Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:01 am 

Yeah, tomorrow will be the hottest day this week (41 at least) - sorry to break it to you, hope this won't ruin your trip. Though that whole 'heatwave' thing everyone's talking about is a bit over-exaggerated, in my view; apart from tomorrow, the only other really hot day will apparently be Monday. And it wasn't really that awful today, if you avoided direct sunlight.

Having no air-con at home, I spent the day trying to spend as long as I could in various shops without buying much/anything. At least it gave me the chance to find Baphomet's "The Dead Shall Inherit" for $12 at the gloriously icy Missing Link (I have no idea how they can afford to keep it that cold, but I'm grateful).

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:04 am 

Calusari wrote:
Yeah, tomorrow will be the hottest day this week (41 at least) - sorry to break it to you, hope this won't ruin your trip. Though that whole 'heatwave' thing everyone's talking about is a bit over-exaggerated, in my view; apart from tomorrow, the only other really hot day will apparently be Monday. And it wasn't really that awful today, if you avoided direct sunlight.

Having no air-con at home, I spent the day trying to spend as long as I could in various shops without buying much/anything. At least it gave me the chance to find Baphomet's "The Dead Shall Inherit" for $12 at the gloriously icy Missing Link (I have no idea how they can afford to keep it that cold, but I'm grateful).

41, holy cow. I will survive, but barely. You did the right thing by going from shop to shop, and it's good that Missing Link is nice and icy. I'm assuming it's from all the black metal in their store. :P I hope I can stop in there and have a peek around while I'm down.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:07 am 

Haha, exactly; it's pure Norwegian air, straight from the permafrost. Hmmm. Now there's an idea...

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:40 am 

Spoiler: show
[spoiler]
doomster999 wrote:
As this thread was locked previously, so per recommendation I'm moving it here. I found Opeth's last.fm page in the following state this morning.

The Shoutbox:

Today I came across exactly similar prank as above on Enslaved's last.fm page.

I believe the person on the artwork is Metantoine :eek:

It's the same person again and again doing this same shit. He/She's getting reported, blocked but keeps coming back with the oh-so familiar username e.g. leatherdaddyz, something-with-gay, honeybadger related etc.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:32 am 

what the fuck
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am 

inhumanist wrote:
what the fuck

+1

:???: The internet is a strange place, indeed.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:09 am 

Its MalignantThrone I tells ya!

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:25 am 

Shit. Antoine has enemies. :guns:

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:36 am 

Making fun of Opeth is all well and good, but Enslaved? That's going too far. :annoyed:

I'm really curious to see Antoine's response to this.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 am 

Calusari wrote:
inhumanist wrote:
what the fuck

+1

:???: The internet is a strange place, indeed.

More like a place to act tough (read cowardly) behind a computer.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:45 am 

I'm curious if it's someone from this forum. Ok guys, let's start digging through metantione's posting history I guess...

doomster999

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Its MalignantThrone I tells ya!

I went through his posting history and I've found two notable similarities between the leader of the Kroegerian brotherhood group/Soft furry kittens (both banned) on last.fm. MalignantThrone seems to be very frequent with the words 'gay' and 'fluffy kitties' just like the spammer on last.fm.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 am 

This conspiracy is heating up, though I really don't think MT is guilty.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 am 

Yeah, I highly HIGHLY doubt it's MalignantThrone. Maybe it's just some idiot that got banned by Metantione that nobody remembers. Or the person in question has nothing to do with Metantione and just simply thought that it was funny to use Toine's picture.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:57 am 

Well, Enslaved and Opeth are two bands that 'toine really likes..... So there's that. Plus, if that isn't the man himself on that last picture, then I'll eat my shoes. Could've been worse though, as it's not in fact Metantoine the one giving head, at least.....

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:23 pm 

I got Internet fame, I guess!
Maybe one of these guys, they love us so much, even Aeonblade calls all the mods faggots. Respectable fellows.

It's probably someone I banned, no big deal. He wrote that I was Grutle on this pic, so it's a compliment, right, right?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:26 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Well, Enslaved and Opeth are two bands that 'toine really likes..... So there's that. Plus, if that isn't the man himself on that last picture, then I'll eat my shoes. Could've been worse though, as it's not in fact Metantoine the one giving head, at least.....

True, but Enslaved and Opeth have been criticized a lot for changing their sound. So it isn't suprising that these two bands are being used. But, I have to agree. Metantonie's picture being there makes it unlikely that the two aren't connected.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:28 pm 

Also, off that very forum:
The Prophet Muhammad about MA wrote:
I can't remember a single post I've made on there that wasn't systematically deconstructed and picked apart sentence by sentence. Its a gigantic politically correct cesspool of whiny faggots and know-it-all cunts. Fuck that place.

I does anyone remember this guy? I think I saw his name while lurking this place.

On a related note, I didn't know MA was so hated by other boards. Sure, I was aware that this place had its fair share of detractors (hell, like pretty much every forum), but I only see shit talking on that forum.....

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 pm 

I never understood the hate. Ok, so your favorite band isn't allowed on MA. So what? It doesn't fucking change the quality of the music.. And about that quote: When you say something stupid, you get slandered for it. I don't see anything wrong with that.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:36 pm 

Yeah, I imagine that the guy must've said quite a few ridiculous things and is now whining because this forum is 100% bullshit-proof. I just brought him up because his name rings a bell with me.....
henkkjelle wrote:
I never understood the hate. Ok, so your favorite band isn't allowed on MA. So what? It doesn't fucking change the quality of the music.

Also this, a thousand times. People take MA rejections far too seriously.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:37 pm 

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=220308

He had great posts like this one: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93208&p=2135742#p2135742

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:39 pm 

Not certain that it's him, but I may know that Mohammad fellow personally, at least a little. I'm surprised he feels that way...

