addictive; I love th art work and how the game is actually played. And since i've learned that D&D is a major influence in the game, well, I'm heavily interested in playing it.

But having never been in any of the dreaded comic book shops or game shops, are the fanbase in those places actually as bad and geeky as everyone makes out?

Lol

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
But having never been in any of the dreaded comic book shops or game shops, are the fanbase in those places actually as bad and geeky as everyone makes out?

Nigga, you're a grown man who plays Yu-Gi-Oh.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm 

Nah, not really. Maybe you'll get one guy who hangs around the counter a lot bugging the proprietor and talking nonstop, but that's probably going to be about it. :D

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 pm 

Is the website Guttershock any good? Got some GISM and Disclose shirts that I want. I just want to see if anyone else knows about that site before I buy something that is really awful.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:49 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

Touche, I suppose. Well, at least I don't make it my entire life!

Besides, Yu-Gi-Oh is a pretty cool game... :(

Scored Profanatica for $7 recently, and then Havohej -Dethrone The Son of God for 7euros soon. Yes. Now I need Grand Belial's Key.

Lol

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:58 pm 

You really do: GBK wipes the floor with most other US black metal bands...especially Profanatica! :P

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:26 pm 

Lard was a really good band. Their two full-length albums are masterful, with The Last Temption of Reid edging out over Pure Chewing Satisfaction only because of their cover of "They Are Coming to Take Me Away" and "I Am Your Clock" - the two best songs on the album. Beastly, industrial metal psychological horrorscapes. That's what those songs are. Why isn't this band on the archives? They are pretty goddamn metal.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:12 pm 

Ron Asheton was in that movie Mosquito. I will have to watch that awful movie again now that I know it's him in it.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:40 pm 

Yugioh was the shit ten years ago and if I knew anybody who still played it I'd be all over it. Lame and nerdy for sure, but so is listening to metal, and that doesn't stop anybody here.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:45 pm 

I still have a bunch of Yu-gi-oh holo cards I'm trying to sell. Supers, ultra, secrets from the first 8 or so packs. Ugh.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:46 pm 

Listening to tons of Voivod after a break from metal is always a cathartic experience.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:49 pm 

I have a buddy who, at age 23, still plays Yugioh competitively and is one of the top players in his state. Yes, he has an attractive long-term girlfriend and no she doesn't play it too. I don't know how he does it.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:50 pm 

I still have two huge canisters filled with Yu-go-oh cards in my bedroom closet. There must be a couple hundred cards in there. I never played the game, well, I guess maybe a couple of times.... I just loved collecting them. I have a lot of first editions, but I have no idea if they have any value.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:51 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
I have a buddy who, at age 23, still plays Yugioh competitively and is one of the top players in his state. Yes, he has an attractive long-term girlfriend and no she doesn't play it too. I don't know how he does it.

I guess when you have the patience and skill to become a great yugioh player, you also have the patience and skill for a girlfriend.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:04 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I still have two huge canisters filled with Yu-go-oh cards in my bedroom closet. There must be a couple hundred cards in there. I never played the game, well, I guess maybe a couple of times.... I just loved collecting them. I have a lot of first editions, but I have no idea if they have any value.

I did the same with Pokémon cards. Even though about a third of my collection is in Spanish. Apparently I was too stupid as a kid to buy English decks. :lol:

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:10 pm 

Has anyone noticed the new wave of Glam bands lately?

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:25 pm 

I remember playing Yu-gi-oh when I was like 14 or something, was quite fun, only stopped playing it since hardly anyone else played it anymore and since the shopkeeper kept not showing up on time and waiting hours to play it wasn't worth it. I would still probably play it now if anybody else around here did. I still have many of the cards in yugioh card tins, along with some drugs I have hidden inside, good place to hide them since nobody would ever look in them. :lol:

wreath_of_coils
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:36 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:
I remember playing Yu-gi-oh when I was like 14 or something, was quite fun, only stopped playing it since hardly anyone else played it anymore and since the shopkeeper kept not showing up on time and waiting hours to play it wasn't worth it. I would still probably play it now if anybody else around here did. I still have many of the cards in yugioh card tins, along with some drugs I have hidden inside, good place to hide them since nobody would ever look in them. :lol:

If you split the narcotics in the canister with me 50/50 we've got a deal. Sound good home slice?

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 pm 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:

For better or worse, yes. Some of them do it well enough to hold my interest. Can't remember the band off the top of my head but they were doing old Motley Crue worship and it sounded catchy as hell. but then you have others that are, well :puke:

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm 

I'd be down for some Too Fast for Love worship any day. If you remember name of said band, please post!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:14 pm 

I actually still play Yu-Gi-Oh because it's free online.