Edit: Huh, it is him...
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Last edited by Abominatrix on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 pm 

Ah yeah, I remember him now. He was a charming fellow :roll:

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:50 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I never understood the hate. Ok, so your favorite band isn't allowed on MA. So what? It doesn't fucking change the quality of the music.. And about that quote: When you say something stupid, you get slandered for it. I don't see anything wrong with that.

People are touchy about their opinions and ideologies of what metal is and isn't. And they probably can't accept otherwise. I have had countless discussions with friends IRL as to why Band X isn't on the archives etc...some look at it as elitism and that's how it starts.

But truth to be told...all the haters would be hypocrites coz I'll be sure as hell that as much as they diss the archives, they use it from time to time.

doomster999

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:14 pm 

That spammer not only violates pages of Opeth and Enslaved but also Kreator, Testament, Katatonia, Overkill etc. I think he's a bit mental. His tags are hilarious most notably 'homoerotic wet dream nostalgia metal' (I almost died laughing when I read that first time), 'kroegressive cock rock', 'soft furry kitten metal', 'hot melted cheese', 'grampa rock' and 'thrash queers'. Secondly, it's more than one person behind all these.

Last.fm

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 pm 

Ah, young people...they think they have all the time in the world, so it seems perfectly ok to waste so much of it on such empty frivolities...:P
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:53 pm 

Most people really seem to have this idea that MA accepts bands into the archives based on how good they are, or how much Morrigan and Hellblazer personally like each band, like it's some qualitative stamp. They brand it as elitism but then because of this perception that metal = quality, it's really they themselves who are being so elitist in the first place. There's a difference between elitism and simply having lines between genres...I mean what, are we gonna start including 50s doo-wop bands because they eventually, a long way down the line, evolved into hard rock and metal bands? Silly.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:54 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Maybe one of these guys, they love us so much, even Aeonblade calls all the mods faggots. Respectable fellows.

It's probably someone I banned, no big deal. He wrote that I was Grutle on this pic, so it's a compliment, right, right?

Aeonblade wrote:
MA keeps getting worse. But what do you expect when half the mods are PC faggots who are friends in real life?

Yeah, he just managed to make himself look like a huge dick.

Also it makes me laugh when people say things like "MA has been going downhill a lot lately" or whatever, when 99% of the time nothing significant has changed and the user in question has just gotten tired of things that were always there. I'm approaching my 9th year here and I can tell you a lot has changed in that time, but it's been mostly gradual and mostly due to the growing population, which has meant the forum has seen less and less influence from individual personalities. The days of UltraBoris's or even Nightgaunt's "celebrity status" are long gone.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:22 pm 

I have visited a few of those other well known metal forums in the past and can safely say this is the only board where the majority of the user base (For the most part) can agree on what is metal. Best Rec system I have ever seen on any forum. It is amusing how some get so butthurt when something they deem metal is rejected and like children they go forth with their tirades. Fuck em.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:28 pm 

Yeah, MA must easily be the best metal related forum, and probably one of the best about music in general. The organization, the management, the sheer amounts of knowledge available, etc. Sure, the place is quite strict, but a good part of the reason it's so good is because of the mods' no nonsense approach. Obviously, the place wouldn't be as tidy as it is with idiots running around unattended.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:49 pm 

Metantoine wrote:

Those guys are idiots.
Anal Cunt and Agoraphobic Nosebleed aren't on METAL Archives because they aren't METAL.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:10 pm 

Metantoine wrote:

Oh god the stupid gives me headaches :ugh:
It's like an endless bukkake fest of butthurt self importance.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Last edited by inhumanist on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:20 pm 

...so this hit the mainstream metal news today.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2013/01/03/sl ... -robinson/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:23 pm 

The idiot on Last.fm is banned now and all his uploads have been removed, btw. Probably some butthurt dickhead who got banned.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 pm 

My Guild Wars 2 account has been disabled for real money transactions. Something I've never done in any game unless specifically allowed. All because earlier this autumn I lost my email to some cracker who apparently sold the account to gold sellers.

Change your passwords today. Seven characters may have been barely enough in 2001, but it was about halfway enough in 2012.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:37 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
On a related note, I didn't know MA was so hated by other boards. Sure, I was aware that this place had its fair share of detractors (hell, like pretty much every forum), but I only see shit talking on that forum.....

A certain group of NWN! forum members always, always bitch about us. No matter what we do, they will find a way to hate us for it. It's a total knee-jerk reaction with no thought put behind it, but it's inevitable. The funniest case was when we added the "RIP" section; they were bitching it was awful and disrespectful (nevermind it's the opposite, a tribute to the departed), and when someone pointed out a site called Voices from the Dark Side did the same thing, they were all "oh but their version is tasteful and respectful, M-A are faggots". The cognitive dissonance is just hilarious. :)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:45 pm 

Wow, talking about damn double standards. So, if MA does anything, it's bad/wrong/stupid, but if any other site does the same, then it's okay? Shit, I guess we're all evil, elitist, retarded fuckers here! I'm convinced! Now, who wants to move to Metal Storm? I heard they are 25% more bland now.....

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:08 pm 

Irony in that thread looked pretty thick, goddamn.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 pm 

I always thought this NWNxMA fagstorm was nothing but a bunch of lame and childish nonsense. Who cares about what's happening on another board? Mind your own business and stop creating internet drama.

NWN isn't bad and I give credit to them for being one of the only metal forums out there that doesn't completely sucks.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:15 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
There's a difference between elitism and simply having lines between genres...I mean what, are we gonna start including 50s doo-wop bands because they eventually, a long way down the line, evolved into hard rock and metal bands? Silly.

I see potential April Fool's Day trickery here.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 744, 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750 ... 827  Next