Also:
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=184293
Those crazy Germans...

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:18 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
I'd be down for some Too Fast for Love worship any day. If you remember name of said band, please post!

I certainly will, but I need to remember it first and it is just not coming back to me. This is going to drive me nuts now.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
I actually still play Yu-Gi-Oh because it's free online.

Also:
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=184293
Those crazy Germans...

Best Kiss song. Hands down.

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:31 pm 

The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
Metalfuckingrules wrote:

For better or worse, yes. Some of them do it well enough to hold my interest. Can't remember the band off the top of my head but they were doing old Motley Crue worship and it sounded catchy as hell. but then you have others that are, well :puke:

Steel Panther?

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:36 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFbWC8uGgg

I find this to be absolutely brilliant!

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 pm 

slayerhatesusall wrote:

Note to self: check yugioh card tins next time I'm rummaging in some stranger's medicine cabinet

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 pm 

I spent these last 2 days off from work laying in bed listening to death metal. Can't complain.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:44 pm 

I always played Yugioh the playground way where you won after like twenty minutes of who had the most cards in the graveyard. I beat everyone in Junior high and won all of their best cards, now I have no idea where all of them are. Some of the artwork on those things was amazing, especially for the BEWD.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 pm 

I used to play Yugioh when it came out like, fervently. Stopped around 14-15 because me and a friend of mine had a falling-out. These days we're cool again and, for nostalgia reasons, break out the cards every once in a while for a game; 'tis fun. Can't be assed to buy new ones or learn any of the new rules though. Pretty much done with it except for the nostalgia plays.

To make this post more metal...here!

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 am 

^ I sent that link to a friend of mine who I talk to a lot about USPM and heavy metal and he loved it. I like it as well they're able to mend melodies, a thrash influence, and great vocals. Excellent stuff, I dunno what he meant about a Metallica influence though. It doesn't get anymore metal than a rapid tempo and screeching vocals.

Edit: It was actually the link for the song Heresy.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 am 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

Touche, I suppose. Well, at least I don't make it my entire life!

Besides, Yu-Gi-Oh is a pretty cool game... :(

Scored Profanatica for $7 recently, and then Havohej -Dethrone The Son of God for 7euros soon. Yes. Now I need Grand Belial's Key.

Antitheist Disseminations has a stock of the most recent represses for 10$ I think.

Under_Starmere wrote:

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:00 am 

Det_Morkettall wrote:

They can be. Some smell bad and some are autistic. Does that mean you're afraid of hanging out with metal fans too?

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:52 am 

I spent a few hours in my favourite comic book shop just today, mainly to escape the heat (I burnt my hand on my freaking doorknob! damn this heatwave) - of the dozens of people in there, maybe two or three stuck out as seeming to be the stereotypical nerd types, grilling the dudes who run the place about variant covers and the new set of rules for something or other becoming available. When it comes to Magic - while I don't play myself, which kinda limits the quality of social interaction I have with those friends who are truly obsessed with it, I must say that they're all cool people nonetheless; even the ones who spend hours memorising ridiculous amounts of information about the game or play at international tournaments have steady, attractive, lovely girlfriends, some of whom play the game as well(if you take that sort of thing as a sign of social success or status). So, don't mind the stereotypes - if it's your thing, go for it.

failsafeman wrote:
I'm still not clear on exactly what happened...the guy started acting out both sides of a sex scene I guess? Couldn't you have just said "hey man, that's enough," or something? You make it seem like he was holding you hostage and forcing this all on you haha.

Yeah, we were all a bit too immature (and drunk) to consider the rational option. We did ask him to stop, but, as he didn't, and things escalated pretty quickly, and we were all half-laughing and half-flabbergasted, we all just left. No one knew the guy well enough to get back in touch afterwards, nor did anyone really want to.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:04 am 

colin040 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFbWC8uGgg

I find this to be absolutely brilliant!

Haha, I've seen this before. These guys bring out the shit that even your mind can't conjure up.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:10 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
You really do: GBK wipes the floor with most other US black metal bands...especially Profanatica! :P

Agreed! Profanatica is a joke compared to GBK.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:51 am 

Calusari wrote:
I spent a few hours in my favourite comic book shop just today, mainly to escape the heat (I burnt my hand on my freaking doorknob! damn this heatwave)

I'm coming to Melbourne tomorrow, and this is totally not what I wanted to hear. :(

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 743, 744, 745, 746, 747, 748, 749 ... 827  Next